Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales 12:04 - Oct 28 with 9312 viewsDJack

...according to Colin WÄ…nker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37794749

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:28 - Oct 28 with 1186 viewslonglostjack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:19 - Oct 28 by ScoobyDoo

Taking a mob to Wembley don't count Bryn as most people are on a day out, now what was your average home crowd that season? That's who your true supporters are.

With or without the season ticket holders' empty seats, which admittedly you seem to have many more of.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 18:29]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales (n/t) on 18:43 - Oct 28 with 1170 viewsRancid

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1153 viewssherpajacob

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:08 - Oct 28 by ScoobyDoo

Definitely more seats!

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/kenwyne-jones-of-cardiff-scores-his-sides-th

They certainly have more seats than us.

Their massive fan base supports them through thick and thicker

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 1146 viewsWxmJax

"I spent a few days in Cardiff during the [2010] Olympics, that is my experience of Cardiff so far", he said.

Not the best piece of journalism I've read , I didnt even know there was an Olympics in 2010. Poor effort by the reporter [Rob Phillips]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 19:04 - Oct 28 with 1128 viewsplasjack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 15:34 - Oct 28 by JackBaston

14k attendances unless its against their big rivals Bristol where they brought in 22k
theyve always been a bit deluded up the road

For the Bristol game if i am not mistaken a season ticket owner could buy 4 extra tickets for a fiver each?.
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 19:20 - Oct 28 with 1103 viewsQuakerJack

Bob's response was magnificent... Well done sir!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 20:46 - Oct 28 with 1020 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:19 - Oct 28 by ScoobyDoo

Taking a mob to Wembley don't count Bryn as most people are on a day out, now what was your average home crowd that season? That's who your true supporters are.

Day out or not, you had the same the year before but took over five thousand less than us. What's your point?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 20:53 - Oct 28 with 1012 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 20:46 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Day out or not, you had the same the year before but took over five thousand less than us. What's your point?

Doesn't really matter as both events drew plastics, but we'd have a lower allocation due to more seats being given over to corporate sponsors possibly?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:07 - Oct 28 with 994 viewsKilkennyjack

As long as you dont consider average crowd size, revenue, numbers of international players, winning a cup in living memory, playing in traditional colours, global exposure, and a famous supporters Trust ....then yes maybe Cardiff are a bigger club.

Also swans have taken over 30,000 fans to a game in Cardiff twice, whereas the buggest redbird support ever in swansea was around 6000. Get real butt.

Beware of the Risen People

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:08 - Oct 28 with 991 viewsChief

Some good points on here. Fact is both are similarly medium sized clubs. Both with 1 major trophy to their name and both capable of pulling large crowds for Wembley trips and cup finals. Really, both should be bigger clubs and pull larger crowds than both have, we are both out on a limb geographically & have decent catchment areas. Cardiff have a larger stadium simply because the city of Cardiff has a larger population, not due to some divine right to garner support from all over Wales or that they they attract people from all over the nation. The fact is both are blighted by the curse of South Walians supporting English teams. You don't go to Sunderland or Newcastle and see people there wandering around their cities with replica shirts of teams from hundreds of miles away

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:10 - Oct 28 with 985 viewslondonlisa2001

Definitely more seats!

And to be fair, it's much easier to count them as well, since no bugger is ever sat in them.
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:18 - Oct 28 with 960 viewsphact0rri

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:59 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Which exposes Americans ignorance more than anything ;)

Well played sir. To be fair I do live in LA, so when people know anything outside of their CV, its rather amazing.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:25 - Oct 28 with 946 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:18 - Oct 28 by phact0rri

Well played sir. To be fair I do live in LA, so when people know anything outside of their CV, its rather amazing.

LA is quite interesting from afar. Big media market yet crowds never realy embraced LA American football franchises that well, I do believe?

Isn't there another LA MLS franchise coming along? Think Tan is involved in the consortium?

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:46 - Oct 28 with 920 viewsLoyal

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:53 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

League one at the Liberty.

If we both dropped to League two, you know we'd both have low attendances. We've both got small core fanbases when it comes to it, with plenty turning up when promoted.

I remember you going top of the championship in front of 9000.
Wouldn't happen here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:47 - Oct 28 with 919 viewsLoyal

Definitely more seats!

Which is really useful when no fckr sits in them 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:51 - Oct 28 with 899 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:46 - Oct 28 by Loyal

I remember you going top of the championship in front of 9000.
Wouldn't happen here.

Top with 9k?

we've had crowds in the champ of 9k sure, but we were top with higher.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:13 - Oct 28 with 880 viewsLoyal

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 21:51 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Top with 9k?

we've had crowds in the champ of 9k sure, but we were top with higher.

Have a look.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:13 - Oct 28 with 877 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 20:53 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Doesn't really matter as both events drew plastics, but we'd have a lower allocation due to more seats being given over to corporate sponsors possibly?

So there were more corporate seats made available for Blackpool vs Cardiff then Reading vs Swansea?? how did that happen? Your fixture more attractie than ours? ???

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:16 - Oct 28 with 872 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:13 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

So there were more corporate seats made available for Blackpool vs Cardiff then Reading vs Swansea?? how did that happen? Your fixture more attractie than ours? ???

No Idea.

From memory our allocation was either 35k or 38k. Not sure... seating configurations often vary.

Tbh, those games and cup finals are basically anomolies. You know as well as I do they tend to attract a lot of the "I was there" brigade rather than regulars.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:16 - Oct 28 with 867 viewsfelixstowe_jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 12:07 - Oct 28 by A_Fans_Dad

They may be technically "bigger", but they just aren't the BEST.

They are "technically" not bigger if you use either of the measures of Turnover and profit. Technically their debt is bigger than ours and there ground is bigger than ours. Their attendances are smaller than ours.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:18 - Oct 28 with 863 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:16 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

No Idea.

From memory our allocation was either 35k or 38k. Not sure... seating configurations often vary.

Tbh, those games and cup finals are basically anomolies. You know as well as I do they tend to attract a lot of the "I was there" brigade rather than regulars.

Yes. But the fact remains that 5 thousand more people wanted to say "I was there at Wembley" with the Swans, rather than the bluebirds. If you see what I'm saying

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 864 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:16 - Oct 28 by felixstowe_jack

They are "technically" not bigger if you use either of the measures of Turnover and profit. Technically their debt is bigger than ours and there ground is bigger than ours. Their attendances are smaller than ours.

Everyone could quibble for ages. All we need is for "Resurrection" to turn up and it'll be a 99 pager.

Thankfully this post will end the thread conclusively...

There's no such thing as objectively "bigger"... we're talking about transient frivolous issues. Attendances can rise and fall for numerous reasons - league, position within league, quality of football...

It all ebbs and flows. At points in time we're bigger, at others like now you're bigger... that'll change at some point. Just celebrate the good times, you deserve them...

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:28 - Oct 28 with 852 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:20 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Everyone could quibble for ages. All we need is for "Resurrection" to turn up and it'll be a 99 pager.

Thankfully this post will end the thread conclusively...

There's no such thing as objectively "bigger"... we're talking about transient frivolous issues. Attendances can rise and fall for numerous reasons - league, position within league, quality of football...

It all ebbs and flows. At points in time we're bigger, at others like now you're bigger... that'll change at some point. Just celebrate the good times, you deserve them...

Aye Bluey, fair enough. Swings and roundabouts

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:43 - Oct 28 with 843 viewsScoobyDoo

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 20:46 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah but we had been there twice before a couple of years earlier so probably the novelty wore off bud!
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 22:46 - Oct 28 with 838 viewsPacemaker

I bumped into Warnock last Sunday morning down in Ogmore by Sea. He was still wearing his kit from the night before whilst getting his shopping done.

He spoke quite complimentary about the Swans. ( I was cycling and had a swans hat on) I think he knows how to get the fans onside at which ever club he happens to be getting paid by.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024