Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear 22:58 - Aug 20 with 12974 viewsNeathJack

I know there's another thread on this so the mods may want to merge it but I thought this deserved a new thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investi
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 1180 viewsmonmouth

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 12:02 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

I suspect that the texts are being focused on by the media and will be investigated, but there is no way that the more 'important' financial stuff will get ignored. If nothing else, the other clubs will create a stink about it if they feel that the matter is being ignored.

The financial stuff though has been known about for months hasn't it? Don't understand why that is only now coming out if that's the case.

Hope you're right, but I think football has a vested interest in kicking these things into the long grass. Shady dealings are probably very widespread. I think Cardiff could get really burned here if they have been sat on any irregularities for any length of time, so have my own vested interest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 12:58 - Aug 22 with 1126 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28898540

More people dragged in to this crass stupidity

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:04 - Aug 22 with 1104 viewsUxbridge

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:45 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

I notice this morning that the LMA have had to apologise for their 'banter' comments.

Disgraceful conduct from them. Some of those texts etc left 'banter' so far behind it was unreal. there isn't a company in this country where someone sending that sort of stuff about work colleagues wouldn't be sacked on the spot.

Indeed. It's amazing how many people treat their work email/phones as they would personal correspondence. Daft. Although saying that anything you say personally could be brought back as well. Careful what you put online ladies and gents.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:27 - Aug 22 with 1054 viewsunion_jack

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:04 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

Indeed. It's amazing how many people treat their work email/phones as they would personal correspondence. Daft. Although saying that anything you say personally could be brought back as well. Careful what you put online ladies and gents.

And indeed their internet usage, all traceable.

How many on here now are wasting their employers' time on Planet Swans😱

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 1053 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:04 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

I find it more amazing that anyone in 2014 talks about other people in that way in the first place, whoever owns the phone or email account they are using, or whether they are just sitting in the pub for that matter.

I realise from this thread, and also from the comments of others (including Rednapp) that people obviously think that treating people disgracefully (or talking about them disgracefully) is seen as OK by some - I just don't understand it I'm afraid.

I remember having a row when we played Chelsea away the season before last. Some youngish lad in front of me started making monkey sounds at Ashley Cole (we were pretty near the front in the bottom tier) so I told him to stop (partly believing that he'd be unlikely to smack a woman in her 40s so was on relatively safe ground). He said that the reason he was doing it was because 'Ashley was a dick to Cheryl' - when I asked him how he thought Nathan Dyer would feel (who was over on that wing defending against Ashley Cole at the time), he said he hadn't thought about it - thick as pig sh*t I'm afraid, and that seems to go a long way up the ladder in football.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 1040 viewsUxbridge

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:28 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

I find it more amazing that anyone in 2014 talks about other people in that way in the first place, whoever owns the phone or email account they are using, or whether they are just sitting in the pub for that matter.

I realise from this thread, and also from the comments of others (including Rednapp) that people obviously think that treating people disgracefully (or talking about them disgracefully) is seen as OK by some - I just don't understand it I'm afraid.

I remember having a row when we played Chelsea away the season before last. Some youngish lad in front of me started making monkey sounds at Ashley Cole (we were pretty near the front in the bottom tier) so I told him to stop (partly believing that he'd be unlikely to smack a woman in her 40s so was on relatively safe ground). He said that the reason he was doing it was because 'Ashley was a dick to Cheryl' - when I asked him how he thought Nathan Dyer would feel (who was over on that wing defending against Ashley Cole at the time), he said he hadn't thought about it - thick as pig sh*t I'm afraid, and that seems to go a long way up the ladder in football.

I've heard worse than what Malky said in everyday life. Much worse. The slightly depressing reality is that a large proportion of the general population, including many who'll be there tomorrow, won't see the problem. It's not a football problem per se.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 16:46 - Aug 22 with 940 viewskeeponrockin

Hilarious

He isn't just a snake, he's a bloody gay snake.

What does that even mean?

haha
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 16:55]
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 17:41 - Aug 22 with 901 viewsThursday

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 16:46 - Aug 22 by keeponrockin

Hilarious

haha

It means that the snake is attracted to snakes of the same gender.
Login to get fewer ads

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 18:19 - Aug 22 with 860 viewsjackonicko

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 16:46 - Aug 22 by keeponrockin

Hilarious

haha

It sounds like the next M&S advertising strapline to me.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:31 - Aug 22 with 810 viewsTrundle10

let those without sin cast the first stone.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:35 - Aug 22 with 806 viewsDarran

Cardiff have more just as bad that haven't (yet) been released.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:38 - Aug 22 with 793 viewsmonmouth

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:35 - Aug 22 by Darran

Cardiff have more just as bad that haven't (yet) been released.

Splendid. Pantechnicon (or something spelt similar) of popcorn on order.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:39 - Aug 22 with 791 viewsperchrockjack

Verily I say unto thee the meek shall inherit feckall

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:39 - Aug 22 with 787 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:31 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

I've heard worse than what Malky said in everyday life. Much worse. The slightly depressing reality is that a large proportion of the general population, including many who'll be there tomorrow, won't see the problem. It's not a football problem per se.

so have I and I agree it's not a football problem. It's just depressing how utterly thick some people are.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 784 viewsDarran

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:38 - Aug 22 by monmouth

Splendid. Pantechnicon (or something spelt similar) of popcorn on order.

That's what the breaking news on BBC Wales news was anyway.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:42 - Aug 22 with 780 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:31 - Aug 22 by Trundle10

let those without sin cast the first stone.

sorry, but most people have surely not sent offensive texts or emails about work colleagues (or potential work colleagues). This is not 'usual' behaviour, it is pathetic.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 774 viewsJackfath

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:42 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

sorry, but most people have surely not sent offensive texts or emails about work colleagues (or potential work colleagues). This is not 'usual' behaviour, it is pathetic.

You know this how?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:47 - Aug 22 with 758 viewsexiledclaseboy

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:42 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

I'm not sure you're right there. If someone wanted to check my (private, non-work) phone and read through some of the texts in a bid to stitch me up, Malky style, I've no doubt I'd be a bit donald ducked.

Poll: Tory leader

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:47 - Aug 22 with 758 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:43 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

You know this how?

I said 'surely' - what exactly is your problem with that? It is a question - I'm sure that you can understand that?

I am in disbelief that people think this to be the sort of thing that 'most people' do. In any single company that I have worked for, he would, if he sent such messages, be sacked immediately - marched out, no time to do anything.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:49 - Aug 22 with 743 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:47 - Aug 22 by exiledclaseboy

I'm not sure you're right there. If someone wanted to check my (private, non-work) phone and read through some of the texts in a bid to stitch me up, Malky style, I've no doubt I'd be a bit donald ducked.

there is a difference between sending stuff that is better left private and the sort of stuff that Mackay has seemingly sent. I have never sent a racist or homophobic text in my life, on any text or email account.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:49 - Aug 22 with 741 viewsDarran

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:47 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

I said 'surely' - what exactly is your problem with that? It is a question - I'm sure that you can understand that?

I am in disbelief that people think this to be the sort of thing that 'most people' do. In any single company that I have worked for, he would, if he sent such messages, be sacked immediately - marched out, no time to do anything.

Stupid question here but did they retrieve these texts off the phones hard drive?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:52 - Aug 22 with 730 viewsmonmouth

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:47 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

This is true (if a complaint is made). As I said before though, I've worked in a few big companies where this is often part of the tone of conversation right from the top. It is changing a bit now I'm led to believe, but it's the residue of a heavily white male dominated culture. They just weren't dull enough to write it down.

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:53 - Aug 22 with 724 viewsJackfath

Perhaps they're all texting about you?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:53 - Aug 22 with 724 viewsNeath_Jack

I'd have said most people have.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:02 - Aug 22 with 683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:49 - Aug 22 by londonlisa2001

there is a difference between sending stuff that is better left private and the sort of stuff that Mackay has seemingly sent. I have never sent a racist or homophobic text in my life, on any text or email account.

I have, by text for definite. I'm more careful about what I put in an email. And I'm not a racist or homophobe. But sometimes you say things to your mates which you mean in a jokey way that could be misconstrued. I'm not saying that's what happened in Malky's case but I think many if not most of us if asked to explain some text messages between friends and/or family may struggle to explain some things away.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024