Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Warwick and Lohengrin 10:01 - May 21 with 610 viewsDarran

No need to thank me you pair of cocks.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/exclusive-first-look-at-new-photograph-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Warwick and Lohengrin on 12:55 - May 21 with 512 viewsFieryJack

He sure had long fingers - like Jimi Hendrix.

I bought his Columbia recordings on vinyl when I was about 18, but rarely listen to them now. Have to be in really in the mood, but when I am, God damn, it's terrific stuff.

Johnson, like other blues men from the 20s and 30s, is difficult to listen to - their music comes from such a strange, weird, distant place.

Always liked the opening to this film. It refers to his supposed pact with the devil: selling his soul at the crossroads in exchange for satanic proficiency on the guitar. That's poppycock, I think.

More accurate is the depiction of his behaviour in the San Antonio hotel where he made his recordings in 1937. Nervous and shy, he did bolster his nerves with whisky and also faced into the corner away from scrutiny.

FAO Warwick and Lohengrin on 15:53 - May 21 with 452 viewsWarwickHunt

FAO Warwick and Lohengrin on 12:55 - May 21 by FieryJack

He sure had long fingers - like Jimi Hendrix.

I bought his Columbia recordings on vinyl when I was about 18, but rarely listen to them now. Have to be in really in the mood, but when I am, God damn, it's terrific stuff.

Johnson, like other blues men from the 20s and 30s, is difficult to listen to - their music comes from such a strange, weird, distant place.

Always liked the opening to this film. It refers to his supposed pact with the devil: selling his soul at the crossroads in exchange for satanic proficiency on the guitar. That's poppycock, I think.

More accurate is the depiction of his behaviour in the San Antonio hotel where he made his recordings in 1937. Nervous and shy, he did bolster his nerves with whisky and also faced into the corner away from scrutiny.

It’s obvious bollox - folklore nonsense taken seriously by brain dead romantics. He was taught by the great Son House and then took it further.

Escaping the Delta by Elijah Wald is essential reading for anyone interested. They were simply entertainers trying to make a few bucks.
Charley Patton, Tommy Johnson, Willie Brown, Robert Petway, Skip James, Tommy McClennan, Bukka White and early Muddy Waters for further listening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024