Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread 17:40 - Oct 13 with 14445 viewsModeratorC

It’s been well over five years since these two sides met. No team is invincible, no Melton Mowbray pie is uneatable, no Nathan Dyer in either side.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61065/swansea-city-face-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61084/swans-injury-updat
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61094/swans-v-foxes-late
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61098/team-news-swansea-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61099/swans-prove-they-c

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:08 - Oct 21 with 2029 viewspete

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 16:54 - Oct 21 by pete

1- 3

no disrespect but the class of player they have shows what the club has to do to beat sides like this.
Fair play our guys gave it their all no problem from me losing to a side like they were , by far the best in this Div with maybe Leeds
Now tuesday will be another thing
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 1998 viewsAnotherJohn

Watched this from my sickbed with a flu-like illness. I thought we were decent in phases, but too often lacked quality in our final pass. Leicester look certain to go up and we can't be too upset. My quibble for what it is worth is that I thought we brought on the wrong subs, and in particular persevered with Jerry Yeates for too long when he was having an off day.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 1994 viewsdantheswansman

I think 3-1 flattered them, it was a hugely improved performance against many peoples automatic promotion team
Could and should have scored more and that second goal of theirs was such a crap goal to concede
Still think Duff isn't giving enough playing time to the big Ukrainian guy
All things considered i think it was a good performance
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 1994 viewsmax936

The ref give us nothing yet give them loads, what was him walking off with Vardy laughing and joking, what was all about?, it was clear that the Ref was flattered to have been on the same pitch as them and acted accordingly. Appalling
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:32]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:26 - Oct 21 with 1878 viewsPlankton

Men v Boys
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:29 - Oct 21 with 1858 viewsandrew

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:26 - Oct 21 by Plankton

Men v Boys

I’m not overly concerned, expected, they gave it a go.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:47 - Oct 21 with 1777 viewsunion_jack

Men v Boys

A bit harsh but they were certainly better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:49 - Oct 21 with 1771 viewslifelong

Enjoyed the game, sometimes you’ve got to concede that you’ve been beaten by the better side.Thought we played some very good football in patches. That late goal in the first half was a killer blow.
Didn’t agree with Lowe being subbed.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:52 - Oct 21 with 1762 viewssP7qupUf

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 16:39 - Oct 21 by RhonddaSwans

WE ARE GOING UP.
Jerry hit that in in the first half we would be laughing.
This is the best team in our league 💪!
Burnley were 100x stronger lads we are in the play offs if we keep this up.

Pato has redeemed his self Cullen is another level.

Yeates is starting to show his class

Lowe is the 🐐

Humphreys is gonna play for the England first team!

Patinio needs a few more wins but an upgrade on that wolves loan from last year.

Grimes is showing what I always thaght of him lynch pin and scoring aswell.

Darling is the hard man better with out benny C at the moment.

WE ARE GOING UP!

Thought Humphreys did a bloody good job on Vardy.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:58 - Oct 21 with 1719 viewsonehunglow

I hate Leicester city but they seem far and away the best in this league. A team apart .
Think we ll be ok .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:03 - Oct 21 with 1707 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61099/swans-prove-they-c

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:17 - Oct 21 with 1643 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:49 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Enjoyed the game, sometimes you’ve got to concede that you’ve been beaten by the better side.Thought we played some very good football in patches. That late goal in the first half was a killer blow.

it was one of the best home games in 3 seasons Leicester still have a Squad with PL quality we played some great football at times too.
Lowe was starting to blow I think Duffmade the right move to keep him for a winnable match Tuesday

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:25 - Oct 21 with 1603 viewsWhiterockin

Totally agree, Lowe and Patterson going off really baffled me, IMO Yates should have been pulled. Although we matched them for most of the game their players were far better than ours and with the chances they created the could/should have scored another three. All in all we put in a decent effort and on another day it would have been enough to beat most teams. I thought Leicester are better than Burnley were last season and will walk this league.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 1586 viewsmax936

Took our two most influential players off when we were pushing for equaliser, crazy decision, I know we've a game Tuesday, but still Paterson and Lowe were pressing and he took them off and then we lost the momentum, that Ref was awful give us nothing and them everything.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:34 - Oct 21 with 1568 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:25 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

Totally agree, Lowe and Patterson going off really baffled me, IMO Yates should have been pulled. Although we matched them for most of the game their players were far better than ours and with the chances they created the could/should have scored another three. All in all we put in a decent effort and on another day it would have been enough to beat most teams. I thought Leicester are better than Burnley were last season and will walk this league.

I thought they were head and shoulders above us, but most of us expected that.

We still played very well, they just had much better players. They should be embarrassed finishing below the likes of Bournemouth and Forest with a team like that. Their #10 was one of the best I’ve seen in the championship and they had Inheanacho and Connor Coady on the bench.

I think we beat Watford Tuesday if we play like we did today. Nothing to be concerned about at all.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:52 - Oct 21 with 1499 viewscontroversial_jack

Outplayed for most of the game. Gave them too much respect, stood off and didn't press. Poor game plan by Duff. Gave too much ball away and players caught in possession too often.

I didn't expect anything today, but was disappointed with our play. Onward and upwards
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:54 - Oct 21 with 1482 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:52 - Oct 21 by controversial_jack

Outplayed for most of the game. Gave them too much respect, stood off and didn't press. Poor game plan by Duff. Gave too much ball away and players caught in possession too often.

I didn't expect anything today, but was disappointed with our play. Onward and upwards

I agree on the respect thing, but I’m surprised the ref wasn’t on the Leicester team sheet.

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:57 - Oct 21 with 1466 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:54 - Oct 21 by KeithHaynes

I agree on the respect thing, but I’m surprised the ref wasn’t on the Leicester team sheet.

I did see him getting on the team bus though.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:29 - Oct 21 with 1359 viewsTreforys_Jack

Some games you can deal with losing, this was one such occasion. The players should take a lot of confidence from that performance. The ref didn't cost us, but didn't give us anything all game, definitely favoured the "big club". Bashir is going to be a big player.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:32 - Oct 21 with 1344 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61108/everything-michael

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 1311 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 18:57 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

I did see him getting on the team bus though.

Edit ....sorry was not a reply to the post just comment for the thread.

Did Duff save our best forwards for Watford game by taking off Lowe and Paterson, one point today or three on Tuesday?
Did we show them too much respect, hought after a shaky start on our left ended up sorting it out, on the right side didn't think we stop the threat between Cullen, Patino and Darling didn't get their marking right for Dewsbury-Hall who wasn't picked up sufficiently leaving Key with decisions to make, go out on the winger or stay inside giving the winger time to have the ball to feet.
Game swung by fine margins a couple of missing final touches by Leicester, Paterson not slowing down to let the last defender to bring him down, Jerry's strike to catch their goalie high up the pitch, a save by the keeper off Cullen's bar rattling strike? Lowe's shot pushed around the post by a good finger tips save..
Can you really afford to let defenders have time to pick their through passes.
We played well and the third goal for Leicester was inevitable but we look threatening at times but force or dropped back too often all be it against probably the best team in the league.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 19:57]
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 1306 viewsFireboy2

Men v Boys

Did you go?
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:40 - Oct 21 with 1302 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 17:47 - Oct 21 by union_jack

A bit harsh but they were certainly better.

Don't take the bait from the whale food.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:40 - Oct 21 with 1300 viewsnantywatcher

Some great individual performances today, but you cannot expect to get anything in the Championship with only 9 outfield players. After 30 minutes you could have replaced Yates with a deckchair. An abysmal half hearted display. Why he came out for the second half is beyond me. Really enjoyed the game and we are looking good for the rest of the season.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:43 - Oct 21 with 1278 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:40 - Oct 21 by nantywatcher

Some great individual performances today, but you cannot expect to get anything in the Championship with only 9 outfield players. After 30 minutes you could have replaced Yates with a deckchair. An abysmal half hearted display. Why he came out for the second half is beyond me. Really enjoyed the game and we are looking good for the rest of the season.

It isn't like you to be negative 🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024