Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 08:57 - Feb 5 with 19273 viewsdgt73

Very selfish of him imo to endanger and put other people's lives at risk, all because he wanted to end his own life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Clarke Carlisle on 21:00 - Feb 5 with 960 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 20:52 - Feb 5 by jacktar

Absolutely. If he was suffering paranoid schizophrenia and as a result was a danger to the public then he would be sectioned and treated for his illness and the danger to the public subsequently removed. Depression and alcoholism in Carlisle's case would appear to be a danger to others and therefore he should not really be allowed to continue living a life where he would be free to do the same again. As sad as it is, he appears to have little control of his illness and this cannot be allowed to carry on unabated.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 20:55]

Which as I said has happened for the past 7 weeks, he is now under a community treatment order.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Clarke Carlisle on 21:27 - Feb 5 with 919 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 20:57 - Feb 5 by swan_si

i think some posters owe dgt73 an apology

Why?
Clarke Carlisle on 21:30 - Feb 5 with 911 viewsjacktar

Clarke Carlisle on 21:00 - Feb 5 by ScoobyWho

Which as I said has happened for the past 7 weeks, he is now under a community treatment order.

If that's the case then his needs have clearly been recognised and necessary support hopefully put into place.

I hope he recovers because I've always found him to be an intelligent and likable person and pundit from what I have seen of him.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Clarke Carlisle on 21:30 - Feb 5 with 909 viewsswan_si

Clarke Carlisle on 21:27 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

Why?

Ralf Little post:

Clarke context and comments
First and foremost, and I should know this by now, twitter is not the place for this sort of thing, as it takes more than 140 characters to talk about anything seriously. So already I wish I hadn’t said anything, not because I regret the comment, but because the choice of forum was wrong and frankly understandable if people are riled up.

Next thing is, I don’t suddenly want to air a list of grievances that sound sensationalist and do some tabloid’s job for them. Clarke and I have history, that involves money, lies, on one notable occasion me being interrogated by the police over something I knew nothing about… and all sorts of other stuff.

Now, when it comes to mental illness, I understand it, I’ve lived around it, I’ve supported it, I fight against the stigmatization of it and so on. I think it’s a very real issue with a long road to go to combat it.

So that said, on to this case… It’s extremely difficult to watch someone repeatedly ruin other people’s lives, then explain it in such a way that makes them immune to criticism. And it keeps happening. It’s now reached a point where, as this proves, it’s like emotional touch paper. And sure, I’m not a professional expert on mental health, and no doubt, neither are you. But I know more about this particular case than you do just because you read about it in the Sun, or saw a documentary.

There comes a point where it’s just frustrating to witness someone constantly hammering the pattern of destruction for those around — and I was once one of those around - only to see the destructive force make a moving and sincere apology… then do it again.

(On reflection, that’s the nature of addiction/illness, and I know that all too well, but as I say, a rash tweet and it’s not the place for it. )

I should also say that during the course of this twitter… whatever it is, Clarke has been in touch with a retrospective apology over things that went on a long time ago, and I think that has to be respected by all, myself included.

Anyway... You have to be in a dark place to attempt suicide, and only a fool would suggest otherwise. However, I do find myself thinking that when you’ve been driving drunk five (is it?) times, risking lives of countless other people, and even in your darkest hour still manage to involve a lorry driver who could have died himself, and now has to live with that trauma and memory every day fro the REST of his life… Personally my stores of empathy start to dry up after a while.

Am I really that out of order for suggesting that’s not on? Do we repeatedly overlook reckless destruction of other lives beacause someone apologizes, again and again, and says it’s an illness? Isn't there a point where we can go, "enough is enough"?

I hate drink driving, I really do. I know victims of it, who have died, been paralysed, or lost loved ones, and I’ve watched this man get caught doing it several times then publicly forgiven, lauded, and handed a bl*ody good career! I’m sorry but that annoys me!

And I think that’s my overriding feeling. I don’t feel sad for Clarke any more, I was drained of that some time ago. Instead I feel sad, and maybe a little angry, for Gemma, and the kids, and the lorry driver, and the people who dived out of the way of the car all those years ago, and all the other people who have been f*cked over and over and over… you know who you are.

Of course I wish Clarke a strong recovery — and not just from the crash. It would be a better world if he and all other sufferers of such an insidious disease could find a way to fight the good fight. But when he does end up facing the drink driving charges, this time around, I hope, not least out of respect for the hundreds of drink driving victims who tweet me every year, they throw the book at him.

I don’t think that makes me a c*nt, or gobshite, or a w*nker, or any other delightful name some of you came up with, but hey it’s a free country.

Though, as a final thought, I would say again, I’m a fool for forgetting that twitter is not, and never will be, the place for a comment like that. It’s too reductive and simplistic, and yes, without context, I can see it would seem insensitive and crass. Not my intention.
Clarke Carlisle on 21:31 - Feb 5 with 908 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 20:57 - Feb 5 by swan_si

i think some posters owe dgt73 an apology

Well, apologise to him then.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Clarke Carlisle on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 897 viewsTrundle10

Still don't understand why dgt should be apologised to? I don't get it? Why?
Clarke Carlisle on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 883 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 21:42 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

You wouldn't because you're a thick tw@t.

Clarke Carlisle on 21:49 - Feb 5 with 874 viewsParlay

Because that bloke off two pints of lager and a packet of crisps thinks he is selfish too?

Thats the only thing i could come up with.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 21:53 - Feb 5 with 870 viewsswan_si

read his original post, and the Ralf Lttle post again, if you still don't understand why, then your mind is already made up, while i don't agree with most of dgt73 posts, after reading the Ralf Little post, i think he's called this one correctly, but that is only my opinion. drink driving is not an illness, it's a selfish act that destroys innocent lives.
Clarke Carlisle on 21:53 - Feb 5 with 868 viewsdgt73

Provide us with a link to one racist post I've made........I think I'll be waiting a long time......

Clarke Carlisle on 21:56 - Feb 5 with 856 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 21:53 - Feb 5 by swan_si

read his original post, and the Ralf Lttle post again, if you still don't understand why, then your mind is already made up, while i don't agree with most of dgt73 posts, after reading the Ralf Little post, i think he's called this one correctly, but that is only my opinion. drink driving is not an illness, it's a selfish act that destroys innocent lives.

Throwing yourself in front of a lorry is drink driving then. I do not condone drink driving, of course. But that is not the debate.
Clarke Carlisle on 22:01 - Feb 5 with 832 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 21:53 - Feb 5 by dgt73

Provide us with a link to one racist post I've made........I think I'll be waiting a long time......

Have a look at the Hull City thread from yesterday, cannot be bothered to dig it up again. Fill your boots tho
Clarke Carlisle on 22:01 - Feb 5 with 829 viewsmonmouth

...but he wasn't drink driving the night he attempted suicide

Maybe you should apologise to all the posters you've asked to apologise to whoever the hell you wanted them to apologise to. Or maybe the whole concept of 'apologising' on the internet to made up names of people you will never meet is a bit far fetched in the first place?

To be fair, from what I've seen, the day the OPs opinion on anything is worth a splash of spunk on a sheet, is probably the day that the universe stops. I hope to be proved wrong.

By the way, if I'm wrong about anything ever, I apologise in advance, in perpetuity and in full and final settlement.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clarke Carlisle on 22:03 - Feb 5 with 820 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 22:01 - Feb 5 by monmouth

Maybe you should apologise to all the posters you've asked to apologise to whoever the hell you wanted them to apologise to. Or maybe the whole concept of 'apologising' on the internet to made up names of people you will never meet is a bit far fetched in the first place?

To be fair, from what I've seen, the day the OPs opinion on anything is worth a splash of spunk on a sheet, is probably the day that the universe stops. I hope to be proved wrong.

By the way, if I'm wrong about anything ever, I apologise in advance, in perpetuity and in full and final settlement.

Amen to that!
Clarke Carlisle on 22:03 - Feb 5 with 820 viewsswan_si

Clarke Carlisle on 21:56 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

Throwing yourself in front of a lorry is drink driving then. I do not condone drink driving, of course. But that is not the debate.

in the Ralf post he states, that Carlisle had no thought for the lorry driver, and that was dgt's original post, so yes it the debate.
Clarke Carlisle on 22:03 - Feb 5 with 819 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 22:01 - Feb 5 by monmouth

What is your opinion worth.......fuk all that's what.

Clarke Carlisle on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 815 viewsParlay

You are making the decision something is selfish based on a set of parameters set up with a lucid mind.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Clarke Carlisle on 22:05 - Feb 5 with 816 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 22:03 - Feb 5 by swan_si

in the Ralf post he states, that Carlisle had no thought for the lorry driver, and that was dgt's original post, so yes it the debate.

Because of his state of mind...... Depressed state of mind..,,, your not grasping this are you?
Clarke Carlisle on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 809 viewsmonmouth

Clarke Carlisle on 22:03 - Feb 5 by dgt73

What is your opinion worth.......fuk all that's what.

Indeed. Now we're getting somewhere.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clarke Carlisle on 22:07 - Feb 5 with 807 viewsskippyjack

I find this thread funny.. it's actually laughable.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Clarke Carlisle on 22:09 - Feb 5 with 802 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 22:05 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

Because of his state of mind...... Depressed state of mind..,,, your not grasping this are you?

So if someone has a depressed state of mind and shoots people, it's ok then. ?

Clarke Carlisle on 22:12 - Feb 5 with 793 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 22:07 - Feb 5 by skippyjack

I find this thread funny.. it's actually laughable.

It is isn't it. You cant educate pork and for that reason i am out.
Clarke Carlisle on 22:13 - Feb 5 with 789 viewsskippyjack

Clarke Carlisle on 22:09 - Feb 5 by dgt73

So if someone has a depressed state of mind and shoots people, it's ok then. ?

No.. Clark Carlisle needs to realise what he's got in his life.. nice house..good job..wife..kids.. an actual future.. he needs a f*cking word with himself..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Clarke Carlisle on 22:15 - Feb 5 with 786 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 22:13 - Feb 5 by skippyjack

No.. Clark Carlisle needs to realise what he's got in his life.. nice house..good job..wife..kids.. an actual future.. he needs a f*cking word with himself..

I agree skip.

Clarke Carlisle on 22:16 - Feb 5 with 965 viewsswan_si

Clarke Carlisle on 22:05 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

yeah, you're right, being caught drink driving 5/6 times could make anyone depressed, f@cking police, haven't they got anything better to do than go around depressing drunk drivers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024