Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Rigby witness 13:28 - Oct 28 with 3961 viewsperchrockjack

Commits suicide after sinking into depression unable to come to terms with what he saw.

His murderers are alive ,well, totally able to cope with what they did .

Sad or what

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Lee Rigby witness on 12:03 - Oct 29 with 861 viewsItchySphincter

This bloke might've killed himself regardless.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Lee Rigby witness on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 849 viewsVetchitBack

We're not civilised we are "post"-civilised as we lack the moral courage to punish.

Capital punishment and public law and order in a broader sense were designed to stop never ending murderous feuds of vengeance between families and they did so really well but due to us living under the disproven and defunct scribblings of dead economists we now see transgression however brutal, wicked and unprovoked as proof of victimhood.

It is utterly sick in every sense.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Lee Rigby witness on 12:30 - Oct 29 with 835 viewsEbo

Lee Rigby witness on 11:55 - Oct 29 by Darran

Innit why the f*ck would anyone want Ian Watkins for instance treated respectfully?

I don't think that scumbag is being treating respectfully Darran, If you gave him a gun he's shoot himself right now. He is paying for what he did, every second of every day looking over his shoulder.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Lee Rigby witness on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 788 viewsperchrockjack

No itchy.

He was fine before and no more a suicide risk than you or me.

Punishment has to be worthy of the name.

I've said, I'm ambivolent, although most have missed that, but I believe it could/should an option.

Liberal laws and their interpretation has not benefited our society, some would argue and do people feel safer ,as a result of us releasing killers back on to the streets.

Lee Rigby witness on 16:41 - Oct 29 with 760 viewsHighjack

What if we treat them nice 364 days a year, with nice comfortable warm cells and nice food and entertainment to keep the liberals happy, then on the anniversary of their crime give them an annual flogging with a massive whip based instrument until their within an inch of death as punishment?

Would that make everyone happy?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lee Rigby witness on 16:43 - Oct 29 with 756 viewsDarran

Lee Rigby witness on 12:30 - Oct 29 by Ebo

I don't think that scumbag is being treating respectfully Darran, If you gave him a gun he's shoot himself right now. He is paying for what he did, every second of every day looking over his shoulder.

Yeah that'll be it. If he was in with the lads he would be but he isn't so he won't be.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lee Rigby witness on 16:51 - Oct 29 with 754 viewsLohengrin

Lee Rigby witness on 16:41 - Oct 29 by Highjack

What if we treat them nice 364 days a year, with nice comfortable warm cells and nice food and entertainment to keep the liberals happy, then on the anniversary of their crime give them an annual flogging with a massive whip based instrument until their within an inch of death as punishment?

Would that make everyone happy?

This Referenda lark is all the go, High. Why not stage a national vote and discover if a majority of our people agree that the Capital Sanction ought to be restored as an option for the Judiciary. A simple yes or no would put the matter to rest.

'Democratia:' That Idea our people are expected to die for and the benighted have to have imposed on them.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lee Rigby witness on 16:57 - Oct 29 with 747 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lee Rigby witness on 16:51 - Oct 29 by Lohengrin

This Referenda lark is all the go, High. Why not stage a national vote and discover if a majority of our people agree that the Capital Sanction ought to be restored as an option for the Judiciary. A simple yes or no would put the matter to rest.

'Democratia:' That Idea our people are expected to die for and the benighted have to have imposed on them.

We should never again have another referendum. In fact, I'd legislate to make them illegal.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Rigby witness on 17:07 - Oct 29 with 734 viewsperchrockjack

Option is the word.

Capital punishment was abolished only because it was argued and agreed that punitive sanctions would replace.

If people had foreseen the butchery post abolition it would not have been abolished when it was.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:10 - Oct 29 with 723 viewssherpajacob

Lee Rigby witness on 16:57 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

We should never again have another referendum. In fact, I'd legislate to make them illegal.

A device of demagogues and dictators.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Lee Rigby witness on 17:13 - Oct 29 with 711 viewsunion_jack

Lee Rigby witness on 16:57 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

How about a referendum to decide that?

I agree with you, or should I say we should never have been asked to decide on Brexit. Whichever way you voted there could be regrets. I know I regret my vote!

I'd also say that where referenda do take place there should be needed a significant majority (65%) to break the status quo.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Lee Rigby witness on 17:14 - Oct 29 with 709 viewsexiledclaseboy

Has the murder rate increased or decreased since the abolition of hanging? Genuine question. I don't know the answer. I do know that hanging was abolished for an experimental period in the 60s and when there was no significant impact on the number of crimes that used to be punishable by hanging, parliament voted to abolish it permanently. I don't believe it was ever part of the deal to have more punitive custodial sentences in place for the crimes for which hanging used to be an option. Those sentences were already available to the courts.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:40 - Oct 29 with 679 viewsHighjack

Lee Rigby witness on 17:14 - Oct 29 by exiledclaseboy

Has the murder rate increased or decreased since the abolition of hanging? Genuine question. I don't know the answer. I do know that hanging was abolished for an experimental period in the 60s and when there was no significant impact on the number of crimes that used to be punishable by hanging, parliament voted to abolish it permanently. I don't believe it was ever part of the deal to have more punitive custodial sentences in place for the crimes for which hanging used to be an option. Those sentences were already available to the courts.

A quick google suggests it's impossible to tell because the home office measure murder differently these days in the stats. For example Harold shipman would only have counted for 1 incident before 1998, whereas now he'd count as 227 murders or whatever it was.

There's also a campaign group who claim murder has doubled but I'd imagine it would be a lot easier to convict these days with all the advances in forensics, Dna, cameras everywhere etc.

So I'll guess we'll never know.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lee Rigby witness on 17:41 - Oct 29 with 678 viewsVetchitBack

I'm pretty sure it was abolished under the strict assurance that life would mean life.

Then soon after the same people who lobbied for abolition worked tirelessly to ensure that life wouldn't mean life.

Roy Jenkins being a principal antagonist.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:45 - Oct 29 with 670 viewsVetchitBack

It is worth pointing out as well that due to the massive improvements in healthcare many injuries which in the 60s would've resulted in death now do not.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:45 - Oct 29 with 667 viewssherpajacob

Would having the death penalty as an option deterred Lee Rigbys killer?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Lee Rigby witness on 17:48 - Oct 29 with 663 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lee Rigby witness on 17:41 - Oct 29 by VetchitBack

I'm pretty sure it was abolished under the strict assurance that life would mean life.

Then soon after the same people who lobbied for abolition worked tirelessly to ensure that life wouldn't mean life.

Roy Jenkins being a principal antagonist.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't but I don't know for sure. Happy for you to prove me wrong.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:50 - Oct 29 with 655 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lee Rigby witness on 17:40 - Oct 29 by Highjack

A quick google suggests it's impossible to tell because the home office measure murder differently these days in the stats. For example Harold shipman would only have counted for 1 incident before 1998, whereas now he'd count as 227 murders or whatever it was.

There's also a campaign group who claim murder has doubled but I'd imagine it would be a lot easier to convict these days with all the advances in forensics, Dna, cameras everywhere etc.

So I'll guess we'll never know.

I had a feeling that would be the case. Each side will be able to choose whichever stat backs up their argument. Makes little difference to me of course. I'm opposed to corporal and capital punishment regardless of circumstances. Fully accept that I'm probably in a minority.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:51 - Oct 29 with 648 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lee Rigby witness on 17:45 - Oct 29 by sherpajacob

Who knows for sure but you'd have to think that two people on a religious crusade which espouses that martyrdom is something to aspire to wouldn't have been deterred by the prospect of death in any way.

Lee Rigby witness on 17:55 - Oct 29 with 631 viewsVetchitBack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3586178/Roy-Jenkins-made-Britai

Lee Rigby witness on 18:01 - Oct 29 with 616 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lee Rigby witness on 17:55 - Oct 29 by VetchitBack

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3586178/Roy-Jenkins-made-Britai

Good read that. There is of course a diametrically opposite view of Jenkins' legacy. For me he's possibly the greatest Home Secretary the country has had this past century, mainly for all the reasons the author of the Telegraph opinion piece rails against. Again, fully accept that you'll have a different view.

Lee Rigby witness on 02:48 - Oct 30 with 540 viewsLoyal

Lee Rigby witness on 17:45 - Oct 29 by sherpajacob

If Lee Rigby had to die, then having no option but the death penalty would be fine.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Lee Rigby witness on 07:08 - Oct 30 with 523 viewsLohengrin

Lee Rigby witness on 17:10 - Oct 29 by sherpajacob

A device of demagogues and dictators.

Give Clem a break, mun! He must be tired with the constant canonisation he gets on here...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Lee Rigby witness on 15:35 - Oct 30 with 460 viewsKerouac

Talking of Roy Jenkins, although I agree with a lot of what he stood for I enjoyed watching this debate with Tony Benn on Europe...I'm with Tony Benn on this issue (top quality honest debate though, the sort we don't see too much of these days):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Lee Rigby witness on 20:05 - Oct 30 with 418 viewsEbo

Lee Rigby witness on 17:13 - Oct 29 by union_jack

How about a referendum to decide that?

I agree with you, or should I say we should never have been asked to decide on Brexit. Whichever way you voted there could be regrets. I know I regret my vote!

I'd also say that where referenda do take place there should be needed a significant majority (65%) to break the status quo.

I agree.

The last referendum has served one purpose and that is to divide this country - which is what the government wanted all along.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024