Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rugby World Cup Thread 15:39 - Sep 15 with 33220 viewskingsburyR

I don't think someone has started one yet.

Can't see past New Zealand but Ill have a cheeky £10 on the Aussies who always come good in a world cup.

And Bet of the week is for the Aussies to come top of England's group @ 2/1

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:32 - Oct 31 with 1684 viewsisawqpratwcity

Australia have come back from 21-3 to 21-17 with 15 minutes left. Serious game time!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 17:52 - Oct 31 with 1678 viewsisawqpratwcity

All Blacks make the first successful defence of the RWC, finishing 34-17, three tries to two. A good game, especially with the Wallabies fightback, but NZ too good.

Dan Carter, AB kicker, MoM.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 17:56]

Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:07 - Oct 31 with 1660 viewsKiwi76

You beauty!!!!!!!
Carter superb.
Wobbly 10mins but played pretty bloody well the rest of it.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 18:58 - Oct 31 with 1618 viewseasthertsr

The drop goal ended the contest genius from Carter!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:27 - Oct 31 with 1569 viewsHitch

So proud of the boys. Great game.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:32 - Oct 31 with 1561 viewsHooparoo

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:27 - Oct 31 by Hitch

So proud of the boys. Great game.

Although I'm a proud Aussie I'm glad the best team won. I've just come back from Christchurch (looking at how we can help with the earthquake reconstruction) and after hearing the harrowing stories and seeing the devastation, I'm glad it will give all the kiwis a lift.

Good on them. 🍷

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:34 - Oct 31 with 1559 viewsToast_R

What a great World Cup. Fantastic 6 weeks despite England's failings. Japan next will be good of course they'll put on a wonderful show but the time difference will make it a pretty modest affair in the northern hemisphere me thinks.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:14 - Nov 1 with 1529 viewssilky

Ecstatic beyond belief here, I can't tell you how much I love living in this wonderful country.

A great world cup and massive records broken here

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:28 - Nov 1 with 1527 viewsMrSheen

3 match league series against NZ starts tomorrow. Or today, actually.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 02:48 - Nov 1 with 1505 viewsWilloW4

Rugby World Cup Thread on 00:14 - Nov 1 by silky

Ecstatic beyond belief here, I can't tell you how much I love living in this wonderful country.

A great world cup and massive records broken here

Well played the all blacks....chuffed for my son , whose a kiwi..and a QPR fan.... Enjoy the day kiwis..👍.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 04:03 - Nov 1 with 1497 viewseastside_r

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:32 - Oct 31 by Hooparoo

Although I'm a proud Aussie I'm glad the best team won. I've just come back from Christchurch (looking at how we can help with the earthquake reconstruction) and after hearing the harrowing stories and seeing the devastation, I'm glad it will give all the kiwis a lift.

Good on them. 🍷

Mate that is very magnanimous, Good on yer!
Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:23 - Nov 1 with 1483 viewsFredManRave

Rugby World Cup Thread on 22:32 - Oct 31 by Hooparoo

Good on them. 🍷

Post of the World Cup Thread.

Well said that Hooparoo.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:33 - Nov 1 with 1483 viewsHooparoo

Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:23 - Nov 1 by FredManRave

Post of the World Cup Thread.

Well said that Hooparoo.

Although we are fierce rivals on the field Aussies and kiwis have bled together in many wars so plenty of mutual respect and we are very alike in many ways.

There will be a hell of a party in NZ today. Lots of hangovers tomorrow. 😎

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:21 - Nov 1 with 1462 viewsHitch

Rugby World Cup Thread on 05:33 - Nov 1 by Hooparoo

Although we are fierce rivals on the field Aussies and kiwis have bled together in many wars so plenty of mutual respect and we are very alike in many ways.

There will be a hell of a party in NZ today. Lots of hangovers tomorrow. 😎

Hooparoo, are you sure your areal Aussie, you seem a bit nice and generous.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:55 - Nov 1 with 1445 viewsHooparoo

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:21 - Nov 1 by Hitch

Hooparoo, are you sure your areal Aussie, you seem a bit nice and generous.

Sure am. My family have been here for 7 generations (since 1831).

As for the kiwis - credit where it's due I reckon. 😄

Cheers 🍷🍷🍷

Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:07 - Nov 1 with 1444 viewsHitch

Rugby World Cup Thread on 07:55 - Nov 1 by Hooparoo

Sure am. My family have been here for 7 generations (since 1831).

As for the kiwis - credit where it's due I reckon. 😄

Cheers 🍷🍷🍷

1831 tell me more
Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:05 - Nov 1 with 1425 viewsHooparoo

Rugby World Cup Thread on 08:07 - Nov 1 by Hitch

1831 tell me more

My ancestor was one of the first white men in Bega, NSW. A convict who was sent here for (allegedly) stealing a pair of trousers in Warwickshire. He built the first pub in Bega which still stands today as the town museum.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:14 - Nov 1 with 1419 viewssilky

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:05 - Nov 1 by Hooparoo

My ancestor was one of the first white men in Bega, NSW. A convict who was sent here for (allegedly) stealing a pair of trousers in Warwickshire. He built the first pub in Bega which still stands today as the town museum.

Went though Bega on my travels.

Bloody good Cheese I tell ya! :D

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 13:16 - Nov 1 with 1385 viewsTGRRRSSS

Amazed relieved and delighted for Kiwi's everywhere - My Grandad got a ticket just last week - aged 87, first saw the ABs in 1949 against SA in Wellington.
He had a great day, was nerve racking although for the most part NZ were in charge that 15 mins period where Aussie pulled it back were nerve racking to say the4 least.
Finally just to add the story of Sonny Bill Willians who gave his medal to a lad who'd run on the pitch - pretty young - and got rugby tackled by a steward.
Amazing magnanimous gesture from him.
Amazing careers ended for a few players on both sides I imgaine but especially McCaw, Carter, Nonu and Conrad Smith.
World Cups - like Buses huh... maybe England football side could learn a thing or 2...
Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:46 - Nov 1 with 1343 viewszicoshoops

Apart from watching the 6 Nations I know little about Rugby.
Watching the World Cup, it seemed like sporting justice that the best team in the tournament became world champions.

I've always had Australians down (rightly or wrongly) as bad winners, and even worse losers.
But watching the the Australian Captain speaking just after the final whistle should remind us of what sport is about.
Although obviously gutted, he congratulated the All Backs and said they deserved the victory and said the day was about them.
He also thanked the Australian Public, and the supporters who were at the match.

My hat off to the fella............total respect.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:55 - Nov 1 with 1331 viewsFredManRave

Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:46 - Nov 1 by zicoshoops

Apart from watching the 6 Nations I know little about Rugby.
Watching the World Cup, it seemed like sporting justice that the best team in the tournament became world champions.

I've always had Australians down (rightly or wrongly) as bad winners, and even worse losers.
But watching the the Australian Captain speaking just after the final whistle should remind us of what sport is about.
Although obviously gutted, he congratulated the All Backs and said they deserved the victory and said the day was about them.
He also thanked the Australian Public, and the supporters who were at the match.

My hat off to the fella............total respect.

Can I take it from this message that you now know what's going on because you've finally been told and it's therefore all been sorted out?!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 15:56]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:25 - Nov 1 with 1312 viewszicoshoops

Rugby World Cup Thread on 15:55 - Nov 1 by FredManRave

Can I take it from this message that you now know what's going on because you've finally been told and it's therefore all been sorted out?!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 15:56]

I've been to two Rugby games in my life.
The first was the 6 Nations, England/Wales at Twickenham 2014. apparently it was a great game.
The Second was last November at Twickenham, England/All Backs.

Didn't really have much of a clue of what was happening on the pitch, but was impressed by all the supporters on both occasions.
Both sets of fans sitting together, drinking beer, loads of banter, and not a hint of trouble......and everyone clapping whatever side scored........(mind you, I'm old enough to remember when that was the norm at Loftus rd)

Watching the All Blacks, I said to a bloke sitting next to me that they looked quite good.
He looked at me, then laughed and said.......'mate, you're watching the best side in the world.'

Anyway........I still don't know......

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
Rugby World Cup Thread on 23:40 - Nov 1 with 1253 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rugby World Cup Thread on 16:25 - Nov 1 by zicoshoops

I've been to two Rugby games in my life.
The first was the 6 Nations, England/Wales at Twickenham 2014. apparently it was a great game.
The Second was last November at Twickenham, England/All Backs.

Didn't really have much of a clue of what was happening on the pitch, but was impressed by all the supporters on both occasions.
Both sets of fans sitting together, drinking beer, loads of banter, and not a hint of trouble......and everyone clapping whatever side scored........(mind you, I'm old enough to remember when that was the norm at Loftus rd)

Watching the All Blacks, I said to a bloke sitting next to me that they looked quite good.
He looked at me, then laughed and said.......'mate, you're watching the best side in the world.'

Anyway........I still don't know......

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.

I see they've given Sonny Bill Williams another winner's medal to replace the one given to the kid who was crash-tackled by a steward (where do they get these wallies?!).

Beautiful gestures by both SBW and the RWC.

Zicos makes a good point. Rugby is extremely tribal (guaranteed all New Zealanders everywhere got a little bit taller yesterday) but it is very good-natured. That's nice.

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:39 - Nov 2 with 1239 viewseastside_r

Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:05 - Nov 1 by Hooparoo

Mate, I had an ancestor who was transported to Van Diemen's Land for god knows what. My cousin (first, once removed) who actually played for Wales in this tournament was born in Oz but rightfully chose Wales as his nation.

You come across as an absolute gent. How come you're R's?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 1:40]
Rugby World Cup Thread on 09:05 - Nov 2 with 1191 viewsHooparoo

Rugby World Cup Thread on 01:39 - Nov 2 by eastside_r

Mate, I had an ancestor who was transported to Van Diemen's Land for god knows what. My cousin (first, once removed) who actually played for Wales in this tournament was born in Oz but rightfully chose Wales as his nation.

You come across as an absolute gent. How come you're R's?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 1:40]

Thanks mate. Sometimes a challenge to act like a gentleman but I do try. 😉

My dad was Man U and when I was about 6 or 7 and I watched Stan Bowles take United apart on Match of the Day much to my dad's dismay. So I thought - this team has beaten dad's and I like those shirts so I'm going to follow them. Have never ever thought of switching( although I sometimes wish I could).

I'm Rs till I die. 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024