Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? 20:50 - Mar 7 with 63290 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:49 - Mar 8 with 2041 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 17:45 - Mar 8 by johnlangy

The old saying that if you do the same thing why would you expect anything to change springs to mind (not the exact words but you get my drift).

The Welsh electorate continue to vote Labour in to power. It doesn't seem to matter what Labor actually do, people just vote for them. And sure enough nothing changes. There are lots of threads on this forum arguing for the WAG to spread investment around Wales instead of ploughing the huge majority of it into Cardiff and the South East. But, if they are voted back in that says to them that they are doing the right thing so they'll continue.

If you agree that investment should be spread around Wales then vote. And if you agree that that should happen vote for Plaid. They have stated that they will not support ANY government which wants to put the WHOLE of the Welsh road infrastructure budget for two years into the M4 relief road. Which is just another huge boost to the Cardiff region. Both Labour and the Conservatives have stated that this is what they will do.

It won't change if you vote for Labour, it may (will ?) change if you vote Plaid. You know it makes sense.

Nice post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:47 - Mar 8 with 2023 viewsKerouac

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:19 - Mar 8 by controversial_jack

Can anyone give me one good logical reason why we should vote. Not an emotional reason, or one based on tradition or what if we didn't have one, etc,just a good logical reason to believe that anything will change whoever we vote for?

In this country (the UK) you can achieve change through the ballot box. The idea that you can't is put about by lazy peeps who just like to whinge instead of do.

Evidence for this?
- Millions of Scottish people voted SNP and got themselves a referendum on Scottish Independence.
- Millions of people voted for UKIP (which put pressure on the Tory party) and got themselves a referendum on our membership of the EU.
- Enough people voted for the Lib Dems in 2010 to force a coalition and make them the kingmaker....Lib Dem policy was enacted for the first time in about 90 years (if you see the old Liberal party as the forefathers of the current Lib Dems, which I do).

....and let me tell you, as a party member, about how Lib Dem policy is made (actually I'll just lift it from the website);

"The Liberal Democrats are not like other parties. Our members decide our policy. Their experience and understanding helps ensure we have the very best policies that matter to ordinary people.
That's why, unlike the other parties, Liberal Democrat members, elected as local representatives, vote on all policy at our Party Conferences. No proposal can become Lib Dem policy until Conference
has voted for it - and our members can even put forward their own proposals, which carry the same weight as any other ideas from our MPs or spokespeople.
If you want to help write Lib Dem policy, become a member today!
If you are a member, click below to find out more about how you can get involved in making policy."

Here's an example of what gets dropped in your inbox as a Lib Dem party member;

"Hi Kerouac,

In the autumn, the Liberal Democrats set up an independent panel of experts to look at how a regulated, legalised cannabis market could work in the UK.

That panel has now been published their report, and it sets out how a legal cannabis market could work in the UK.

It is the first of its kind - and if adopted would mean the UK would join other countries around the world that have successfully regulated cannabis markets.

I support the recommendations of this report. We now have to be ambitious about reform.

It is not good enough to continue pretending that everything is ok, or that the current system is working. We should be ambitious in our new approach. Millions of British citizens are using cannabis with no idea of the potency of what they are taking and too many are still being criminalised, which blights careers. At the same time huge sums of money is put into the pockets of organised crime.

The current system is doing untold harm: on health grounds and on justice grounds. Several states in the US have now introduced a regulated market and now the new Liberal Government in Canada is set to follow suit. We should lead the case for reform here.

You can read my blog post about it online or join our campaign for drugs reform.

The report's findings will be debated and voted upon this weekend at Spring Conference in York.

For this motion only, amendments can be submitted here until 1pm on Thursday 10th March. The motion is F7 Regulatory Framework for Cannabis, and full text of the motion can be found online. Amendments to all other motions must be received by 1300 on Tuesday 8th March.

Regards,

Norman
Norman Lamb MP"

So change is perfectly possible, you just have to get involved and persuade other people to vote for it.
This is not a Lib Dem party broadcast. All of the parties have something to say and it is up to you to inform yourself and pick the party which best represents your views.

My advice if you can't stand the status quo? Vote for anyone but Labour and Conservative.....and then get in to the ear of everybody you know who has similar views to you and get them to vote for anyone but Labour or Conservative.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2016 18:50]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:17 - Mar 9 with 1974 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:47 - Mar 8 by Kerouac

In this country (the UK) you can achieve change through the ballot box. The idea that you can't is put about by lazy peeps who just like to whinge instead of do.

Evidence for this?
- Millions of Scottish people voted SNP and got themselves a referendum on Scottish Independence.
- Millions of people voted for UKIP (which put pressure on the Tory party) and got themselves a referendum on our membership of the EU.
- Enough people voted for the Lib Dems in 2010 to force a coalition and make them the kingmaker....Lib Dem policy was enacted for the first time in about 90 years (if you see the old Liberal party as the forefathers of the current Lib Dems, which I do).

....and let me tell you, as a party member, about how Lib Dem policy is made (actually I'll just lift it from the website);

"The Liberal Democrats are not like other parties. Our members decide our policy. Their experience and understanding helps ensure we have the very best policies that matter to ordinary people.
That's why, unlike the other parties, Liberal Democrat members, elected as local representatives, vote on all policy at our Party Conferences. No proposal can become Lib Dem policy until Conference
has voted for it - and our members can even put forward their own proposals, which carry the same weight as any other ideas from our MPs or spokespeople.
If you want to help write Lib Dem policy, become a member today!
If you are a member, click below to find out more about how you can get involved in making policy."

Here's an example of what gets dropped in your inbox as a Lib Dem party member;

"Hi Kerouac,

In the autumn, the Liberal Democrats set up an independent panel of experts to look at how a regulated, legalised cannabis market could work in the UK.

That panel has now been published their report, and it sets out how a legal cannabis market could work in the UK.

It is the first of its kind - and if adopted would mean the UK would join other countries around the world that have successfully regulated cannabis markets.

I support the recommendations of this report. We now have to be ambitious about reform.

It is not good enough to continue pretending that everything is ok, or that the current system is working. We should be ambitious in our new approach. Millions of British citizens are using cannabis with no idea of the potency of what they are taking and too many are still being criminalised, which blights careers. At the same time huge sums of money is put into the pockets of organised crime.

The current system is doing untold harm: on health grounds and on justice grounds. Several states in the US have now introduced a regulated market and now the new Liberal Government in Canada is set to follow suit. We should lead the case for reform here.

You can read my blog post about it online or join our campaign for drugs reform.

The report's findings will be debated and voted upon this weekend at Spring Conference in York.

For this motion only, amendments can be submitted here until 1pm on Thursday 10th March. The motion is F7 Regulatory Framework for Cannabis, and full text of the motion can be found online. Amendments to all other motions must be received by 1300 on Tuesday 8th March.

Regards,

Norman
Norman Lamb MP"

So change is perfectly possible, you just have to get involved and persuade other people to vote for it.
This is not a Lib Dem party broadcast. All of the parties have something to say and it is up to you to inform yourself and pick the party which best represents your views.

My advice if you can't stand the status quo? Vote for anyone but Labour and Conservative.....and then get in to the ear of everybody you know who has similar views to you and get them to vote for anyone but Labour or Conservative.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2016 18:50]

He's perfectly right. We don't get change in Swansea because we keep voting in the same career politicians who have done nothing to fight for us. We've voted in the same government for the last 20 odd years and in that time, they have successfully created a city-state where all our investment goes into one city - just look at the transformation of Cardiff in the past 20 years. Why on earth would things change if we put them back in, again? We're a safe seat. They don't need to work for our vote.

You can get change, but you have to vote to create it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:40 - Mar 9 with 1951 viewsjohnlangy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:17 - Mar 9 by CopperJack

He's perfectly right. We don't get change in Swansea because we keep voting in the same career politicians who have done nothing to fight for us. We've voted in the same government for the last 20 odd years and in that time, they have successfully created a city-state where all our investment goes into one city - just look at the transformation of Cardiff in the past 20 years. Why on earth would things change if we put them back in, again? We're a safe seat. They don't need to work for our vote.

You can get change, but you have to vote to create it.

Excellent posts from both CJ and Kerouac.

I'm obviously a Plaid voter but Kerouac makes a good argument for the Lib Dems as against the same old Labour and, please God never in Wales at least, Conservatives.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:03 - Mar 9 with 1930 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 09:40 - Mar 9 by johnlangy

Excellent posts from both CJ and Kerouac.

I'm obviously a Plaid voter but Kerouac makes a good argument for the Lib Dems as against the same old Labour and, please God never in Wales at least, Conservatives.

No, you would still be voting for right wing unionist policies, the power base of the Lib-Dems would not be in Wales, all the right wing unionist parties are Cardiff/London and South East Wales and South East England centric.

Plaid is the only call for real change that will treat all of Wales equally, there is no other party as they are all London based parties that seem to care little for Wales apart from Cardiff and the surrounding area.

Any vote other than Plaid is voting for more of the same which means Swansea is unlikely to do as well as Cardiff and lots of places in the rest of Wales are likely to not get a look in.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:52 - Mar 9 with 1918 viewsHighjack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:03 - Mar 9 by trampie

No, you would still be voting for right wing unionist policies, the power base of the Lib-Dems would not be in Wales, all the right wing unionist parties are Cardiff/London and South East Wales and South East England centric.

Plaid is the only call for real change that will treat all of Wales equally, there is no other party as they are all London based parties that seem to care little for Wales apart from Cardiff and the surrounding area.

Any vote other than Plaid is voting for more of the same which means Swansea is unlikely to do as well as Cardiff and lots of places in the rest of Wales are likely to not get a look in.

Plaid is a Cardiff based party trampie.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:57 - Mar 9 with 1910 viewstrampie

Plaids heartlands are far away from Cardiff [in Welsh terms], Cardiff is in Wales.
Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems, UKIP etc are centred in a different country even to Wales.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 12:04]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 13:59 - Mar 9 with 1879 viewsKerouac

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 11:57 - Mar 9 by trampie

Plaids heartlands are far away from Cardiff [in Welsh terms], Cardiff is in Wales.
Labour, Conservatives, Lib-Dems, UKIP etc are centred in a different country even to Wales.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 12:04]

That's funny because when I meet up with my fellow Lib Dems we do it in Swansea.
Peter Black does a fantastic job of representing Swansea and south west Wales in the Assembly...e.g securing grant money for local deprived children with poor reading, writing and numeracy skills. He's English as well!
Chris Holley and co. are devoted to Swansea and this region too (he's a local boy, you'll like him).

I perhaps shouldn't say this on here but I actually know someone who is helping to coordinate Plaid Cymru's campaign in this area and I know for a fact that he doesn't believe in Plaid Cymru's message...it's just a job....and I know that Plaid's campaign hq is based in Cardiff.

So you are, as usual, talking shit.

Ever heard of the Welsh Lib Dems, Welsh Conservatives, Welsh Labour etc. ?
They all represent Welsh people's interests within the UK state.
You want to claim that whether Wales leaves that state or not is "no biggie" and then claim that anyone who doesn't wish to break up that state can't possibly represent the interests of the Welsh....shame for you is that most of your own voters don't even want an independent Wales.

Does that make large swathes of the Plaid Cymru support "UK Nats" out to get the Welsh?

Login to get fewer ads

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:31 - Mar 9 with 1864 viewstrampie

The word on the street is Black does not want Wales to have a national cricket team and apparently anybody that does he thinks is in the main people that support Welsh independence. Some might say that Blacks view seems to be coloured by his nationality.
Also wasn't Black on the Swansea council the Swansea council that is notorious for not being very good at serving the people of Swansea ? and that guy Holley was the leader of Swansea council wasn't he ?, I've heard it said that the council did more damage to Swansea than the Luftwaffe.

People can and will vote for who they like, they can vote for Labour again as they usually do, Conservatives as in the Gower constituency in the GE again, Lib-Dem as in Council leaders again or UKIP its up to Swansea people, but I would say to Swansea people you keep voting for the same type of right wing unionist parties you will get the same results over and over, vote Plaid for something different eg centre left policies and wealth spread out from Cardiff.

If the people of Swansea vote for right wing Brit Nats then they can't complain when they get right wing Brit Nat policies can they.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 14:50]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:57 - Mar 9 with 1839 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:31 - Mar 9 by trampie

The word on the street is Black does not want Wales to have a national cricket team and apparently anybody that does he thinks is in the main people that support Welsh independence. Some might say that Blacks view seems to be coloured by his nationality.
Also wasn't Black on the Swansea council the Swansea council that is notorious for not being very good at serving the people of Swansea ? and that guy Holley was the leader of Swansea council wasn't he ?, I've heard it said that the council did more damage to Swansea than the Luftwaffe.

People can and will vote for who they like, they can vote for Labour again as they usually do, Conservatives as in the Gower constituency in the GE again, Lib-Dem as in Council leaders again or UKIP its up to Swansea people, but I would say to Swansea people you keep voting for the same type of right wing unionist parties you will get the same results over and over, vote Plaid for something different eg centre left policies and wealth spread out from Cardiff.

If the people of Swansea vote for right wing Brit Nats then they can't complain when they get right wing Brit Nat policies can they.

I know you can't understand this, but no Welsh parties, and certainly not Welsh LAbour, are Brit Nats, as you affectionately call them. They're very Pro-Welsh which is why they've created a city-state. None of their policies are aimed at improving Hull, or Falkirk, or anywhere else in Britain. It's all Cardiff - their capital. I'd say they're pretty close to Welsh nationalists themselves. Carywn Jones even complained to Arriva Trains Wales because they didn't announce the train times in Welsh - hardly 'Brit Nat' is it?

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:05 - Mar 9 with 1832 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:57 - Mar 9 by CopperJack

I know you can't understand this, but no Welsh parties, and certainly not Welsh LAbour, are Brit Nats, as you affectionately call them. They're very Pro-Welsh which is why they've created a city-state. None of their policies are aimed at improving Hull, or Falkirk, or anywhere else in Britain. It's all Cardiff - their capital. I'd say they're pretty close to Welsh nationalists themselves. Carywn Jones even complained to Arriva Trains Wales because they didn't announce the train times in Welsh - hardly 'Brit Nat' is it?

Creating a city state is not being pro Welsh, their policies are doing nothing for the North, West or Valleys, Brit Nats are known for setting up a stronghold investing in that stronghold and administrating the rest of the region from there, see some of the castles in Wales as an example.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:10 - Mar 9 with 1824 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

How People are still voting Tory after this sh!t we've put up with the last 6 years beggars belief .

Open your eyes FFS

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:26 - Mar 9 with 1815 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:10 - Mar 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

How People are still voting Tory after this sh!t we've put up with the last 6 years beggars belief .

Open your eyes FFS

How are people still voting Labour after 20 consecutive years of neglect? 20 years where our money has been stolen and given to the rich to create a super city-state and let the rest of us suffer? Baffles me.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 1807 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 15:26 - Mar 9 by CopperJack

How are people still voting Labour after 20 consecutive years of neglect? 20 years where our money has been stolen and given to the rich to create a super city-state and let the rest of us suffer? Baffles me.

Indeed

We both agree then

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:44 - Mar 9 with 1777 viewsKerouac

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 14:31 - Mar 9 by trampie

"Also wasn't Black on the Swansea council the Swansea council that is notorious for not being very good at serving the people of Swansea ? and that guy Holley was the leader of Swansea council wasn't he ?, I've heard it said that the council did more damage to Swansea than the Luftwaffe."

That Lib Dem council did a great job and kept council tax down.

Look here for an amusing run down on the shambles that followed;
http://jacothenorth.net/blog/tag/mitchell-theaker/

....if you read down far enough he pretty much sums up Plaid Cymru also!

That Lib Dem council was full of local (as in, they live here....not talking about their blood line to Llewellyn and Glyndwr Trampie) committed Lib Dems.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 18:56 - Mar 9 with 1769 viewstrampie

I've read what Jaco had to say about Black before and his anti Welsh cricket team stance.

Jaco is a nationalist, a real one, he is often critical of Plaid for that reason, i'm sure I've read him backing Plaid mind you as the others are well you know Brit Nats, but he will criticise Plaid as he would like them to be like him, I say oi Jaco butt they are 'Reds', valley girls have taken over, get used to it.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 19:01]

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:08 - Mar 9 with 1753 viewsacejack3065

That wouldn't be the same Jac o' the North who, in his latest blog post called a section of our fans "the local fascist crew" and an "embarrassment to the club and an insult to a city"

http://jacothenorth.net/blog/

Here's another one for you:

"I bet these bastards will be supporting England at Euro 2016 — even in the Wales v England game"

That's not very nice is it?
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:16 - Mar 9 with 1743 viewstrampie

Jaco is Swansea to the core, Swansea and Wales as opposed to Swansea and Britain.

A, 'Swansea o Swansea o City said I', type.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:21 - Mar 9 with 1732 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:16 - Mar 9 by trampie

Jaco is Swansea to the core, Swansea and Wales as opposed to Swansea and Britain.

Opposed to Swansea and Britain, and any regularly attending Swans fan that has their own ideas and opinions on what it means to be Welsh, British or indeed a Swans fan.

What a c0ck.
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:36 - Mar 9 with 1713 viewstrampie

acejack3065, Jaco has an awful lot to say about Labour and Swansea Labour, you mentioned recently in a thread I posted on that you signed up with Labour in Gorseinon college, perhaps you can tell me what they call people that come from the land between Swansea and Llanelli, they call Swansea people Jacks and they call Llanelli people Terks, do they call the people in the middle Jerks ? lol

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:50 - Mar 9 with 1701 viewsacejack3065

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:36 - Mar 9 by trampie

acejack3065, Jaco has an awful lot to say about Labour and Swansea Labour, you mentioned recently in a thread I posted on that you signed up with Labour in Gorseinon college, perhaps you can tell me what they call people that come from the land between Swansea and Llanelli, they call Swansea people Jacks and they call Llanelli people Terks, do they call the people in the middle Jerks ? lol

Lots of his criticisms seem valid. Tbh I don't keep up with the council politics too much. Any councillor whose attendance is substandard should be brought to book IMO.

However his complaints and criticisms of the Union Flag toting Swans fans were very unsavory and not the words of a Swans fan with much love for the club and it's current fan base.

I'm 100% Jack, regardless of what side of the Loughor Bridge I'm standing on
The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:16 - Mar 9 with 1680 viewsLohengrin

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:16 - Mar 9 by trampie

Roy is a fu**in' fruitloop. Trust me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:18 - Mar 9 with 1676 viewstrampie

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 20:59 - Mar 9 with 1659 viewsCopperJack

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 19:21 - Mar 9 by acejack3065

Opposed to Swansea and Britain, and any regularly attending Swans fan that has their own ideas and opinions on what it means to be Welsh, British or indeed a Swans fan.

What a c0ck.

Amen to this.

The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why? on 21:45 - Mar 9 with 1628 viewstrampie

The best outcome that could be hoped for would be Labour to lose seats and Plaid to finish second, making Plaid the kingmakers, with either Plaid coming to an arrangement with Labour but a coalition with them should be ruled out, or Plaid being the lead party of a rainbow coalition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024