Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back Spasms 19:23 - Aug 30 with 3925 viewsCountyJim

Anyone else suffer from these im in absolute agony today even had to take Diazepam

Any tips would be appreciated
Back Spasms on 06:28 - Aug 31 with 1186 viewsPacemaker

Back Spasms on 00:01 - Aug 31 by Rogerstone

Definitely go see a chiropractor

Definitely don't !

A NHS Physio is the only person you should be seeing.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Back Spasms on 07:49 - Aug 31 with 1165 viewsItchySphincter

Back Spasms on 22:53 - Aug 30 by max936

I have suffered with spasms over the yrs in my lower back and its always been caused by either lifting and twisting at the same time or by just an awkward movement mostly on my right hand side painful as fuk the worst one had me shaped like an S hook it took diazepam to sort that one out, last time I had trouble was from sitting in an office chair 2 months ago for a few hours doing paperwork and stuff bad posture probably, core strengthening is the way forward I found as well as carrying less weight and a reasonable exercise routine.

I was fitting heavy tech equipment in a a technical bay from underneath by laying on my back and twisting sideways/upwards - I had the strength to do it but my lower back L5-S1 took a hammering. Went into spasm the following day, started tightening up about 10am and within a couple of hours I was crippled and in extreme pain. As one of those unfortunate people who unfortunately lived with a slightly curved spine for years I understand your pain.

Getting fit and building muscle is your solution. Start with Pilates if you want, they're the same as the exercises I mentioned earlier but minus the weight. As soon as you can, get some weight on the bar.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Back Spasms on 08:10 - Aug 31 with 1151 viewsmax936

Back Spasms on 07:49 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

I was fitting heavy tech equipment in a a technical bay from underneath by laying on my back and twisting sideways/upwards - I had the strength to do it but my lower back L5-S1 took a hammering. Went into spasm the following day, started tightening up about 10am and within a couple of hours I was crippled and in extreme pain. As one of those unfortunate people who unfortunately lived with a slightly curved spine for years I understand your pain.

Getting fit and building muscle is your solution. Start with Pilates if you want, they're the same as the exercises I mentioned earlier but minus the weight. As soon as you can, get some weight on the bar.

I'm fine now [crosses fingers] but there's still a weakness there I believe I just try and be careful when I'm lifting anything, last time it really went was about 5 yrs ago or more, I just bent over and twisted to me right to get a tray with a few cups on it out from a shelf under a kitchen sink, it was of very little weight, but it was the twisting and the motion of doing it that did the damage, that was a fortnight of very acute pain I just couldn't get any relief from the pain.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Back Spasms on 10:51 - Aug 31 with 1127 viewsCountyJim

Back Spasms on 23:49 - Aug 30 by max936

Fukme, they've got to chuck buckets of water over him to keep him moist on the beach now mun, if he does what you suggest they'll have to bring a tanker full in

F uck off
Back Spasms on 11:11 - Aug 31 with 1116 viewsRogerstone

Back Spasms on 06:28 - Aug 31 by Pacemaker

Definitely don't !

A NHS Physio is the only person you should be seeing.

They are medically qualified and a lot better than a NHS physio

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Back Spasms on 13:12 - Aug 31 with 1103 viewsItchySphincter

Back Spasms on 11:11 - Aug 31 by Rogerstone

They are medically qualified and a lot better than a NHS physio

NHS physio's are a waste of taxpayers money. You'll probably go back and forth for five or six weeks and when they're not cancelling appointments it'll be some spotty kid sitting you down and trying to convince you it's all in your mind.

Get fit, build strength, eat well, sleep well.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Back Spasms on 15:04 - Aug 31 with 1084 viewsLord_Bony

I would agree.

pulled my back out lifting about 20 years ago..after a few days in agony I was literally crawling into the chiropractors waiting room.

He put me face down on one of those hinged bed pushed and pulled me for a bit then sometin went cracking. Instantly the pain went and I could walk out of the office..

He gave some advice about strengthening the lower back through exercise which I did.

have never had bad back pain since. One word of advice if you get a spasm take lots of Ibuprofen or aspirin to kill the pain for about two days . It eases the spasm in the muscle...very important dose your

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Back Spasms on 15:25 - Aug 31 with 1074 viewspatchboy

ever thought tou might have a kidney stone ?
Login to get fewer ads

Back Spasms on 17:39 - Aug 31 with 1046 viewsPacemaker

Back Spasms on 15:04 - Aug 31 by Lord_Bony

I would agree.

pulled my back out lifting about 20 years ago..after a few days in agony I was literally crawling into the chiropractors waiting room.

He put me face down on one of those hinged bed pushed and pulled me for a bit then sometin went cracking. Instantly the pain went and I could walk out of the office..

He gave some advice about strengthening the lower back through exercise which I did.

have never had bad back pain since. One word of advice if you get a spasm take lots of Ibuprofen or aspirin to kill the pain for about two days . It eases the spasm in the muscle...very important dose your

Did you have X Ray's or scans before pulling you around? Most chiropractors font and most are as medically qualified as you or I.

Back Spasms on 23:53 - Sep 1 with 1015 viewsLord_Bony

Back Spasms on 17:39 - Aug 31 by Pacemaker

Did you have X Ray's or scans before pulling you around? Most chiropractors font and most are as medically qualified as you or I.

No not really...kind of swiveled me about a bit got one leg behind my back then crack...whatever it was I m sure he knew what he was doing as the intense pain was relieved immediately...strengthen the back and you ll be alright...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Back Spasms on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 989 viewsPacemaker

Back Spasms on 23:53 - Sep 1 by Lord_Bony

No not really...kind of swiveled me about a bit got one leg behind my back then crack...whatever it was I m sure he knew what he was doing as the intense pain was relieved immediately...strengthen the back and you ll be alright...

So after a guess at what might be the problem, you allow someone to manipulate one of the most important areas of your body.

I speak from bitter experience, I would never use a "Dr" of Chiroprator again.

Back Spasms on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 982 viewsjohnlangy

Totally agree. Myself and my wife have used chiropractors for the last 20 years or so whenever we've had back problems.
Back Spasms on 13:17 - Sep 2 with 963 viewsCountyJim

Has eased off the past 24 hours had same thing a few years back its horrible takes your breath away as well

Thanks for all the advice
Back Spasms on 13:23 - Sep 2 with 960 viewsdickythorpe

Back Spasms on 10:44 - Sep 2 by johnlangy

Totally agree. Myself and my wife have used chiropractors for the last 20 years or so whenever we've had back problems.

You have gone regularly for 20 years?.......Give me his number so I can give him a wide berth!!
Back Spasms on 13:58 - Sep 2 with 952 viewsglynthomas

Back Spasms on 17:39 - Aug 31 by Pacemaker

I work in the university they do a degree/masters course to be a osteopath,its a four year course,one of the top five in the UK..They sort out back issues etc...

They have a clinic here where anyone can come in and get treatment,so if you are looking for help, phone them.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2016 16:09]
Back Spasms on 14:09 - Sep 2 with 856 viewsTheArtChappy

Last few days my sciatica been killing me

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

Back Spasms on 20:23 - Sep 3 with 812 viewsAl_Bundy

A lot of spasms are caused by weak core or muscle imbalances. I suffered quite a bit in the past especially getting out of a car bending and twisting.

Found out my problem was a weak QL muscle and started strengthening programme and has stopped by back going into spasm . Weight loss and correct posture also helps
Back Spasms on 20:46 - Sep 3 with 798 viewsswanjackal

I have suffered from back and muscle problems for the last 8 years due to a condition called Syringomyelia, and Chiari Malformation. I suffer from spasms in the neck and right down my leg, with extreme weakness down my left hand side. This has caused no end of trouble with collapsing (twice down the stairs).

Osteopathic treatment is not chiropractic treatment. If given the option, try to build up strength in muscles first, as suggested with gentle exercise, which can be advised via drop in at a local hospital, maybe see an osteopath if referred , but stay away from the quackery of chiropractism, magnet therapy, homeopathic solutions, or anything "alternative medicine like".

Cracking the bones is not a universal cure, but can have extremely severe consequences.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Back Spasms on 21:38 - Sep 3 with 775 viewsStarsky

Back Spasms on 14:09 - Sep 2 by TheArtChappy

Last few days my sciatica been killing me

I was wondering when somebody was going to suggest Sciatica.

It strikes in several different ways.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 21:47]

It's just the internet, init.

Back Spasms on 21:42 - Sep 3 with 771 viewsswanjackal

Back Spasms on 21:38 - Sep 3 by Starsky

I was wondering when somebody was going to suggest Sciatica.

It strikes in several different ways.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2016 21:47]

Nobody expects the Sciatic Inquisition...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Back Spasms on 22:39 - Sep 3 with 739 viewsswanstillidai

Two 50mg of tramadol. Wait for them to kick in and then march around your living room like one of the Queens guards outside Buck Palace for ten minutes.

You'll be doing starjumps by the time The One Show comes on 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024