Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) 21:46 - Sep 19 with 16570 viewsPlazex

Vs

Just had to. (Pics will be here in a min.)
[Post edited 19 Sep 2014 22:16]

Poll: Where will we finish?

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:47 - Sep 20 with 1912 viewspremierjack

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:43 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you disagree?

What was the point of leaving Siggy on? He hasn't had a touch. I don't think we've been in their box.

It's terrible and shows a lack of faith in his team.

Shut up you knob.... This has nothing to do with the ten men on the pitch or the manager! Your nothing but an attention seeking little troll.
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:48 - Sep 20 with 1892 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh would you look at that, we show a bit of courage and we're suddenly causing problems.

What a dreadful second half.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:48 - Sep 20 with 1893 viewsShaky

WTF is Ash doing there?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:49 - Sep 20 with 1876 viewsperchrockjack

What should we do Dwight?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:49 - Sep 20 with 1869 viewsZut_Alors

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:48 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh would you look at that, we show a bit of courage and we're suddenly causing problems.

What a dreadful second half.

Play much football yourself, Dwight?
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:50 - Sep 20 with 1845 viewsQuakerJack

You can't blame Monk for believing in his plan at 10 men and getting it wrong. Nor can you blame the players who missed the chances in the first half. You can, however, blame the dip stick striker who got himself sent off.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:51 - Sep 20 with 1803 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:49 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

What should we do Dwight?

I thought we should have brought Gomis on to at least try and hold it up, allowing Monterro and Wayne to catch up and counter.

Instead we sat back and accepted we're not going to win today.

So just to clarify we can now add 'When we get a man sent off' to the list of circumstances when it's acceptable to give up and think we're not good enough to win. That and when we're playing any team in the 'big 7'.

Small club mentality shines through again. If you seriously think we couldn't have done better this half then I don't know what you're watching.

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:52 - Sep 20 with 1796 viewsperchrockjack

well I might be wrong but it looked as if we were defending manfully with a man down against a very good team.
I may be wrong and you may well be right so what do we do?

Dump the new players who disappoint you?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:54 - Sep 20 with 1738 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:52 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

well I might be wrong but it looked as if we were defending manfully with a man down against a very good team.
I may be wrong and you may well be right so what do we do?

Dump the new players who disappoint you?

Why are you talking about dumping players? You're overreacting as badly as the rest.

I'm simply saying our approach to this second half was embarrassing and showed a lack of belief in the players on the field.

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:54 - Sep 20 with 1724 viewsepaul

Gutted. If we'd have had 11 on pitch all game no way would we have lost, not saying we would have won, but we wouldn't have lost. Bony will know he's royally f*cked up today,

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:54 - Sep 20 with 1724 viewsShaky

Well a somewhat flattering scoreline in the end, but we were always going to have trouble beating that handicap.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:55 - Sep 20 with 1689 viewsperchrockjack

Now now son, I was of course being sarcastic and ironic.

As I was asking, what should we (you) do. Im rather upset see and don't normally have reasonable discussion at this time

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 1638 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'll be back later this evening when emotions have died down and people realise that hang on, maybe if we showed a bit more courage we could have still got something today instead of accepting defeat the moment we went a man down.

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 1620 viewsJackoBoostardo

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:54 - Sep 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why are you talking about dumping players? You're overreacting as badly as the rest.

I'm simply saying our approach to this second half was embarrassing and showed a lack of belief in the players on the field.

Says Captain Overreaction

We're a man (striker) down against a very attack orientated team. They pulled out all the guns in the second half. If we were as crap as you make out - why wasn't it 0-2 (or more similar to Newcastle who maintained all 11 men btw!).

Just do one Dwight! You're embarrassing.

Person to blame mainly was Bony for the second rash tackle. Southampton not receiving yellows though for most of their tackles just takes the p1ss.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 16:58]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:59 - Sep 20 with 1574 viewsblaine_scfc

To be fair to Dwight, we didn't get a touch of the ball second half, going down to ten men makes it difficult but we went on the major defensive and had to soak serious pressure up from the moment the red card was shown. Monk will learn a lot from that hopefully
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:00 - Sep 20 with 1561 viewsperchrockjack

sorry Dwight ,calming down until later wont work.
We didn't lack courage, we have the players, we carry on, we dig in and hopefully in future get a referee tha tis fair to both sides

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:01 - Sep 20 with 1548 viewsJackFish

Gomis should have been on by 55 mins, Gylfi couldn't hold the ball up at all and it was coming straight back every time. Only a matter of time until they scored playing like that.

Fonte didn't make any contact because Routs had to jump ten foot in the air to avoid him. Clear second yellow and Ward-Prowse should have had one for his tackle from behind too.
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:02 - Sep 20 with 1514 viewsphact0rri

I still say Monk really needs to quit this "keep with the plan no matter what happens" bullox. There are times like this evening when you might want to shuffle around and try to fix problems on the pitch. I'm not anywhere near a football academic, but forgoing a forward to keep the midfield intact seemed to be rather criminal. I suppose if we had a DM fit this would have been less a problem in sacrificing one of those bodies and not completely destroy our relay.

Oh well there's another match on tuesday then another on the next weekend. so onwards and upwards.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:03 - Sep 20 with 1505 viewsperchrockjack

So Dwight I ll ask again.

What should we do NOW

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:06 - Sep 20 with 1444 viewsepaul

Oh well slightest crumb of comfort scum spunked a 2 goal lead

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:09 - Sep 20 with 1418 viewsbargoedjack

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 16:57 - Sep 20 by JackoBoostardo

Says Captain Overreaction

We're a man (striker) down against a very attack orientated team. They pulled out all the guns in the second half. If we were as crap as you make out - why wasn't it 0-2 (or more similar to Newcastle who maintained all 11 men btw!).

Just do one Dwight! You're embarrassing.

Person to blame mainly was Bony for the second rash tackle. Southampton not receiving yellows though for most of their tackles just takes the p1ss.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 16:58]

Blame - not into it much, but yes Bony can take some of it but I'd put it more at the ref's door.

We were right to park the bus - our problem was that we had no counter attack threat - Montero's pace didn't work - maybe cos the other team didn't throw everything forward. THough the strategy might have had a chance the closer we got to the final whistle if it had stayed goal-less.

I think the ref was right to send Wilf off, but what I can't understand or accept is how did Fonte stay on the pitch after diving in out of control five minutes later?? And why wasn't Ward-Prowse booked for a carbon copy of Wilf's second Yellow? Ref takes the blame award this week.

I do agree with Dwight (a rarity) that Gomis should have come on at some point in the second half - I thought around the 70/75 minute mark would have been right ... the ball wasn't sticking when it went forward at all - we saw Bafe squirting through two defenders a few time and he'd also have asked more questions of Fonte, who if pushed around wasn't far off a second yellow ...

I'd have then brought Emnes on for Routs after we went behind.

We'd have probably still lost though - just would have given us a better chance at a result.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:13]
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:10 - Sep 20 with 1402 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Gomis really should have come on instead of Emnes. He didn't do anything. At least Gomis could have help up the ball.

Come on you Swans.

Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:10 - Sep 20 with 1395 viewsicecoldjack

10 Hero's out there today, gutted for the players but nice to see us fighting hard.

Agree about Ki, always comes across as nothing special but is starting to justify his transfer fee now.

I was suprised to see Monk keep siggy up top, i thought that was a mistake, surely it was better to get Gomis on the field up top to try and win us some ball .

Thats the only gripe but its a tiny one and we cant blame anyone except Bony for losing those points today.

Two moments of madness from wilf cost us, he leart a harsh lesson today .
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:10 - Sep 20 with 1395 viewshooplehead

i agree with dwight

going down to 10 men needn't have handed them 80% second half possession

would have been very difficult whatever we tried
but we were always very likely to concede by letting them have their way with it

we should have kept them honest
could have sprung something on the break

i'm a bit annoyed about the way we went about it

not as annoyed as i am about bony mind

also taylor...he annoys me and i dislike him ever touching the ball

super first half with 11 on the field though
Swansea v Southampton Matchday Thread (With pictures.) on 17:12 - Sep 20 with 1357 viewsperchrockjack

On the hand if we d hung on it would be somewhat different.

Gomis might well have been utterly isolated and Monk seems to have decided to keep the middle solid and choke them as other teams would have done.

Still, its hardly disgraceful in any way shape of form

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024