Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear 22:58 - Aug 20 with 12975 viewsNeathJack

I know there's another thread on this so the mods may want to merge it but I thought this deserved a new thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investi
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:18 - Aug 21 with 1555 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 17:54 - Aug 21 by somersetsimon

This could be the problem for Cardiff. If dodgy deals were done then the club will have to carry some responsibility. If it was possible to claim ignorance, then I'm sure Barcelona would have sacrificed some poor club official by now!

Nah, Barcelona just appeal, sentence lifted during appeal, spunk 75m on Suarez then shrug when appeal fails.

It's a difficult one though. When it's alleged documents were kept by Moody, withheld from the club, yes he was a CCFC representative but clearly acting off his own back. Hardly a case of making Moody a scapegoat if documents were found in his possession months after being fired.

Other teams guilty of similar were all in it up to their necks. It would probably be a small fine at worst.

EDIT: I'd agree there was a lack of corporate oversight at the time. That was acknowledged by Dalman aftr the Moody firing; setting up a committee for transfers which included Mackay at the time.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 18:20]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:21 - Aug 21 with 1552 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:18 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

There's ALWAYS something going on with CCFC. Never a dull moment.

We get everything. Even the scandals.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 1534 viewshooplehead

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 15:32 - Aug 21 by pencoedjack

Glad someone has said it .....

I am sure if most normal men (not liberal do gooders) texts or mails were read, there would be a lot of Malky's about.

44 years into a life of never having sent a phobic text or email

i don't own a telephone but i'm sure that wouldn't twist me

i refuse to believe that most everybody has done...i have a fair bit of faith in human nature

shame on you if you have

indulging in abusive behavior based on race, gender or orientation is far from normal....it's fukking disgraceful....the majority might indulge...it's pack mentality shitness
a blip in evolution....thankfully i see impovements

and if it's liberal to be pleasant, then god only knows why it's used as a term of abuse
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 18:39]
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:52 - Aug 21 with 1476 viewsQuakerJack

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 08:43 - Aug 21 by hooplehead

I think this is my favourite text

while a French player is someone ‘who struck me as an independently minded young homo’.

i mean what the fukk does that even mean???

i think this is probably the tip of the iceberg

wait for the ones where he starts referring to the cardiff fans as inbred sheep shagging c..unts

Re your last line, they've already found them but they were just binned because it's true.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:13 - Aug 21 with 1404 viewsQuakerJack

According to SSN... He's "apologised if his comments offended other cultures".

He does however deny making sexist or homophobic comments. So he's admitting to insulting Jewish and black people, just not women and Gay people.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:24 - Aug 21 with 1372 viewsGroo

No crossing the boss

Groo does what Groo does best

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:34 - Aug 21 with 1347 viewsQuakerJack

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:24 - Aug 21 by Groo

No crossing the boss

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:03 - Aug 21 with 1257 viewsBorojack

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:34 - Aug 21 by QuakerJack

Not having read the whole thread.
Has Tan sat on this information for months
then waited for Malky to get close to a job and
pounced.
Devious little bugger is agent Tan.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:06 - Aug 21 with 1242 viewsDarran

Its ok it's only friendly banter.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/21/malky-mackay-texts-iain-moody-fr

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:09 - Aug 21 with 1229 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:03 - Aug 21 by Borojack

Not having read the whole thread.
Has Tan sat on this information for months
then waited for Malky to get close to a job and
pounced.
Devious little bugger is agent Tan.

Reported to FA before Pulis left Palace.

If Tan was a devious bugger, he'd have done it after Mackay got employed - two birds with one stone.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:12 - Aug 21 with 1220 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:06 - Aug 21 by Darran

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/21/malky-mackay-texts-iain-moody-fr

The LMA fully backed Mackay in his legal fight against Tan. Indeed, I believe they initially agreed to help fund it... then pulled out when it was clear Mackay stood little to no chance of winning.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 1194 viewsheadcleaner

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:21 - Aug 21 by reddythered

We get everything. Even the scandals.

Seems like you do indeed get everything except premier league football of course ;)

I'd settle for World Cup finalist international players signing, winning at old Trafford over having to admit that my club has a culture of bullying, racism, sexism that was allegedly apparent on the training ground and the dressing room and nobody had the testicular fortitude to report it r challenge it at the time. It seems the fans get the club they deserve. What a family club Cardiff is
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 23:19 - Aug 21 with 1104 viewsHighjack

Ahh it was only banter. That explains it then. Story over, hope he gets a new job soon now that it's all explained.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 07:59 - Aug 22 with 998 viewsQuakerJack

Obviously if the club have gotten hold of this information then they're using work phones and emails, rather than their own personal ones. Regardless of whether you do or don't send this sort of thing... why do it on your work phone/email? How dumb do you have to be to do that when you know it all gets monitored. So they're not just bigots, they're thick bigots.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:31 - Aug 22 with 907 viewsjackonicko

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 07:59 - Aug 22 by QuakerJack

Obviously if the club have gotten hold of this information then they're using work phones and emails, rather than their own personal ones. Regardless of whether you do or don't send this sort of thing... why do it on your work phone/email? How dumb do you have to be to do that when you know it all gets monitored. So they're not just bigots, they're thick bigots.

That's not necessarily the case. Press coverage today suggests the texts and other documents were obtained as part of the fraud proceeding in the High (civil) court. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this doesn't have to be club owned phones and emails.

There was a recent, civil fraud claim in the High Court where the lawyers were able to get access to internet (gmail) email addresses - as it was proved to the satisfaction of a judge that this might contain relevant information. It was even done ex parte (so the owner of the email account didn't know that the order had been granted) which let the lawyers carry on monitoring the account whilst it was being used in real time.

I don't know the details of Mischon de Reya's case, but don't underestimate the powers of the High Court.

And as I mentioned earlier in the thread, if those powers were used, there is going to be one extremely pi55ed off high court judge that the contents of these have been leaked.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 889 viewsUxbridge

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:06 - Aug 21 by Darran

Ah banter. My favourite word. It's not an euphemism for acting like a complete knobber at all, oh no.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:41 - Aug 22 with 881 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:31 - Aug 22 by jackonicko

That's not necessarily the case. Press coverage today suggests the texts and other documents were obtained as part of the fraud proceeding in the High (civil) court. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, this doesn't have to be club owned phones and emails.

There was a recent, civil fraud claim in the High Court where the lawyers were able to get access to internet (gmail) email addresses - as it was proved to the satisfaction of a judge that this might contain relevant information. It was even done ex parte (so the owner of the email account didn't know that the order had been granted) which let the lawyers carry on monitoring the account whilst it was being used in real time.

I don't know the details of Mischon de Reya's case, but don't underestimate the powers of the High Court.

And as I mentioned earlier in the thread, if those powers were used, there is going to be one extremely pi55ed off high court judge that the contents of these have been leaked.

and people in this country should be pleased that they're not in the States! Once was a part of a big Chapter 11 case in the US with work and they lifted every single scrap of communication that had ever taken place from all of our servers, irrespective of any possible relevance. Hundreds of lawyers then had to spend thousands of hours going through all the email etc redacting the ones that were not relevant.

Ever since that experience, I have always assumed that absolutely every email, even personal ones, can be read out in a court - it certainly makes you think twice before writing anything at all.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 869 viewsjackonicko

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:41 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

and people in this country should be pleased that they're not in the States! Once was a part of a big Chapter 11 case in the US with work and they lifted every single scrap of communication that had ever taken place from all of our servers, irrespective of any possible relevance. Hundreds of lawyers then had to spend thousands of hours going through all the email etc redacting the ones that were not relevant.

Ever since that experience, I have always assumed that absolutely every email, even personal ones, can be read out in a court - it certainly makes you think twice before writing anything at all.

Oh, that happens here in the UK too ...
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 868 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:37 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

Ah banter. My favourite word. It's not an euphemism for acting like a complete knobber at all, oh no.

I notice this morning that the LMA have had to apologise for their 'banter' comments.

Disgraceful conduct from them. Some of those texts etc left 'banter' so far behind it was unreal. there isn't a company in this country where someone sending that sort of stuff about work colleagues wouldn't be sacked on the spot.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:49 - Aug 22 with 851 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:45 - Aug 22 by jackonicko

Oh, that happens here in the UK too ...

yes - I think that the difference here though is the proof required (or strong suggestion of it) that the mails etc would be relevant. In the US, the judge (rather than a higher court) can just give an instruction irrespective of whether there is likely or not to be any relevance (unless it's now become easier here as well). I did laugh slightly at the thought of a bunch of social emails all being poured over by multiple sets of lawyers, although, as I said, it made me very careful going forward.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 831 viewsjackonicko

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:49 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

yes - I think that the difference here though is the proof required (or strong suggestion of it) that the mails etc would be relevant. In the US, the judge (rather than a higher court) can just give an instruction irrespective of whether there is likely or not to be any relevance (unless it's now become easier here as well). I did laugh slightly at the thought of a bunch of social emails all being poured over by multiple sets of lawyers, although, as I said, it made me very careful going forward.

It's pretty much the same. You agree custodians (eg employees) who might hold potentially relevant information, you grab their emails, image hard drives etc and then review everything within to see what is relevant / not relevant to the matter at hand.

But the important point is you get *everything*. And if you get hard drives, you can look at "deleted" files and emails too.

So, yes, always send emails as if they are going to be read by a judge later.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:58 - Aug 22 with 816 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:53 - Aug 22 by jackonicko

It's pretty much the same. You agree custodians (eg employees) who might hold potentially relevant information, you grab their emails, image hard drives etc and then review everything within to see what is relevant / not relevant to the matter at hand.

But the important point is you get *everything*. And if you get hard drives, you can look at "deleted" files and emails too.

So, yes, always send emails as if they are going to be read by a judge later.

Oh interesting! Lot of my work has always been US based (from a legal perspective) so I've always thought that the UK had less of a 'grab everything' culture and that there was more privacy. I guess it was always going to end up that way everywhere.

It's amazing really though that anyone any longer believes that any communication is really 'private' since it's all presumably held on databases somewhere and can be accessed if it needs to be. Same with texts and phone calls. We all need to revert back to meeting in person and assuming we're not being bugged :-)
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:58 - Aug 22 with 816 viewsmonmouth

I see that everything is now about the texts ('the FA are investigating the texts' -BBC) and not any financial issues. There is no way Tan would have sacked anyone for the texts (they were discovered after the event weren't they?), but it looks increasingly as if any financial issues might be ignored by the FA in a public witch hunt over stupid ignorant bigoted and offensive white men exchanging texts. What is there to investigate in that? The row migrating to the LMA beyond belief response will suit that agenda even more. Bizarrely, Mackay could end up being grateful that he sent those texts if it means some of the other speculations about his transfer conduct end up being smokescreened.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 802 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:58 - Aug 22 by monmouth

I see that everything is now about the texts ('the FA are investigating the texts' -BBC) and not any financial issues. There is no way Tan would have sacked anyone for the texts (they were discovered after the event weren't they?), but it looks increasingly as if any financial issues might be ignored by the FA in a public witch hunt over stupid ignorant bigoted and offensive white men exchanging texts. What is there to investigate in that? The row migrating to the LMA beyond belief response will suit that agenda even more. Bizarrely, Mackay could end up being grateful that he sent those texts if it means some of the other speculations about his transfer conduct end up being smokescreened.

I suspect that the texts are being focused on by the media and will be investigated, but there is no way that the more 'important' financial stuff will get ignored. If nothing else, the other clubs will create a stink about it if they feel that the matter is being ignored.

The financial stuff though has been known about for months hasn't it? Don't understand why that is only now coming out if that's the case.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 12:07 - Aug 22 with 788 viewsjackonicko

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:58 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

Oh interesting! Lot of my work has always been US based (from a legal perspective) so I've always thought that the UK had less of a 'grab everything' culture and that there was more privacy. I guess it was always going to end up that way everywhere.

It's amazing really though that anyone any longer believes that any communication is really 'private' since it's all presumably held on databases somewhere and can be accessed if it needs to be. Same with texts and phone calls. We all need to revert back to meeting in person and assuming we're not being bugged :-)

The volumes seized are going up, but the powers have always been there.

One of the most prized weapons in cases like this is the Norwich Pharmacal order, which is derived from case law in 1974.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_Pharmacal_Order

This can compel innocent third parties to hand over documents and data even if they are innocently caught up in it. And these powers are granted in the civil courts, to lawyers, not to policemen. Very powerful weapon, that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024