Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for everyone:- 00:48 - May 9 with 403 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do you ever envisage a time where Russell Martin says:-

“Right, time to judge me now. This is what I’ve built…”.

My take:

The criticism I levelled at him early on is that he tends to use these “building”, “process”, “judge me in the future” phrases as a way of blocking out criticism to his style that doesn’t appear to work.

I think he does that because he has no technical answers for the questions being asked - I don’t think he has the footballing nous or intelligence to answer them, or even the knowledge how to correct his ‘style’.

In the meantime he uses phrases like “dominate” over and over again like some sort of mantra to set a stage and trick those people listening into thinking we “should” be winning or that his style is working, without truly looking at it and understanding why.

It’s a facade, a millimetre thin layer of nonsense that falls at the merest scratch of scrutiny - but also thick enough for people to have the option to ignore it and pretend all is well.

At MK, for two seasons running refused to accept responsibility, said his way is the right way and they are building something and not to judge now….

He left that job before ever being in a position to be criticised, then suggested it was down to him when the new manager came in and turned it around and that they were then miraculously “ready”.

So here we are again, we have written off a whole season essentially at his request - as per his pattern. Does anyone truly think we will be going into next season where his ideas can finally be questioned, or will he still be saying “judge us in the future, not now” and “this is still a process, we are building”?

If so, that will be his FOURTH season out of four where he has said people shouldn’t judge his performance. How much time does this guy need?!

I will make a bold prediction that Martin will be gone before he puts himself in a position to be criticised without having the retort that we shouldn’t judge him now.

If the new manager comes in and turns his mess around, he will then claim credit.

Feel free to bookmark for those inclined to do those things.

[Post edited 9 May 2022 7:01]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Question for everyone:- on 05:09 - May 9 with 336 viewsTreforys_Jack

Difficult to disagree with any of that, as much as I'd like to.
Question for everyone:- on 07:21 - May 9 with 294 viewsDr_Parnassus

Question for everyone:- on 05:09 - May 9 by Treforys_Jack

Difficult to disagree with any of that, as much as I'd like to.

I'm going to guess the shorter than usual gap between ending the season and starting the next one will be part of the spiel.

''Not ideal to be able to get everyone we wanted to get, but it's not an excuse..'' - I can almost hear it now.

The fact it's the same for everyone, in fact a lot worse for some (play off teams) will be irrelevant.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024