Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Already voted 00:58 - Apr 27 with 33209 viewsHollowayRanger

1 vote to ukip

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Already voted on 13:26 - Apr 30 with 2492 viewsTHEBUSH

Already voted on 08:43 - Apr 30 by TheBlob

And when all the nice new houses are full up what then?

Deport the Non-Doms to their foreign mansions, then let the immigrants live in their Palaces, easy peasy
Already voted on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 2458 viewsTheBlob

Already voted on 13:26 - Apr 30 by THEBUSH

Deport the Non-Doms to their foreign mansions, then let the immigrants live in their Palaces, easy peasy

Well in that case i'm changing my name to Dom.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Already voted on 14:33 - Apr 30 with 2431 viewsSimonJames

Already voted on 09:10 - Apr 30 by easthertsr

Have recently left teaching after a long time. Am totally fed up by OFSTED continually demonizing teachers. Began when Chris Woodhead took over and has carried on ever since. Also the amount of time you are expected to spend stuck in front of a computer filling in stuff that nobody ever looks at is mind numbing. Holidays are great but the pay for a 50/60 hour week is atrocious. Teachers are leaving in droves because they have had enough. However to blame it all on immigration is way too simplistic, a properly resourced,managed education system where the professionalism of teachers is recognised and they were left to get on with the job would help matters no end.

My missus resigned as a head teacher after 8 years (25 years as a teacher) due to lack of funds to run her school, increasing pressures of complying with Ofsted (... with no funds) and no support from the county council.

Much happier as a 4-days-a-week classroom teacher now, but still has to work her entire day off, just to keep on top of everything.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Already voted on 15:43 - Apr 30 with 2394 viewsDorse

Already voted on 14:33 - Apr 30 by SimonJames

My missus resigned as a head teacher after 8 years (25 years as a teacher) due to lack of funds to run her school, increasing pressures of complying with Ofsted (... with no funds) and no support from the county council.

Much happier as a 4-days-a-week classroom teacher now, but still has to work her entire day off, just to keep on top of everything.

I'm getting out as soon as I can. I'm a head of faculty with a staff of 4 teaching 1600 kids. No support from the head-shed. Consumer approach from the parents. Constant pressure to hit ever changing targets that become meaningless when the emphasis changes after 6 months.

Just to do the barest minimum, I am expected to do 30 hours plus simply marking books. That number is based on 5 mins per book, every two weeks. As a punter, wouldn't you expect a bit more than 5 mins a fortnight? Course you would and that's why it takes us in dept a heck of lot more time than that. We're an essay based subject that relies on specific use of arguments, reflection, synthetic skill sets, analysis and definitive, supported conclusions. You cannot simply tick and flick - they need individualised responses that guide them towards an improved, personalised outcome. I put this to the Head Shed and they didn't dispute my figures. Just shrugged and said that's the way it is. Cheers boys. The latest idea is to outsource marking! ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32513932) Halle-facking-lujah. So, someone who hasn't got the first facking clue about little Johnny / Jenny will personalise the response? Or will they just write '17/24 C/B borderline. Target B'? Winds me up.

Those 30 hours (yeah, right) is before I prepare, resource, differentiate lessons for one of seven different year groups, support my tutor group, deal with departmental issues, exam scripts, moderation, support either of the two NQTs I mentor, write a resourced and researched scheme of work for the exam board that has changed its specification and examination rubric (the last one is over 20,000 words. A university dissertation is usually only 10,000), coach students, deal with behavioural issues for the dept, statistics, tracking performance, performance management reviews, lesson observations, Leadership call-out duty, planning visits, heads meetings, governors meetings etc etc etc etc. Oh, and then I might teach some kids on my full timetable.

I've been diagnosed as clinically depressed with severe anxiety and am classified as high suicide risk. And I support QPR. Oy vey.

I've applied for the job of Test Pilot for Durex and am waiting to hear back from their Head of Penile Wrapping Solutions, Ray Jinghorn.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 15:50]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Already voted on 16:06 - Apr 30 with 2361 viewsbloberts

I appreciate everyone has a right to free speech, but anyone who votes UKIP either don't understand what they're voting for, or are just blithering idiots. UKIP's sole policy is to take the UK out of the EU, and that will be the biggest damage to British business since the second world war (Not even exaggerating).
How do you think our economy will do when it becomes extremely difficult to trade with the one place that buys more of our goods/services then anywhere else in the world (Over 50%)? Not only will it be harder to sell, but imports will increase greatly in price due to tariffs and other red tapes. The NHS will collapse due to the lack of immigrants coming into the UK, considering how many of them have jobs in our hospitals etc.
They're a racist party with a complete berk as their leader. I realise all the party leaders are idiots, but for God sake don't vote UKIP

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Already voted on 16:13 - Apr 30 with 2331 viewsJuzzie

Already voted on 16:06 - Apr 30 by bloberts

I appreciate everyone has a right to free speech, but anyone who votes UKIP either don't understand what they're voting for, or are just blithering idiots. UKIP's sole policy is to take the UK out of the EU, and that will be the biggest damage to British business since the second world war (Not even exaggerating).
How do you think our economy will do when it becomes extremely difficult to trade with the one place that buys more of our goods/services then anywhere else in the world (Over 50%)? Not only will it be harder to sell, but imports will increase greatly in price due to tariffs and other red tapes. The NHS will collapse due to the lack of immigrants coming into the UK, considering how many of them have jobs in our hospitals etc.
They're a racist party with a complete berk as their leader. I realise all the party leaders are idiots, but for God sake don't vote UKIP

I'm not voting UKIP but;

a) can't we still trade with other EU countries?

b) "The NHS will collapse due to the lack of immigrants coming into the UK, considering how many of them have jobs in our hospitals etc." - I doubt migration would be stopped completely, just regulated. Besides, if they are then there are jobs for the 2m unemployed to do. Don't want to take the job?... then you don't get your dole money. Even if it means mopping halways, it's better than sitting on a doorstep out of your head on your 10th can of Carlsberg Export, at 11am.
Already voted on 16:20 - Apr 30 with 2322 viewsSimonJames

Already voted on 15:43 - Apr 30 by Dorse

I'm getting out as soon as I can. I'm a head of faculty with a staff of 4 teaching 1600 kids. No support from the head-shed. Consumer approach from the parents. Constant pressure to hit ever changing targets that become meaningless when the emphasis changes after 6 months.

Just to do the barest minimum, I am expected to do 30 hours plus simply marking books. That number is based on 5 mins per book, every two weeks. As a punter, wouldn't you expect a bit more than 5 mins a fortnight? Course you would and that's why it takes us in dept a heck of lot more time than that. We're an essay based subject that relies on specific use of arguments, reflection, synthetic skill sets, analysis and definitive, supported conclusions. You cannot simply tick and flick - they need individualised responses that guide them towards an improved, personalised outcome. I put this to the Head Shed and they didn't dispute my figures. Just shrugged and said that's the way it is. Cheers boys. The latest idea is to outsource marking! ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-32513932) Halle-facking-lujah. So, someone who hasn't got the first facking clue about little Johnny / Jenny will personalise the response? Or will they just write '17/24 C/B borderline. Target B'? Winds me up.

Those 30 hours (yeah, right) is before I prepare, resource, differentiate lessons for one of seven different year groups, support my tutor group, deal with departmental issues, exam scripts, moderation, support either of the two NQTs I mentor, write a resourced and researched scheme of work for the exam board that has changed its specification and examination rubric (the last one is over 20,000 words. A university dissertation is usually only 10,000), coach students, deal with behavioural issues for the dept, statistics, tracking performance, performance management reviews, lesson observations, Leadership call-out duty, planning visits, heads meetings, governors meetings etc etc etc etc. Oh, and then I might teach some kids on my full timetable.

I've been diagnosed as clinically depressed with severe anxiety and am classified as high suicide risk. And I support QPR. Oy vey.

I've applied for the job of Test Pilot for Durex and am waiting to hear back from their Head of Penile Wrapping Solutions, Ray Jinghorn.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 15:50]

Your clinical depression is not entirely due to supporting QPR. When my father (a doctor) visited us a month after the missus resigned, he spotted that she was clinically depressed.
A daily dose of Citalopram has done wonders for her mood and motivation.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Already voted on 16:38 - Apr 30 with 2292 viewsbloberts

Already voted on 16:13 - Apr 30 by Juzzie

I'm not voting UKIP but;

a) can't we still trade with other EU countries?

b) "The NHS will collapse due to the lack of immigrants coming into the UK, considering how many of them have jobs in our hospitals etc." - I doubt migration would be stopped completely, just regulated. Besides, if they are then there are jobs for the 2m unemployed to do. Don't want to take the job?... then you don't get your dole money. Even if it means mopping halways, it's better than sitting on a doorstep out of your head on your 10th can of Carlsberg Export, at 11am.

Of course we can still trade with them, but it will be so much more difficult then it is now, and considering how much we rely on EU trade that will be very problematic and costly.
And yes of course there will be more jobs for Brits, however we clearly do not have the same skills and expertise that the migrants have, otherwise we would already have the jobs? We need to invest in grants and education to ensure we get highly skilled British doctors and nurses. In any case, it seems a tad unfair to allow the doctors to stay and not allow those in lower skilled jobs to stay no?

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Already voted on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 2257 viewsJuzzie

Already voted on 16:38 - Apr 30 by bloberts

Of course we can still trade with them, but it will be so much more difficult then it is now, and considering how much we rely on EU trade that will be very problematic and costly.
And yes of course there will be more jobs for Brits, however we clearly do not have the same skills and expertise that the migrants have, otherwise we would already have the jobs? We need to invest in grants and education to ensure we get highly skilled British doctors and nurses. In any case, it seems a tad unfair to allow the doctors to stay and not allow those in lower skilled jobs to stay no?

"however we clearly do not have the same skills and expertise that the migrants have, otherwise we would already have the jobs?" - that's the governments/systems fault for choosing cheap foreign labour over educating people here coupled with people's apathy towards working, probably due to the former. It can be redeemed by satrting again but that'll cost huge amounts and probably take a decade. Far easier to take cheap labour from abroad and pay dole money to the people here rather then educate them.

As for the lower skilled jobs, I think indigenous people should get the chance to do them first, give people out of work the first opportunity. If they don't want it, they don't get dole money and the work goes to someone who does want to do it.
I remember seeing a report on TV and some bloke in a Scottish highlands coastal town (fishing industry mainly) moaning "all them foreigners taking our jobs" then when asked, he admitted the locals didn't want to do the jobs available.

As a kid our family used to go summer camping regularly on a farm in Yorkshire in the 70's and Geoff (RIP), the owner, was very much against the EEC (now EU). He said the farmers and industry of this country can support itself. He was a hard working, honourable and decent man and I believe him. Our farming & industry has been torn apart by sourcing cheaper goods from abroad and huge EEC restrictions on what farmers can output..... so much for a free economy when you aren't even allowed to produce as much as your farm can provide. When we were there, the farm had everything, wheat & corn fields, potato and other root vegetable fields, cows, pigs, sheep, the lot. By the late 80's/early 90's, the farm was down to two rows of carrots and a manky old chicken, all down to EEC restrictions.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 17:28]
Already voted on 17:46 - Apr 30 with 2198 viewsDorse

Already voted on 16:20 - Apr 30 by SimonJames

Your clinical depression is not entirely due to supporting QPR. When my father (a doctor) visited us a month after the missus resigned, he spotted that she was clinically depressed.
A daily dose of Citalopram has done wonders for her mood and motivation.

If you can take it with Peroni then I'm in.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Already voted on 18:27 - Apr 30 with 2146 viewsFDC

Already voted on 17:46 - Apr 30 by Dorse

Really awful to hear how impossible teaching jobs have become. The posts on here from teachers reminded me of this talk from Mark Fisher where he spoke about the modern day manifestation of capitalism as neoliberal bureaucracy

https://archive.org/details/CapitalistRealismIsThereNoAlternativeWithMarkFisher
Already voted on 20:33 - Apr 30 with 2085 viewsizlingtonhoop

Already voted on 17:46 - Apr 30 by Dorse

It's paying so much for what is basically alcoholic mineral water that is adding to your depression.
Already voted on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 2085 viewsHollowayRanger

too late!

1 in 10 might vote for them that's a lot of idiots!!!!! or a lot of people fed up with the way things are going

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Already voted on 20:41 - Apr 30 with 2078 viewsizlingtonhoop

Already voted on 20:34 - Apr 30 by HollowayRanger

too late!

1 in 10 might vote for them that's a lot of idiots!!!!! or a lot of people fed up with the way things are going

"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can’t trust people Jez."

– Super Hans
Already voted on 20:56 - Apr 30 with 2058 viewskensalriser

Half the population are of below average intelligence, that's a lot of stupid voters.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Already voted on 21:23 - Apr 30 with 2037 viewsBlackCrowe

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Already voted on 21:33 - Apr 30 with 2024 viewseasthertsr

UKIP voters ,please it's just plain embarrassing , Farage has allegedly fiddled his expenses just like MP's, he describes people as fully black or half black, he's the sad bloke propping up the saloon bar when you go in on a Sunday lunchtime.'I'm not a racist but' is his mantra, do you think he honestly gives a flying f*ck about the inner cities or class sizes in east London?His job was a stockbroker, does he really care about the poor of our country who exist on food banks?Or is he more concerned on creating a nice political career ?
Already voted on 21:35 - Apr 30 with 2021 viewspaulparker

You would be more of a blithering idiot to vote labour in again , especially after the last fcuk up they made of running the country

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Already voted on 21:40 - Apr 30 with 2013 viewsizlingtonhoop

Already voted on 21:35 - Apr 30 by paulparker

You would be more of a blithering idiot to vote labour in again , especially after the last fcuk up they made of running the country

Did they?

The crash was American bankers. The war, yes, now looks completely wrong, but other than that, explain.
Already voted on 22:16 - Apr 30 with 1974 viewspaulparker

Already voted on 21:40 - Apr 30 by izlingtonhoop

Did they?

The crash was American bankers. The war, yes, now looks completely wrong, but other than that, explain.

you seriously think brown & Blair didn't ???

Immergration on a mass scale
Phoney war , i wonder what happened to those weapons of mass destruction
Bankrupting our country
Selling our gold reserves for fcuk all
Branding those against them racists
Huge spending on social services which provided fcuk all to those who needed it
Creating a benefit culture
Overseeing the crumbling NHS and doing nothing to eradicate the problem
Increased taxes
Cash for honours
Peter madelsesons dodgy mortgages
Those are just off the top of my head, but I do find it funny how the likes of straw,Blair , milliband are now admitting to there mistakes on immergration, the welfare system, the country's financial collapse, it's a bit like our tone in saying that they have learnt by there mistakes but you know deep down they haven't

A vote for milliband & cronies would just about finish this country off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Already voted on 22:23 - Apr 30 with 1958 viewsganjR

I'm voting Green. You lot can vote for who ya like, I can't change your opinions by cussing them, not sure why anybody thinks they can.....
As far as how I see it going:
Either Tories & UKIP or Labour & SNP with Lib Dems joining to push either duo across the line.
Think Ed Milliband has been even more of a prat than usual by ruling out a coalition with the SNP as they'll win in Scotland and he'll have to backtrack (lie...a politician? Never) and try make a deal with them to have any chance of getting power.
I think UKIP will surprise a lot of people with the high number of voted they get. Greens will get their best ever numbers, but will still be in 5th place, not far from the Lib Dems though, who will flop badly IMO.
As a side note, we know that when Cameron goes, Boris will be his replacement (whenever that happens). How about Labour or Lib Dems? Who would be their new leaders?
I have to say, as a Green supporter, they missed a trick big time by not having Caroline Lucas as top lady, she would've put them above Lib Dems, Natalie Bennett strikes me as the type who had a strop to get her way and be in charge.
Already voted on 22:29 - Apr 30 with 1947 viewsbatmanhoop

Already voted on 21:33 - Apr 30 by easthertsr

UKIP voters ,please it's just plain embarrassing , Farage has allegedly fiddled his expenses just like MP's, he describes people as fully black or half black, he's the sad bloke propping up the saloon bar when you go in on a Sunday lunchtime.'I'm not a racist but' is his mantra, do you think he honestly gives a flying f*ck about the inner cities or class sizes in east London?His job was a stockbroker, does he really care about the poor of our country who exist on food banks?Or is he more concerned on creating a nice political career ?

Creating a political career? Unlike Cameron, Clegg and Milliband who have done nothing except be in politics
Already voted on 22:37 - Apr 30 with 1927 viewsTheBlob

Already voted on 21:40 - Apr 30 by izlingtonhoop

Did they?

Islington eh?You're not one of those residents who live in a £2m+ house and have Labour stickers in the window?

Had to ask.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Already voted on 22:46 - Apr 30 with 1911 viewsizlingtonhoop

Already voted on 22:37 - Apr 30 by TheBlob

Islington eh?You're not one of those residents who live in a £2m+ house and have Labour stickers in the window?

Had to ask.

I'm not. My house is worth roughly 3 times what we paid for it, and 10 times our mortgage. Hardly our fault just happened. And yes I still believe in what the Labour party historically stands for.
And, get this, (not you specifically Blob) I don't give a flying one about immergration (sic).
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 22:48]
Already voted on 23:00 - Apr 30 with 1885 viewseasthertsr

Already voted on 22:29 - Apr 30 by batmanhoop

Creating a political career? Unlike Cameron, Clegg and Milliband who have done nothing except be in politics

Exactly, he is the same as the rest of them, My point is made!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024