Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Already voted 00:58 - Apr 27 with 33210 viewsHollowayRanger

1 vote to ukip

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Already voted on 08:29 - May 7 with 2008 viewsTheBlob

I notice all the relevant political parties have pledged to keep R's in Hammersmith.Very confusing.You'll see that those bastards in Plaid Cymru have ducked the question so they can get stuffed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Already voted on 08:33 - May 7 with 2007 viewsMytch_QPR

Already voted on 08:14 - May 7 by HantsR

What a pity - I'd like to think I would be at one with any R fan - but the UKIP support shown on these pages is depressing and wish it took place outside a football forum.

With you on that, Hants. Depressing, too, that all the UKIP voters argue their point based on fear, rather than hope and inclusion.

The other main issue is that there is very little to separate the 3 main parties who are trying to occupy the fabled 'middle ground' - they're frightened to have any policies which are a bit radical in case they isolate some potential voters. We've heard so much talk about the economy, NHS and jobs - very little about the environment and transport as far as I can tell.

As you say, all a bit depressing.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Already voted on 08:39 - May 7 with 2000 viewsTheBlob

Already voted on 08:33 - May 7 by Mytch_QPR

With you on that, Hants. Depressing, too, that all the UKIP voters argue their point based on fear, rather than hope and inclusion.

The other main issue is that there is very little to separate the 3 main parties who are trying to occupy the fabled 'middle ground' - they're frightened to have any policies which are a bit radical in case they isolate some potential voters. We've heard so much talk about the economy, NHS and jobs - very little about the environment and transport as far as I can tell.

"Hope"

That's another word that doesn't quite make sense.

Even when not applied to Queen's Park Rangers.

Already voted on 08:45 - May 7 with 1975 viewsElHoop

Already voted on 08:33 - May 7 by Mytch_QPR

This type of nonsense is precisely why i am going to vote for UKIP.

So why don't you boycott Australian goods and anything Australian if they are so 'exclusive' that they bother to have immigration controls? Or American goods? They have immigration controls too.

Why do you just have to dismiss UKIP voters and leave great chunks of the rest of the world free to do the same thing? It's depressing, I agree, but it's you that is depressing.
Already voted on 08:55 - May 7 with 1944 viewsTheBlob

Yes it's often depressing when people don't think and act as one does.

Already voted on 08:58 - May 7 with 1937 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Already voted on 08:45 - May 7 by ElHoop

So why don't you boycott Australian goods and anything Australian if they are so 'exclusive' that they bother to have immigration controls? Or American goods? They have immigration controls too.

Why do you just have to dismiss UKIP voters and leave great chunks of the rest of the world free to do the same thing? It's depressing, I agree, but it's you that is depressing.

"This type of nonsense is precisely why i am going to vote for UKIP."

I can't understand this, El, to be honest. And it's not the first time I've heard it.

I couldn't cast my vote based on what others think. It's too precious to be a reaction to anything, a protest to anything.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Already voted on 09:02 - May 7 with 1926 viewsTheBlob

Already voted on 08:58 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't understand this, El, to be honest. And it's not the first time I've heard it.

I couldn't cast my vote based on what others think. It's too precious to be a reaction to anything, a protest to anything.

Brian,all votes are as a protest/reaction to something,t'was always thus.

Already voted on 09:05 - May 7 with 1908 viewsElHoop

Already voted on 08:58 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'll cast my vote on whatever basis I choose Brian. In this election, there's nothing else that I can see on which to base my vote. It's a protest against the mainstream parties and media, who between them have done nothing to get this issue addressed in a proper civilised manner, and have just swept it under the carpet.

If the Euro goes tits up and we get millions more people wanting to come here, we'll send them all over to your place Brian and you can do them a B & B.
Login to get fewer ads

Already voted on 09:06 - May 7 with 1906 viewsMytch_QPR

Sorry to have depressed you, ElHoop.

Do you actively support UKIP's policies, or is it just a protest vote?
It strikes me that you could make a protest vote by not voting, or are you really saying that you believe Nigel Farage could form a government with a few Tory defectors, and that you'd like to see him as PM?

I'm not trying to pick an argument, just trying to understand the attraction of UKIP.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Already voted on 09:09 - May 7 with 1898 viewsElHoop

Already voted on 09:06 - May 7 by Mytch_QPR

Sorry to have depressed you, ElHoop.

Do you actively support UKIP's policies, or is it just a protest vote?
It strikes me that you could make a protest vote by not voting, or are you really saying that you believe Nigel Farage could form a government with a few Tory defectors, and that you'd like to see him as PM?

I'm not trying to pick an argument, just trying to understand the attraction of UKIP.

Instead of asking all of the questions, why don't you answer some for a change?
Already voted on 09:20 - May 7 with 1873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Already voted on 09:05 - May 7 by ElHoop

I'll cast my vote on whatever basis I choose Brian. In this election, there's nothing else that I can see on which to base my vote. It's a protest against the mainstream parties and media, who between them have done nothing to get this issue addressed in a proper civilised manner, and have just swept it under the carpet.

If the Euro goes tits up and we get millions more people wanting to come here, we'll send them all over to your place Brian and you can do them a B & B.

I'm hardly denying that you can vote on whatever basis you choose, El. I just said that I can't understand it. Either you think UKIP will get it sorted, in which case it's not a protest vote at all, or you don't think they'll get it sorted, in which case you're voting for a party who won't get it sorted for a reason that I can't understand.

By the way, 'my place' could also be Harrow. I'm a dual citizen. You could send all of 'them' there but that wouldn't sort your immigration problem.

Anyway, I'm not looking for a fight and I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind. My only point is that I don't understand the 'protest' issue at all. And that's ok, too.

Already voted on 09:24 - May 7 with 1855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Already voted on 09:02 - May 7 by TheBlob

Brian,all votes are as a protest/reaction to something,t'was always thus.

I disagree, Blob. My votes have never been a protest or a reaction to anything external or to anyone else's thinking. They've been based on my opinions and beliefs. I regret a few of them, but they're mine for better or for worse, in sickness and in health and all that.

Already voted on 09:28 - May 7 with 1836 viewsElHoop

Already voted on 09:20 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm hardly denying that you can vote on whatever basis you choose, El. I just said that I can't understand it. Either you think UKIP will get it sorted, in which case it's not a protest vote at all, or you don't think they'll get it sorted, in which case you're voting for a party who won't get it sorted for a reason that I can't understand.

By the way, 'my place' could also be Harrow. I'm a dual citizen. You could send all of 'them' there but that wouldn't sort your immigration problem.

Anyway, I'm not looking for a fight and I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind. My only point is that I don't understand the 'protest' issue at all. And that's ok, too.

OK Brian, I'm not really cross with you at all, it's more about the snooty sort of attitude held by some people towards UKIP, whose basic policy on immigration is simply in line with most sensible democratic parts of the world, outside of Europe. Whether or not they can or will ever get the job done is irrelevant. If other parties can't see the point or worse still can see it but won't admit to it, then they are simply unfit to receive my vote. So UKIP get the vote by default really.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 9:29]
Already voted on 09:35 - May 7 with 1819 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Already voted on 09:28 - May 7 by ElHoop

OK Brian, I'm not really cross with you at all, it's more about the snooty sort of attitude held by some people towards UKIP, whose basic policy on immigration is simply in line with most sensible democratic parts of the world, outside of Europe. Whether or not they can or will ever get the job done is irrelevant. If other parties can't see the point or worse still can see it but won't admit to it, then they are simply unfit to receive my vote. So UKIP get the vote by default really.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 9:29]

Fair enough, El. Thanks for explaining.

Already voted on 09:37 - May 7 with 1808 viewsjohncharles

Britain has immigration controls.
I'm boycotting Britain.

Strong and stable my arse.

Already voted on 09:49 - May 7 with 1780 viewsElHoop

Already voted on 09:35 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, El. Thanks for explaining.

I can't trust the other parties when they are so unwilling to take on this issue in an honest way. If they are that dishonest then they can't be trusted with what they say about anything at all. It's a really poor election fought by a dire bunch of politicians, and I would include UKIP in that statement. I don't think that they've made a particularly good job of stating their case, but at least they've tried.
Already voted on 10:05 - May 7 with 1756 viewsBlue_Castello

We don't have proportional representation in the UK and until that time if it ever occurs a protest vote will just disappear into the ether, but at least you havnt voted for all the other parties you obviously hate.

Beware the SNP they are about to get approximately 50 seats in Scotland and they will then have a major influence in Westminster. Several newspaper articles have previously highlighted that the Scottish parliament has already greater funding for their population count than in England, ie each person is allocated more per head.
When they get into Westminster they will do everything in their power to channel more funds north of the border without giving the economy a second glance. Milliband promises he wont get into bed with Sturgeon ( ooh err misses, that's not libel just political ) BUT you can bet if he needs the votes those goalposts will dramatically move.

Who do you believe to have the faith to balance the economy for the next 5 years, whose going to keep their promises, lots of questions but don't just vote as a protest, vote for a candidate you actually think might get elected.

Well that's my short version for the day, Im off to do some work bugger, tomorrow its all over and we can carry on worrying about FFP and whether Ramsey is up to the job or will he be out of his depth.
Already voted on 10:15 - May 7 with 1733 viewsTheBlob

I think I may vote according to the universal Newtonian axiom that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

And I like purple.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024