Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29135 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:33 - May 19 with 2115 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:23 - May 18 by Starsky

Disagree. You're being very hard on Siggy there.

And you, ya big lug, are being far too kind to Dameedina [sp].

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:36 - May 19 with 2112 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:09 - May 18 by blaine_scfc

Anyone who compares Ayew to Shelvey, is not worth responding too.

As a matter of fact, anyone who thinks Ayew isn't a team player, is also not worth the time it takes to respond.

Valid points about him not suiting our style of play etc, but Ayew puts the work in, that can't be doubted.

Oh, a superior poster. We're not worthy

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:28 - May 19 with 2024 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:33 - May 19 by Davillin

And you, ya big lug, are being far too kind to Dameedina [sp].

Dav, were you in the Premier Seats for the Man City game ?
A gent who looked just like your avatar picture except with sunnys on as well was seated there.
Saw him on MOTD and thought of you !
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:02 - May 19 with 2002 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:28 - May 19 by SwaneeRiver

Dav, were you in the Premier Seats for the Man City game ?
A gent who looked just like your avatar picture except with sunnys on as well was seated there.
Saw him on MOTD and thought of you !

There are lots of reports linking us with Junior Hoilett. To replace Ayew with a nearly Championship player like Hoilett would be such a retrograde step that I just can't imagine anyone in their right mind at the club sanctioning it.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:33 - May 19 with 1983 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:22 - May 19 by Davillin

Not only has it not "occurred" to me that he's been "given that free role" [real, intelligent, and experienced managers don't do that], but also neither has "Surely he would have been dropped at some point or even sold, as was Shelvey."

"Occurring to" someone doesn't make it fact, nor does beginning a guess with "surely."

I try to deal in solid and objective observations, not guesses and imagination.

So basically what your saying is that our 'real, intelligent and experienced managers don't give free roles, which is utter rubbish. But they let a player get away with doing it all season anyway without being dropped or criticised all season? Because you've basically said he does what he wants and is not a team player? Which again is utter rubbish
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:32 - May 19 with 1925 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:33 - May 19 by Jango

So basically what your saying is that our 'real, intelligent and experienced managers don't give free roles, which is utter rubbish. But they let a player get away with doing it all season anyway without being dropped or criticised all season? Because you've basically said he does what he wants and is not a team player? Which again is utter rubbish

The word "rubbish" is less than a logical or courteous way to respond.

I never said nor implied that he does it "all season." Don't misrepresent what I write in order to knock it down. Nor did I write that "he does what he wants."

Simply saying that I'm wrong does nothing for the discussion. Calling it "utter rubbish" is worse. Nor does it do anything to convince me that and how I'm wrong [I'm not].

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:38 - May 19 with 1890 viewsblaine_scfc

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:32 - May 19 by Davillin

Anyone who thinks comparing Ayew with Shelvey is "not worth responding to" is noy worth responding to.

Anyone who thinks that anyone who thinks Ayew is not a team player is not worth the time it takes to respond is not worth the time it takes to respond.

The notion that "Ayew puts the work in" can't be doubted can easily be doubted. Disproven, really.

You appear to believe that anyone who doesn't see things as you see them is not worth responding to, but anyone who believes what you believe is less worth responding to.

There, you responded to my opinions after saying I wasn't worth responding to, so I followed your lead.

Except that saying that someone is not worth responding to is not worth the space it takes up. Give factual reasons, not bland dismissals.
[Post edited 19 May 2016 1:34]

Footballs about opinions, but your talking complete sh*t if you can't see the work Ayew puts in. If you don't rate him, fair enough, but Ayew puts everything into the game when he's playing, always talking and communicating with his team mates, getting stuck in, hassling defenders.

Routledge for example is past it in my opinion, many don't agree, that's fine, but I'd never try justifying my opinion by accusing him of being lazy, not playing for the team etc. Your talking absolute boll0x when you accuse Ayew of that.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:09 - May 19 with 1871 viewsDrizzy

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:39 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

...cos that never worked for us.

You've turned into a right conceited d*ck recently. You were always pessimistic in a humorous way but now you're just chatting sh*t. You're wrong about Ayew, you're wrong about Ki, you're wrong about most things you talk about these days. A shame.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:12 - May 19 with 1859 viewsItchySphincter

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:09 - May 19 by Drizzy

You've turned into a right conceited d*ck recently. You were always pessimistic in a humorous way but now you're just chatting sh*t. You're wrong about Ayew, you're wrong about Ki, you're wrong about most things you talk about these days. A shame.

I haven't said anything much about Ayew.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:06 - May 19 with 1805 viewsGowerjack

Andre Ayew.

Not a winger.
Not a centre forward.
We already have a better attacking centre midfielder.

Has no positional sense.
Has no positional discipline.
Not a team player often selfish.
A major cause of our difficulties this season.

Anything north of £15 million big ones would be very very good business.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:34 - May 19 with 1789 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:06 - May 19 by Gowerjack

Andre Ayew.

Not a winger.
Not a centre forward.

Has no positional sense.

To call our top scorer - "A major cause of our difficulties this season"? I can think of two of our so-called attacking players who would be much more qualified as candidates for "major cause of our difficulties" - Gomis (worst forward in the Premier League) and Eder (a non-entity).
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:38 - May 19 with 1784 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:32 - May 19 by Davillin

The word "rubbish" is less than a logical or courteous way to respond.

I never said nor implied that he does it "all season." Don't misrepresent what I write in order to knock it down. Nor did I write that "he does what he wants."

Simply saying that I'm wrong does nothing for the discussion. Calling it "utter rubbish" is worse. Nor does it do anything to convince me that and how I'm wrong [I'm not].

Haha Get off your high horse you boring man. You've obviously got a very high opinion of yourself and think you can use your way with words to patronise anyone with a different view to yourself but in reality 90% of what you write is totally irrelevant and cringeworthy. Certain players are given what's known in football as 'free roles' whether your high opinion agrees or not. So yes in fact you are wrong..again
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:49 - May 19 with 1773 viewsGowerjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:34 - May 19 by Sheffieldjack

To call our top scorer - "A major cause of our difficulties this season"? I can think of two of our so-called attacking players who would be much more qualified as candidates for "major cause of our difficulties" - Gomis (worst forward in the Premier League) and Eder (a non-entity).

Yep.

Because we continually adapted our line up and style in an attempt to intergrate AA into the side.

Monks attempt to build a team around the dubious "talents" of Ayew & Shelvey cost him his job and severely jeapordised our PL status.

Our success has been built on a specific style of play that neither Monk Ayew or Shelvey were capable of playing.

If we could get £15 million for him in addition to the £12 million we robbed from NUFC for the former England midfielder and reinvest I'd be very pleased.

Plastic since 1974

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:54 - May 19 with 1758 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:49 - May 19 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Because we continually adapted our line up and style in an attempt to intergrate AA into the side.

Monks attempt to build a team around the dubious "talents" of Ayew & Shelvey cost him his job and severely jeapordised our PL status.

Our success has been built on a specific style of play that neither Monk Ayew or Shelvey were capable of playing.

If we could get £15 million for him in addition to the £12 million we robbed from NUFC for the former England midfielder and reinvest I'd be very pleased.

This...
End of thread

And with our defending set pieces problems we've had, maybe you can Add Ash to that list as well?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:55 - May 19 with 1755 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:38 - May 19 by Jango

Haha Get off your high horse you boring man. You've obviously got a very high opinion of yourself and think you can use your way with words to patronise anyone with a different view to yourself but in reality 90% of what you write is totally irrelevant and cringeworthy. Certain players are given what's known in football as 'free roles' whether your high opinion agrees or not. So yes in fact you are wrong..again

Thank you for your kind words and for clarifying your position.

Wait! They're neither "kind" nor "clarifying." They're all just insults. I'll have to ignore you and let you continue with your silly and pointless trash-talking.

[p.s. Read the two posts directly above this one -- by posters whose opinions I value and agree with. Now please don't go and insult them, too.]
[Post edited 19 May 2016 19:58]

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:59 - May 19 with 1743 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:54 - May 19 by Starsky

This...
End of thread

And with our defending set pieces problems we've had, maybe you can Add Ash to that list as well?

So you wanna get rid of our top scorer and now our captain as well. Let me guess, you'd rather play routledge than ayew?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:02 - May 19 with 1734 viewsraynor94

This...
End of thread

Some just can't accept it Starsk, although it stares them in the face

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:12 - May 19 with 1705 viewsblaine_scfc

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:06 - May 19 by Gowerjack

Andre Ayew.

Not a winger.
Not a centre forward.

Has no positional sense.

Didn't seem to selfish when he give Gomis a tap in at West Ham.

Agree with the positional sense and discipline when he is played on the wings, but when played up top he's dangerous, works hard, gets onto crosses and makes tough chances look easy, brings other players into the game. Quality player.

Major cause of our difficulties this season, but his goals along with Gylfis have kept us in the league, not getting that comment.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:12 - May 19 with 1704 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:02 - May 19 by raynor94

Some just can't accept it Starsk, although it stares them in the face

He's just been awarded swans player of the month... Terrible player
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:15 - May 19 with 1702 viewsGowerjack

This...
End of thread

AW has been a lynchpin of our success in the last 7 years.

However it was very noticeable How much quicker Jordi Amat and Stephen Kingsley were at moving the ball forward and turning defence into attack,Kingsley can also cross the ball which makes a refreshing change.

So, maybe just maybe it's time to call Williams agents bluff and if he could persuade another club to cough up say £10 million big ones for his services to part ways and say thanks for everything and all the best for the future.

You get nothing in football for standing still.

Plastic since 1974

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:20 - May 19 with 1689 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:15 - May 19 by Gowerjack

AW has been a lynchpin of our success in the last 7 years.

However it was very noticeable How much quicker Jordi Amat and Stephen Kingsley were at moving the ball forward and turning defence into attack,Kingsley can also cross the ball which makes a refreshing change.

So, maybe just maybe it's time to call Williams agents bluff and if he could persuade another club to cough up say £10 million big ones for his services to part ways and say thanks for everything and all the best for the future.

You get nothing in football for standing still.

And yet in your last post you mentioned us having a specific style. Is that mentality not standing still? I'm sure it is
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:26 - May 19 with 1674 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:59 - May 19 by Jango

So you wanna get rid of our top scorer and now our captain as well. Let me guess, you'd rather play routledge than ayew?

No Jango.
What I'm saying is that it's more advantageous to move these 3 individuals on and get some funding to build our TEAM.
Shelvey's gone and added £12mill to our bank account. Ayew would raise at least £15million
And the only reason I'm picking on Ash is because he's getting on and is the slowest centre half we have. He's also worth at least £10million if you believe the papers
Those funds spent wisely could make relegation scraps a thing of the past

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:34 - May 19 with 1656 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:26 - May 19 by Starsky

No Jango.
What I'm saying is that it's more advantageous to move these 3 individuals on and get some funding to build our TEAM.
Shelvey's gone and added £12mill to our bank account. Ayew would raise at least £15million
And the only reason I'm picking on Ash is because he's getting on and is the slowest centre half we have. He's also worth at least £10million if you believe the papers

I worry that it's not as straight forward as that tho. It's one hell of a risk to take over 25% of your goals out of the team and hope new signings come up trumps. And we still owe ayew a large sum of his signing on fee apparently so we'd get less than £10million of the £15million.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:45 - May 19 with 1644 viewsGowerjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:20 - May 19 by Jango

And yet in your last post you mentioned us having a specific style. Is that mentality not standing still? I'm sure it is

No.

Because a style can evolve yet still retain the same basic DNA.

Monk's approach from August to December was an assault on our style not an evolution.

Plastic since 1974

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:02 - May 19 with 1625 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:26 - May 19 by Starsky

No Jango.

By nature I'm an interchangable team cog punter rather than an individual 'star man' johnny so I like the cut of your jib here Starsk. If we had a DNA I reckon it is that. Our team makes players look good rather than the other way around. It's why 'stars' that leave, don't sparkle and often disappear into black holes.

I don't believe we've made Ayew look good or vice versa. For instance, we make Sigurdsson look good when he is the fulcrum of the team - go somewhere where he is not and he will disappear without trace again. We made Bony look good by absolutely relying on him to take the main goalscoring role.

We have not found a way to do that with Ayew, and I don't think we can. So we either rip up the template and revolve things around him next year or we go back to the team ethic. I can't help but feel a parting would actually be mutually beneficial, to allow us to try and create more 'cogs', though I have some reluctance now to write that - 6 weeks ago I'd have had no such qualms.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024