Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat for Fernandez? 18:17 - Feb 6 with 5431 viewsTheKirkyLife

Discuss, the lad was rock solid before Fernandez came in.
Amat for Fernandez? on 10:06 - Feb 7 with 776 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Amat for Fernandez? on 08:20 - Feb 7 by Starsky

That is bollocks... Amat has made errors leading to a goal

The intersesting statistic for me is Amat's Interceptions.
It suggests that he see's the play better and reacts quicker than both Ash & FF.

Has Amat's errors led to goals this season, he has only played 112 minutes?
Amat for Fernandez? on 10:19 - Feb 7 with 765 viewsmax936

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:19 - Feb 6 by Darran

Leave it Paul his face doesn't fit with some and it'll be like that until the day he leaves.

I've always liked him, but l don't think he's good enough defending set pieces or distributing the ball, myself, with regards the set piece it could be our overall defensive shape when we're defending them.

His face fits fine with me, mush, lve praised him to many times for it not to be.

Liverpool idols, nice touch that you prune, dear me mun.

Yeah let's get Sako, Toure or Lovren here.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 11:07]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:23 - Feb 7 with 763 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 19:31 - Feb 6 by LeonisGod

Nothing wrong with Fede at all. An upgrade on Chico whom he was bought to replace, streets ahead of Bartley and forms a good partnership with Ash. I don't see what the problem is.

Mega lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:28 - Feb 7 with 752 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 00:58 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

There's good reason why he isn't getting near the Argentina squad any more.

He's our second best centre back though.

Exactly people love an escape goat it'll probably be Taylor again next week and at least he isn't an embarrassing cheat like Flores was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:30 - Feb 7 with 748 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:31 - Feb 6 by Kilkennyjack

Both can do a job. Fede with Ash for me.

Amateur possibly. Fernandez showed yesterday that Eder and Tabannou weren't the only transfer f*ck ups the club had made .

I think Huw and Monk saw £8 million Argentine international available and did a click and collect. Didn't even watch the obligatory you tube video.

£8 ,000,000 ?????????? Peter Paul and Mary AND throw in the new seekers FFS!

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:37 - Feb 7 with 738 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 20:55 - Feb 6 by jamieswan78

Most teams struggle with set pieces, at best we are a mid table premier league club, where are we going to find better than FF within our transfer budget and wage structure?

Glad we have Amat and he seems to avoid trouble, he's 3rd place centre back for me though.

With Michu and later Bony we punched above our weight for a few years as we probably won a few games we wouldn't have won without their ability to take chances. The last 2 draws would probably have been wins with either of these 2 in the team.

We had a better player for £2 million who we let go for roughly the same. Something about his immorality and falling over and feigning injury, which of course is the main thing when looking at a player isn't it?.
I mean forget defensive positioning, heading ability, passing ability , ability to score from set pieces (!!!!!!!) And the only player looking remotely comfortable bribing the ball out of defence.

Aye, give me Fernandez and his non play acting any day of the week............................

Eight f*cking million...............

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:41 - Feb 7 with 732 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 23:13 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

2 goals conceded from open play (both at Old Trafford) in 9 games bar the Sunderland officiating farce.

While we need to sort out defending corners, to suggest that our centre backs aren't good enough given that recent record is ludicrous.

I would imagine every other club would love to have that record.

What, conceding from set pieces almost every game? Go and have a lie down

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:43 - Feb 7 with 722 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:37 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

We had a better player for £2 million who we let go for roughly the same. Something about his immorality and falling over and feigning injury, which of course is the main thing when looking at a player isn't it?.
I mean forget defensive positioning, heading ability, passing ability , ability to score from set pieces (!!!!!!!) And the only player looking remotely comfortable bribing the ball out of defence.

Aye, give me Fernandez and his non play acting any day of the week............................

Why don't you come out and say what you mean?
Are you trying to say you think FF was overpriced at £8M then?
Login to get fewer ads

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:47 - Feb 7 with 717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:19 - Feb 7 by max936

I've always liked him, but l don't think he's good enough defending set pieces or distributing the ball, myself, with regards the set piece it could be our overall defensive shape when we're defending them.

His face fits fine with me, mush, lve praised him to many times for it not to be.

Liverpool idols, nice touch that you prune, dear me mun.

Yeah let's get Sako, Toure or Lovren here.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 11:07]

Max, he's as thick as p*gshit when it comes to understanding football. He has demonstrated this on every rare occasion he isn't attacking other posters, ethnic minorities and people of different sexual orientation.

His blind backing of Garry Monk said it all.

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:49 - Feb 7 with 712 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:43 - Feb 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Why don't you come out and say what you mean?
Are you trying to say you think FF was overpriced at £8M then?

Yes. By around roughly seven and a half million pounds.

Amat for Fernandez? on 11:08 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsWhiterockin

IMO the best defender we have had at set plays in the last couple of years was Bony. Everybody marked up/covered their zone and Bony attacked the ball. Maybe we will go that way IF we go three at the back.
Amat for Fernandez? on 11:09 - Feb 7 with 681 viewsJackFish

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:37 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Chico better than Fernandez? Behave yourself. Think you're the one that needs to go for a lie down.
Amat for Fernandez? on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 663 viewsDarran

Amat for Fernandez? on 11:09 - Feb 7 by JackFish

Chico better than Fernandez? Behave yourself. Think you're the one that needs to go for a lie down.

I think it must be because he just gets on with his game instead of rolling around,cheating and generally acting like a bit of a c*nt.
Some people like that kind of thing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:14 - Feb 7 with 628 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Amat for Fernandez? on 11:08 - Feb 7 by Whiterockin

IMO the best defender we have had at set plays in the last couple of years was Bony. Everybody marked up/covered their zone and Bony attacked the ball. Maybe we will go that way IF we go three at the back.

This.

Perhaps Fer can do it for us, they should try him out in training to see how he deals with incoming balls.
Amat for Fernandez? on 12:20 - Feb 7 with 609 viewsUxbridge

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:41 - Feb 7 by Brynmill_Jack

What, conceding from set pieces almost every game? Go and have a lie down

Well, I could put the goals at Man City and Everton directly at Williams' door. Which ones were Fernandez's fault?

Our problem at set pieces is largely because we're a team of shortarses. Gylfi marking the oppositions main attacking threat being a major case in point. But no, Fernandez is the issue. Blimey.

We've got three decent CB's. And Bartley. There's the upgrade path right there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:24 - Feb 7 with 598 viewsJackanapes

FF has gone from a Bentley to a Punto in three weeks according to this forum.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 585 viewsJackFish

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:24 - Feb 7 by Jackanapes

FF has gone from a Bentley to a Punto in three weeks according to this forum.

Which is bizarre as we haven't conceded a goal from open play in that time.
Amat for Fernandez? on 13:00 - Feb 7 with 564 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nobody was complaining about or defence last season we conceded 1.29 goals per game. This season 1.32 goals per game. Over a season that is 1 more goal conceded. It is our lack of goals that is the problem.

We have only managed to score 2 goals in 8 matches
Scored one goal in 8 matches
Failed to score in 9 matches

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:03 - Feb 7 with 555 viewsVetchitBack

This isn't knee jerk but I'm still surprised to say that Chico was better than I thought and FF isn't an upgrade. He's our second best defender though and we need to sort set peices out which goes without saying. Should Cork be doing more? I'm not sure of the answer. Height for height's sake would make us a very poor man's Stoke/Pulis team.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:03 - Feb 7 with 557 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:20 - Feb 7 by Uxbridge

Well, I could put the goals at Man City and Everton directly at Williams' door. Which ones were Fernandez's fault?

Our problem at set pieces is largely because we're a team of shortarses. Gylfi marking the oppositions main attacking threat being a major case in point. But no, Fernandez is the issue. Blimey.

We've got three decent CB's. And Bartley. There's the upgrade path right there.

Ux, I didn't single any one individual out over corners and set piece defending. It's FF's general standard and his over inflated fee I'm droning on about.

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:04 - Feb 7 with 544 viewsJackanapes

Its just suddenly become a fact that we were overcharged for him, which is patently nonsense. Its fascinating watching myths born on here. One clueless fker states we were overcharged for him. Then someone else chimes in with the same thing and pretty soon a fact is born. Well its bollox and you should all go and find something more productive to do with your time that make up shyt about things you know very little about.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:14 - Feb 7 with 531 viewsmax936

Amat for Fernandez? on 12:34 - Feb 7 by JackFish

Which is bizarre as we haven't conceded a goal from open play in that time.

But we conceded 2 in the last 2 games from set piece situation and almost a 3rd at Everton, but Coleman put it over, maybe it's our organistion then, but Freddy didn't help himself yday by concentrating on holding Danns and not the ball.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 13:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:18 - Feb 7 with 519 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 11:09 - Feb 7 by JackFish

Yes. And for six million quid less. So what if he play acted? Is that what you base your judgement on? He looks as weak as a kitten and the pass he sold Fabian's short with could easily have resulted in a Palace goal (not to mention a keeper with a broken leg). Awful.

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:20 - Feb 7 with 518 views3swan

Amat for Fernandez? on 10:28 - Feb 7 by Darran

Exactly people love an escape goat it'll probably be Taylor again next week and at least he isn't an embarrassing cheat like Flores was.

Why does any comments mean that it's an escape goat. It's comments on a player nothing more nothing else. All our players have positives and negatives, it's when negatives tilt the balance is when there are threads like this.
I have nothing against FF but in my opinion he is not strong enough and his play is more reactive than proactive
Amat for Fernandez? on 13:23 - Feb 7 with 505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat for Fernandez? on 13:20 - Feb 7 by 3swan

Why does any comments mean that it's an escape goat. It's comments on a player nothing more nothing else. All our players have positives and negatives, it's when negatives tilt the balance is when there are threads like this.
I have nothing against FF but in my opinion he is not strong enough and his play is more reactive than proactive

That's a balanced and fair opinion. But you're wasting your time as Darren doesn't do balance

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024