Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear 22:58 - Aug 20 with 12973 viewsNeathJack

I know there's another thread on this so the mods may want to merge it but I thought this deserved a new thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2730307/Malky-Mackay-Iain-Moody-investi
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:05 - Aug 22 with 1303 viewsacejack3065

Cardiff fans speculating on apparent further revelations due to be revealed. Its all getting a bit weird but there's never a dull moment with them, fair play.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146265
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 1285 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:05 - Aug 22 by acejack3065

Cardiff fans speculating on apparent further revelations due to be revealed. Its all getting a bit weird but there's never a dull moment with them, fair play.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146265

Consider the source though.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:15 - Aug 22 with 1272 viewsacejack3065

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:12 - Aug 22 by reddythered

Consider the source though.

I didn't consider any of it to be true. I was just commenting on your lot speculating about bribes and Malky. It genuinely never is dull with you lot.

I wouldn't want to be so libellous to say that malky was taking bungs but there are some questions that he and Moody need to answer with regards to your financial transactions.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:18 - Aug 22 with 1255 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The main lesson here is: don't f*ck with Vincent Tan.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:20 - Aug 22 with 1243 viewsexiledclaseboy

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:18 - Aug 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Aye, I said that to my mate yesterday (in a rare non-racist and non-homophobic text message). Don't cross the boss.

Poll: Tory leader

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:22 - Aug 22 with 1228 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:23 - Aug 22 with 1223 viewsacejack3065

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:18 - Aug 22 by FearOfAJackPlanet

To quote Malcolm Tucker

"He'll f**k you harder than Ron Jeremy and with less warmth."
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:45 - Aug 22 with 1176 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 20:53 - Aug 22 by Jackfath

Perhaps they're all texting about you?

You're funny aren't you?

I'm sure we can all sleep easy knowing that the education of future generations lies in your safe hands.
Login to get fewer ads

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 21:46 - Aug 22 with 1171 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I don't know about anyone else, but a significant amount of my private text/email correspondence among friends resembles a particularly crude script from The Inbetweeners....and would no doubt include tremendous amounts of stuff that would have me paraded before the nation as a racist homophobe if I were a celebrity.

...I guess the issue here is if these texts were sent on official CCFC phone/email accounts, and if so...foolish, but...this is football, a bit of a wild west culture at the most professional of times.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:49 - Aug 22 with 1109 viewsicecoldjack

Im not sure if im more shocked by the content of the texts or the fact that they have taken private messages and put it out to the public . Its all very 1984 in one respect.

Im not racist and have a girlfriend who is of a different culture/colour . We both love the TV show Dexter, when im driving with my girl in the passenger seat i often refer to her/call her my "dark passenger" a reference from the TV show, which is an innocent and funny joke..to us. Is that racist ?

Is it not racist as its an in joke that we both part take in ? where are the lines drawn ?

Id love somebody to tell me what is acceptable and what isn't because what is deemed as being racist to some people isn't to others.

Im not directing this directly at Malky and co but its a subject where the lines are sometimes blurred, judging by what has been said by malky that would make me a racist too,but im with a woman who is coloured so how can i be racist ?

Im not defending anything here im just saying that does any fooker know where the line is ?

Its a total minefield.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 00:05 - Aug 23 with 1025 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 22:49 - Aug 22 by icecoldjack

Im not sure if im more shocked by the content of the texts or the fact that they have taken private messages and put it out to the public . Its all very 1984 in one respect.

Im not racist and have a girlfriend who is of a different culture/colour . We both love the TV show Dexter, when im driving with my girl in the passenger seat i often refer to her/call her my "dark passenger" a reference from the TV show, which is an innocent and funny joke..to us. Is that racist ?

Is it not racist as its an in joke that we both part take in ? where are the lines drawn ?

Id love somebody to tell me what is acceptable and what isn't because what is deemed as being racist to some people isn't to others.

Im not directing this directly at Malky and co but its a subject where the lines are sometimes blurred, judging by what has been said by malky that would make me a racist too,but im with a woman who is coloured so how can i be racist ?

Im not defending anything here im just saying that does any fooker know where the line is ?

Its a total minefield.

in my opinion, and it's obviously just one opinion, the issue is one of intent. If someone is having a laugh with someone else who is equally part of the laugh, then no one is getting offended by it. In other cases, where someone is being clearly offensive and is using colour or gender or religion or sexual orientation as part of that intended offensiveness, then it's wrong.

A fairly good measure would surely be would you say it to their face and if you did would the other person be offended by it? In the case you describe, two people are sharing a joke. In the case of those texts, if genuine, then you can bet that the sender would never had said those things to the people he was talking about, or if he did, they would be genuinely and rightfully offended.

I don't see these things as 'politically correct'. I see it as a matter of courtesy and respect. Why on earth would someone try to be disrespectful to someone else, whether a colleague, acquaintance or someone they didn't know? Why try to hurt people in that way? It's not politically correct to treat people well and as you'd want to be treated, it's basic good manners. That's a completely different thing to having a laugh with someone.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 08:54 - Aug 23 with 934 viewsUxbridge

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 00:05 - Aug 23 by londonlisa2001

in my opinion, and it's obviously just one opinion, the issue is one of intent. If someone is having a laugh with someone else who is equally part of the laugh, then no one is getting offended by it. In other cases, where someone is being clearly offensive and is using colour or gender or religion or sexual orientation as part of that intended offensiveness, then it's wrong.

A fairly good measure would surely be would you say it to their face and if you did would the other person be offended by it? In the case you describe, two people are sharing a joke. In the case of those texts, if genuine, then you can bet that the sender would never had said those things to the people he was talking about, or if he did, they would be genuinely and rightfully offended.

I don't see these things as 'politically correct'. I see it as a matter of courtesy and respect. Why on earth would someone try to be disrespectful to someone else, whether a colleague, acquaintance or someone they didn't know? Why try to hurt people in that way? It's not politically correct to treat people well and as you'd want to be treated, it's basic good manners. That's a completely different thing to having a laugh with someone.

Isn't there an inherent conflict between the two parts of your first para? Both apply equally here.

Dodgy ground. I just think he's monumentally stupid.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 09:00 - Aug 23 with 926 viewsRancid

If Malky says I put a wink smiley at the end of each text then there's his way out of all this.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 11:46 - Aug 23 with 864 viewsacejack3065

Context plays an important part in what can be perceived to be racist or not. Context can turn something from a joke into something deeply offensive.

Considering the context of Malky's comments, emails and texts, I'd still say hes f**ked because some of what he's said is pretty hard to play off as "Banter" (cringe).
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:32 - Aug 23 with 829 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 09:00 - Aug 23 by Rancid

If Malky says I put a wink smiley at the end of each text then there's his way out of all this.

I bet you believe if you put "allegedly" in libellous statements they are no longer libellous, eh?

You might want to ask Sally Bercow about the whole smiley thing.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 815 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 08:54 - Aug 23 by Uxbridge

Isn't there an inherent conflict between the two parts of your first para? Both apply equally here.

Dodgy ground. I just think he's monumentally stupid.

well no, because the '2 people sharing a laugh' doesn't refer to 2 Klan wannabees finding each other's racism hilarious. I was referring to the example, where the person being referred to is part of the laugh themselves.

I agree with the stupidity bit - most racists are and the ones that aren't rely on the stupid to follow them.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:54 - Aug 23 with 792 viewsRancid

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:32 - Aug 23 by reddythered

I bet you believe if you put "allegedly" in libellous statements they are no longer libellous, eh?

You might want to ask Sally Bercow about the whole smiley thing.

I was looking at ways of Makay getting off these evil accusations.It would be such a shame for your greatest ever manager being remembered for this rather than getting you into the big league for the first time in 50 odd years.That would be a travesty.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:59 - Aug 23 with 781 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:54 - Aug 23 by Rancid

I was looking at ways of Makay getting off these evil accusations.It would be such a shame for your greatest ever manager being remembered for this rather than getting you into the big league for the first time in 50 odd years.That would be a travesty.

So you're saying the accusations are "evil"?

Do you think the world should ignore racism due to a club getting promoted? Do you not think that indicates the problem with football?
I can just see it... "boy that striker banging them in, great performance - especially since his vision impaired by that KKK headsheet".

If true, this text in the email is particulaly damaging.

"A week later came another illuminating exchange, offering what appears to be a startling observation about Mackay. At the time, Mackay was concerned that a player they were pursuing had been linked with a rival club. He relayed his feelings to Moody, who replied: ‘He told me he had an offer to go there but will never accept because the manager is a racist. Thankfully he hasn’t met you.’"
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 14:00]

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 14:06 - Aug 23 with 769 viewsRancid

Are you ok? Your blood pressure must be going through the ceilings as you're appearing to be very annoyed.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 14:09 - Aug 23 with 765 viewslondonlisa2001

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 13:59 - Aug 23 by reddythered

So you're saying the accusations are "evil"?

Do you think the world should ignore racism due to a club getting promoted? Do you not think that indicates the problem with football?
I can just see it... "boy that striker banging them in, great performance - especially since his vision impaired by that KKK headsheet".

If true, this text in the email is particulaly damaging.

"A week later came another illuminating exchange, offering what appears to be a startling observation about Mackay. At the time, Mackay was concerned that a player they were pursuing had been linked with a rival club. He relayed his feelings to Moody, who replied: ‘He told me he had an offer to go there but will never accept because the manager is a racist. Thankfully he hasn’t met you.’"
[Post edited 23 Aug 2014 14:00]

It's pointless Reddy - too many people still believe that there is nothing really wrong with being racist or homophobic or anti semitic and that people who do believe it to be wrong are just 'politically correct nutters'.

It's all just a bit of a laugh isn't it?? Until someone gets violently assaulted or worse for being black or gay or jewish, but that's not the problem of the casual, everyday, have a bit of banter racist is it, no, not at all.
Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 735 viewsreddythered

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 14:06 - Aug 23 by Rancid

Are you ok? Your blood pressure must be going through the ceilings as you're appearing to be very annoyed.

So you think racism is excusable if you win promotion, is that correct?

Silly me for thinking those condoning racism may just be racist themselves...

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 16:58 - Aug 23 with 710 viewsRancid

Manky Mackay, Iain Moody & Cardiff City: Oh dear on 15:23 - Aug 23 by reddythered

So you think racism is excusable if you win promotion, is that correct?

Silly me for thinking those condoning racism may just be racist themselves...

Where have I said that? You need to cool your boots as you're suggesting I'm a racist now.Read back you babbling bucket of monkey spunk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024