Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Ainsworth go from here? 12:16 - Mar 15 with 27309 viewsmart_Goblin

What’s his next move here?
Reading between the lines you can tell he was very angry last night but he knows damn well that he has to walk on egg shells with this precious bunch. He will be all too aware of what they did to NC when he dared to publicly criticise them. He used words like weak last night which to me tells you his real mindset and not just his media voice.
After seeing the lineup last night before kick off I was surprised he didn’t make at least a couple of changes, for example he openly said Dozzell wanted to come off Saturday because he was knackered (huge red flag anyway that several members of our squad can’t play 90 bloody minutes), but in hindsight, if he had made changes and we got pumped 6-1 we’d all be saying he shouldn’t change a winning team .
Same team , same formation …it can’t always be the manager and we are once again realising the impossible job NC had.

Personally I hope he is tearing strips off of this bunch privately. Some of them are nothing but con men . You can’t do what you did Saturday and then serve up that garbage 72 hours later .

Getting this lot up and the same as last Saturday against Birmingham seems almost impossible now .

I hope he was in with LF this morning tearing strips off of him too. Imagine having to work with this lot on a daily basis ?

GA being here also means that we now have to stop shopping in the premier league A & E department. You need to fit to play the way he wants and this lot ain’t no where near it . Not physically or mentally able or just plain injured all the time. Those won’t work under GA .
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:28]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 12:52 - Mar 15 with 9987 viewsLogman

I think GA will need to be very firm but fair with the players. There can be none of the 'matey' approach which you can have when there is all round trust and application from the players. We don't have that unfortunately because the sick notes have put paid to that and the younger players cannot be trusted yet to make the right decisions.

I've got faith in GA. With results like last night and the fragility of a large contingent of our squad - physically and mentally - there is a real possibility that we will go down - especially if one of Blackpool, Huddersfield or Wigan galvanise themselves and go on a run.

But long term GA will weed out the sick notes and players who are not up to it and we will have a team of professionals out week in week out from next season.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:20 - Mar 15 with 9873 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Top post here mart Goblin. Dozzell who is young and healthy and has not played many full games cannot last 90 of a bruising game and asks to come off that is a monster red flag.
Ainsworth praised him for saying he was hurting the team staying on but I think he should have been made stick it out .
We give a lot of flak to Dunne and Dickie but they have battled for every minute this season and never ask to come out .
Ainsworth fuc*ed up starting the same 11 , everybody on here knew it was a short turnaround and they were bruised after Watford .
Somebody posted Blackpool made 6 changes to get fresh legs on and it showed .
Lets wash this out of our memory and grab the win on Saturday it will ease the anxt
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:21 - Mar 15 with 9865 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it down to the lake I fear?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:27 - Mar 15 with 9836 viewscorse

He ll go home then back to work and then back home and back to work. Repeat this till the end of season when he is having a short off from office then work home work home until november/ december when he gets the sack while teflon les twiddels his fingers and sits in his office like shxt on the wall
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:37 - Mar 15 with 9758 viewsbaz_qpr

Around the 60th minute, even before Dykes and Martin went off we suddenly started to keep the ball on the floor and pass to and move again. I'm really intrigued by that and said it on the match thread because he either completely changed tack mid game or the players did on their own account. I'd love one of the jounos to ask how / why
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:53 - Mar 15 with 9693 viewsJordanFoster

I actually thought there was a lot of over-reaction following the win on Saturday - more so from the club than anyone else. I get fans are going to react in a certain way, I got lost in it too, but Watford were atrocious, pathetic even. Even on on Twitter the club were still putting out pictures of Drewe and Kakay high-fiving asking 'How good were these two?".

If you have Ismaila Sarr & Joao Pedro on either wing and you don't get the better of a non-league standard fullback and League 1 one, then something is clearly adrift. That was on them, rather than it being on us or their great defending. As proved last night, Hamilton looked like Messi when he was half up for it.

You always leave yourself wide open (see Ledesma t-shirts) and for some reason we do it again and again. At some point, whether it's through Samuel Di Carmine or Luke Freeman, you're going to win and I think Watford were the perfect opponents for that. As Dave Mc put, you can't lose them all.

But playing at home, on a sunny Saturday at 3pm in a derby against a team who’s had three managers already and are filled with a load of uninspired Premier League drop-outs is very different to a pissing down relegation-threatened Blackpool under Mick McCarthy. Yes, Ainsworth might have got pelters if he had changed the team and we lost but it's professional football - crack on. Give me some older pros, freshen it up.

I thought it was harsh to leave Drewe in last night, a switch for Albert, who probably would have been roasted the same but you've got a kid now absolutely burned. He hadn't played a professional game of football three weeks ago and he's probably going to play on Saturday. You only had to watch 15 mins of that game to see Drewe is miles off it and Dickie's mentally fragile so expect more of the same.

It's probably a post for another day, but I feel as a fan base we legitimise so much. Theres the Dickie post with John Terry, is what it is. The arse is falling out of the club, is what it is. We've thrown out 3 years of trying to play modern way with Ainsworth and his long-ball to Chris Martin, it is what it is, look where we are etc etc. Yes but how did we get here. I'm not sure what the answer is either but made me think after thinking about we lost 6-1 to a team that have failed to score nearly all year in the relegation zone and we just suck it up.

I'm not having a dig either btw, I just find it interesting!
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:55 - Mar 15 with 9674 viewsbongo_king

I suspect GA knows its a matter of "get 2-3 more wins to stay up then rip it up and rebuild in the summer". And subsequently, to that end, he'll do whatever is necessary with the team to achieve this, which probably means not risking losing the dressing room.

He talks about leaders, sheep etc and the fact he made Martin captain after 2 months at the club speaks volumes about his perception of the characters of the team. As I posted elsewhere, it seems like there is a critical mass of half-arsed players at the club which is pulling the team as a whole down. However, among them there are some good, honest, normally available players I reckon we should keep who maybe are not vocal leaders (Dunne, Field, Illy+Willy, Paal, Dykes, Dieng...) plus a few like Ozzie and Sinclair with roles to play.

The summer will be interesting, whichever league we are in.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 13:56]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:10 - Mar 15 with 9553 viewsdaveB

I think it's unlikely he is going to go in and tear strips off his boss, no matter what you think of the job Ferdinand is doing no right minded person is going to go into work on the back of a 6-1 defeat and blame their boss.

His next move is simple really, hard work on the training field on defending set plays, aim to win on Saturday with a similar performance to last weekend, it's all he can do really.
Login to get fewer ads

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:14 - Mar 15 with 9525 viewsdaveB

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:37 - Mar 15 by baz_qpr

Around the 60th minute, even before Dykes and Martin went off we suddenly started to keep the ball on the floor and pass to and move again. I'm really intrigued by that and said it on the match thread because he either completely changed tack mid game or the players did on their own account. I'd love one of the jounos to ask how / why

The game was lost and Blackpool had sat deep and were just happy to see it out so we had more time on the ball in the middle of the pitch so you couldn't play it forward quickly as they had everyone back needed to find another way through.

A bit too much is already being made about the style of play, we were hardly one touch pass and move football before Ainsworth came in, it's been crap for most of the season.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:34 - Mar 15 with 9429 viewsTK1

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:53 - Mar 15 by JordanFoster

I actually thought there was a lot of over-reaction following the win on Saturday - more so from the club than anyone else. I get fans are going to react in a certain way, I got lost in it too, but Watford were atrocious, pathetic even. Even on on Twitter the club were still putting out pictures of Drewe and Kakay high-fiving asking 'How good were these two?".

If you have Ismaila Sarr & Joao Pedro on either wing and you don't get the better of a non-league standard fullback and League 1 one, then something is clearly adrift. That was on them, rather than it being on us or their great defending. As proved last night, Hamilton looked like Messi when he was half up for it.

You always leave yourself wide open (see Ledesma t-shirts) and for some reason we do it again and again. At some point, whether it's through Samuel Di Carmine or Luke Freeman, you're going to win and I think Watford were the perfect opponents for that. As Dave Mc put, you can't lose them all.

But playing at home, on a sunny Saturday at 3pm in a derby against a team who’s had three managers already and are filled with a load of uninspired Premier League drop-outs is very different to a pissing down relegation-threatened Blackpool under Mick McCarthy. Yes, Ainsworth might have got pelters if he had changed the team and we lost but it's professional football - crack on. Give me some older pros, freshen it up.

I thought it was harsh to leave Drewe in last night, a switch for Albert, who probably would have been roasted the same but you've got a kid now absolutely burned. He hadn't played a professional game of football three weeks ago and he's probably going to play on Saturday. You only had to watch 15 mins of that game to see Drewe is miles off it and Dickie's mentally fragile so expect more of the same.

It's probably a post for another day, but I feel as a fan base we legitimise so much. Theres the Dickie post with John Terry, is what it is. The arse is falling out of the club, is what it is. We've thrown out 3 years of trying to play modern way with Ainsworth and his long-ball to Chris Martin, it is what it is, look where we are etc etc. Yes but how did we get here. I'm not sure what the answer is either but made me think after thinking about we lost 6-1 to a team that have failed to score nearly all year in the relegation zone and we just suck it up.

Agree about the club's cringe social media stuff. The lack of humility, and also: who's it for? I can't see the upside. It's extremely tinpot to have three days of celebrations because you've beaten Watford 1-0 at home.

As for the "I feel as a fan base we legitimise so much." What do you want people to do? What should they do about Rob Dickie playing golf with John Terry? Boo him? Make a meme? Really, what? There's obviously something really not right with him which will no doubt come out in time.

We already have the clown face "get out of my club" social media meme about Les/Lee/Amit which shortens my life by a few second every time I see it. Yes, we've had three years of one-style of play and have now have got a manager in who is the polar opposite - that's because we hadn't won a game in four months. Again, what do you want people to do? Not support him? Protest? Make more clown memes?

This is not democratic politics. We don't get a vote other than not going. We are all aware of these matters. The club is nutty. But I'd argue it's been nutty since 1987 and was significantly more mad (and corrupt) from 1997, throughout the entire 2000s and the first half of the last decade.

Just gotta roll with it. Or not. You mention Dave Mc. When he'd finally had enough of the mad corruption of QPR he decided he wasn't a supporter any more (and he was a big fan). Ultimately, that's all there is to do. I'm sticking with it.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:43 - Mar 15 with 9365 viewshertshoops

Employ a defensive set-piece coach

Bealeshitter employed an attacking set-piece coach - not sure if he's left the building
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:48 - Mar 15 with 9329 viewsPinnerPaul

"Getting this lot up and the same as last Saturday against Birmingham seems almost impossible now "

Its football, everyone entitled to their views but if this season has taught us anything it to expect the unexpected.

Read this board last Friday, nearly everyone, including me, thought getting any sort of result v Watford was 'impossible'

Also thought this debate was put to bed last week - if you don't like what the 'club' say after a defeat don't read. watch or listen to it!

Again its football - did Wilder go on and crucify his players on Saturday - no he didn't and those 'useless', 'overpaid' players who 'didn't want to play for him' won 3-0 last night.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:52 - Mar 15 with 9308 viewsNewYorkRanger

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:21 - Mar 15 by BrianMcCarthy

aye aye aye aye aye aye.....

Glory hunter, me

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:23 - Mar 15 with 9208 viewsBAWHoops

He only has what's in the building. He needs to get the 4-6 points that will likely keep us up and then it needs to be a scorched earth policy and the whole lot need to be put on the chopping block.
Pay up whatever contracts you can and go again.
Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Kakay, Amos, Johansen, Dozell, Drewe, Field, Chair, Willock.... all of them. Get them out the club. They all have their own success/failures with the club but the fact is we have been absolutely rotten with this group of players for over a year now. They aren't going to suddenly kick on and become a decent Championship team.

Basically it's what Warburton did after he came in and shifted absolutely everybody (including good players like Furlong) because there was so much rot within the group.

But before you do any of that you need to win on Saturday or else that 7 point gap starts to get even dicier

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:23 - Mar 15 with 9199 viewsHuckerMotM2

He's a 3rd rate manager and the cheapest of options taken by the club to placate a section of our fanbase who consider him a cult hero because of how he looks and acts off the pitch.

He'll be here until December at the latest and he'll be sacked.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:27 - Mar 15 with 9167 viewsTheChef

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:23 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

He's a 3rd rate manager and the cheapest of options taken by the club to placate a section of our fanbase who consider him a cult hero because of how he looks and acts off the pitch.

He'll be here until December at the latest and he'll be sacked.

So nice to have you back HuckerMotM2 - as usual, only here to wallow in all the negativity and slag off everything.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:29 - Mar 15 with 9154 viewsHuckerMotM2

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:27 - Mar 15 by TheChef

So nice to have you back HuckerMotM2 - as usual, only here to wallow in all the negativity and slag off everything.

Why pretend that all is well?

Even his biggest cheerleaders know, deep down, that he's the cheap option and more than likely out of his depth....
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:49 - Mar 15 with 9068 viewsWatfordR

Your post is pretty much the post I've been trying to get straight in my head all day to put on the forum. I also thought the reaction to Saturday's win was way over the top. Unusually for us, Watford were probably the right opponents at the right time. Rumours that their players weren't very happy being asked to contribute to their lunch costs at the training ground. But that over reaction was probably not unreasonable given the last few months. The last 12 months have been a shock to all our systems I suspect.

What's caused such a plummet in form? Warbs arguments? Beale stitch up? Critchley bore in? A combination of these? Or something more? GA referred in his post match interview last night to "all sorts going on at the club". Is there something going on that we don't know about? At the time, I put it down to a character flaw, but just why was Michael Beale looking for an out about 5 minutes after joining?

Remember that game away to Cov last season, battered but we somehow came away with three points, yet another of the numerous examples of a team that "found a way to win". How did we go from there to where we are now? On the face of it, I find it very hard to explain.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 9027 viewsBerkoRanger

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 14:43 - Mar 15 by hertshoops

Employ a defensive set-piece coach

Bealeshitter employed an attacking set-piece coach - not sure if he's left the building

Didn't one leave Palace recently.......
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:43 - Mar 15 with 8837 viewsPinnerPaul

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 15:23 - Mar 15 by BAWHoops

He only has what's in the building. He needs to get the 4-6 points that will likely keep us up and then it needs to be a scorched earth policy and the whole lot need to be put on the chopping block.
Pay up whatever contracts you can and go again.
Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Kakay, Amos, Johansen, Dozell, Drewe, Field, Chair, Willock.... all of them. Get them out the club. They all have their own success/failures with the club but the fact is we have been absolutely rotten with this group of players for over a year now. They aren't going to suddenly kick on and become a decent Championship team.

Basically it's what Warburton did after he came in and shifted absolutely everybody (including good players like Furlong) because there was so much rot within the group.

But before you do any of that you need to win on Saturday or else that 7 point gap starts to get even dicier

Dunne, Drew (3 games!!!!!) Field, Chair and Willock - really!
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:47 - Mar 15 with 8809 viewsPinnerPaul

2 things, Watford are so bad they 'only' won 3-0 last night and Blackpool also played (and lost) on Saturday, so why should they be any less 'tired' - physically or mentally than us.
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 8758 viewsMungoJezza

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:37 - Mar 15 by baz_qpr

I noticed that change in tactics as well - a reversion to the style adopted by the team earlier in the season under Beale. Might be partly to do with Dykes and then Martin going off and so not having a 'big man' to hit with long balls. Or could it be that they've had enough of Ainsworthball already?!!
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:59 - Mar 15 with 8735 viewsLoyalitat

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 13:21 - Mar 15 by BrianMcCarthy

aye, yay, yay,yay,yay,yay,yay, yay. Then I call.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 17:45]
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 17:48 - Mar 15 with 8515 viewsRangersw12

For a start he could drop Lowe who allowed Drewe to be thrown to the wolves last night
Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 18:09 - Mar 15 with 8409 viewsfrancisbowles

Where does Ainsworth go from here? on 16:55 - Mar 15 by MungoJezza

I noticed that change in tactics as well - a reversion to the style adopted by the team earlier in the season under Beale. Might be partly to do with Dykes and then Martin going off and so not having a 'big man' to hit with long balls. Or could it be that they've had enough of Ainsworthball already?!!

It's what DaveB said above and the lack of an experienced target man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024