Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 14:53 - Oct 27 with 69635 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 19:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Oct 29 with 4456 viewssquarebear

It's North Midlands. See also West Midlands, East Midlands and wherever Oxford is.

I reckon 2-0 to Swans. Pressure is on Stoke. If it's 0-0 after 20 minutes (which it will be) the home crowd will turn.

It's going to be a late decision whether I can get to this. Anyone on here privy to whether away tickets can be purchased on the night?
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:18 - Oct 29 with 4274 viewsWxmJax

Last season we parked at The Harvester pub near the ground for a change that's mentioned in the OP. It was £10 not £3 and took nearly an hour to get out afterwards. I'd probably park at Screwfix along Sir Stanley Matthews Way, it's about a fiver and 15 minutes walk but you get out straight away.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 29 with 4183 viewssquarebear

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:19 - Oct 29 by squarebear

It's North Midlands. See also West Midlands, East Midlands and wherever Oxford is.

I reckon 2-0 to Swans. Pressure is on Stoke. If it's 0-0 after 20 minutes (which it will be) the home crowd will turn.

It's going to be a late decision whether I can get to this. Anyone on here privy to whether away tickets can be purchased on the night?

Ticket obtained.

But for the home end :-/
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:53 - Oct 29 with 4145 viewsBYMJacks

i cant see past a 2 0 defeat monday to be honest hope im wrong obviously i feel more confident for the man u game though next week and think we might be able to get a result out of that one
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 02:08 - Oct 30 with 4069 viewsdameedna

Not looking good yet need at least a point.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 02:51 - Oct 30 with 4061 viewsJack123

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 02:08 - Oct 30 by dameedna

Not looking good yet need at least a point.

Not optimistic for this at all, a loss 2 or 3 nil.

libera nos a malo

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:07 - Oct 30 with 3955 viewspotterjohn

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 27 by perchrockjack

Not in any way Midlands.
Different culture, employment , accent.

Although the towns were banded together to form Stoke on Trent the towns themselves were different in many ways. Pottery Industry sadly now defunct but the clay ovens remain as statues to a vibrant past.

Potters ,outside football are fine people and as "working class " as you ll find.

Good post mate. We are officially part of the (west) midlands albeit as north as you can get ! Some of us even get confused about this as some of us get Midlands TV and others Granada , i get both living in Biddulph which is as north as you can get , if you get it !!
Being the only city and equal distances between Manchester and Birmingham doesn't help matters.
Another problem is most dont want to be associated with Manchester while also not wanting to have anything to do with Birmingham either ! I hope this makes things a bit cleared ?
Anyway , enjoy your trip up to the Midlands/North as its a long trip back!
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:56 - Oct 30 with 3897 viewsbarry_island

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:07 - Oct 30 by potterjohn

Good post mate. We are officially part of the (west) midlands albeit as north as you can get ! Some of us even get confused about this as some of us get Midlands TV and others Granada , i get both living in Biddulph which is as north as you can get , if you get it !!
Being the only city and equal distances between Manchester and Birmingham doesn't help matters.
Another problem is most dont want to be associated with Manchester while also not wanting to have anything to do with Birmingham either ! I hope this makes things a bit cleared ?
Anyway , enjoy your trip up to the Midlands/North as its a long trip back!

Looking at a map you're closer to being Welsh than Birmingham or Manchester. Have you met our Trampie?

For me the North starts at Clydach.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:45 - Oct 30 with 3668 viewsswan88

Better news to report today, FL passed fit to play. Massive boost for us against a team like Stoke.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:29 - Oct 30 with 3565 viewsairedale

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:45 - Oct 30 by swan88

Better news to report today, FL passed fit to play. Massive boost for us against a team like Stoke.

Yup, good news indeed.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:31 - Oct 30 with 3421 viewsmonmouth

Three points tomorrow would change everything. Suddenly we would be totally in touch. If there is a footballing God, come on, out team actually deserve a slice of luck

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 30 with 3320 viewsSirjohnalot

Hoping to get to the game tomorrow. It's only a 45 min train journey from work. Looks like the ground is 3 miles from the station. I'd imagine a taxi will be the best option other than a bus.

Assume I can get away tickets at the ground ?

Should get there around 17.45.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:02 - Oct 30 with 3267 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 30 by Sirjohnalot

Hoping to get to the game tomorrow. It's only a 45 min train journey from work. Looks like the ground is 3 miles from the station. I'd imagine a taxi will be the best option other than a bus.

I think someone said they had to buy in the home end. I'd check it out mate.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 05:36 - Oct 31 with 2968 viewssquarebear

My home end ticket was got from a mate who is a Potter. I didn't speak to the club so don't know what is available.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 07:55 - Oct 31 with 2868 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I think we may start with the diamond today, pack the midfield to limit the space for their attacking 4. If were still in it with half an hour/20 to go, well go 2 up top in a 442 shape. I reckon Fulton will be involved today, he's not in the u23s squad, and look forward to seeing him add a bit of energy to the midfield. Going for a 1-2 win
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:00 - Oct 31 with 2863 viewsunion_jack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 07:55 - Oct 31 by exiledinenglandjack

I think we may start with the diamond today, pack the midfield to limit the space for their attacking 4. If were still in it with half an hour/20 to go, well go 2 up top in a 442 shape. I reckon Fulton will be involved today, he's not in the u23s squad, and look forward to seeing him add a bit of energy to the midfield. Going for a 1-2 win

If we're still in it with 20 to go I.e. not losing, we won't go for the win. We'll protect what we've got I'm sure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:35 - Oct 31 with 2828 viewsHighjack

Ah shit yeah I'd forgotten about the football team.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:50 - Oct 31 with 2811 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 08:35 - Oct 31 by Highjack

Ah shit yeah I'd forgotten about the football team.

The Swansea one, or the one in the Midlands?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:34 - Oct 31 with 2678 viewsLegend83

Come on the Hoorn!

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/talking-tactics-stoke-v-swans-33

Really hope this guy goes on to be a Swans legend.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:55 - Oct 31 with 2644 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:14 - Oct 30 by Sirjohnalot

A friend of one of the guys who's travelling with me, rang Stoke ticket office half hour ago, and reserved a ticket for the away end. 5 in our car now, glad I am driving!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 31 with 2644 viewsmacthejack

Hopefully BB's getting closer to his best line up. After last week you'd hope he's worked out that Kingsley > Taylor and VdH/Mawson/Amat > Fernandez. Depends on fitness but I'd like to see something like:

Fab
Knaughts Mawson Amat Kingsley
Britton Fer
Montero Siggy Barrow
Baston
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 31 with 2568 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 31 by macthejack

Hopefully BB's getting closer to his best line up. After last week you'd hope he's worked out that Kingsley > Taylor and VdH/Mawson/Amat > Fernandez. Depends on fitness but I'd like to see something like:

Fab
Knaughts Mawson Amat Kingsley
Britton Fer
Montero Siggy Barrow
Baston

Tonights team;

Fab
Taylor Mawson VDH Naughton
Fer Ki
Routs Siggy Mo
Llorente
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:13 - Oct 31 with 2545 viewsGriffting

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Tonights team;

Fab
Fer Ki
Routs Siggy Mo
Llorente

That team is.. bold.
No natural DM??
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:21 - Oct 31 with 2526 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Tonights team;

Fab
Fer Ki
Routs Siggy Mo
Llorente

I wouldn't want to be in a back four playing behind that bunch of hard working, back tracking, crunching tacklers.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:29 - Oct 31 with 2499 viewsdcd14

Not sure why Leon is not playing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024