Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One Chance 15:35 - Nov 7 with 803 viewsPegojack

Went to see the film One Chance last night, all about Paul Potts' rise to fame. Not a bad little film, well acted by James Corden and Alexandra Roach in particular. A lot of nostalgia for me being a Port Talbot boy, with extensive locations in and around the town plus sweeping aerial views, including Mayfield Street where my mum grew up, under the motorway flyovers (Potts running from bullies!), the station, the Aberavon seafront, Margam mountain and the steelworks.

(Anyone posting on this thread and calling the place Port Toilet will be searched out by me and given a good kicking...and Darren will run you over afterwards).

There was a scene in a seafront fish and chip restaurant which threw me, it looked a bit like the fairground and amusements which used to be down the town end of Aberavon beach although long gone, but I've since discovered that it was filmed in Porthcawl. The high street scenes with the Carphone Warehouse shop are shot in Chertsey, Surrey, so I guess the Port Talbot (or Swansea?) branch of CW was not photogenic enough, or doesn't exist any more. Some exquisite filming in Venice too, and a very good imitation of Pavarotti by some actor.

All in all, a good watch; take the ladies with you, they'll be eating out of your hand at the end...
[Post edited 7 Nov 2013 15:47]
One Chance on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 792 viewsDarran

Filmed some in Park Street,Taibach Michael.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One Chance on 15:48 - Nov 7 with 776 viewsPegojack

One Chance on 15:38 - Nov 7 by Darran

Filmed some in Park Street,Taibach Michael.

Does Potts live on Baglan Road in Mugs Villa now, Dar?
One Chance on 15:50 - Nov 7 with 766 viewsDarran

One Chance on 15:48 - Nov 7 by Pegojack

Does Potts live on Baglan Road in Mugs Villa now, Dar?

Yes Mike he does.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

One Chance on 15:55 - Nov 7 with 756 viewsrob

Met him a few times, nice bloke, suprisingly.
One Chance on 20:19 - Nov 7 with 703 viewsQuakerJack

Can't wait to see that. He sold my sister a phone

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024