Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread 17:40 - Oct 13 with 14444 viewsModeratorC

It’s been well over five years since these two sides met. No team is invincible, no Melton Mowbray pie is uneatable, no Nathan Dyer in either side.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61065/swansea-city-face-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61084/swans-injury-updat
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61094/swans-v-foxes-late
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61098/team-news-swansea-
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61099/swans-prove-they-c

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 1991 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:38 - Oct 21 by RichardO

Edit ....sorry was not a reply to the post just comment for the thread.

Did Duff save our best forwards for Watford game by taking off Lowe and Paterson, one point today or three on Tuesday?
Did we show them too much respect, hought after a shaky start on our left ended up sorting it out, on the right side didn't think we stop the threat between Cullen, Patino and Darling didn't get their marking right for Dewsbury-Hall who wasn't picked up sufficiently leaving Key with decisions to make, go out on the winger or stay inside giving the winger time to have the ball to feet.
Game swung by fine margins a couple of missing final touches by Leicester, Paterson not slowing down to let the last defender to bring him down, Jerry's strike to catch their goalie high up the pitch, a save by the keeper off Cullen's bar rattling strike? Lowe's shot pushed around the post by a good finger tips save..
Can you really afford to let defenders have time to pick their through passes.
We played well and the third goal for Leicester was inevitable but we look threatening at times but force or dropped back too often all be it against probably the best team in the league.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 19:57]

Key’s pace was astonishing recovering one Leicester move.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 1952 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:40 - Oct 21 by nantywatcher

Some great individual performances today, but you cannot expect to get anything in the Championship with only 9 outfield players. After 30 minutes you could have replaced Yates with a deckchair. An abysmal half hearted display. Why he came out for the second half is beyond me. Really enjoyed the game and we are looking good for the rest of the season.

I watched Yates carefully today to try and understand what some see in him. IMO opinion he offered absolutely nothing. Hopefully he will prove me wrong on Tuesday if he plays, personally I would start with Kukharevych.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:22 - Oct 21 with 1900 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:06 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

I watched Yates carefully today to try and understand what some see in him. IMO opinion he offered absolutely nothing. Hopefully he will prove me wrong on Tuesday if he plays, personally I would start with Kukharevych.

His time has to come.

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread (n/t) on 20:23 - Oct 21 with 1900 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 19:53 - Oct 21 by KeithHaynes

Key’s pace was astonishing recovering one Leicester move.

Key is undoubtedly one of our best players but I don't think we tied up our right side Dewsbury-Hall playing between players giving the winger space to receive the ball, on the other side Tymon closed the winger down but then again Lowe and Paterson worked hard bit more experience compared to Patino and Cullen.
I'm only nit picking and dissappointed after us going ahead, would have been happy with a draw before the game.
With their goalie playing so high at times wonder if we could have executed the press better instead of dropping so deep.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 20:36]
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 1859 viewsAguycalledJack

Beaten by a better team. We gave it a good go. It was a free hit as they say.

Personally thought their keeper was crap. Prefer ours over theirs.

Thought their central defenders weren’t up to much and had a mistake in them when pressed. Which we couldn’t do often enough.

Their midfield and frontline made up for what I thought was a poor back line. They will go up, but if they keep that team, will get smashed in the premiere league.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 20:43]
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:45 - Oct 21 with 1825 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 by AguycalledJack

Thought their central defenders weren’t up to much and had a mistake in them when pressed. Which we couldn’t do often enough.

Their midfield and frontline made up for what I thought was a poor back line. They will go up, but if they keep that team, will get smashed in the premiere league.

It does make you wonder if we had taken a punt on our squad when relegated would we have bounced back.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 21:01 - Oct 21 with 1788 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 by AguycalledJack

Control the midfield and the game becomes easy, you watch the teams that do it and you'll see it. Citeh, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs even Chelsea did it tonight for 60 minutes.

The game pivots on the midfield in both defence and attack, I'm speaking to the converted here I know, just emphasizing the fact.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 21:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 22:39 - Oct 21 with 1586 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:45 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

It does make you wonder if we had taken a punt on our squad when relegated would we have bounced back.

Exactly this. Leicester have reinvested after the typical relegation sales in addition to parachute payments. Not scrimped on a couple of million quid (£7m or so in our case).
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 1497 viewsangryjack

We not going to do anything with yates and cullen
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 05:58 - Oct 22 with 1396 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 23:54 - Oct 21 by angryjack

It’s going to be a bigger struggle for sure.

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 06:39 - Oct 22 with 1380 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 23:54 - Oct 21 by angryjack

Remember Ginelly is out for the season. Ideally we would have him and Lowe out wide with Cullen and Yates sharing the central role (assuming he doesn’t want to go Kukharevych). They have a lot of similarities and get through a hell of a lot of work. I’d be happy with Cullen replacing Yates after an hour if we had cover out wide.

They weren’t out biggest problem yesterday. Grimes, Patino and Paterson has worked lately and probably will against most teams, but we sacrifice defensive cover for creativity and Leicester played through us easily.

Having said that, I think we’ll set up the same against Watford and beat them.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 09:10 - Oct 22 with 1292 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 20:45 - Oct 21 by Whiterockin

Absolutely.
It was unforgivable
That said,many of our players couldn’t wait to bale out instead of sticking with us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 09:53 - Oct 22 with 1262 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 09:10 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Absolutely.
It was unforgivable
That said,many of our players couldn’t wait to bale out instead of sticking with us.

Relegation clauses in their contracts I believe.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:10 - Oct 22 with 1237 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 06:39 - Oct 22 by jack247

Remember Ginelly is out for the season. Ideally we would have him and Lowe out wide with Cullen and Yates sharing the central role (assuming he doesn’t want to go Kukharevych). They have a lot of similarities and get through a hell of a lot of work. I’d be happy with Cullen replacing Yates after an hour if we had cover out wide.

They weren’t out biggest problem yesterday. Grimes, Patino and Paterson has worked lately and probably will against most teams, but we sacrifice defensive cover for creativity and Leicester played through us easily.

That's problem Cullen and Yates bot good enough,neither can hold the ball and be a focul point,Cullen offers absolutely zero,and Yates think we spanked 2.5 million
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:14 - Oct 22 with 1225 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 09:53 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

Relegation clauses in their contracts I believe.

Doesn’t say much for them though does it.
All that kissing the badge and tears from Fab etc

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:40 - Oct 22 with 1196 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 06:39 - Oct 22 by jack247

As you said Duff sacrificed defensive cover for creativity but then decided to cede position on the pitch meaning we needed to adopt defensive tactics, a game plan was devised for this game which didn't work and substitutions were questionable, would have liked us to press on to their defence more given far too much time to get the ball forward to their better quality players.
Hey Ho we more on the the next game some times game plans work sometimes they don't.
We had chances would have like to have seen more but to do that we had to be further up the pitch.
Would have liked to see us press
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 11:28 - Oct 22 with 1144 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:14 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

But as you know, any offers that came in, and our owners sold.
Players were just shifted on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 12:22 - Oct 22 with 1091 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:14 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Most contracts I’ve been told hold a clause stating, the ‘opportunity to move’ if the player wants to.

Draw from that what you will.

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 12:38 - Oct 22 with 1068 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 12:22 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

Most contracts I’ve been told hold a clause stating, the ‘opportunity to move’ if the player wants to.

Draw from that what you will.

I have

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:08 - Oct 22 with 1027 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 10:10 - Oct 22 by angryjack

That's problem Cullen and Yates bot good enough,neither can hold the ball and be a focul point,Cullen offers absolutely zero,and Yates think we spanked 2.5 million

Neither of them are target men, no. Cullen isn’t a winger either, but he’s our best option there at the moment.

They both had to play like that, albeit in wider positions earlier in the season and it just didn’t work. Yates had to drop deeper than he would have liked and try to hold the ball up yesterday due to Leicester dominating the possession and territory.

Judge them week in week out against average championship teams, playing closer to their natural games and they both may surprise you.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:13 - Oct 22 with 1020 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:08 - Oct 22 by jack247

Neither of them are target men, no. Cullen isn’t a winger either, but he’s our best option there at the moment.

They both had to play like that, albeit in wider positions earlier in the season and it just didn’t work. Yates had to drop deeper than he would have liked and try to hold the ball up yesterday due to Leicester dominating the possession and territory.

Judge them week in week out against average championship teams, playing closer to their natural games and they both may surprise you.

Cullen shieled the ball well when received but limited options open to him.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:19 - Oct 22 with 1015 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:13 - Oct 22 by RichardO

Cullen shieled the ball well when received but limited options open to him.

He did.

When the front four system works, they usually have multiple options and we move it around quite fluidly.

Both Cullen and Yates were isolated at times yesterday. Not as much as Key though, who was left without support against their #10 who was getting the better of him. Honestly don’t know if Darling, Cullen or even Patino should have been doing more to help him out.

I’m just putting it down to a steep step up in opposition quality. We’ve looked good for a month or so.
Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:58 - Oct 22 with 979 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:08 - Oct 22 by jack247

Playing to the opposition strengths rarely goes well

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 14:31 - Oct 22 with 951 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Leicester City : Match day Thread on 13:19 - Oct 22 by jack247

He did.

When the front four system works, they usually have multiple options and we move it around quite fluidly.

Both Cullen and Yates were isolated at times yesterday. Not as much as Key though, who was left without support against their #10 who was getting the better of him. Honestly don’t know if Darling, Cullen or even Patino should have been doing more to help him out.

I’m just putting it down to a steep step up in opposition quality. We’ve looked good for a month or so.

Said earlier the three didn't help Key in so much as mark Dewsbury-Hall leaving Key to ensure the winger wasn't free to have the ball to feet.where as he effectivwly had two players to worry about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024