Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Already voted 00:58 - Apr 27 with 33205 viewsHollowayRanger

1 vote to ukip

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Already voted on 17:00 - Apr 28 with 2084 viewsderbyhoop

My son went to a hustings meeting where the 2 Derby labour MPs, 1 Lib Dem, 1 UKIP AND 1 Green were the guests. Margaret Beckett made the point that the majority of immigrants are well educated and 20-40. We haven't paid a penny towards their education or child care and, because they are working, they are paying taxes and not claiming benefits. And, Because EU Freedom of Movement works both ways, there are about 2m UK citizens living in the EU, the vast majority of whom are elderly and not working, so will represent a significant cost to their countries of residence, mainly Spain and France.

Becketst comments were loudly cheered.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Already voted on 17:09 - Apr 28 with 2064 viewsSimonJames

Luckily in Uttlesford we have a new option "Residents for Uttlesford" ( http://www.residents4u.org/).

Taking back local government for local people...
And when they win control of the district council from the Tories and Glib Dums, then they will make Sir Alan Haselhurst MP their bitch.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Already voted on 17:19 - Apr 28 with 2028 viewsstevec

Already voted on 17:00 - Apr 28 by derbyhoop

My son went to a hustings meeting where the 2 Derby labour MPs, 1 Lib Dem, 1 UKIP AND 1 Green were the guests. Margaret Beckett made the point that the majority of immigrants are well educated and 20-40. We haven't paid a penny towards their education or child care and, because they are working, they are paying taxes and not claiming benefits. And, Because EU Freedom of Movement works both ways, there are about 2m UK citizens living in the EU, the vast majority of whom are elderly and not working, so will represent a significant cost to their countries of residence, mainly Spain and France.

Last time I looked there were 2 million unemployed British citizens, just in case anyone had forgotten.

And apparently, due to demand outstripping supply (look that one up and try to understand the relationship between population and housing prices) no one under 30 can afford a place of their own.

And as most of the elderly living in the EU are cash rich and get their pension income from the UK so do not actually represent a significant cost, if any cost, to their EU countries of residence.

And meanwhile Beckett gets a lovely round of applause.

This is where Steve raises the drawbridge and says 'good fckin luck then'
Already voted on 20:07 - Apr 28 with 1917 viewsHollowayRanger

Already voted on 09:02 - Apr 28 by RBlock

All I can hope for is that this xenophobic UKIP bollocks is just a flash in the pan.

The vast majority of UKIP voters are 40+, compared to the younger generations who have grown up in this multicultural society and rank immigration pretty towards the bottom end in terms of importance.

im half irish

just common sense

where are all those 100,000 's x of people supposed to live when we don't have enough places to live already?

don't have enough school places

don't have enough jobs

don't have enough hospital beds

don't have enough money to run the country

1 in four children born here is born to a foreign born mother already

when do you think will we be full up? id say we already are!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 20:13]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Already voted on 20:12 - Apr 28 with 1907 viewsMark1

Where's that constituency up north where the BNP members on the Council went over to Labour ???

Why isn't Miliband getting asked questions about racists in his Party ??
Already voted on 20:49 - Apr 28 with 1886 viewskensalriser

Already voted on 01:05 - Apr 28 by SpiritofGregory

Ok here's an example on how we are restricted by the EU(Germany).

According to the EU there is free movement of trade therefore goods moving between EU countries incur minimum tariffs. This rule does not extend to goods to and from a member state and a non EU country. The tariffs imposed are high which then puts more restrictions on the possibility of trade between us and a non EU country. We have a history of exporting around the world and could do much more business with in particular countries in the Commonwealth. The EU have tried to strike up trade deals between the EU and counties such as Canada, China and the US. This would lead to EU countries having lower import/export tariffs however we'd have to act within the constraints of the agreement which we may not have totally agreed with but were out voted on.

We want to trade with the EU from outside the union and have our own trade agreements with non EU nations free from EU interference. I've noticed that it's the German's who do most of the threatening eg our economy will suffer, we'll be ignored.. Like I've pointed out before the likes of BMW are not going to stop trading in the UK because we have left the EU. I believe that it's the EU who'll miss us more, a debt riddled Union can't afford to lose one of the richer nations, they'll miss those membership fees. They even tried to impose a transaction tax knowing very well that the City of London conducts a huge amount of transactions which would mean a huge windfall for the European Commision.

That looks more like partisan rhetoric to me. What's the source?

I'm more interested in impartial commentary or better still, actual legislation and/or trade agreements.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Already voted on 21:28 - Apr 28 with 1853 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Tell you what, I only came here for a bit of QPR banter, but I ain't half getting a lesson in politics and religion and just about anything else.

What a site! Thank you gentlemen and ladies.
Already voted on 22:44 - Apr 28 with 1811 viewsAgedR

Typical from those rabid left week rags, Cityam and the Telegraph

http://www.cityam.com/1413900278/uk-vs-europe-migration-map%3A-why-immigration-i

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10822956/EU-elections-2014-I

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Already voted on 07:54 - Apr 29 with 1755 viewsandygg

My vote is going to UKIP.
Voting LabConLibs is a wasted vote IMHO.
Already voted on 09:09 - Apr 29 with 1727 viewsdoogi55

ukip 2 polices leave eu end immigration same as the bnp .
ukip we know what you are
ukip we know what you are
Already voted on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1711 viewsDiscodroids

never has such a devastating cope de grace been delivered with such aplomb to the solar plexus of political debate on the information superhighway.

has andrew niel got your number mate?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Already voted on 09:34 - Apr 29 with 1698 viewsDorse

Already voted on 20:07 - Apr 28 by HollowayRanger

im half irish

just common sense

where are all those 100,000 's x of people supposed to live when we don't have enough places to live already?

don't have enough school places

don't have enough jobs

don't have enough hospital beds

don't have enough money to run the country

1 in four children born here is born to a foreign born mother already

when do you think will we be full up? id say we already are!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2015 20:13]

1 in four children born here are born to a foreign born mother? My God, we must find this woman and stop her!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Already voted on 09:39 - Apr 29 with 1690 viewsWestminsteRs

Already voted on 17:55 - Apr 27 by Northernr

The thing about UKIP in this campaign is they actually had a lot of momentum a month or two back after the defections and by-election results and they seem to have lost a lot of that for me. I might be wrong, but I think they've missed a trick, and potentially a game-changing opportunity.
We know what they stand for on immigration and the EU, that's their big selling point and their MO basically, that's what got them where they've got to. But essentially they've already accrued all the support they're going to for those policies. If you're going to vote for UKIp because of their immigration and EU policy I suspect you've known that for several months or years now.
What they haven't done is really stood for anything else. Where are they on education? Welfare? Health? Their policies on the other stuff just haven't cut through, and because even they themselves admit their manifesto last time was a work of complete nonsense, it breeds the suspicion that they don't really know which in turn makes them a good vote in a by election or an EU election which are notorious as opportunities to give the party in power a kicking, but doesn't cut through in a general election. Have you ever heard anybody say "I'm voting for UKIP because of their policy on the NHS?" for example?

Like I say, just looks like a big opportunity missed potentially.

Interesting POV but it seems that they have decided to focus everything on immigration and the EU to firm up the support they've accrued on those issues. What do they think about new housing? Well, they want to preserve the countryside but also think that if immigration was lower there'd be less need for new homes. Ask about benefits and they'll give you an answer about the need to stop EU citizens claiming benefits for "their children in the baltic countries". I tend to agree with your view but the thinking presumably was that they'd be unlikely to compete with the others on mainstream issues and to continually focus on their core.
Already voted on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 1680 viewsDiscodroids

Already voted on 09:34 - Apr 29 by Dorse

1 in four children born here are born to a foreign born mother? My God, we must find this woman and stop her!

sounds like the queen in 'alien'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Already voted on 09:50 - Apr 29 with 1680 viewspaulparker

We may not have paid anything to there education Derby but what Beckett hasn't been pulled up on is the fact we will be paying towards there children's education, towards the already crumbling NHS , & supporting there child benefits, towards re housing
the system cannot cope now never mind in the next 10,15,20 years

as for people who retire abroad , my old girl lives in spain, pays Spanish taxes, contributes towards there economy , so they will have had more than enough from & than she will have got from them before her toes curl up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Already voted on 09:57 - Apr 29 with 1677 viewsWestminsteRs

Already voted on 09:44 - Apr 28 by stevec

Because the majority of over 40's have got kids.
Because the majority of over 40's were able to afford their own house.
Because the majority of over 40's know their kids won't be able to afford their own house (or the rent).

If you think, at this Century's level of immigration, house building will ever catch up with the numbers then you are living in a dream world.

The great thing about being young is your on your own and don't at that point have to worry about all this. When you start your own family, reality kicks in.

I wish those who shout 'raaccisst' at every opportunity could actually take a moment, give the grey matter a chance to develop, and realise supporting UKIP's stance is not about black or white, latvian or liverpudlian, it's simply about numbers.

The truth is, us oldies don't need to give a f*ck. Our lives are pretty much set till we kick the bucket, no politician is going to have much influence on my life at 55 years old.
However, if you're in your teens, 20's and 30's you are the ones who are going to be facing these issues for the rest of your lives. You can stick with the 'round of applause' politics but you'd better get used to a very different future to the one my generation were, by and large, fortunate enough to have had.

"Because the majority of over 40's have got kids.
Because the majority of over 40's were able to afford their own house.
Because the majority of over 40's know their kids won't be able to afford their own house (or the rent)."

Immigration is a very minor cause of the housing problems in this country. Until planning rules were changed in the late 80s we consistently built enough homes and house prices were relatively stable in the long-term. House building fell off a cliff thereafter. There's a multitude of things that would help reverse this but one of the biggest is Green Belt - covers 13% of England. Poss biggest cause of high house prices. Actual Green Belt is not very "green" and much of it has very little aesthetic or environmental value, just a weird quirk of 1940s planning rules. Green Belt is much larger now than it was 20 years ago.
Already voted on 09:59 - Apr 29 with 1675 viewsWestminsteRs

Already voted on 11:17 - Apr 28 by RBlock

Well then we need to stop knocking down social housing, to build new and expensive blocks of flats that actual Londoners can't afford, while blatantly disregarding the required quotas of affordable housing. This is getting sold off to foreign investors, the type of migrants that would be welcome under UKIP. Rent controls and more social housing. Less of it being knocked down for private investment to make a killing off.

Your generation were very fortunate indeed. Vastly overspending and footing the bill with the youth. Uni fees soaring, house prices the same. And we still have to pay off the pension pot of the swollen generation of baby boomers. The over 40s are no longer worrying about how much their property portfolio's are increasing in value, and starting to wonder why their 20 something year old children are still living at home.

How are you paying for all this nice new social housing? Borrowing more money for the next generation to pay back?
Already voted on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 1671 viewsDiscodroids

Already voted on 09:50 - Apr 29 by paulparker

We may not have paid anything to there education Derby but what Beckett hasn't been pulled up on is the fact we will be paying towards there children's education, towards the already crumbling NHS , & supporting there child benefits, towards re housing

as for people who retire abroad , my old girl lives in spain, pays Spanish taxes, contributes towards there economy , so they will have had more than enough from & than she will have got from them before her toes curl up

those fackin OAP'S comin over 'ere and spending their pensions, life savings on properties and tapas in a booming iberian economy!!

there'll be wanting a fackin bbc radio 4 archers education center on every high fackin street next.

dirty economy propping grey rinse muttha fkers!

Already voted on 10:03 - Apr 29 with 1668 viewsWestminsteRs

Already voted on 11:46 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Would also help if we stopped the ridiculous right to buy scheme

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3006985/2-5million-tenants-Right-Buy-Tor

Why ridiculous? It's the same people living in the same house in the most part. The actual tenure matters little, surely? Sure, they need to be replaced in some form but generally we just need much more housing rather than getting hung up about the tenure. Personally I think it probably right to sell off state-owned housing worth £1m in order to build more social homes for more people to live in. That's a better use of finite resources and that's where the proposed funding for the Right to Buy extension is supposed to come from. How workable that actually is is another matter. As I understand it the housing associations would receive full market price for the homes bought under the Right to Buy.
Already voted on 10:06 - Apr 29 with 1660 viewsWestminsteRs

Should also be recognised that they're also paying towards their children's education, and 'our' children's education and our elderly's social security support.
Already voted on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 1684 viewspaulparker

Already voted on 10:06 - Apr 29 by WestminsteRs

Should also be recognised that they're also paying towards their children's education, and 'our' children's education and our elderly's social security support.

which is right & fair Westminster , I have no problem people coming here with skills and making a better life & paying taxes
but what about those who don't work & don't contribute or those who work cash in hand to send back home , we have already enough of our own who do fcuk all and claim
our country is full we don't have enough housing, our schools are bursting at the seams and our NHS is falling apart , there has to be a limit on people coming in ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Already voted on 10:17 - Apr 29 with 1680 viewsJamie

At the risk of WW3 kicking off, of the 120,000 Romanians who took the opportunity to migrate here last year, how many thousand would you guesstimate claimed benefits of any sort?
Already voted on 10:29 - Apr 29 with 1670 viewspaulparker

Already voted on 10:17 - Apr 29 by Jamie

At the risk of WW3 kicking off, of the 120,000 Romanians who took the opportunity to migrate here last year, how many thousand would you guesstimate claimed benefits of any sort?

you think there was only 120,000 of them or are you believing the official stats ?
even if it were that figure that's 120,000 more people that this country doesn't have room for , which becomes more of a strain on our schools and hospitals
and out of that figure I wouldn't have a clue who claims what , but that's a 120,000 potentially new jobs taken if they are all working , jobs that our school leavers could have done with , or the housing that could have gone to those who want to either buy or rent but cant ,
Stevec has a point its not our generation who will bear the brunt of this its our kids who will

Already voted on 10:30 - Apr 29 with 1667 viewsDiscodroids

Already voted on 10:15 - Apr 29 by paulparker

which is right & fair Westminster , I have no problem people coming here with skills and making a better life & paying taxes
but what about those who don't work & don't contribute or those who work cash in hand to send back home , we have already enough of our own who do fcuk all and claim
our country is full we don't have enough housing, our schools are bursting at the seams and our NHS is falling apart , there has to be a limit on people coming in ,

just a mere 18 different languages being spoken in my sisters class at elmhurst school, forest gate. still its better than last year when it was 22.

i can now report that there now having to build classes on stilts (like in some apocalyptic post nuclear war film) to preserve the tiny concrete playground which is left due to the huge increase in numbers.

other duties include having to deal with the met police who have nicked 9 parents this term on terrorist related charges, comforting worried parents who are scared shitless that there 15/16/17 year olds are going to fight in syria .Trying to engage and teach children with no english living 15 to a house and sharing a bed with 5 brothers and sisters.

dealing with violent conflict between different factions and religions from parents at the school gates that they have been brought over with them. trying to convince parents that its worth given their female child an education.

being a social worker, immigration officer , languages expert . anti terrorist secret agent and sometimes even a fkn teacher

crazily , even trying to teach them maths, reading and you know, english.

welcome to newham . hope you enjoy your stay.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 10:33]

Already voted on 10:43 - Apr 29 with 1639 viewsJamie

Already voted on 10:29 - Apr 29 by paulparker

you think there was only 120,000 of them or are you believing the official stats ?
even if it were that figure that's 120,000 more people that this country doesn't have room for , which becomes more of a strain on our schools and hospitals
and out of that figure I wouldn't have a clue who claims what , but that's a 120,000 potentially new jobs taken if they are all working , jobs that our school leavers could have done with , or the housing that could have gone to those who want to either buy or rent but cant ,
Stevec has a point its not our generation who will bear the brunt of this its our kids who will

Just have a guesstimate though on how many claimed benefits last year.

Perhaps I'm in the tiny minority, but to me I don't care what nationality someone is so long as they are working and paying taxes. How many school leavers these days do you honestly think are willing to wash cars, pick the fields, sweep the streets etc?

And even if there is a stream of British people desperate for those menial jobs, a UKIP vote won't make any difference as Suzanne Evans has already stated that they would continue to allow unskilled labourers in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024