Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) 21:46 - Sep 19 with 16537 viewsPlazex

Vs

Just had to. (Pics will be here in a min.)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 22:16]

Poll: Where will we finish?

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 13:29 - Sep 21 with 815 viewsDarran

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 13:28 - Sep 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yes I stand by what I said.

If Wayne was more street wise it'd have been 10 v 10. He jumped so high that little to no contact was made, despite it being a dangerous tackle. I can see why he didn't give a yellow but if Wayne had rolled around a bit then Fonte would have been off.

Hopefully we learn from that. 3 points at the end of the season could mean the difference between a couple of places.

I wasn't talking to you it was to everyone else mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 13:35 - Sep 21 with 805 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 13:29 - Sep 21 by Darran

I wasn't talking to you it was to everyone else mun.

I just got awoken by someone hence I'm still dazed. I'm not sure why you quoted me. I'll be back once I'm fully awake.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 13:41 - Sep 21 with 797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:42 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

It's almost impossible with a good passing team like southampton to avoid conceding possession in those circumstances though. And I also imagine that Monk wanted to keep Gomis fresh for Tuesday (since I think he will take the cup seriously).

Until their goal they actually created little in the way of clear cut chances - we held our shape very well. Even their goal was far less of a chance that Routs missed in the first half. Small margins in this league though - if that had gone in, then I think we'd have been on our way to another win.

I agree with this. If we had put another striker on he would have been isolated as it was obvious Southampton would now get the lions share of possession.
I think we tried to play without a striker by keeping our shape and trying to get a chance on the break. Chances were few and far between for us but we were doing a decent job of restricting their opportunities. It very nearly paid off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 14:01 - Sep 21 with 771 viewsperchrockjack

Think people also foget that Bony is a big strong man and if he runs into you it looks worse than say a foul by Leon or Dyer.

It was always a version of the spear tackle in rugby although only one player

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:40 - Sep 21 with 749 viewscurleigh

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 00:41 - Sep 21 by Treforys_Jack

It was a little puzzling why Gomis wasn't brought on today, thought we were crying out for someone to hold the ball up. Some said earlier Siggy was pushed up front for his mobility, well from what I've seen of Gomis, he is definitely mobile and would of done a far better job. Maybe though he is not fit or got a minor knock and Garry knew he has to play on Tuesday. Who knows, just thought it was a bit of a no brainer.

Absolutely agree, someone said earlier Gomis is not mobile, he obviously havn't seen him play, he would have given their backs something to think about, i agree Siggy has a good engine, then maybe JJS should have made way for Gomis and dropped siggyback.
Just opinions not criticism, but i remember going down 10 men against Sunderland when Chico was sent off we murdered them to the chants of we only got 10 men, I think Leon played that game though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024