Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 08:57 - Feb 5 with 19277 viewsdgt73

Very selfish of him imo to endanger and put other people's lives at risk, all because he wanted to end his own life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Clarke Carlisle on 09:00 - Feb 5 with 3695 viewsTheFranchise

Unless you know the nature of the beast, you don't know what it's capable of.
Clarke Carlisle on 09:02 - Feb 5 with 3690 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:00 - Feb 5 by TheFranchise

Unless you know the nature of the beast, you don't know what it's capable of.

Regardless. He could have killed other people, possibly many people.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:04 - Feb 5 with 3680 viewsepaul

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/05/ex-footballer-talks-about-trying-to-kill-himself-a

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skfskk

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Clarke Carlisle on 09:05 - Feb 5 with 3675 viewsTrundle10

What are your views on Auschwitz? Jesus wept
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 9:23]
Clarke Carlisle on 09:22 - Feb 5 with 3607 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:05 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

Never heard of that word. What is it.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:30 - Feb 5 with 3575 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 09:22 - Feb 5 by dgt73

Never heard of that word. What is it.

The holocaust, what are your views on that? You have trivialised racism in a previous thread. You have displayed your ignorance on mental health in this thread. Whats next? Handicapped children perhaps?
Clarke Carlisle on 09:38 - Feb 5 with 3542 viewsdickythorpe

To deny the Holocaust is a criminal offence - it is the second time the OP has been told in recent weeks.
Clarke Carlisle on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 3534 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:30 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

The holocaust, what are your views on that? You have trivialised racism in a previous thread. You have displayed your ignorance on mental health in this thread. Whats next? Handicapped children perhaps?

The people i feel sorry for are those that could have been injured/ killed by CC actions and what that has to do with the Holocaust or racism is beyond me.

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 3534 viewsnantywatcher

Dgt you should be ashamed of yourself - maybe you should spend ten minutes with someone with mental health issues before posting rubbish like this. CC always comes across as extremely intelligent,caring and knowledgeable. I would imagine it eats him up the thought that someone could have been hurt through his actions, but in the maelstrom of his mental difficulties it seems pretty obvious at that point in time he could make no sense of everything in his life.
Clarke Carlisle on 09:40 - Feb 5 with 3527 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:05 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

Nice bit of editing there.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:42 - Feb 5 with 3513 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:39 - Feb 5 by nantywatcher

Dgt you should be ashamed of yourself - maybe you should spend ten minutes with someone with mental health issues before posting rubbish like this. CC always comes across as extremely intelligent,caring and knowledgeable. I would imagine it eats him up the thought that someone could have been hurt through his actions, but in the maelstrom of his mental difficulties it seems pretty obvious at that point in time he could make no sense of everything in his life.

And maybe you should sit in the cab of a lorry when someone does this sort of thing.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:43 - Feb 5 with 3509 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 09:39 - Feb 5 by dgt73

The people i feel sorry for are those that could have been injured/ killed by CC actions and what that has to do with the Holocaust or racism is beyond me.

It all paints a picture my friend.
Clarke Carlisle on 09:43 - Feb 5 with 3505 viewsperchrockjack

Something can happen in anyone s life that can make the mind set change in an instant and suicide is an option.

Its great to be ale to dismiss it as a selfish act..

Its also rather challenging when you are first on the scene and have to deal with all the issues.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Clarke Carlisle on 09:45 - Feb 5 with 3503 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:38 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

To deny the Holocaust is a criminal offence - it is the second time the OP has been told in recent weeks.

What are you talking about. I have not denied anything and have said it was very sad what happened in those camps. Holocaust denial is not a criminal offence in the UK.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:54 - Feb 5 with 3473 viewsjacabertawe

Clarke Carlisle on 09:45 - Feb 5 by dgt73

What are you talking about. I have not denied anything and have said it was very sad what happened in those camps. Holocaust denial is not a criminal offence in the UK.

"..very sad": how magnanimous of you.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Clarke Carlisle on 09:56 - Feb 5 with 3458 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 09:54 - Feb 5 by jacabertawe

"..very sad": how magnanimous of you.

Again what are you talking about. I have said it was very sad what happened in these camps and many people suffered no doubt, but this thread is not about the Holocaust.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:59 - Feb 5 with 3446 viewsdgt73

So basically any behaviour can be excused if the person is suffering from mental issues ????

Clarke Carlisle on 10:01 - Feb 5 with 3438 viewsdickythorpe

Clarke Carlisle on 09:45 - Feb 5 by dgt73

EU law can be implemented in the UK regarding Holocaust denial.

Stop your bile dgt73
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 10:01]
Clarke Carlisle on 10:03 - Feb 5 with 3421 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2008/10/does-britain-have-a-holocaust-denial-la
Clarke Carlisle on 10:17 - Feb 5 with 3354 viewsBloodyhills

Unless you've been that depressed you have no clue.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Clarke Carlisle on 10:21 - Feb 5 with 3324 viewsdcd14

On the 11 October 2011, Carlisle was banned from driving for 1 year 8 months and fined £2,365 (plus £135 cost and £15 victim surcharge) after pleading guilty of drink driving at Bury Magistrates Court

On 30 December 2014, It was announced that Carlisle was charged with a drink-driving offence on 20 December 2014. He was due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on 20 January 2015.
Clarke Carlisle on 10:22 - Feb 5 with 3320 viewsmonmouth

Always tricky and complex this one isn't it? Certainly too difficult to be black/white which probably rules the OP out. His sentiment is surely right though.....there are ways to kill yourself that don't harm other people.......but, that assumes the ability to make a rational choice.

However, if he had taken an axe to his family and then killed himself (another clear form of mental illness) would we be equally 'understanding'...?

It's just impossible to have a defined view, as we are not simply good or bad, but sometimes words aren't enough. After all, by definition given the unspeakable horrors and unforgivable acts that they carried out, weren't the Nazi perpetrators also 'mentally ill' by any rational human definition?

We can also change personality from 'good' to 'evil' by a simple blow to the head, so how much control does anyone really have over what they do. So what can and can't be 'blamed' is a fascinating and lengthy topic in itself. Anyone interested in this stuff, have a look at David Eagleman's book 'Incognito'.

Mind you, I often think this board is a decent empirical study in mental health, and yes, I am wishing I'd never started this post now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clarke Carlisle on 10:22 - Feb 5 with 3317 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 10:01 - Feb 5 by dickythorpe

EU law can be implemented in the UK regarding Holocaust denial.

Stop your bile dgt73
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 10:01]

The German government tried to extradite someone from the UK in 2008 and were unsuccessful and the case was thrown out by the highest court in the UK.

Clarke Carlisle on 10:30 - Feb 5 with 3277 viewspencoedjack

Although DGT has been a little direct I also believe Carlise is a selfish individual.

Yes he takes his pain away but who will take the pain away for his 3 kids wife Mam & Dad.

Sorry seek help ..... I'm sure there are people who lose their jobs/ careers (which he states in the interview as a reason)and go to far darker places than an ex footballer.

Bringing Auschwitz into this thread is somewhat embarrassing.
Clarke Carlisle on 10:35 - Feb 5 with 3263 viewsDarran

Poor thread again involving dgt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024