Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50,000 Flip Flops In Paradise 12:25 - Jun 8 with 684 viewstheloneranger

Just watched this documentary on Sky News.

A team of volunteers arrive on the uninhabited island Aldabra in the Seychelles to clean up "Man's Plastic Footprint" In the first 2 weeks they collect 50,000 Flip flops!! washed up on the island, plus in a month they collect approx 50 tonnes of every type of plastic items known to man.

To see a paradise island with no humans, being so badly affected by humans is heart breaking. Turtles, tortoises, birds etc dying from eating or being trapped in plastic, even coral growing on plastic waste and eventually dying. All because of the human race and their need for plastic, with no respect where it eventually ends up.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

50,000 Flip Flops In Paradise on 14:41 - Jun 8 with 610 viewsThrasher6

I wondered where my pair went last summer...

(Only jesting..agree with OP)
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 14:42]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

50,000 Flip Flops In Paradise on 14:47 - Jun 8 with 597 viewsjack2jack

Thanks for the heads up, watched a preview, will watch it all later on.👍
50,000 Flip Flops In Paradise on 15:21 - Jun 8 with 565 viewsSgorioFruit

thanks. I will look this programme up
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 15:22]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

50,000 Flip Flops In Paradise on 23:18 - Jun 8 with 421 viewsjack2jack

Very good watch, really brings home, what an absolute mess we're making of the planet, and we are all guilty of it. To see such a remote island, with no human habitation turned into a garbage dump is quite shocking.
Also mentioned it is not only, plastic,flip flops and the like causing mayhem there to the local wildlife, but also the fact that invasive species are being carried in on the rubbish and upsetting the balance of nature.
They were in the process of cleaning up literally tons of litter. Such a beautiful island, real shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024