Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 14:53 - Oct 27 with 69633 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 19:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:50 - Oct 31 with 2352 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

FAB

KN AM JA SK

JC KI
MB SIGGY WR

BB

FER LLORENTE FULTON BRITTON RANGEL

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:57 - Oct 31 with 2346 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:50 - Oct 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

FAB

KN AM JA SK

JC KI
MB SIGGY WR

BB

The team I posted is the ACTUAL team mate.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 31 with 2342 viewsJango

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:50 - Oct 31 by oh_tommy_tommy

FAB

KN AM JA SK

JC KI
MB SIGGY WR

BB

I'm struggling to understand why people are suggesting dropping vdh for Amat. Vdh has been solid so far and Amat has been nothing but a liability. I'd stick with the same back 4 as Watford for a long stretch of games now and get some continuity at the back.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:59 - Oct 31 with 2329 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 31 by Jango

I'm struggling to understand why people are suggesting dropping vdh for Amat. Vdh has been solid so far and Amat has been nothing but a liability. I'd stick with the same back 4 as Watford for a long stretch of games now and get some continuity at the back.

Agree on VDH. Taylor is in for Kingsley though, I'd have preferred an unchanged back 4.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:01 - Oct 31 with 2320 viewsLegend83

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:59 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Agree on VDH. Taylor is in for Kingsley though, I'd have preferred an unchanged back 4.

How do you know that is the starting XI?

Why would he play Taylor at RB and Naughton at LB??
[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 13:01]
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:04 - Oct 31 with 2314 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:01 - Oct 31 by Legend83

How do you know that is the starting XI?

Why would he play Taylor at RB and Naughton at LB??
[Post edited 31 Oct 2016 13:01]

The same way I knew the starting line up the day before the Watford game.

I just typed the team out, I didn't type them in position.

I think its obvious if Taylor and Naughton are playing which side they will play.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:06 - Oct 31 with 2306 viewsLegend83

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:04 - Oct 31 by dcd14

The same way I knew the starting line up the day before the Watford game.

I just typed the team out, I didn't type them in position.

I think its obvious if Taylor and Naughton are playing which side they will play.

Sorry my question came across as a bit pointy-fingered.

Interesting - and worrying!

Away at Stoke with Fer and Ki as the midfield fulcrums....
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:07 - Oct 31 with 2300 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:06 - Oct 31 by Legend83

No worries mate.

Just passing on.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:09 - Oct 31 with 2295 viewsdcd14

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:06 - Oct 31 by Legend83

On this occasion I am hoping that my mate is wrong and Leon is starting.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:15 - Oct 31 with 2273 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:58 - Oct 31 by Jango

Basicaly i like Amat , liability are you on about the first Arsenal goal? although i do like VDH no nonsense defending but theres a mistake in him as well.

Also if the team is out and already known thats a bit poor by all concerned & involved.
Should be kept until one hour before kick off .

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:20 - Oct 31 with 2261 viewsdcd14

Been told Dan James is on the bench tonight also.

A rapid winger by all accounts.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:25 - Oct 31 with 2240 viewsmonmouth

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:07 - Oct 31 by dcd14

No worries mate.

Just passing on.

My spirits have taken a sharp dip.

That midfield should read:

Fer Kmi

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:30 - Oct 31 with 2224 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:20 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Been told Dan James is on the bench tonight also.

A rapid winger by all accounts.

good to see that

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Oct 31 with 2170 viewsunion_jack

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:25 - Oct 31 by monmouth

My spirits have taken a sharp dip.

That midfield should read:

Fer Kmi

And why bloody Taylor? Naughton and Kingsley surely.

I hope these selections are not based on trying to give those who've been playing badly a bit of confidence. We've not got time for that. Best players in the pitch on match day should start again the next game (injuries allowing).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:17 - Oct 31 with 2093 viewsIslingtonJack1912

Anyone in Central London tonight and cannot get to the game - a few of us will be at "The One Tun" pub on Goodge Street which is on the Northern line tube stop.

All welcome

http://www.theonetun.co.uk/
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:38 - Oct 31 with 2036 viewsyeoviljackb

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 11:57 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Tonights team;

Fab
Taylor Mawson VDH Naughton
Fer Ki
Routs Siggy Mo
Llorente

Don't understand this team - only second clean sheet all season and he changes the back four. Amat back in for VDH - why? Kingsley has played in our only two clean sheets in the league and adds more in attack than Taylor - not the finished article but must feel hard done by. No Britton or Cork in DM - against Stoke?? Need to match their physicality and though I like Fer - him and Ki do not, to me look suited for this game. Baston injured?
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Oct 31 with 2025 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:38 - Oct 31 by yeoviljackb

Don't understand this team - only second clean sheet all season and he changes the back four. Amat back in for VDH - why? Kingsley has played in our only two clean sheets in the league and adds more in attack than Taylor - not the finished article but must feel hard done by. No Britton or Cork in DM - against Stoke?? Need to match their physicality and though I like Fer - him and Ki do not, to me look suited for this game. Baston injured?

Someone ITK? I thought that the teams were announced an hour before kick off?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:51 - Oct 31 with 2000 viewsyeoviljackb

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:42 - Oct 31 by jacabertawe

Someone ITK? I thought that the teams were announced an hour before kick off?

See previous posts - not psychic unfortunately - just going with others who appear to be ITK - hopefully they are wrong
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:58 - Oct 31 with 1984 viewsGriffting

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 13:52 - Oct 31 by union_jack

And why bloody Taylor? Naughton and Kingsley surely.

I hope these selections are not based on trying to give those who've been playing badly a bit of confidence. We've not got time for that. Best players in the pitch on match day should start again the next game (injuries allowing).

Personally, I think it's the wrong tactic, but I think it's purely down to stopping shaqiri. Taylor thought to be the more defensively sound of the two left backs?
I'm pretty sure I read that stoke don't have fit right back available tonight.. if that's the case we are letting them off massively if we play routs and Taylor down our left.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:02 - Oct 31 with 1969 viewsairedale

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:17 - Oct 31 by IslingtonJack1912

Anyone in Central London tonight and cannot get to the game - a few of us will be at "The One Tun" pub on Goodge Street which is on the Northern line tube stop.

All welcome

http://www.theonetun.co.uk/

Goodge St reopened? I remember it closing.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:06 - Oct 31 with 1962 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 12:13 - Oct 31 by Griffting

That team is.. bold.
No natural DM??

Bold?

F*ck me - away at Stoke it's borderline suicidal. Shaqiri's on fire at the moment - can't see either of those two keeping him quiet.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:30 - Oct 31 with 1893 viewsmacthejack

If Taylor and Ki are truly starting then I completely despair. Routledge not ideal either but it looks like we don't have any other fit wingers.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:31 - Oct 31 with 1885 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If this team selection is true then I really do have to question Bradley's ability to select a team.
It looks more like Musical Defenders & Midfield than sound selection based on what has been shown to work.
A disaster in the making.
I will of course apologise if he is right and we win, but don't hold your breath.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 31 with 1866 viewsHeadmaster

The only reason I would accept Taylor instead of Kingsley is if the latter is injured.
The Official Stoke City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 31 with 1839 viewstomdickharry

Hope BB has taken due note of how well Llorente and Baston did playing together is the final stages of the Watford game,would start with them tonight with Barrow out wide on the right.Siggy,Briton and Ki in midfield,KN:AM:VDH:SK: at back.
Fabianski:
Naughton:Mawson;v D Hoon:Kingsley:
Siggy:Britton:Ki:
Barrow:Llorenti:Baston:
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024