Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Joe Allen back? 09:57 - Oct 6 with 9278 viewsZut_Alors

Obviously, it remains to be seen whether LFC's new manager rates Allen, but if he was available, would you want him back?

I feel this summer will be the right time to freshen up the midfield. I can understand why the club elected not to sign Tom Carroll, although I rate him highly. I can imagine Ki or possibly Jonjo may look to move on next season, so buying Allen or even going back for Tom C would make sense for me.

If we could get him at the right price (5-8M, IMO), I'd say go for it, Garry.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:10 - Oct 6 with 5039 viewsorion3016

I'm sure joe is still a long term asset for anyone. At the moment he'd be behind ki & cork if he came back

Be over there now after

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:16 - Oct 6 with 5022 viewsjack247

He wouldn't get in our regular starting eleven and I doubt he would want to come back as a squad player. He would be a great squad player to have though.

More than likely he will leave Liverpool, as it was only Brendan that ever saw him as a £15m player, but I reckon he will go somewhere he is more or less guaranteed to play.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:32 - Oct 6 with 4999 viewsRichythejack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:10 - Oct 6 by orion3016

I'm sure joe is still a long term asset for anyone. At the moment he'd be behind ki & cork if he came back

Are you Mad? People are going on about our playing style disappearing and becoming more direct this is fundamentally because Leon Britton is not in the starting line up. Rightly so as he is getting on now but Leon is the basis on what Swansea's style of play is, just makes us tick and always in space recycling the ball.

Jo Allen was a carbon copy of Leon and would breeze into our starting eleven as Monk has not got a player who can do this hence why he has change tactics and style to suit the players we have.

Cork is great at breaking up play and Jonjo is very direct and gets the ball forward well with his range of passing. Ki again has quality and does help keep the ball flowing but for me none of the three mention find space off the ball as well as Jo or Leon and that is essential when playing possession football at pace. They always provide an outlet for a pass and this helps us retain possession rather than hoofing it away.
The three midfielders for me also lack concentration and can stray out of position which has left as exposed a few times and also not one of them shows the natural fitness levels of Jo Allen. There was a reason Brendan Paid 15 Million for him and when he has played a regular number of games for Liverpool he has stood out. Jordan Henderson has become a better player because he has probably adapted some of Jo's Quality's but also had freedom to play because he know Jo is discipline enough to do the dirty work

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:45 - Oct 6 with 4971 viewsbluenile

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:32 - Oct 6 by Richythejack

Are you Mad? People are going on about our playing style disappearing and becoming more direct this is fundamentally because Leon Britton is not in the starting line up. Rightly so as he is getting on now but Leon is the basis on what Swansea's style of play is, just makes us tick and always in space recycling the ball.

Jo Allen was a carbon copy of Leon and would breeze into our starting eleven as Monk has not got a player who can do this hence why he has change tactics and style to suit the players we have.

Cork is great at breaking up play and Jonjo is very direct and gets the ball forward well with his range of passing. Ki again has quality and does help keep the ball flowing but for me none of the three mention find space off the ball as well as Jo or Leon and that is essential when playing possession football at pace. They always provide an outlet for a pass and this helps us retain possession rather than hoofing it away.
The three midfielders for me also lack concentration and can stray out of position which has left as exposed a few times and also not one of them shows the natural fitness levels of Jo Allen. There was a reason Brendan Paid 15 Million for him and when he has played a regular number of games for Liverpool he has stood out. Jordan Henderson has become a better player because he has probably adapted some of Jo's Quality's but also had freedom to play because he know Jo is discipline enough to do the dirty work

Don't agree, he's gone backwards, and it's a definite no from me.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:50 - Oct 6 with 4960 viewsRichythejack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:45 - Oct 6 by bluenile

Don't agree, he's gone backwards, and it's a definite no from me.

You must be crazy!!!

He might not shine in a team like Liverpool because as much as we hate to admit it they are a much bigger team than us

Joe would be a massive asset for us

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:52 - Oct 6 with 4957 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I'd have him back in a heart beat

Great footballer

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:56 - Oct 6 with 4949 viewsshandyjack

would love him back but would be behind the 4 we already have, but i think we might lose 1 if not 2 of out main 4 in summer depending on how well we do

Poll: Expectation for the season

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:01 - Oct 6 with 4935 viewsDewi1jack

Be either Joey or Leon on the bench.
Can't see either forcing their way into the midfield as a regular 1st choice stater
Personally I can't see Joey coming back and being a squad player.
We all know that if Liverpool try and get the £15 mill back, everyone is going to laugh. He was worth around £7-8 million at most when we let him go.
So around £2-4 million (as we have to rebuild him) and him accepting his place as a squad player and I'd say yes.
Even though I don't like the idea of going back where players or managers are concerned.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:32 - Oct 6 with 4868 viewsDr_Winston

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:01 - Oct 6 by Dewi1jack

Be either Joey or Leon on the bench.
Can't see either forcing their way into the midfield as a regular 1st choice stater
Personally I can't see Joey coming back and being a squad player.
We all know that if Liverpool try and get the £15 mill back, everyone is going to laugh. He was worth around £7-8 million at most when we let him go.
So around £2-4 million (as we have to rebuild him) and him accepting his place as a squad player and I'd say yes.
Even though I don't like the idea of going back where players or managers are concerned.

At the time Allen was well worth £15m when compared to the prices being paid for other players. He remains one of the few examples where we actually held out for a decent fee.

We have no need for him now though. Expect him to follow Rodgers wherever he ends up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:53 - Oct 6 with 4818 viewsDavillin

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:32 - Oct 6 by Richythejack

Except for your comments on LIverpool players, about which I don't have anything to say, and except for a very minor niggle or two, you have it dead to rights. Excellent factual analysis.

I would add that, if we went forward again to The Swansea Style, he'd be invaluable, just as Britton is -- or would be.

Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:55 - Oct 6 with 4813 viewsFlashberryjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:52 - Oct 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

I'd have him back in a heart beat

Great footballer

This

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:18 - Oct 6 with 4759 viewsRichythejack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:53 - Oct 6 by Davillin

Except for your comments on LIverpool players, about which I don't have anything to say, and except for a very minor niggle or two, you have it dead to rights. Excellent factual analysis.

I would add that, if we went forward again to The Swansea Style, he'd be invaluable, just as Britton is -- or would be.

Thanks.

Well lets hope some of the Swansea style doesnt fade. This is what attracted me to the Swans for many years and i want my son to appericate how the game should be played too

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:21 - Oct 6 with 4755 viewsJJJack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:55 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

This

Correct. He was outstanding for Liverpool 13/14 season. He's had injury problems which seem to have stopped him hitting top form recently but his performances for Wales show he's hardly gone backwards. I think he'd get in our starting XI assuming he was fully fit.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:45 - Oct 6 with 4717 viewsBloodyhills

It very much depends on how much. I think our midfield is OK and he might struggle to get in our team at the moment but he is a good player and seems under appreciated at Liverpool.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 13:56 - Oct 6 with 4693 viewsGlyn1

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 11:56 - Oct 6 by shandyjack

would love him back but would be behind the 4 we already have, but i think we might lose 1 if not 2 of out main 4 in summer depending on how well we do

I think that you're being optimistic - is it too early yet to start worrying about the January transfer window?

I have a lot of respect for him, and while I don't know if I'd buy him, I'd certainly be making a few enquiries and asking his mates at the club to send him a few text messages.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 14:00 - Oct 6 with 4682 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Unsure about Joe. Maybe for £5M but no more.

I would take Ben back though. I thought he was excellent on Sunday as he was against Man City the week before. Good to see him playing every week from the Welsh perspective too.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 4664 viewsswancity

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:32 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

At the time Allen was well worth £15m when compared to the prices being paid for other players. He remains one of the few examples where we actually held out for a decent fee.

We have no need for him now though. Expect him to follow Rodgers wherever he ends up.

' Allen was well worth £15m'

He wasn't worth it then and he's certainly not worth it now. Arguably worth around £5m when he left us for Liverpool who were paying well over the odds for players then and are still doing it. Don't get me wrong Allens a nice little player but he's not in the same league as Cork Ki Shelvey or Siggursdon. At his peak now in terms of age and experience Allen seems to have gone backwards if anything.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 14:57 - Oct 6 with 4613 viewsjasper_T

Give us £15m for Jonjo and we'll take Allen for £5m.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:01 - Oct 6 with 4603 viewstomdickharry

Of course.
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:35 - Oct 6 with 4560 viewsshandyjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 14:57 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Give us £15m for Jonjo and we'll take Allen for £5m.

then we really will have gone backwards

Poll: Expectation for the season

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:57 - Oct 6 with 4535 viewsjojaca

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 15:35 - Oct 6 by shandyjack

then we really will have gone backwards

He has improved since he left Swansea, he's just picked up a few injuries and being labelled the 'Welsh Xavi' probably not helped him. He's is exactly the right type of player to play behind Shelvey and Siguardsson.

Even when you know, you never know?

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 16:05 - Oct 6 with 4525 viewsClinton

I dont follow his progress to closely, but he seems to spend a lot of time in the treatment room ?
Is he available for the forthcoming internationals ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 16:12 - Oct 6 with 4508 viewscimlajack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 12:55 - Oct 6 by Flashberryjack

This

Me too
Would you take Joe Allen back? on 17:12 - Oct 6 with 4438 viewsOldjack

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 16:05 - Oct 6 by Clinton

I dont follow his progress to closely, but he seems to spend a lot of time in the treatment room ?
Is he available for the forthcoming internationals ?

I believe he's now fit
I'd have him back for 8-10 mill which was what he was really worth when with us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would you take Joe Allen back? on 17:40 - Oct 6 with 4392 viewsChrisSCFC

Would love to see Joey come home, for the right price.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024