Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 14:16 - Dec 13 with 29479 viewsLoyal

Travel ideas, tickets, hotels, gatherings etc.
Pictures of flags you are taking.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 20:15]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 14:21 - Dec 13 with 9106 viewsLoyal

Looks like there are still a few bargains out there regards hotels etc and car hire if you hire in France at a port or airport. One hotel we were looking at went from £57 a night to £180 a night during the draw !
Any other ideas you are willing to give away ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 14:30 - Dec 13 with 9090 viewsEdmundo

Wonky Sheep

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 14:35 - Dec 13 with 9071 viewsraynor94

A nice bar in Greece for the England game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 14:39 - Dec 13 with 9055 viewsCooperman

Flights booked. Bristol - Toulouse, out Sunday and back Thursday. No idea what to do for accommodation, worst case will be camping in a tent somewhere.

Our party couldn't do the England game which would be the obvious one to do from a travel point of view.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 15:21 - Dec 13 with 9005 viewsAquinas

The main concern for me is time off work.

So I'm probably going to fly to Bordeaux on Friday for the match on Saturday then fly back Sunday. Return to work and then go by campervan for the Lens and Toulouse matches.
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 15:22 - Dec 13 with 9003 viewsDewi1jack

Anyone interested in driving out on the Thursday 16th and return on the Friday.
Some cheap Band Bs in Kortrijk (just over the border into Belgium) around the £40 for 2 in a room, or come back to Dover or folkestone area for a kip
Ferry/ tunnel is coming in at about £120 return
Lens is around 300 miles from Leominster.

Giving it some serious thought at the mo

Edit.
The day trip with wonkysheep is coming in at £100.
Sleep on the bus
It's another option
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 16:04]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 15:49 - Dec 13 with 8971 viewsLoyal

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 15:22 - Dec 13 by Dewi1jack

Some cheap Band Bs in Kortrijk (just over the border into Belgium) around the £40 for 2 in a room, or come back to Dover or folkestone area for a kip

Edit.
Sleep on the bus
It's another option

Big swans fan base in Kortrijk, Genuinely there is.

Anyone there in Holland when about 70 of them turned up ?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 16:54]

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:31 - Dec 13 with 8820 viewsGlyn1

You can now book Eurostar tickets (usually you have to wait until 6 months before the date): http://football.eurostar.com/

And don't forget that you can book your Eurostar ticket to start from Swansea, not just from London.

Personally, I'm considering staying in Lille and then taking the 40 minute train ride to Lens.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2015 21:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:32 - Dec 13 with 8817 viewsmarchamjack

Anyone got any idea how many members there are on database? 5 of us members applying for 2 tickets for each game and wondering what the chances are in the ballot? Going anyway, but obviously would prefer tickets.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:58 - Dec 13 with 8780 viewsbuilthjack

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:32 - Dec 13 by marchamjack

Anyone got any idea how many members there are on database? 5 of us members applying for 2 tickets for each game and wondering what the chances are in the ballot? Going anyway, but obviously would prefer tickets.

Not sure how many there are, I would have thought there must be 10000 or so. I wouLd guess that not all would be applying. I will though!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 22:03 - Dec 13 with 8776 viewsmarchamjack

Hope you're right as if so and if not everyone applies which they won't as you say, about a 50/50 chance of getting tickets in the ballot. Just hope that we get some tickets between our group so everyone gets to at least one game.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:32 - Dec 14 with 8625 viewsmarchamjack

Successfully applied now. Total cost of tickets if I get them all 650 Euros! Fingers crossed until February.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:38 - Dec 14 with 8612 viewswonkysheepevents

Wide variety of Wales trips available

wonkysheep.co.uk/wales-euro-2016
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:56 - Dec 14 with 8598 viewsGB11

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 15:22 - Dec 13 by Dewi1jack

Edit.
Sleep on the bus
It's another option

Stay in Lille.

We are paying around £120 each for 5 nights.

There are games in Lille, then its a half hour drive to the england game.

Crazy how close the england game is. 5 hours 21 minute drive from my house in south wales. Excluding a £100 ish ferry.
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 13:01 - Dec 14 with 8546 viewsPhil_S

Got my tickets nailed and guaranteed. Ticket for each match in the Welsh campaign and as many others as I choose to take up.

Seat A1 in the lounge guaranteed or I could take my chances on the best seats in the pub

Wrong year for me, no finances to do that on top of the rest of the years plans.

Matt The Jack would be horrified - a life outside of football
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:13 - Dec 15 with 8361 viewskarnataka

I'm thinking of driving there. Ferry from Poole>Cherbourg. Will go in my van and take a small tent but if I can't find a campsite, no problem I'll just sleep in the van. Don't know when I'll go or where I'll head but quite fancy doing that, a bit of adventure and see a bit more of France. Used to go in the 70s & 80s but haven't been for a while. Good opportunity even if I don't get any tickets.
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 23:26 - Dec 15 with 8287 viewsLoyal

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:13 - Dec 15 by karnataka

I'm thinking of driving there. Ferry from Poole>Cherbourg. Will go in my van and take a small tent but if I can't find a campsite, no problem I'll just sleep in the van. Don't know when I'll go or where I'll head but quite fancy doing that, a bit of adventure and see a bit more of France. Used to go in the 70s & 80s but haven't been for a while. Good opportunity even if I don't get any tickets.

Loads doing a four day hit on Lens and Lille Tuesday to Saturday for the England game, I don't know anyone who has tickets. With Eurostar and hotel it's £350.
Lots of possibilities for all for sure. If your travelling alone I am sure there's folk on here who would be happy to tag along or join their group.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 23:36 - Dec 15 with 8280 viewsbuilthjack

£90 ferry across, driving to Dordogne, Toulouse and Bordeaux a couple of hours away. Holiday and 2 games. Will watch the England game in a bar.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 08:53 - Dec 16 with 8222 viewsDevz00

4 of us staying in Bordeaux for 3 nights. This is for the Slovakia game.

The direct flights for the dates we wanted were over a hundred quid more than the 1 stop flights which stopped in Paris. But this meant it was 5 hours in total for what should be a 1.5 hour flight. So we are now flying to Paris for about £80 and then getting a train down to Bordeaux which should be about 3-4 hours and hopefully cheap!

Trying to get tickets for the Slovakia game as 4 of us are Gold members but if not, we'll go to the fan park.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:23 - Dec 16 with 8192 viewsJBT95

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 21:32 - Dec 13 by marchamjack

There's just over 14,000 members.

I thought you didn't follow Wales? So surely that means you are just a member, possibly one or two home games... yet you all expect 2 tickets each?
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:27 - Dec 16 with 8188 viewspencoedjack

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:56 - Dec 14 by GB11

Stay in Lille.

We are paying around £120 each for 5 nights.

There are games in Lille, then its a half hour drive to the england game.

Crazy how close the england game is. 5 hours 21 minute drive from my house in south wales. Excluding a £100 ish ferry.

Lille is a nice city mate

Superb square with lots of decent bars restaurants
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:42 - Dec 16 with 8179 viewsKGriz16

6 in my group are heading on a 115 seater from my hometown of Porth in the Valleys. We're staying in Bordeaux for 10 days, hopefully be a great atmosphere for the Slovakia game...

unfortunately, my bus will be full of Cardiff fans, i've already been warned not to wear a swans shirt
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:49 - Dec 16 with 8176 viewsJBT95

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:42 - Dec 16 by KGriz16

6 in my group are heading on a 115 seater from my hometown of Porth in the Valleys. We're staying in Bordeaux for 10 days, hopefully be a great atmosphere for the Slovakia game...

unfortunately, my bus will be full of Cardiff fans, i've already been warned not to wear a swans shirt

Why the f*ck would you wear a Swansea shirt when supporting Wales?

Don't be like a blooburd. Some will wear visit malaysia crap no doubt, ar$wipes.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 11:49]
OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 12:20 - Dec 16 with 8155 viewsmarchamjack

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:23 - Dec 16 by JBT95

There's just over 14,000 members.

I thought you didn't follow Wales? So surely that means you are just a member, possibly one or two home games... yet you all expect 2 tickets each?

None of us 'expect' tickets as of any right at all, but as FAW members, we're all applying as we're entitled to and hoping to get them through a ballot no doubt given they'll probably be over-subscribed by some of the other members who'll be applying too. We might be successful we might not. Hope that's ok with you.

Seen Wales in Europe over the years, including in Russia for the 0-0 play-off under Sparky. Had some great away Wales trips and intend heading to France with or without tickets.

Fck me. Thought it was only some Swans threads you had to prove what a super fan you are.

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 12:20 - Dec 16 with 8154 viewsKGriz16

OFFICIAL ** FANS THREAD ** EURO 2016 on 11:49 - Dec 16 by JBT95

Why the f*ck would you wear a Swansea shirt when supporting Wales?

Don't be like a blooburd. Some will wear visit malaysia crap no doubt, ar$wipes.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 11:49]

I never said I was going too, just that I've been warned not too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024