Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paula Vennells, CBE 18:35 - Apr 26 with 490 viewsbritferry

I see she has voluntarily stepped down from her directorships of Morrisons and Dunelm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56882496

Vennells was chief executive officer (CEO) of the Post Office Limited from 2012 to 2019. Under her leadership, the Post Office prosecuted hundreds of subpostmasters for fraud, despite knowing that the financial discrepancies were actually arising from computer errors for which her own company was responsible.

In the 2019 New Year Honours, she was awarded a CBE "for services to the Post Office and to charity"

Perhaps now would be an appropriate time for her to voluntarily hand back her CBE too!

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Paula Vennells, CBE on 07:34 - Apr 27 with 449 viewsYrAlarch

She is also an Anglican Priest.
Must be a very religious person!
Oversaw the persecution of innocents.
Paula Vennells, CBE on 21:06 - Apr 27 with 399 viewsCatullus

When they first put that Horizon system in it had loads of flaws, When I used to go to subs to collect the mail they often complained about it. The computers they used were secind hand too, one Postmaster told me his computer was 5 yeas old when he got it.

This woman deserves prosecuting for the lives she ruined.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Paula Vennells, CBE on 10:48 - May 1 with 355 viewstrampie

People are talking about a corporate coverup and it's owned by the Government, that woman that was in charge needs to answer some serious questions, it's an absolute scandal, people have been wrongly jailed, lives ruined, relationships ruined, financially people have been ruined, some have even said to have killed themselves, it's shocking.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Paula Vennells, CBE on 13:07 - May 1 with 323 viewsYrAlarch

Paula Vennells, CBE on 10:48 - May 1 by trampie

People are talking about a corporate coverup and it's owned by the Government, that woman that was in charge needs to answer some serious questions, it's an absolute scandal, people have been wrongly jailed, lives ruined, relationships ruined, financially people have been ruined, some have even said to have killed themselves, it's shocking.

Yes. She was not very charitable in the manner in which she relentlessly pursued the sub postmasters, then gave evasive and misleading evidence to a House of Commons Committee.
Paula Vennells, CBE on 13:21 - May 1 with 309 viewstrampie

Paula Vennells, CBE on 13:07 - May 1 by YrAlarch

Yes. She was not very charitable in the manner in which she relentlessly pursued the sub postmasters, then gave evasive and misleading evidence to a House of Commons Committee.

Shocking and there should be an investigation into her and her top managers at the time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Paula Vennells, CBE on 18:46 - May 1 with 278 viewsbritferry

a quote from a Senior Software Developer who worked at Fujitsu (the developers of the Horizon system) on Have I Got News For You on Friday night

The system should have never have been launched and bosses at Fujitsu knew this. Everybody in the building by the time I got there in 2001 knew it was a bag of sh*t. It had gone thru the test labs god knows how many times and the testers were raising bugs by the thousand

Oh yeah, it was all Consignia's fault
[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:49]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024