Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looked 18:31 - Mar 12 with 4689 viewsangryjack

A lot more balanced without ayew
Looked on 18:40 - Mar 12 with 3639 viewsYantoFullPelt

Because we played a proper winger that doesn't go missing and gives a wide outlet that isn't scared to take on and run at defenders.
Looked on 18:41 - Mar 12 with 3626 viewsangryjack

Correct
Looked on 18:42 - Mar 12 with 3614 viewsawayjack

Yes funny how pace on the wing makes us more balanced. Great outlet and kept their LB / DM honest. Shame our defence was shite today as Barrow /Siggy deserved more.
Looked on 18:45 - Mar 12 with 3601 viewsYantoFullPelt

Pace on the wings has always made us more balanced, let's hope Barrow goes from strength to strength and Montero can sort his head out
Looked on 20:59 - Mar 12 with 3421 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew straight back in the team in front of Routs I would go for.
Looked on 21:24 - Mar 12 with 3368 viewsTim_Harry

Looked on 20:59 - Mar 12 by blaine_scfc

Ayew straight back in the team in front of Routs I would go for.

That would be great if he could offer us some width and not spend most of the game playing as a second striker.

Ayew is a great player, but I'm yet to see anything in him that suggests he's a winger. All his best qualities are that of a striker.
Looked on 21:40 - Mar 12 with 3319 viewsLeonisGod

We would do. I've been saying it for 6 months: square peg, round hole.
Looked on 08:15 - Mar 13 with 3161 viewsYantoFullPelt

Looked on 21:24 - Mar 12 by Tim_Harry

That would be great if he could offer us some width and not spend most of the game playing as a second striker.

Ayew is a great player, but I'm yet to see anything in him that suggests he's a winger. All his best qualities are that of a striker.

Exactly, a winger he is not, he should not play again unless as a striker
Login to get fewer ads

Looked on 08:32 - Mar 13 with 3129 viewsblaine_scfc

Looked on 08:15 - Mar 13 by YantoFullPelt

Exactly, a winger he is not, he should not play again unless as a striker

Winger or not he would bring more to the team than Routs in my opinion. If you want an out and out winger then it should be Montero on the other flank.
Looked on 08:44 - Mar 13 with 3104 viewskarnataka

10 minutes into the game I asked my mate how you could shoehorn Ayew into the team without disrupting the shape and why would you want to. We agreed that the only player you could have replaced with Ayew and retained the shape would have been Paloschi. In other words, Ayew is a striker not a midfielder.
Looked on 09:24 - Mar 13 with 3039 viewsDr_Winston

Looked on 08:44 - Mar 13 by karnataka

10 minutes into the game I asked my mate how you could shoehorn Ayew into the team without disrupting the shape and why would you want to. We agreed that the only player you could have replaced with Ayew and retained the shape would have been Paloschi. In other words, Ayew is a striker not a midfielder.

Depends whether you attribute our extra zing going forward to the absence of Ayew or the presence of Barrow. Personally I lean towards the latter.

Think Blaine's not far off. You could swap Ayew and Routs and certainly not have a detrimental effect on the team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Looked on 12:05 - Mar 13 with 2894 viewskarnataka

Looked on 09:24 - Mar 13 by Dr_Winston

Depends whether you attribute our extra zing going forward to the absence of Ayew or the presence of Barrow. Personally I lean towards the latter.

Think Blaine's not far off. You could swap Ayew and Routs and certainly not have a detrimental effect on the team.

Well it's both I guess because the extra zing was because Ayew that Barrow replaced in the starting lineup so in this case you don't get Barrow's presence without Ayew's absence. As for the Ayew/Routs swap, yes, you'd get extra goal threat but maybe at the expense of a bit of team cohesion so I'd say that would depend on who the opposition was,
Looked on 12:46 - Mar 13 with 2860 viewsTheFranchise

Hopefully now the sun is back out we can get Montero on the pitch as well as Barrow. 2 pacey wingers stretch the pitch out and creates space in the middle for the likes of Gylfi to cause carnage.

Who is our best striking option in a more attacking 433? Gomis, Paloschi or Ayew.
Looked on 12:48 - Mar 13 with 2856 viewsClinton

Looked on 12:46 - Mar 13 by TheFranchise

Hopefully now the sun is back out we can get Montero on the pitch as well as Barrow. 2 pacey wingers stretch the pitch out and creates space in the middle for the likes of Gylfi to cause carnage.

Who is our best striking option in a more attacking 433? Gomis, Paloschi or Ayew.

Ayew first 60 minutes and then Paloschi as sub.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Looked on 13:23 - Mar 13 with 2815 viewsStarsky

Looked on 12:46 - Mar 13 by TheFranchise

I've thought this for a while... And swap wings occasionally, Feck them up

It's just the internet, init.

Looked on 14:12 - Mar 13 with 2763 viewsangryjack

Ayew needs to be left out for couple games play with pace on the wings
Looked on 12:27 - Mar 14 with 2631 viewsangryjack

Looked on 14:12 - Mar 13 by angryjack

Ayew needs to be left out for couple games play with pace on the wings

According to the post he out this week as well thank f@ck!!
Looked on 12:43 - Mar 14 with 2597 viewsblaine_scfc

Looked on 12:27 - Mar 14 by angryjack

According to the post he out this week as well thank f@ck!!

Why the dislike of Ayew? Without his goals we would be f*cked...
Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 with 2542 viewsangryjack

Looked on 12:43 - Mar 14 by blaine_scfc

Personally think he unbalances the side he lazy,and I believe I know its hypothetical but without him this season we would have played with proper wingers and I believe we would have scored more goals without him
Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 with 2541 viewsSenhin

Looked on 12:43 - Mar 14 by blaine_scfc

Cos he doesn't stay on the touch line and scores goals mun. That means we have to play him as a striker and not a winger.

It's not like two of the best teams in the world play the three best players in the world on the wings, but have them come inside and do little defensively... that would never work.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Looked on 14:15 - Mar 14 with 2446 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 by angryjack

Personally think he unbalances the side he lazy,and I believe I know its hypothetical but without him this season we would have played with proper wingers and I believe we would have scored more goals without him

Ayew Lazy, what alternative Universe do you live in?
Looked on 14:31 - Mar 14 with 2425 viewsjack247

Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 by Senhin

Cos he doesn't stay on the touch line and scores goals mun. That means we have to play him as a striker and not a winger.

It's not like two of the best teams in the world play the three best players in the world on the wings, but have them come inside and do little defensively... that would never work.

In all fairness, what Messi, Suarez and Neymar do to Almeria and Getafes defences isn't exactly a like for like comparison with our situation.

When we were at our free flowing best under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup fullbacks attacked and wingers defended. With or without the ball we hunted in packs and moved up and down the pitch as a team.

I can't see why people think Ayew is lazy though, if anything, he works too hard, can be over eager to get involved in the action and can subsequently get caught out of position. He certainly doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities.
Looked on 14:43 - Mar 14 with 2408 viewsSenhin

Looked on 14:31 - Mar 14 by jack247

In all fairness, what Messi, Suarez and Neymar do to Almeria and Getafes defences isn't exactly a like for like comparison with our situation.

When we were at our free flowing best under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup fullbacks attacked and wingers defended. With or without the ball we hunted in packs and moved up and down the pitch as a team.

I can't see why people think Ayew is lazy though, if anything, he works too hard, can be over eager to get involved in the action and can subsequently get caught out of position. He certainly doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities.

I don't get why people bring up the lower opposition defences either. They do it to the big clubs too, and it's not like Dani Alves is a really defensive fullback providing cover behind them incase they lose it. Sure, I'm not suggesting Ayew is anywhere near their level... but neither are we.

So I don't see why we can't have our equivalent of that. Yes, we will concede more than them and won't score as many as them when we do it... but that's true whatever system we were to play.

It worked well when we were playing well at the start of the season. He was scoring for fun and people were raving about him. Now that we are playing a bit sh*t it's because of the 'not being a real winger', but that didn't seem to affect us when we were playing well... Maybe the team being a bit sh*t for a while is the reason we are down here, and not because of Ayewhat not hugging the touch line.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Looked on 14:51 - Mar 14 with 2402 viewsshandyjack

Looked on 13:08 - Mar 14 by angryjack

unbalances the team when played out wide ... Yes
Lazy .... Not a chance,alway works his socks off
Better as a 10 or CF

Poll: Expectation for the season

Looked on 14:52 - Mar 14 with 2401 viewsjasper_T

You don't remember people criticising Ayew at the start of the season?

It was always tempered by "but he's scoring goals" but it was happening. Justifiably.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024