Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... 15:36 - Jan 28 with 19602 viewsSimonM

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-breaking-

Excellent!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:38 - Jan 28 with 8450 viewsDevz00

He was my player when we were at Parma. He was a promising player, very young and then went on. He’s a good player, a good guy and can be important for us. He can help us get some results and score many goals - I hope.
I asked the chairman to sign him, if it was a possibility because I like him as a player.
He is a modern player, he can play well in the Premier League, because he is strong and a good player.

Good to hear!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 8409 viewsChrisSCFC

Happy days.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 8400 viewsmarchamjack

and that there are names of many players he doesn't know, including Gayle...good.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 8392 viewsbudegan

Bravo.

Can the word "player" be used more in one quote?
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 8277 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:40 - Jan 28 by marchamjack

and that there are names of many players he doesn't know, including Gayle...good.

I don't think it's good that the manager doesn't know what players he might have in his squad.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 with 8270 viewslondonlisa2001

I know it's too soon to tell, but initial impressions of Guidolin are very good in my view. He seems calm and thoughtful - I like the comment that says he's trying to bring in two that he knows will strengthen us, but that he doesn't want to upset the apple cart by bringing in too many before he's had a proper chance to assess. That's the sort of non kneejerk reaction we need.

Also very interesting to hear him talk in a manner which is so inclusive - not so much of the 'I do this and I do that' as we've had before. The picture of him and Curt hugging each other at Everton was lovely - both of them being man enough to share in success without ego. Great first impression.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:48 - Jan 28 with 8268 viewsawayjack

Good news we're supporting Guidolin in transfer market and should stop all the rubbish that we're skint versus just prudent. Paloschi looks like he's got bags of talent but lost his way a little, so point to prove. New manager, new forward and nice away win - just what we needed.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:49 - Jan 28 with 8244 viewsjasper_T

Mickey Laudrup's poor face on Christmas morning after opening a slightly used Marvin Emnes.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:50 - Jan 28 with 8218 viewslondonlisa2001

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I don't think it's good that the manager doesn't know what players he might have in his squad.

He didn't say that though did he.

Are you prepared to give him a chance or have you decided he's not Guardiola and he's not signing Ronaldo so he's crap? Only asking so that I can just ignore any posts you make if the second is true.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 8211 viewsawayjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

I know it's too soon to tell, but initial impressions of Guidolin are very good in my view. He seems calm and thoughtful - I like the comment that says he's trying to bring in two that he knows will strengthen us, but that he doesn't want to upset the apple cart by bringing in too many before he's had a proper chance to assess. That's the sort of non kneejerk reaction we need.

Also very interesting to hear him talk in a manner which is so inclusive - not so much of the 'I do this and I do that' as we've had before. The picture of him and Curt hugging each other at Everton was lovely - both of them being man enough to share in success without ego. Great first impression.

Agree. Communication skills are excellent.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:56 - Jan 28 with 8134 viewsmarchamjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

I think it's excellent that clearly he's not going to be handed players by Huw/the board that he doesn't know about and doesn't want. Good, as I said.

Glad he's getting the player (hopefully players) that he does want/is happy with.

Getting off on the right foot.

First impressions of him.

Good

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 8119 viewsDyfnant

Cheeky tw@ telling Huw who to sign

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:03 - Jan 28 with 8031 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:57 - Jan 28 by Dyfnant

He'll be picking the team and taking training next...
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 8010 viewsMillie

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:57 - Jan 28 by Dyfnant

Another 'yes' man
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:09 - Jan 28 with 7925 viewstomdickharry

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:38 - Jan 28 by Devz00

He was my player when we were at Parma. He was a promising player, very young and then went on. He’s a good player, a good guy and can be important for us. He can help us get some results and score many goals - I hope.
I asked the chairman to sign him, if it was a possibility because I like him as a player.
He is a modern player, he can play well in the Premier League, because he is strong and a good player.

Good to hear!

Yes its very refreshing,Mr Guidolin appears to be his own man and has come to make a success of the job,he knows the player and it is good to read that the club are supporting him.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 7826 viewsGriffting

Lad seems to have a good work rate, looks to face up and run at players and not afraid to have a shot. Also looks like he can head the ball as well. Saw him thread a few nice passes through to his team mates in the highlight reels as well. 8 goals in 19 starts in a struggling team that lacks creative players according to Italian press, not a bad level either the Serie A so all in all quite pleased with this one. He's not a household name ala Doumbia (Who coincidentally struggled in Serie A in a much better Roma team) or Bony, but hope he works out.. As i'm sure we all do!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:20 - Jan 28 with 7781 viewskarnataka

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:03 - Jan 28 by WarwickHunt

He'll be picking the team and taking training next...

Mark my words, it'll end in tears.....
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:28 - Jan 28 with 7703 viewsDavillin

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:56 - Jan 28 by marchamjack

I think it's excellent that clearly he's not going to be handed players by Huw/the board that he doesn't know about and doesn't want. Good, as I said.

Glad he's getting the player (hopefully players) that he does want/is happy with.

Getting off on the right foot.

First impressions of him.

Good

I don't where the idea comes from that Swansea managers are just "handed players by Huw/the board that he doesn't know about and doesn't want."

To my recollection Laudrup was the only manager who never said that he was involved with Huw in targeting players, and Laudrup used Muley to do that. [I forget his name.] To our -- and Laudrup's -- detriment.

Yes, perhaps some young players, or players already in the pipeline, might be recommended to Guidolin for an up-or-down, but from his hiring forward, he'll either recommend to Huw or Huw will recommend to him, but he'll have the say.

It's clear that Guidolin was hired because he has the same football philosophy as Swansea City, including the kind of players we need. That's central to the Swansea way and to Swansea's success. And he knew that before he came here.

Of course, Huw will do the negotiating [as it should be], but even that will be subject to Guidolin's input, such as max. transfer fee and annual salary.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:28 - Jan 28 with 7691 viewsperchrockjack

Augurs well.

I d like this Feyenoord fella to come to replace shelve.

I d also like Gomis to stay

If we get a point or three at Albion I ll have a warm feeling.

Sadly I ll be out of the country for Franks first home game.

HERE S HOPING ANYWAY

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:57 - Jan 28 with 7485 viewsDewi1jack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:20 - Jan 28 by karnataka

Mark my words, it'll end in tears.....

Especially when Kristiano Learyo rocks up

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:59 - Jan 28 with 7458 viewsskippyjack

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:02 - Jan 28 with 7413 viewsTheKirkyLife

His English has already come on so much. He is EXACTLY what Swansea needed in this moment. I feel safe with him and to sign Paloschi is something at least.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 7317 viewsSwanjaxs

Good news indeed. ... now let's go all out for the midfielder 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:20 - Jan 28 with 7236 viewsdailew

Still not official - his wiki page says Chievo.

Reminds me of Daniel Peacock - have they ever been seen together?

Daniel Peacock.

Alberto Paloschi

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:23 - Jan 28 with 7193 viewsGlyn1

As background information, I asked an Italian work colleague for his opinion of the player and the team (Chievo).

He said that Paloschi would be a decent if unspectacular signing and thinks he would do well in the Premier League.

Chievo are a team that have been punching above their weight for several years and (to quote him) "realistically shouldn't really be in Serie A". They've never had any big-name players and in fact most of the team are not Italians, but are cheap buys from eastern Europe and elsewhere. After struggling for a couple of seasons this season they are looking to finish safely in mid-table, so selling Paloschi to us won't be a big risk for them. They're funded by a local bakery firm apparently.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 17:25]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024