Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant/Refugee crisis 11:04 - Sep 4 with 57364 viewsDeano19766

Just a thought on this subject which is all over the news saying we are a disgrace and should do more to help -

Oxford English Dictionary definition of Refugee - "A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster". So when a person flees their country for those reasons they are a refugee (and that is of course a terrible thing to happen to anyone and is yet another sad fact about humanity as a species). However, it could (and should) then be implied that once a 'refugee' passes through a 'safe' country then (s)he is no longer a refugee but a migrant, and most likely a migrant for economic reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but all this rhetoric about taking in 'refugees' is completely misguided or a (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the facts IMO. If people wish to show their support for accommodating these people then that is of course their prerogative, but they should at least be clear that that they support accommodating 'economic migrants' as opposed to 'refugees' (although that would be far less sensationalist and may not suit their agenda).
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:58 - Sep 8 with 3128 viewsMaggsinho

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 17:16 - Sep 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The EU is due to unveil proposals on Wednesday to distribute 160,000 refugees among member states on a mandatory basis.

So now the EU is going to force us to take more.

The UK has an opt out of agreements such as that though so won't take their share.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:11 - Sep 8 with 3098 viewsHadders

I accept that people feel differently and it is interesting to read different points of view. I am sympathetic to elderly people who find their old community has disappeared. Yet London is a world city and some of us love it that way - whenever I return to London, either from the UK or abroad, it is the extraordinary mix of faces on the tube that makes me feel at home. I am British and white, but my wife is from Japan and I have friends from all over the shop. I work in Bethnal Green with loads of Bangladeshi-origin Muslims and the atmosphere is brilliant. When people feel alienated by foreigners, I`d suggest it is usually because they haven`t tried talking. Invite your Pakistani neighbours in for tea and cake (or down the R`s) and you might find they`re not so horrible. Obviously some immigrants are unfriendly or worse, especially young men in packs, but then, so are some born and bred Brits.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 20:37]
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 3054 views1BobbyHazell

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 19:38 - Sep 8 by HollowayRanger

we shouldnt be forced to take a single one in until we have had our vote

vote to stay in and become a full member of a European union of countries where we have to accept the majority votes of our fellow European leaders

or vote to get out and be an individual nation making our own decisions but with a real danger of Germany france ect trying to ruin us

as for living in London im born and breed here might well die here as well but if I make 60 im getting right on out of here as I don't want to be the so called ethnic minority in my own city

Don't panic mate, I'm London born and bred as well and I've been an ethnic minority in my own city all my life. And look how well I turned out, I'm f**king aces!

Love, naturally, is the key.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:36 - Sep 8 with 3038 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:30 - Sep 8 by 1BobbyHazell

Don't panic mate, I'm London born and bred as well and I've been an ethnic minority in my own city all my life. And look how well I turned out, I'm f**king aces!

Love, naturally, is the key.

As a born n bred and buttered Londoner.. I too,have turned out' 'fxxcking aces'... 👍.. Come on you R's.!!!!!
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:42 - Sep 8 with 3015 viewsHayesender

As a born and bred londoner, I've turned out to be a bit of a cnt 👍👅❤

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:53 - Sep 8 with 2988 viewsHollowayRanger

Migrant crisis: Why the Gulf states are not letting Syrians in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34173139

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 22:31 - Sep 8 with 2864 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 20:11 - Sep 8 by Hadders

I accept that people feel differently and it is interesting to read different points of view. I am sympathetic to elderly people who find their old community has disappeared. Yet London is a world city and some of us love it that way - whenever I return to London, either from the UK or abroad, it is the extraordinary mix of faces on the tube that makes me feel at home. I am British and white, but my wife is from Japan and I have friends from all over the shop. I work in Bethnal Green with loads of Bangladeshi-origin Muslims and the atmosphere is brilliant. When people feel alienated by foreigners, I`d suggest it is usually because they haven`t tried talking. Invite your Pakistani neighbours in for tea and cake (or down the R`s) and you might find they`re not so horrible. Obviously some immigrants are unfriendly or worse, especially young men in packs, but then, so are some born and bred Brits.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2015 20:37]

The last Pakistani I saw down the R's smashed three fvcks out of Lee Cook's leg.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 22:58 - Sep 8 with 2830 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 22:31 - Sep 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

The last Pakistani I saw down the R's smashed three fvcks out of Lee Cook's leg.

Does that make you a Racist/Facist/ and or Nazi...? The last oh, forget it...!
Login to get fewer ads

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:53 - Sep 9 with 2638 viewsjamois

We're all migrants, but it seems cut off times are arbitrary. Much like national borders as it happens. Nationalism, another word for ignorance.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:59 - Sep 9 with 2626 viewsFDC

Nationalism: an excuse to take pride in things you didn't do and dislike people you haven't met.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 13:49 - Sep 9 with 2564 viewsCHUBBS

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:59 - Sep 9 by FDC

Nationalism: an excuse to take pride in things you didn't do and dislike people you haven't met.

And there I was thinking the proud Nigerian family who I deemed very close friends liked me.
Racist bastards after all.....damn
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:03 - Sep 9 with 2547 viewsTheBlob

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 12:53 - Sep 9 by jamois

We're all migrants, but it seems cut off times are arbitrary. Much like national borders as it happens. Nationalism, another word for ignorance.

Our family is descended from the paid assassins to King John,named after the type of knife that was popular in our particular line of work.
Might just come out of retirement.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:10 - Sep 9 with 2533 viewsDiscodroids

Our Local Church Has called for 50 families in our borough to take in a migrant family , and the priest , who looks as excitable as lord janner at the bottom of a mcdonalds ball pen, has offered to take a family in, which is fair enough. ..

AT least this story originates from aSensible chap who saw the outline of john the baptist scorched on to his toast this morning and can negate the Boroughs housing crisis with a shake of a replica sea shell covered spear of destiny, made out of balsa wood by the women in his Flock.

Its better than listening to the temerity of yet another MP on his/her High minded Steed of moral utopia , telling us to welcome displaced peoples of apocolyptic wastelands of Hungary, then throwing themselves to the floor like james brown when a tv camera is on them, and wailing for the uk to House these Migrants.

Hows about that they put a family up in one of their two homes ?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 14:11]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:20 - Sep 9 with 2509 viewsbob566

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:10 - Sep 9 by Discodroids

Our Local Church Has called for 50 families in our borough to take in a migrant family , and the priest , who looks as excitable as lord janner at the bottom of a mcdonalds ball pen, has offered to take a family in, which is fair enough. ..

AT least this story originates from aSensible chap who saw the outline of john the baptist scorched on to his toast this morning and can negate the Boroughs housing crisis with a shake of a replica sea shell covered spear of destiny, made out of balsa wood by the women in his Flock.

Its better than listening to the temerity of yet another MP on his/her High minded Steed of moral utopia , telling us to welcome displaced peoples of apocolyptic wastelands of Hungary, then throwing themselves to the floor like james brown when a tv camera is on them, and wailing for the uk to House these Migrants.

agreed. They won't though. Not one of them. That's where you have to hand it to Geldof and not Bono.

At least Geldof has had the guts to put his money where his mouth is and said he'd take in families in both of his residences. not sure the neighbours will be so happy with him.

Bono hasn't.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:28 - Sep 9 with 2497 viewsjohncharles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:20 - Sep 9 by bob566

agreed. They won't though. Not one of them. That's where you have to hand it to Geldof and not Bono.

At least Geldof has had the guts to put his money where his mouth is and said he'd take in families in both of his residences. not sure the neighbours will be so happy with him.

Bono hasn't.

I can see it becoming the new chic, having a refugee family in the annex/granny flat.

Strong and stable my arse.

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:28 - Sep 9 with 2493 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:10 - Sep 9 by Discodroids

I'm still reeling from the Lord Janner comment.

'Excuse me Sir, this play area is for children only'

'err......where am I .........who am I..... can you pass me my ermine?'
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:40 - Sep 9 with 2472 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well lets have a positive story about immigrants and community

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34191811
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 14:40]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 2457 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:20 - Sep 9 by bob566

Bono hasn't.

Just seeing bonos name makes me want to shunder..do gooding arsewipe.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:46 - Sep 9 with 2452 viewsDiscodroids

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:40 - Sep 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well lets have a positive story about immigrants and community

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34191811
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 14:40]

thats nothing, weve got the 'one pound fish' man at queens road market upton park.

he used to pop into the queens and have a pint now and again.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:00 - Sep 9 with 2421 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 14:46 - Sep 9 by Discodroids

thats nothing, weve got the 'one pound fish' man at queens road market upton park.

he used to pop into the queens and have a pint now and again.

Can't stop singing .."one pound feesh, very very cheap".. Now. Thanks for that Disco.🎶🐟🐠😉.
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:12 - Sep 9 with 2365 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brixton... before they burnt it

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:21 - Sep 9 with 2333 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:12 - Sep 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Brixton... before they burnt it

Love the hammy voice over... "From Barnsley to beruit ".. What?.. My uncle Pete talked like that when he answered the phone.. Dead posh, then you asked him,"who was that on the phone uncle?"....he'd revert straight back to his Bethnal Green roots.." Just some w@nker".!
Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:25 - Sep 9 with 2323 viewsDiscodroids

The problem is their human and they need to be loved.just like everybody else does,
see the'rve already waited too long, and all their hope is gone....

sorry.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2015 15:26]

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:34 - Sep 9 with 2297 views2Thomas2Bowles

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:21 - Sep 9 by WilloW4

Love the hammy voice over... "From Barnsley to beruit ".. What?.. My uncle Pete talked like that when he answered the phone.. Dead posh, then you asked him,"who was that on the phone uncle?"....he'd revert straight back to his Bethnal Green roots.." Just some w@nker".!

This is interesting, Our Jamaican Problem 1955
About Housing and the Mayor of Brixton on what the solution is and the Jamaican just after, assuring there will be no troubles

Sounds a lot like today

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:46 - Sep 9 with 2275 viewsWilloW4

Migrant/Refugee crisis on 15:34 - Sep 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This is interesting, Our Jamaican Problem 1955
About Housing and the Mayor of Brixton on what the solution is and the Jamaican just after, assuring there will be no troubles

Sounds a lot like today

Good video mate, on a lighter note..I love the whistles and titfers... Everyone who gets off the wind rush boat looks very dapper..quality.!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024