Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan 18:12 - Aug 31 with 4871 viewsSaintsforeverj

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 18:21 - Aug 31 with 4214 viewsCity_boy

Sky reporting Maitland-Niles loan deal agreed.

Jack Stephens signed for Bournemouth (loan) . My day just gets better !!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 18:26]
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 19:44 - Aug 31 with 3983 views1teeminants

Gakpo has just scored a hat trick for PSV tonight but why is he even playing?

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 3848 viewsBerber

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 19:44 - Aug 31 by 1teeminants

Because he is employed by his current club to play football. I read somewhere that the Dutch t/f window closes tonight. I don’t know if that means they can’t sell tomorrow if so.
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:39 - Aug 31 with 3821 viewsCity_boy

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:32 - Aug 31 by Berber

Because he is employed by his current club to play football. I read somewhere that the Dutch t/f window closes tonight. I don’t know if that means they can’t sell tomorrow if so.

Correct. Deal will have to be done today
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 3758 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:39 - Aug 31 by City_boy

Correct. Deal will have to be done today

Incorrect.

Dutch clubs can still sell players tomorrow.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:58 - Aug 31 with 3741 viewsSaintsforeverj

My understanding from what I have read is that a fee is agreed but PSV need to decide whether to sell, based on whether they can get a replacement in before the window closes.

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:01 - Aug 31 with 3726 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 20:58 - Aug 31 by Saintsforeverj

My understanding from what I have read is that a fee is agreed but PSV need to decide whether to sell, based on whether they can get a replacement in before the window closes.

I thought they already had a replacement (?)…..

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:39 - Aug 31 with 3613 viewsButty101

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:01 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

I thought they already had a replacement (?)…..

Potentially we will have spent £75mill and recouped pretty much nothing. It’s great we have had the shackles released. What I would like to know, is have the new owners invested that money or is it more debt on the club

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:45 - Aug 31 with 3586 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:39 - Aug 31 by Butty101

Potentially we will have spent £75mill and recouped pretty much nothing. It’s great we have had the shackles released. What I would like to know, is have the new owners invested that money or is it more debt on the club

Good question.

Difficult to imagine we would be able to obtain more debt, given the £75 million debt we took on a couple of years ago under Gao.

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:49 - Aug 31 with 3557 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 21:39 - Aug 31 by Butty101

I guess the theory is, that when we eventually sell Bella K for 80 million, and the other young players, whose value will all increase, we will get the money back. I would assume the debt is with the club, but the club will make money on future transfers. The owner though has the capital to sustain the club in the meantime. Something like that I guess.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 21:49]

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 22:12 - Aug 31 with 3476 views1885_SFC

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 19:44 - Aug 31 by 1teeminants

Gakpo was subbed midway through the 2nd half and said after the game

"Whether this was my last match for PSV? I can't answer that. The moment of truth is now upon us. During these hours a decision has to be made," he said, speaking to ESPN after the game.

"Now we have to look closely at what is best for me. What is the chance that I will still play for PSV this weekend? That really depends on the next few hours. I can't answer that now."

Old School is Cool

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 22:18 - Aug 31 with 3454 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 22:12 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

Gakpo was subbed midway through the 2nd half and said after the game

"Whether this was my last match for PSV? I can't answer that. The moment of truth is now upon us. During these hours a decision has to be made," he said, speaking to ESPN after the game.

"Now we have to look closely at what is best for me. What is the chance that I will still play for PSV this weekend? That really depends on the next few hours. I can't answer that now."

This has all the hallmarks of a gazumping.

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 3390 views1885_SFC

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 22:18 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

This has all the hallmarks of a gazumping.

My thoughts too.

Old School is Cool

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 23:51 - Aug 31 with 3327 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 23:12 - Aug 31 by 1885_SFC

My thoughts too.

Leeds appear to be in pole position according to Fabrizio Romano.

Oh well, ho hum. I was far from convinced he was what we needed anyway.

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 01:32 - Sep 1 with 3249 viewsericofarabia

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 23:51 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

Leeds appear to be in pole position according to Fabrizio Romano.

Oh well, ho hum. I was far from convinced he was what we needed anyway.

There is an exec jet due into Leeds Airport at 0830 from Eindhoven. Too much of a coincidence surely?
Faint glimmer of hope to cling to .... also an exec jet due into Eastleigh Intl from Amsterdam at 0930.
Info from Flight Radar FR24 flight tracking website.
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 07:55 - Sep 1 with 2996 viewsPatfromPoole

Gapko just announced as staying at PSV.

On to the next striker option, then.

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 08:22 - Sep 1 with 2934 viewssaintwizzler

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 07:55 - Sep 1 by PatfromPoole

Gapko just announced as staying at PSV.

On to the next striker option, then.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bas-dost/profil/spieler/56331

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 09:06 - Sep 1 with 2856 viewsSonicBoom

I know there will be the usual suspects chucking mud at the club saying we had no chance and we only bid t be seen to be competing - but I think we did everything we could to land this guy.
PSV are under pressure to keep him from the fans and technically don't need to sell. You can't make them sell if they don't want to.
It's encouraging that we are now in the conversation for these type of signings. Who knows what today will bring.
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 09:12 - Sep 1 with 2831 viewsBerber

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 09:06 - Sep 1 by SonicBoom

I know there will be the usual suspects chucking mud at the club saying we had no chance and we only bid t be seen to be competing - but I think we did everything we could to land this guy.
PSV are under pressure to keep him from the fans and technically don't need to sell. You can't make them sell if they don't want to.
It's encouraging that we are now in the conversation for these type of signings. Who knows what today will bring.

Disappointment most likely.
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 09:14 - Sep 1 with 2823 viewsdirk_doone

"Eindhoven have decided against selling Cody Gakpo this summer. Dutch media say the 23-year-old striker was close to joining Leeds and was supposed to be on a flight to Leeds/Bradford this morning but didn't board."

At least it's better they kept him than him going to one of our rivals.

I still don't understand why we didn't get Kalajdžić though, when he's only going to be an understudy to Jiménez at Wolves. Was it because we were holding money back to buy Gakpo, who'd have cost much more and is more of a winger than a striker anyway?

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 2745 viewssaints__fan__73

No hope of ever getting Gakpo. He was far too expensive fro our frugal tastes.

The club just put in a low ball offer which was trumpeted by lapdog Blackmore.

Quincy Promes MkII.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 12:08 - Sep 1 with 2679 viewswashington_saint

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 10:47 - Sep 1 by saints__fan__73

No hope of ever getting Gakpo. He was far too expensive fro our frugal tastes.

The club just put in a low ball offer which was trumpeted by lapdog Blackmore.

Quincy Promes MkII.

What an utter numpty you are.

Which part of fee agreed, player wanted to come did you fail to understand? So PSV kept him - get over it.

This has been the best transfer window in years for Saints and the season is starting to look bright.

And maybe not getting Gakpo will give one of our talented youngsters a chance to shine (Ballard, Edwards, Doyle, Pearce).
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 2614 viewssaint22

Seems Leeds are on for Gakpo now??
Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 15:00 - Sep 1 with 2585 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 12:08 - Sep 1 by washington_saint

What an utter numpty you are.

Which part of fee agreed, player wanted to come did you fail to understand? So PSV kept him - get over it.

This has been the best transfer window in years for Saints and the season is starting to look bright.

And maybe not getting Gakpo will give one of our talented youngsters a chance to shine (Ballard, Edwards, Doyle, Pearce).

Where's the confirmation that a fee was agreed and he wanted to come?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 15:42 - Sep 1 with 2524 viewswashington_saint

Saints agree huge fee for Gakpo / Niles on loan on 15:00 - Sep 1 by saints__fan__73

Where's the confirmation that a fee was agreed and he wanted to come?

Adam Blackmore
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024