Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colonial days and the natives 20:10 - Aug 28 with 11500 viewsperchrockjack

Seeing that African countries seem to be basket cases with people looking to do anything to escape, I ask the question.

Were they better off under colonial rule

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Colonial days and the natives on 20:29 - Aug 28 with 2823 viewsKilkennyjack

No - but we would all have been better off without it in the first place. Unless you admire wars and exploitation of course.

Beware of the Risen People

Colonial days and the natives on 20:43 - Aug 28 with 2806 viewsJack_Meoff

Is your comment, and the thread title, serious or satire?
[Post edited 28 Aug 2015 21:11]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Colonial days and the natives on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 2753 viewspikeypaul

Yes

Just like many Middle East countries were better off In the past only for the west to decide it wanted change.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Colonial days and the natives on 00:22 - Aug 29 with 2704 viewslonglostjack

Would be a mistake to write off Africa - eg. massive oil reserves in Mozambique and Kenya developing rapidly. Lump on - it's where the smart money is.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Colonial days and the natives on 01:10 - Aug 29 with 2621 viewsHighjack

Colonial days and the natives on 20:29 - Aug 28 by Kilkennyjack

No - but we would all have been better off without it in the first place. Unless you admire wars and exploitation of course.

Now come on. Are you honestly suggesting we'd be better off without curry?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Colonial days and the natives on 03:22 - Aug 29 with 2600 viewsphact0rri

dont forget how england messed with the ecology in africa. "you only grow bananas you country"

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Colonial days and the natives on 03:34 - Aug 29 with 2588 viewsHumpty

I don't know Perch. Here's how we used to treat them. In the 1960's.

In June 1957, Eric Griffith-Jones, the attorney general of the British administration in Kenya, wrote to the governor, Sir Evelyn Baring, detailing the way the regime of abuse at the colony's detention camps was being subtly altered. He said that the mistreatment of the detainees is "distressingly reminiscent of conditions in Nazi Germany or Communist Russia". Despite this, he said that in order for abuse to remain legal, Mau Mau suspects must be beaten mainly on their upper body, "vulnerable parts of the body should not be struck, particularly the spleen, liver or kidneys", and it was important that "those who administer violence ... should remain collected, balanced and dispassionate". He also reminded the governor that "If we are going to sin," he wrote, "we must sin quietly.

During this time, in your life time, the British forces in Africa cut the bollocks off people with pliers. They also shoved bottles of boiling water up women's vaginas. In the 1960's.

I don't know Perch. What do you think?

Good for Africans under the caring umbrella of the British Empire? Or not?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 3:38]
Colonial days and the natives on 08:39 - Aug 29 with 2454 viewsdgt73

Colonial days and the natives on 03:34 - Aug 29 by Humpty

I don't know Perch. Here's how we used to treat them. In the 1960's.

In June 1957, Eric Griffith-Jones, the attorney general of the British administration in Kenya, wrote to the governor, Sir Evelyn Baring, detailing the way the regime of abuse at the colony's detention camps was being subtly altered. He said that the mistreatment of the detainees is "distressingly reminiscent of conditions in Nazi Germany or Communist Russia". Despite this, he said that in order for abuse to remain legal, Mau Mau suspects must be beaten mainly on their upper body, "vulnerable parts of the body should not be struck, particularly the spleen, liver or kidneys", and it was important that "those who administer violence ... should remain collected, balanced and dispassionate". He also reminded the governor that "If we are going to sin," he wrote, "we must sin quietly.

During this time, in your life time, the British forces in Africa cut the bollocks off people with pliers. They also shoved bottles of boiling water up women's vaginas. In the 1960's.

I don't know Perch. What do you think?

Good for Africans under the caring umbrella of the British Empire? Or not?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 3:38]

What a load of shi:t. You have to be the most boring person on this forum.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Colonial days and the natives on 09:15 - Aug 29 with 2435 viewsDarran

Colonial days and the natives on 08:39 - Aug 29 by dgt73

As you know I never agree with you because I think you're a bit of a tw*t but you're absolutely spot on there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Colonial days and the natives on 09:20 - Aug 29 with 2428 viewsJack_Meoff

Colonial days and the natives on 08:39 - Aug 29 by dgt73

Load of shit eh? Knock yourself out.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/sins-colonialists-concealed-secret-arc

People on this forum are still deluded in thinking that somehow we're the good guys. We're. F*cking. Not.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Colonial days and the natives on 09:21 - Aug 29 with 2426 viewsdgt73

Colonial days and the natives on 09:20 - Aug 29 by Jack_Meoff

Load of shit eh? Knock yourself out.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/sins-colonialists-concealed-secret-arc

People on this forum are still deluded in thinking that somehow we're the good guys. We're. F*cking. Not.

Don't beat yourself up over it.....I know I won't.

Colonial days and the natives on 09:34 - Aug 29 with 2411 viewsJack_Meoff

Colonial days and the natives on 09:21 - Aug 29 by dgt73

Don't beat yourself up over it.....I know I won't.

That's because you're an 'I'm alright Jack' c*nt. Some of us still care about other human beings, hard as this may be for you to comprehend.

Colonial days and the natives on 09:48 - Aug 29 with 2400 viewsperchrockjack

A simple question.
Those seeking to spin it their way miss the point or are unable to answer..
My view?

ALL colonial countries had no right at all to march into a country and inflict its standards and then to rape its resources. No colonialist country is nonnocent.

However, without question, almost all Africa countries and some south east Asian are military dictatorships and have squandered their natural wealth; Congo springs to mind.

Millions it seems will do anything to leave their countries and risk their lives doing so.

Its a sad situation and to answer my question, I would say, they were better off in some ways but not others.

Wasn't that bad now ,was it.

Colonial days and the natives on 09:51 - Aug 29 with 2389 viewsBatterseajack

We didn't do so well in India if you read up on the famines that occurred under British rule with tens of millions starved to death. Having said that, we did help them build railways so it kinds of evens things out for me.
Colonial days and the natives on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 2385 viewsperchrockjack

A point but I also recall many many natural disasters in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (old East Pakistan).

As I say, or have said before, colonialism only heaped great wealth on a few whilst this country had massive poverty (real poverty that is) - quite shameful .Evidence is the many mansions around the country built on the blood and sweat of natives. Its not something to be proud of but ,as I say, they appear to be worse off nowadays.

Colonial days and the natives on 10:07 - Aug 29 with 2363 viewsyescomeon

Colonial days and the natives on 09:54 - Aug 29 by perchrockjack

A point but I also recall many many natural disasters in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh (old East Pakistan).

As I say, or have said before, colonialism only heaped great wealth on a few whilst this country had massive poverty (real poverty that is) - quite shameful .Evidence is the many mansions around the country built on the blood and sweat of natives. Its not something to be proud of but ,as I say, they appear to be worse off nowadays.

Doesn't help in a natural disaster when you are forced to export what little you have, ask the Irish about that one.

Upthecity!

Colonial days and the natives on 10:13 - Aug 29 with 2346 viewsperchrockjack

at some times ,you have to move on.

The Irish.? Which ones ? the Protestant northern bigots or the southern catholics ?

Seeing they slaughtered Michael Collins ,for what he did, shows them to be pretty divisive themselves.

I d say they Are better off than with us or under us.

Anyway, thanks for a non abusive reply

Colonial days and the natives on 10:32 - Aug 29 with 2329 viewsdgt73

If the British empire was such a bad thing , how come many, many countries around the world love being part of the British commonwealth ?.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2015 10:33]

Colonial days and the natives on 10:33 - Aug 29 with 2328 viewsyescomeon

Colonial days and the natives on 10:13 - Aug 29 by perchrockjack

at some times ,you have to move on.

The Irish.? Which ones ? the Protestant northern bigots or the southern catholics ?

Seeing they slaughtered Michael Collins ,for what he did, shows them to be pretty divisive themselves.

I d say they Are better off than with us or under us.

Anyway, thanks for a non abusive reply

No problem mate. Im referring of course to the potato, a totally avoidable disaster, I'm sure like the Indian famines.

Upthecity!

Colonial days and the natives on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 2312 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Native American Indians

&

Australian Aboriginals are unavailable to comment .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Colonial days and the natives on 11:14 - Aug 29 with 2293 viewsLord_Bony

Thank the lord for Mandella and Ghandi. Having said that the British made some good contributions to India,America,Canada,New Zealand,Australia etc in fact one third of the world..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Colonial days and the natives on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 2242 viewsFlashberryjack

F*ck me this is an awful country isn't .........strange that so many are risking their lives to get into it.
It might be a good idea for all those that hate this country, and it's history so much, that they should do the opposite of the immigrants in Calais and leave Britain, this would make room for the poor buggers trying to get in.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colonial days and the natives on 12:13 - Aug 29 with 2241 viewsperchrockjack

I do believe that out of the Colonial countries we were about the best and the worst the Belgians followed by the French.

I don't count USSR..
Any comments hump or is it all to sensible a thread

Colonial days and the natives on 12:13 - Aug 29 with 2241 viewsperchrockjack

I do believe that out of the Colonial countries we were about the best and the worst the Belgians followed by the French.

I don't count USSR..
Any comments hump or is it all too sensible a thread

Colonial days and the natives on 16:17 - Aug 29 with 2172 viewsKilkennyjack

Colonial days and the natives on 10:07 - Aug 29 by yescomeon

Doesn't help in a natural disaster when you are forced to export what little you have, ask the Irish about that one.

Yes the avoidable Irish famine in which a million people starved to death - yes a million people - and another million left the island of Ireland. Its hard to imagine the huge scale of suffering.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024