Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night 09:42 - Mar 18 with 13212 viewsjohnlangy

Excellent.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:14 - Mar 31 with 1587 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:06 - Mar 31 by trampie

Boyos treat women as ladies mun, boyos are tied to their mothers apron strings and love their nana's, I don't think women are airheads.

PS is that jaxxland slang from the 70's ? and is it the same as bonehead ?

You are funny sometimes Lisa, lol.

well then stop making such comments about why I do or don't like a politician. You would have had a smack from your Nan for saying that I bet. My Gran would have certainly given anyone a earful for suggesting that she didn't take it as seriously as the men. My Grandfather would have been on cleaning and washing up duty for months ...
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:26 - Mar 31 with 1567 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:14 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

well then stop making such comments about why I do or don't like a politician. You would have had a smack from your Nan for saying that I bet. My Gran would have certainly given anyone a earful for suggesting that she didn't take it as seriously as the men. My Grandfather would have been on cleaning and washing up duty for months ...

lol

Kilkennyjack asked you [and made an observation] the following :-
''Serious question - Do you rate any leading female politician as your low opinion of both nicola and leanne seems to be rather , well, irrational ? Just saying .....''.

You was asked because your stance seemed irrational, yes you might prefer other politicians or not like the parties they represent, everyone would understand that if that was the case, but your attitude seems vicious and nasty towards them, you come across as irrational as regards Nicola and Leanne.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 1569 viewsyescomeon

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 08:57 - Mar 22 by ProjectVRD

GVA figures are a bit of a red herring to be honest folks, they are largely flawed for many reasons and I can give one example as it is a very complex area of economics. I am sure you would not be interested in reading a whole novel about it:

Wales has a GVA approx 72% of the UK average, however Wales does not have full representation in the two of some of the biggest industries in the UK.

Energy and Water.

It is in both of these industries that Wales is a exporter meaning that we produce more than we consume ourselves, and our exports from these industries go to the other UK nations. However the companies for which these exports are delivered for are based in England meaning that the GVA figure only takes into account the salaries of those working in these industries in Wales and not the profits generated. Every year the profits amount to billions and every year they must be accounted for in England's GVA as that is where the companies are HQ'd, so those nuclear power stations, gas stations, oil refineries etc result in a skewed GVA in regards to our nation.

We probably are below the UK average, but if you were to assign proportionate profits from exports than the gap would be much smaller.

This is the best point made on here but seems to have been pretty much ignored.

Upthecity!

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:48 - Mar 31 with 1556 viewsjohnlangy

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 16:17 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

It has nothing to do with people being male or female, it has to do with whether they are or aren't any good. Why on earth should I support a woman as a politician simply because she is a woman? That is just absurd. Do you support all male politicians then?

I don't believe her to be an extremely strong leader. I believe her to be a fairly 'typical' modern day politician, quick on the sound bite and unable to articulate anything much past that.

If you are going by social media, then the overall response on twitter for example is that she was crap on Question Time.

Anyway - I don't much care. You can think what you want about her. But so can I.

There have been many posts on this thread from posters with far more understanding than myself of the history of and reasons for the original creation of Plaid (my knowledge is virtually nil). Lohengrin asked me a specific question which I didn't answer at the time. It was 'have I heard of the idea/ideal of Francite'. The answer is simple. .

There was another post where someone said Plaid is now the Labour party as was. I don't know how accurate that might be but, all I know is that what they say chimes better with me than what any other party says including Labour who I used to vote for (before their lurch to the right).

As regards whether Leanne is a strong leader the simple answer is that we don't know. We'll only really know when she's tested. The same can be said for Ed Miliband. People call him weak but he may be PM in a few weeks time. That's when we'll see.

But there must be something about them when they've been voted in as their party leader. That doesn't happen because you've got a nice smile (or a funny nose) and can spout soundbites with the best of them. The people they work with see the real person daily. We don't.

And, at the end of the day the only party who can honestly say they will stand up for the interests of Wales first is Plaid.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:55 - Mar 31 with 1551 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:12 - Mar 31 by trampie

What do you care, what Scotland does ?, if some people in parts of England do not want the UK government to give more per head to rural areas due to the greater costs involved in maintaining vital services then its the rich English that could be said to be breaking up the union at the alter of greed and forcing the Scots and possibly Welsh [down the line] to show their displeasure and take action.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:13]

I don't care. I'd rather they had voted yes. I thought they'd be stupid to have done so (and they would, as it would be economically over already) but I would be quite happy for them to go it alone.

And why are the 'rich English' at the alter of greed. If you index public spending per capita across the UK for every £97 England gets, Scotland gets £116 and Wales £110 (and NI even more at £124).

And it has nothing to do with 'rural areas' (despite the latest nonsense to justify it that comes from the average Scottish Labour politician) - the Barnett formula doesn't take that sort of thing into account.

I love the 'rich English' stuff though. It's such complete xenophobic balls.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:03 - Mar 31 with 1543 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:26 - Mar 31 by trampie

lol

Kilkennyjack asked you [and made an observation] the following :-
''Serious question - Do you rate any leading female politician as your low opinion of both nicola and leanne seems to be rather , well, irrational ? Just saying .....''.

You was asked because your stance seemed irrational, yes you might prefer other politicians or not like the parties they represent, everyone would understand that if that was the case, but your attitude seems vicious and nasty towards them, you come across as irrational as regards Nicola and Leanne.

My original post said this:

"She was on Question Tine last week (what a crappy programme that has become). Anyway - I didn't think she was very good. She was asked a question about immigration and started talking about how Wales didn't have a problem with it and also appeared to think the solution was something to do with everyone joining a Trade Union.
She was like an earnest 6th Former debating with the grown ups (which says something given how weak the panel as a whole was). "

What on earth is vicious and nasty about that or irrational?

The only thing irrational in this whole debate is your attitude towards England and the English.

Sorry - I should say by the way that I was talking about Natalie Bennett rather than Nicola Sturgeon earlier - I called her Nicola Bennett in haste - I misread Kilkenny's post for some reason.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:17 - Mar 31 with 1532 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:55 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

I don't care. I'd rather they had voted yes. I thought they'd be stupid to have done so (and they would, as it would be economically over already) but I would be quite happy for them to go it alone.

And why are the 'rich English' at the alter of greed. If you index public spending per capita across the UK for every £97 England gets, Scotland gets £116 and Wales £110 (and NI even more at £124).

And it has nothing to do with 'rural areas' (despite the latest nonsense to justify it that comes from the average Scottish Labour politician) - the Barnett formula doesn't take that sort of thing into account.

England is not a sovereign nation it is just one area of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the state is a whole and democratic states normally direct money to areas of their sovereign state that need it most.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:21 - Mar 31 with 1527 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:03 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

My original post said this:

"She was on Question Tine last week (what a crappy programme that has become). Anyway - I didn't think she was very good. She was asked a question about immigration and started talking about how Wales didn't have a problem with it and also appeared to think the solution was something to do with everyone joining a Trade Union.
She was like an earnest 6th Former debating with the grown ups (which says something given how weak the panel as a whole was). "

What on earth is vicious and nasty about that or irrational?

The only thing irrational in this whole debate is your attitude towards England and the English.

Sorry - I should say by the way that I was talking about Natalie Bennett rather than Nicola Sturgeon earlier - I called her Nicola Bennett in haste - I misread Kilkenny's post for some reason.

England is part of the union no different to Scotland or Wales, my attitude towards England is the same as my attitude towards Scotland, they are just different parts of the same sovereign state.

Login to get fewer ads

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:24 - Mar 31 with 1523 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:48 - Mar 31 by johnlangy

There have been many posts on this thread from posters with far more understanding than myself of the history of and reasons for the original creation of Plaid (my knowledge is virtually nil). Lohengrin asked me a specific question which I didn't answer at the time. It was 'have I heard of the idea/ideal of Francite'. The answer is simple. .

There was another post where someone said Plaid is now the Labour party as was. I don't know how accurate that might be but, all I know is that what they say chimes better with me than what any other party says including Labour who I used to vote for (before their lurch to the right).

As regards whether Leanne is a strong leader the simple answer is that we don't know. We'll only really know when she's tested. The same can be said for Ed Miliband. People call him weak but he may be PM in a few weeks time. That's when we'll see.

But there must be something about them when they've been voted in as their party leader. That doesn't happen because you've got a nice smile (or a funny nose) and can spout soundbites with the best of them. The people they work with see the real person daily. We don't.

And, at the end of the day the only party who can honestly say they will stand up for the interests of Wales first is Plaid.

Yip, nice post.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:25 - Mar 31 with 1522 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:28 - Mar 31 by yescomeon

This is the best point made on here but seems to have been pretty much ignored.

Yes some salient points and it was a good post.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:26 - Mar 31 with 1523 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:17 - Mar 31 by trampie

England is not a sovereign nation it is just one area of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the state is a whole and democratic states normally direct money to areas of their sovereign state that need it most.

It's not done on need either. It specifically makes no allowance for need, poverty levels, transport links, unemployment rates, or how 'urban or rural' the area is.

Wales is far poorer than Scotland, but receives less. That's my whole gripe with it - it is unfair to Wales (and to England) and gives too much to the Scots. And yet you keep banging on about how the 'rich English' are causing the break up of the Union. They are not.

But when the 'lovely Leanne' bangs on about it, for political reasons she won't point the finger where it should be pointed, at the real inequality. She points it at England - saying that she wants the same deal as Scotland (at the expense of the English presumably) rather than saying what should be said, is that Scotland gets more than it should and some of that should go to Wales instead.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:30 - Mar 31 with 1513 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:26 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

It's not done on need either. It specifically makes no allowance for need, poverty levels, transport links, unemployment rates, or how 'urban or rural' the area is.

Wales is far poorer than Scotland, but receives less. That's my whole gripe with it - it is unfair to Wales (and to England) and gives too much to the Scots. And yet you keep banging on about how the 'rich English' are causing the break up of the Union. They are not.

But when the 'lovely Leanne' bangs on about it, for political reasons she won't point the finger where it should be pointed, at the real inequality. She points it at England - saying that she wants the same deal as Scotland (at the expense of the English presumably) rather than saying what should be said, is that Scotland gets more than it should and some of that should go to Wales instead.

You are the one banging on about Scotland, Northern Ireland gets far more than anybody.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 19:01 - Mar 31 with 1497 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:30 - Mar 31 by trampie

You are the one banging on about Scotland, Northern Ireland gets far more than anybody.

We'll have to start a sectarian war if we're going to get more cash? I suppose captain Beany could count as an Orangeman

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 21:09 - Mar 31 with 1456 viewsunion_jack

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:48 - Mar 31 by johnlangy

I would like also to declare my lack of any in-depth knowledge on this subject but will say this.

Firstly, Plaid are portraying this image of being left if current left to resonate with many traditional Labour supporters in Wales - "we have the best interests of Wales and its people at heart'. However, this is a Trojan Horse because the underlying raison d'être of this party is independence. Presently, that's not a vote catcher.

On the point of why a politician is voted in, it is a disadvantage to know a candidate well as you see beyond the image. All candidates are intelligent, look at Hague, but can be political (small p) disasters. Image unfortunately us everything whether that be right or wrong and in my opinion the wrong brother was chose (all to do with the union block vote wanting 'Red Ed').

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 21:43 - Mar 31 with 1448 viewsKilkennyjack

Lets scrap the Trident replacement. That saves 100 billion pounds. We could spend some on a useable world class defence force - as well as fixing the wales underfunding via Barnett for circa 100 years !!!

Any journey to independence for wales needs to have the consent of the welsh people, and after 800 years of London rule its pretty hard to escape mentally. However if wales had the normal commercial arrangements for its water and energy production then you can start to think how different things could be. Its a shame benefits of coal did not benefit the welsh people rather more.

We could also keep wales in Europe .....

Londonlisa - please can you confirm that you don't rate nicola snp as well as natalie and the lovely leanne ? Just for the record. Ta.

Beware of the Risen People

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 08:58 - Apr 1 with 1413 viewsCottsy

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 19:39 - Mar 30 by trampie

The lovely Leanne just needs to look as nice as ever, do her girly smile and just answer the questions in the leaders debate, nothing more.

Maybe she should bake some cakes to hand out while the men get on with the serious discussions as well?

The nats seem to have some less than enlightened views on women if this thread is anything to go by.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 10:01 - Apr 1 with 1403 viewsjohnlangy

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:55 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

Instead of giving us figures about England, Wales, Scotland and NI which creates an us and them argument why don't they give us regional figures (as Trampie says in another post). They probably are around somewhere.

In a UK context the North East, North West, the South West etc etc are regions the same as Wales, Scotland and NI. I imagine the money per head spent in those regions for providing services, them being largely rural areas, far outweigh the money spent providing the same services in London, Brum and so on. In a Welsh context it's cheaper to provide health services at the Heath and Morriston than at the maybe 15 or 20 small hospitals that provide those same services in mid Wales.

Stating the obvious I know but just saying it's about need wherever you are in the UK.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 10:03 - Apr 1 with 1402 viewsjohnlangy

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 18:24 - Mar 31 by trampie

Yip, nice post.

Thank you very much
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 11:43 - Apr 1 with 1377 viewstrampie

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 08:58 - Apr 1 by Cottsy

Maybe she should bake some cakes to hand out while the men get on with the serious discussions as well?

The nats seem to have some less than enlightened views on women if this thread is anything to go by.

Plaid and the SNP have female leaders, Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems and UKIP have male leaders.

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:52 - Apr 1 with 1361 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 21:43 - Mar 31 by Kilkennyjack

Lets scrap the Trident replacement. That saves 100 billion pounds. We could spend some on a useable world class defence force - as well as fixing the wales underfunding via Barnett for circa 100 years !!!

Any journey to independence for wales needs to have the consent of the welsh people, and after 800 years of London rule its pretty hard to escape mentally. However if wales had the normal commercial arrangements for its water and energy production then you can start to think how different things could be. Its a shame benefits of coal did not benefit the welsh people rather more.

We could also keep wales in Europe .....

Londonlisa - please can you confirm that you don't rate nicola snp as well as natalie and the lovely leanne ? Just for the record. Ta.

Kilkenny - it was only in the last couple of weeks sometime that I said (can't remember which thread - I was having a discussion with Lohengrin which I'm sure he will recall as well) that despite my intense dislike of the SNP policy wise (not least because of their appallingly contemptuous view of Wales - how quickly they forget) that I have heard from a number of people that whenever there is a discussion with big business leaders, the SNP are extremely impressive at standing up for Scotland's interests - well briefed, well read, with deep understanding and insight into the topic at hand (I also said at the same time that I have heard just the opposite about the representatives of Wales).

I don't know whether this comes from Salmond or Sturgeon as well - it is hard at this point to judge whether Nicola Sturgeon is anything other than a mouthpiece for Alex Salmond or whether she is instrumental in policy development. She doesn't seem to have stepped out from his shadow at the moment and seems to be leader in name only but that may be a false impression.

I disagree totally with their proposals to vote on England only matters and find their greed contrary to the 'social fairness' they spend their lives promoting. But there is, as I'm sure you recognise, a difference between disliking a party's policies and 'rating' or otherwise people as politicians.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:02 - Apr 1 with 1355 viewsexiledclaseboy

Frankly I'm amazed we've got to seven pages without anyone making the obvious "Leanne gives trampie Wood" joke.

Poll: Tory leader

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:11 - Apr 1 with 1351 viewslondonlisa2001

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 15:02 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Frankly I'm amazed we've got to seven pages without anyone making the obvious "Leanne gives trampie Wood" joke.

there's always one ...
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 17:06 - Apr 1 with 1329 viewsblueytheblue

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 11:43 - Apr 1 by trampie

Plaid and the SNP have female leaders, Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems and UKIP have male leaders.

Tories have had a female PM.

None of the other parties have.

Harriet Harman believes Labour should always have a female leader or deputy. Quotas are more important than ability, see. Of course that belief isn't motivated out of self-interest at all. No, Harman glorifies the forwarding and championing of female rights - by using a pink bus which is almost always either parked illegally or awkwardly ( propagating another female stereotype ).

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 19:00 - Apr 1 with 1308 viewsWarwickHunt

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 14:52 - Apr 1 by londonlisa2001

Kilkenny - it was only in the last couple of weeks sometime that I said (can't remember which thread - I was having a discussion with Lohengrin which I'm sure he will recall as well) that despite my intense dislike of the SNP policy wise (not least because of their appallingly contemptuous view of Wales - how quickly they forget) that I have heard from a number of people that whenever there is a discussion with big business leaders, the SNP are extremely impressive at standing up for Scotland's interests - well briefed, well read, with deep understanding and insight into the topic at hand (I also said at the same time that I have heard just the opposite about the representatives of Wales).

I don't know whether this comes from Salmond or Sturgeon as well - it is hard at this point to judge whether Nicola Sturgeon is anything other than a mouthpiece for Alex Salmond or whether she is instrumental in policy development. She doesn't seem to have stepped out from his shadow at the moment and seems to be leader in name only but that may be a false impression.

I disagree totally with their proposals to vote on England only matters and find their greed contrary to the 'social fairness' they spend their lives promoting. But there is, as I'm sure you recognise, a difference between disliking a party's policies and 'rating' or otherwise people as politicians.

Frankly, I'm surprised Sue Royal didn't take over from Salmond - the SNP have been going on about her for years.
Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 19:11 - Apr 1 with 1302 viewsblueytheblue

Leanne Wood on BBC3 last night on 19:00 - Apr 1 by WarwickHunt

Frankly, I'm surprised Sue Royal didn't take over from Salmond - the SNP have been going on about her for years.

Salmond, Sturgeon.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024