Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting stats/article 13:49 - Jan 8 with 1148 viewsDevz00

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/oeP8SxdWh0aTlIOSTG-3Aw

There are some eye-opening stats in there (from opta) and I know stats can be used differently to form opposing opinions but I thought it was worth posting anyway.

This one stood out for me -

"The Swans have had only 23 clear-cut goalscoring opportunities this season; a tally that only struggling Norwich (22) and Crystal Palace (20) fare worse in of all top flight teams. However, Swansea rank 4th for their conversion rate from clear-cut chances (43.5%) and 2nd when only strikers are considered (60%). Plain and simply, though it sounds painfully obvious, the fact of the matter is that Swansea's deadly strikeforce are good enough to score ample goals, and if they were provided with more good quality service, Swansea would not be in the predicament, by their standards, that they currently find themselves in."

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Interesting stats/article on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 1134 viewssidekick_jack

What's this predicament we're in then?
Interesting stats/article on 13:56 - Jan 8 with 1125 viewsSkipTheJack

Stats like this are heavily skewed by our style of play. Many teams will just lump the ball into the box and get chances from loose balls and set pieces. Teams that are more patient and carefully construct their attacks tend to have fewer chances, but those chances are often better - hence our higher conversion rate.

Having said that, I suspect that Bony would score more goals playing for someone else, because balls put into the box regularly are what he thrives on.
Interesting stats/article on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 1108 viewsDevz00

Interesting stats/article on 13:56 - Jan 8 by SkipTheJack

Stats like this are heavily skewed by our style of play. Many teams will just lump the ball into the box and get chances from loose balls and set pieces. Teams that are more patient and carefully construct their attacks tend to have fewer chances, but those chances are often better - hence our higher conversion rate.

Having said that, I suspect that Bony would score more goals playing for someone else, because balls put into the box regularly are what he thrives on.

Yeah I suppose a long hoof into the box is creating a chance if the re's one of your players in the box. Didn't really think of that. To me, it read as if we aren't giving enough service to Bony in terms of clear chances.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Interesting stats/article on 14:28 - Jan 8 with 1063 views2face

Yet another "expert" that wants us to play "proper" British football.
They can stuff it.

I agree on the quote about better service for the strikers though.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 14:42]
Interesting stats/article on 14:31 - Jan 8 with 1054 viewsDull1Thomas

Could it be we spend much time getting the ball though the midfield which gives opponents time to get players back and it is this that hampers work in the final third?
This may be our best ploy and one used across continental Europe - and I'm not knocking a system that has worked for us just offering a suggestion for the statistics.)
Fans are often shouting for players to shoot or cross but very often these options would only result in losing possession as the opposition will have crowded the area in and around the penalty box.
Also noticeable is the way we often have to defend with our back four or five which leaves space for crosses and shots.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024