Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales 12:04 - Oct 28 with 9311 viewsDJack

...according to Colin WÄ…nker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37794749

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:25 - Oct 28 with 1190 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:16 - Oct 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Outside the UK, hardly anyone has even heard of them.

When a club has to self-proclaim itself as the biggest one in a country, it probably isn't, just for that reason alone.

And for that reason, I like the way our club focuses on the "Wales' Only Premier League Club" narrative. Stick to the irrefutable facts - it makes you look less desperate for attention.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2016 16:19]

Where have the club "self-proclaimed itself as the biggest one in a country"?

That's one heck of an exposition from a throwaway comment made by Warnock in a press conference...

The obvious retort is that Murica always self-proclaims itself as the greatest nation ever ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:43 - Oct 28 with 1172 viewsBloodyhills

Don't these clowns understand that tapping your head like some one at Khomeini's funeral just make you look a cvunt?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:47 - Oct 28 with 1161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 15:34 - Oct 28 by JackBaston

14k attendances unless its against their big rivals Bristol where they brought in 22k
theyve always been a bit deluded up the road

If Trollope had still been in charge for the Brizzzle game there would have been 16k tops in there.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:49 - Oct 28 with 1157 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:47 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

If Trollope had still been in charge for the Brizzzle game there would have been 16k tops in there.

It's cyclical, let's be honest.

At this point in time, you're the bigger club, sure.

Would your crowds be any better if you get relegated? Debatable. Hopefully, you'll not get relegated so it would be a non-issue.

Reality is, we both have incredibly small numbers of "loyal" fans. Both went down to Div 2 again, we'd both struggle to get crowds of 4k max.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:58 - Oct 28 with 1138 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:49 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Would your crowds be any better if you get relegated? Debatable. Hopefully, you'll not get relegated so it would be a non-issue.

Reality is, we both have incredibly small numbers of "loyal" fans. Both went down to Div 2 again, we'd both struggle to get crowds of 4k max.

I would like to think that with our situation financially we'd be in pole position to come straight back up but then again now we've been shafted by our former fanboy directors who knows?

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:01 - Oct 28 with 1130 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:58 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I would like to think that with our situation financially we'd be in pole position to come straight back up but then again now we've been shafted by our former fanboy directors who knows?

Money isn't a guarantee though.

There will be a few hit badly if they don't go up this season based upon their spending. If they do go up, well Bournemouth showed abusing FFP leads to little penalty.

I'd say the Championship is a lot tougher than people give it credit for. Who would have predicted Huddersfield would start pretty well? Or Derby have been so far down? There's a lot more parity within it imo. Even just holding in the Champ for X seasons isn't too shabby an achievement.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:07 - Oct 28 with 1120 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:01 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Money isn't a guarantee though.

There will be a few hit badly if they don't go up this season based upon their spending. If they do go up, well Bournemouth showed abusing FFP leads to little penalty.

I'd say the Championship is a lot tougher than people give it credit for. Who would have predicted Huddersfield would start pretty well? Or Derby have been so far down? There's a lot more parity within it imo. Even just holding in the Champ for X seasons isn't too shabby an achievement.

Yes but the gulf between Pl and Championship has definitely grown since we both got promoted I think it's fair to say.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:10 - Oct 28 with 1116 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:07 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes but the gulf between Pl and Championship has definitely grown since we both got promoted I think it's fair to say.

I'd say teams promoting are capable of competing at / around the relegation spot in the Prem. Equally, teams relegating aren't necessarily guaranteed to bounce back - Villa. Newcastle started badly...

Login to get fewer ads

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:11 - Oct 28 with 1112 viewsoldcob

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 13:35 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

A dumper track.

I'd smash your Porsche off the road ;)

If you could catch it.
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:15 - Oct 28 with 1101 viewsRogerstone

Yes they have more empty seats than us and the biggest traveller site in Wales!

Bin dippers!

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:37 - Oct 28 with 1083 viewsTummer_from_Texas

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:25 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

Where have the club "self-proclaimed itself as the biggest one in a country"?

That's one heck of an exposition from a throwaway comment made by Warnock in a press conference...

The obvious retort is that Murica always self-proclaims itself as the greatest nation ever ;)

Your manager doesn't represent your club?

As for your last retort, my nation's own self-delusion only proves my point. Not that we're not better than most, but those provincial blowhards claiming USA to be The Greatest Evah is a source of considerable embarrassment, personally.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:40 - Oct 28 with 1078 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:37 - Oct 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Your manager doesn't represent your club?

As for your last retort, my nation's own self-delusion only proves my point. Not that we're not better than most, but those provincial blowhards claiming USA to be The Greatest Evah is a source of considerable embarrassment, personally.

A throwaway comment at a press conference is hardly proclaiming club policy is it?

As I said, it ebbs and flows. We're ahead, you're ahead, varies from time to time...

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 1077 viewsMurph75

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:40 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

A throwaway comment at a press conference is hardly proclaiming club policy is it?

As I said, it ebbs and flows. We're ahead, you're ahead, varies from time to time...

It's been a while since you've been ahead. Mid 90's for a year or 2
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:44 - Oct 28 with 1072 viewsOldjack

Deluded as ever ,two fuking wins on the bounce ,mehhhh watch out Barca they're coming for you

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:45 - Oct 28 with 1070 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:41 - Oct 28 by Murph75

It's been a while since you've been ahead. Mid 90's for a year or 2

Mid 90's, hmm? Stretching that point quite bit ;)

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 991 viewsJackBaston

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 16:49 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

I doubt the attendances would be that dire
lowest attendance we've ever had was just shy of 10k back in league one (liberty stadium)
and id like to think that we'd have a few more supporters now than we did back then when we were a relative unknown, a division lower than you guys
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 988 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:51 - Oct 28 by JackBaston

I doubt the attendances would be that dire
lowest attendance we've ever had was just shy of 10k back in league one (liberty stadium)
and id like to think that we'd have a few more supporters now than we did back then when we were a relative unknown, a division lower than you guys

League one at the Liberty.

If we both dropped to League two, you know we'd both have low attendances. We've both got small core fanbases when it comes to it, with plenty turning up when promoted.

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:53 - Oct 28 with 988 viewsRancid

It's what they all say when they take over as their manager.That and the Ayatollah will ensure they get on the right side of their fans.I'm not sure they'll all be as gullible this time round though having lived through so much bullshit and humble pie chomping as a Cardiff City fan in recent times.But they really are thick as shit most of them so they probably will fall for all the crap he'll spout.
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:55 - Oct 28 with 980 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:53 - Oct 28 by Rancid

It's what they all say when they take over as their manager.That and the Ayatollah will ensure they get on the right side of their fans.I'm not sure they'll all be as gullible this time round though having lived through so much bullshit and humble pie chomping as a Cardiff City fan in recent times.But they really are thick as shit most of them so they probably will fall for all the crap he'll spout.

Warnock may well spout crap, which I freely acknowledge but he's got one less point than Trollope got after only three games.

Warnock can claim to have bedded both Minogues, have eaten eight Big Macs in one sitting and solved cancer for all I care if he keeps up performances on the pitch...

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:57 - Oct 28 with 974 viewsphact0rri

Right Tumms. When I mention the scum in football conversation in the states, I tend to have mention its the capital of Wales.

Most of the time, when I get into conversation about the EPL, people usually guess I'm a swansea supporter because its the only welsh side they know of.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 972 viewsJackBaston

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:53 - Oct 28 by blueytheblue

League one at the Liberty.

If we both dropped to League two, you know we'd both have low attendances. We've both got small core fanbases when it comes to it, with plenty turning up when promoted.

maybe youre right, but i doubt either of us will see ourselves in that position in the near future thankfully
cant see either of us doing a Blackpool or Portsmouth
but then who knows
But still Warnocks comment stink of him sucking up to the die hards of your fan base who are still a bit deluded about your current situation
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:59 - Oct 28 with 969 viewsblueytheblue

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:57 - Oct 28 by phact0rri

Right Tumms. When I mention the scum in football conversation in the states, I tend to have mention its the capital of Wales.

Most of the time, when I get into conversation about the EPL, people usually guess I'm a swansea supporter because its the only welsh side they know of.

Which exposes Americans ignorance more than anything ;)

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:04 - Oct 28 with 961 viewsBrynmill_Jack

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 17:58 - Oct 28 by JackBaston

maybe youre right, but i doubt either of us will see ourselves in that position in the near future thankfully
cant see either of us doing a Blackpool or Portsmouth
but then who knows
But still Warnocks comment stink of him sucking up to the die hards of your fan base who are still a bit deluded about your current situation

To be fair even the most deluded of their fan base has had a rude awakening this season. Colin is only trying to galvanize the support and there's no better way of doing it than having a dig at your rivals , even though that ground was lost quite some time back. We took 43,500 to Wembley for that play off final don't forget! A pity we haven't expanded though, would love to be getting 30k plus watching us every week

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:08 - Oct 28 with 952 viewsScoobyDoo

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 14:42 - Oct 28 by Loyal

Technically ?
What - they have more nuts and bolts in their stadium.

Definitely more seats!
C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:19 - Oct 28 with 933 viewsScoobyDoo

C*rdiff City biggest club in Wales on 18:04 - Oct 28 by Brynmill_Jack

To be fair even the most deluded of their fan base has had a rude awakening this season. Colin is only trying to galvanize the support and there's no better way of doing it than having a dig at your rivals , even though that ground was lost quite some time back. We took 43,500 to Wembley for that play off final don't forget! A pity we haven't expanded though, would love to be getting 30k plus watching us every week

Taking a mob to Wembley don't count Bryn as most people are on a day out, now what was your average home crowd that season? That's who your true supporters are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024