Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 08:57 - Feb 5 with 19279 viewsdgt73

Very selfish of him imo to endanger and put other people's lives at risk, all because he wanted to end his own life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Clarke Carlisle on 10:39 - Feb 5 with 1782 viewsmonmouth

Clarke Carlisle on 10:35 - Feb 5 by Darran

Poor thread again involving dgt.

Just wait. Gary Speed will be involved soon.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clarke Carlisle on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 1764 viewsicecoldjack

Cant quite believe the ignorance of the OP .

If the guy was thinking like a normal person leaving his wife,kids without a husband/father and hurting innocent people would be the last thing on his mind.

The guy has serious problems and i hope he gets the help he needs, amazing how inthis day ajd age people still have no clue about mental health issues.
Clarke Carlisle on 10:51 - Feb 5 with 1740 viewsItchySphincter

dgt73 has form, it's his ' thing' and he's good at it. Tragic all round - the mental health issue and that innocent bystanders could be hurt although in this case it's irrelevant.

Where's Hitman when you need him?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Clarke Carlisle on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 1720 viewsLeonisGod

Clarke Carlisle on 10:35 - Feb 5 by Darran

Poor thread again involving dgt.

On the contrary, a very good one as shown by the responses already.

The OP makes half of a good point imo; of course his actions were selfish. But the issue shouldn't be polarised either. It's possible to acknowledge that Clarke wasn't thinking for the safety of others, whilst at the same time empathising with him for what he is going through. People with these sorts of problems don't think of others, and they don't value themselves either which is the problem. They need all the support they can get.

So selfish? Yes. Deserving of criticism for being selfish? No. He's deserving of support and understanding.
Clarke Carlisle on 11:03 - Feb 5 with 1713 viewsItchySphincter

Clarke Carlisle on 11:00 - Feb 5 by LeonisGod

On the contrary, a very good one as shown by the responses already.

The OP makes half of a good point imo; of course his actions were selfish. But the issue shouldn't be polarised either. It's possible to acknowledge that Clarke wasn't thinking for the safety of others, whilst at the same time empathising with him for what he is going through. People with these sorts of problems don't think of others, and they don't value themselves either which is the problem. They need all the support they can get.

So selfish? Yes. Deserving of criticism for being selfish? No. He's deserving of support and understanding.

Fair assessment.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Clarke Carlisle on 11:05 - Feb 5 with 1708 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 10:30 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Although DGT has been a little direct I also believe Carlise is a selfish individual.

Yes he takes his pain away but who will take the pain away for his 3 kids wife Mam & Dad.

Sorry seek help ..... I'm sure there are people who lose their jobs/ careers (which he states in the interview as a reason)and go to far darker places than an ex footballer.

Bringing Auschwitz into this thread is somewhat embarrassing.

Racism and Auschwitz was brought up to illustrate how ignorant the op is. So very relevant. As an aside, the content of your post also prove you have no comprehension or understanding of depression or mental health.
Clarke Carlisle on 11:12 - Feb 5 with 1685 viewsLeonisGod

Clarke Carlisle on 11:03 - Feb 5 by ItchySphincter

Fair assessment.

Ta. I know bugger all about mental health issues, but I can't see how the accusatory tweets of that actor can help anyone. Raises his Twitter profile though.
Clarke Carlisle on 13:20 - Feb 5 with 1587 viewsperchrockjack

Nobody asks to be conceived and brought into the world.
Sadly, some find the stresses and disappointments too much and decide to take decisive action to end it.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 13:54 - Feb 5 with 1546 viewsjacksfullaces

analysing mental health by your own logic and standards is nigh on impossible.

had someone who worked for me for a while who was clearly struggling to get into work, cope with interacting with people, and effectively not doing their job. we kept her on for years as we empathised with her subjectively; objectively people would have regarded her as lazy, and inept and 1-2 called her this.

the same with this guy - you analyse his actions by your own standards and thought processes and it can be seen as selfish. presumably he wouldn't see it that way such was the way his mind was programmed at the time.

the politically correct answer in both cases is to show sympathy and empathy. the helpful suggestion is to insist they seek help. the ignorant answer is to label their illness as a negative characteristic

Whether all people with this illness can be trul 'helped' though, I have my doubts.
Clarke Carlisle on 15:29 - Feb 5 with 1476 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 09:30 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

The holocaust, what are your views on that? You have trivialised racism in a previous thread. You have displayed your ignorance on mental health in this thread. Whats next? Handicapped children perhaps?

No fck it, let's go straight for killing elderly people who cant run quick enough.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Clarke Carlisle on 15:31 - Feb 5 with 1473 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 09:59 - Feb 5 by dgt73

So basically any behaviour can be excused if the person is suffering from mental issues ????

Yes, in law that is perfectly correct.

Clarke Carlisle on 16:03 - Feb 5 with 1441 viewsswan_si

The thing with suicide is, life insurance companies don't pay out for suicides, but an accident, that's a different matter.
Clarke Carlisle on 16:08 - Feb 5 with 1431 viewsPonderosa

Everyone's a f*cking expert on this site, aren't they? F*cks sake

Bring The Missus

Clarke Carlisle on 16:14 - Feb 5 with 1418 viewsLohengrin

Clarke Carlisle on 15:31 - Feb 5 by ScoobyWho

Yes, in law that is perfectly correct.

To mitigate is not to excuse.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Clarke Carlisle on 16:17 - Feb 5 with 1408 viewsWarwickHunt

Clarke Carlisle on 15:29 - Feb 5 by ScoobyWho

No fck it, let's go straight for killing elderly people who cant run quick enough.

Bit harsh on Rangel there.
Clarke Carlisle on 16:26 - Feb 5 with 1370 viewsskippyjack

DGT is correct.. he did plan it all.. he didn't think of the consequences it could've had.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Clarke Carlisle on 16:45 - Feb 5 with 1339 viewsskippyjack

So many hypocrites in this thread

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Clarke Carlisle on 16:57 - Feb 5 with 1314 viewsDafyddHuw

Clarke Carlisle on 09:54 - Feb 5 by jacabertawe

"..very sad": how magnanimous of you.

Think magnanimous has too many syllables for him.
Clarke Carlisle on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 1284 viewsTheFranchise

Clarke Carlisle on 13:54 - Feb 5 by jacksfullaces

analysing mental health by your own logic and standards is nigh on impossible.

had someone who worked for me for a while who was clearly struggling to get into work, cope with interacting with people, and effectively not doing their job. we kept her on for years as we empathised with her subjectively; objectively people would have regarded her as lazy, and inept and 1-2 called her this.

the same with this guy - you analyse his actions by your own standards and thought processes and it can be seen as selfish. presumably he wouldn't see it that way such was the way his mind was programmed at the time.

the politically correct answer in both cases is to show sympathy and empathy. the helpful suggestion is to insist they seek help. the ignorant answer is to label their illness as a negative characteristic

Whether all people with this illness can be trul 'helped' though, I have my doubts.

Until you live with it or know someone close who has mental health problems, you don't realise who bad it can be.

I can't really blame the OP for thinking the way he does, until more people talk about it openly then ignorance will prevail.

It can appear selfish to those without the knowledge of it but that's a rational mind's way of looking at things. People with clinical depression or anxiety disorders don't have the mindset to look at life rationally.

I have spoken on this in a thread on the misc board which was very positive in the past, I have no issues talking about it as most people would be surprised how many have difficulties.
Clarke Carlisle on 18:22 - Feb 5 with 1230 viewsKilkennyjack

Clarke Carlisle has an illness. It is very sad, he seems a top bloke to me.

Beware of the Risen People

Clarke Carlisle on 18:32 - Feb 5 with 1212 viewsDr_Winston

The demons that drive people to attempt suicide make labels like "selfish" unsuitable, but dragging some other poor bastard into it wasn't the best of moves on Carlisle's part.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clarke Carlisle on 18:33 - Feb 5 with 1209 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 10:30 - Feb 5 by pencoedjack

Although DGT has been a little direct I also believe Carlise is a selfish individual.

Yes he takes his pain away but who will take the pain away for his 3 kids wife Mam & Dad.

Sorry seek help ..... I'm sure there are people who lose their jobs/ careers (which he states in the interview as a reason)and go to far darker places than an ex footballer.

Bringing Auschwitz into this thread is somewhat embarrassing.

Ex professional footballer? what has he got to be depressed about eh?
Clarke Carlisle on 18:35 - Feb 5 with 1203 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 18:32 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

The demons that drive people to attempt suicide make labels like "selfish" unsuitable, but dragging some other poor bastard into it wasn't the best of moves on Carlisle's part.

Coming from someone speaking sanely and rationally then that is spot on. the trouble is tho Carlisle was not functioning in this way.
Clarke Carlisle on 18:36 - Feb 5 with 1201 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 16:14 - Feb 5 by Lohengrin

To mitigate is not to excuse.

Ah no, but in mitigation the sentencing is exchanged for hospital treatment in cases where it is proven the person was suffering - which was my point,

Clarke Carlisle on 18:40 - Feb 5 with 1194 viewsBorojack

Poor is not the word I would use
I cannot for the life of me understand why he
Is not banned.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024