Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 57354 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:32 - Sep 7 with 2500 viewsQPR_John

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:15 - Sep 7 by Aunt_Nelly

It always makes me chuckle that those bleating loudest on here about immigration are generally of 'foreign stock' or migrants themselves.

So not "little Englanders" copyright Gaurdian readers et al
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:40 - Sep 7 with 2473 viewsDeano19766

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:03 - Sep 7 by runningman75

I am normally politically liberal minded. However it is very difficult to distinguish between genuine asylum seekers and economic migrants. I heard on the radio this morning that young Pakistani males had gone to Budapest as part of the people now seeking a move to Germany.

I read reports this morning that Islamc State have sent hundreds of operatives into Europe posing as 'refugees'. I know a few months ago they threatened to send thousands. Have seen video footage of one bloke at Budapest station approaching the camera and doing a throat slitting gesture. Nice. Time will tell, but all this is going to cause feckin chaos at some point I would imagine
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:44 - Sep 7 with 2458 views2Thomas2Bowles

20K over 5 years .

Priority being children.

Are we all satisfied now.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 16:47]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:57 - Sep 7 with 2404 viewsSpiritofGregory

It always makes me chuckle that those bleating loudest on here about immigration are generally of 'foreign stock' or migrants themselves.

Those that complain come from people that intergrated, worked hard, respected the country, were grateful and didn't live off the welfare state.

Our politicians are spineless.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:01 - Sep 7 with 2390 viewsSpiritofGregory

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 16:44 - Sep 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

20K over 5 years .

Priority being children.

Are we all satisfied now.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 16:47]

That figure is false because soon the family will join the men who have made the journey alone. Is that 20,000 people or applications?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:06 - Sep 7 with 2377 viewsSpiritofGregory

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:34 - Sep 7 by kensalriser

Perhaps we could start by putting them in the empty properties (mostly new builds) bought by foreign investors and never occupied since the day they were finished.

Yes, let's put them in exclusive parts of London or do you think that rich Russains buy property in run down areas?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:10 - Sep 7 with 2351 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:01 - Sep 7 by SpiritofGregory

That figure is false because soon the family will join the men who have made the journey alone. Is that 20,000 people or applications?

Am I you personal news reader ?
Try looking for the answers yourself.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 17:10]

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:13 - Sep 7 with 2331 viewsDiscodroids

Hopefully Bono and Emma thompson can come up with some nifty fackin tips on how to house thousands more people through the medium of dance on you tube from their holiday homes in Mustique.

Perhaps decorating picture frames with sea shells is an option.

Its those poor 1000 f uckers that have to go to scotland that i feel sorry for .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:14 - Sep 7 with 2327 viewsderbyhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 21:30 - Sep 6 by Hadders

I agree with everything NW5Hoop says - we take a lot of immigrants, sure, but we shouldn`t forget that there are around 5 million British-born citizens living abroad. It seems to me that too few Brits currently appreciate the possible benefits of open borders in Europe for themselves and their families. Apart from young Britons now going to Germany for the much cheaper housing and so on, the same logic that brings eastern Europeans here could lead to many more Brits heading in the opposite direction, for early retirement or whatever. I`m guessing that a nice apartment on the Dalmatian coast of Croatia or overlooking the Black Sea in Bulgaria or Romania looks very affordable after London prices. As a nation, we are hopeless at languages and that needs to be pushed in schools, but the fact that English is the de facto common language of Europe should surely work to our advantage, too, making Europe seem more welcoming. The more people feel confident about moving aboard, even temporarily, and experience the benefits, the more they are likely to see themselves as "Europeans" as well as English or British, and to appreciate the advantages of open borders.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 21:34]

Over the last 18 years I have worked in Germany, France and Ireland. And for the last 5 months I've been living in France, renovating our house. It certainly gives you a different perspective than from a pure UK base. The English language version of French news is far more international in outlook than anything found on BBC or ITV. And the differences between the different nationalities are not that great.

I've tried really hard to learn French and I can now hold conversations with our French neighbours. They tell me that their country has similar problems to the UK, with the rise of a right wing, anti immigration party and recent protests by French farmers about falling prices.

The grass isn't always greener, but still more pleasant than Aleppo or Homs.

If anybody wants to try it the house next to us is up for sale at around 105,000 Euros.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:15 - Sep 7 with 2327 viewsWilloW4

How do you know that ?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 2311 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:13 - Sep 7 by Discodroids

Hopefully Bono and Emma thompson can come up with some nifty fackin tips on how to house thousands more people through the medium of dance on you tube from their holiday homes in Mustique.

Perhaps decorating picture frames with sea shells is an option.

Its those poor 1000 f uckers that have to go to scotland that i feel sorry for .

Well now my kkkkkkkkkkkkkkeyboarddddd isssssssss covered withhhhh coffffffee

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 2305 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Some of the stuff on this thread has potential as material for Brass Eye...
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:27 - Sep 7 with 2287 viewsvblockranger

20k enough for the yogurt knitting, tank top wearing lefties ? Or do they need a few more days posturing on twitter and facebook to make them feel better?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 2267 viewsNorthernr

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:27 - Sep 7 by vblockranger

20k enough for the yogurt knitting, tank top wearing lefties ? Or do they need a few more days posturing on twitter and facebook to make them feel better?

If this thread is going to head off in this direction it will be locked. Contribute to the debate or don't contribute. It actually started quite well but it's been going downhill and is being artificially bumped up the board now.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 2263 viewsDiscodroids

I Was going to Critically dissect James Joyces ' Ulysses' Using Ancient Hurro-Urartian tongue, in my afternoon tea break from sending people back to prison for not paying their TV licence and mass murder , but reading this thread has provided infinite laughter in infinite combinations .Ive even showed to couple of my lads on bail...they cant wait to get back to their peter in ford open nick.. they think were all insane....hahahaha
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 17:40]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 2238 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why aren't world leaders not addressing the causes of the problem together? ISIS are laughing at us.

This will bring down the EU. Merkel and her New World Order friends have been bending the law to suit themselves. Orban should put them all on a fast train to Berlin. Merkel won't be able to keep the people out.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 2202 viewsWatford_Ranger

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 by SpiritofGregory

Why aren't world leaders not addressing the causes of the problem together? ISIS are laughing at us.

This will bring down the EU. Merkel and her New World Order friends have been bending the law to suit themselves. Orban should put them all on a fast train to Berlin. Merkel won't be able to keep the people out.

Why would it bring down the EU?
Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 17:47 - Sep 7 with 2195 viewsHayesender

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:35 - Sep 7 by SpiritofGregory

The problem there is, the world leaders ARE the cause of the problem.

What their end game plan is anybodies guess, but you can be sure it will suit them and their rich friends, not us peasants

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 with 2179 viewsSnipper

There was a fella on Radio Five earlier today talking of all the stuff going on at the moment. He sounded very insightful and seemed to know what he was talking about.
On ISIS, he said they were being partly funded and supported by Israel.

Who's to say he's wrong?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:23 - Sep 7 with 2121 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 by Snipper

There was a fella on Radio Five earlier today talking of all the stuff going on at the moment. He sounded very insightful and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Who's to say he's wrong?

Burden of Proof. Otherwise anyone can go around saying anything without evidence.

This is where Religion, David Icke, and the Pub liars unravel.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof
[Post edited 7 Sep 2015 18:25]
Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 18:28 - Sep 7 with 2105 viewsClive_Anderson

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 17:47 - Sep 7 by Hayesender

The problem there is, the world leaders ARE the cause of the problem.

What their end game plan is anybodies guess, but you can be sure it will suit them and their rich friends, not us peasants

The UN have been urging the EU to use immigration to undermine national homogeneity of EU member states:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18519395

Did anyone actually vote for any of this?
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 18:39 - Sep 7 with 2077 viewsloftboy

A Controversial answer to our housing problem will be to build on the green belt, the largest estate in Europe is a place in thornaby near Middlesbrough called Ingleby Barwick,it's been well designed , thousands of houses, new schools and was a real eye opener to me when I recently visited.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:09 - Sep 7 with 2019 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 18:28 - Sep 7 by Clive_Anderson

The UN have been urging the EU to use immigration to undermine national homogeneity of EU member states:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18519395

Did anyone actually vote for any of this?

This isn't the UN this is one man in the UN.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:15 - Sep 7 with 2002 viewsGloucs_R

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:57 - Sep 7 by Snipper

Who's to say he's wrong?

Its all a mess and I'm not sure who has a hand in it.

The US - wanted to get rid of Assad plus a large war is good for weapons production and the US economy was flagging?
The Israelis - scared by the new found power of Iran?
Saudi - in their push for the world to become Sunni Muslims

There is no way a group like this could rise so quickly without someones help. I have read a lot on them and they are just too well organised, like they have been planning this for years.

I genuinely feel that the majority of people coming into Europe are innocent and victims, but I am convinced that there is a minority (albeit a large one) who are under instructions to destabilize and disrupt the west. Sadly, I predict some tough times ahead and more terrorist attack. Turning populations against immigrants and dividing them more so than now. Just look a this board. Already dividing this country..

A couple of other predictions (by me!)...

The UK will have a mainstream Islamic party within 25 years. Not extremist or full of hate, but they will want more Islamic law for the UK.
Within 100 years, 50% of Europe will be Muslim
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe

As right of central as I may be, I do welcome Syrian families to this country. Lets hope they grow up understanding that the west is tolerant, welcoming and inclusive.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:25 - Sep 7 with 1972 viewsjohnhoop

Migrant/Refugee crisi. on 19:09 - Sep 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This isn't the UN this is one man in the UN.

Yeah, one man who just happens to be the U.N.'s "Special Representative for Migration".
Thanks for posting this Clive, otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. At least it leaves us in little doubt as to what the real agenda is here. "Non-executive chairman of Goldman Sachs" indeed. F--k knows what that bunch of financial gangsters are doing in a position of power to advise anyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024