Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread 16:30 - Dec 23 with 32214 viewsjackharris

Venue: The Liberty Stadium, landore, Swansea, UK
Date: Monday 26th (Boxing Day) December 2016
Kick Off: 15:00 (3pm)
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 11:43]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:50 - Dec 26 with 2657 viewsBloodyhills

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:51 - Dec 26 by SwansNZ

We were a far far superior team under Guido.

This. We started to play some good football against some of the best teams in the League in the latter days of Guido, very much on the up. Now we just get worse.

I fear for us when we play the top teams again with Bob at the helm.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:59 - Dec 26 with 2575 viewsmalagajack

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:50 - Dec 26 by Bloodyhills

This. We started to play some good football against some of the best teams in the League in the latter days of Guido, very much on the up. Now we just get worse.

Chelsea/Liverpool away will be some kind of record breakers with Bob in charge!
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:04 - Dec 26 with 2507 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:17 - Dec 26 by Smellyplumz

Do is a favour and stick to worrying about you'll do on Saturdays next season.

We do know. The evidence is on the pitch when we get beaten to most second balls. Did you notice how the West Ham defence tended to win most of their challenges and one-on-ones, whereas often we didn't put in the extra and show the commitment needed to do so? A few exceptions, but in the second half we were abysmal at the back. Mawson, VDH and Rangel all guilty of letting a player get in in front of them even though we had a yard head start. It simply shows lack of do or die mentality; the one think Bob is supposed to be good at instilling.

edit - sorry, replied to wrong thread
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 18:05]
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:06 - Dec 26 with 2494 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:50 - Dec 26 by Bloodyhills

We were better. Still sh*t and not getting the results, but less likely to completely collapse. So there was something to build on, whereas I don't see how we can rescue it from here unless there's major surgery.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Dec 26 with 2326 viewsAussieSwan

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:35 - Dec 26 by union_jack

Indeed! But he's not good enough for the Championship. We need someone who can build a team over the next two transfer windows to build a competitive squad for next year.

Oh, and it's 3-0

Many of our players aren't good enough for the championship either.

How many would get into the Brighton, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds side do you think? Some of them would struggle to make Rotherham's starting XI

And Bob Bradley isn't good enough for League One

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 2269 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Dec 26 by AussieSwan

How many would get into the Brighton, Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds side do you think? Some of them would struggle to make Rotherham's starting XI

We've got two centrebacks on the books who were objectively better than Bartley when all three were here, so I'm sure many of our players would look fine in the current Leeds side under a decent manager who knows what he's doing (as long as he doesn't need a plan b).
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:36 - Dec 26 with 2248 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:24 - Dec 26 by AussieSwan

I totally agree. It's what I meant by building a squad. I didn't mean using the current team though I could have put it better.

We need personnel who are hungry for promotion next year. The Championship will be a come down for many of our squad now so the motivation is unlikely to be there.

Recruitment now and in the summer especially, should be looking at good, young championship players with potential. How we find them I don't know but that's our scouting departments job. Easier said than done I know but don't expect the Llorente's or Naughton's or Cork's of this world to get us back up. Their heart won't be in it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:55 - Dec 26 with 2125 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:34 - Dec 26 by AussieSwan

What's the mood like at the ground? I saw a bit of talk on here about making a statement to the Americans / Jenkins by way of chants

Has that happened at all? Is it even going to?

Vociferous over in the East during the second half. Certainly the worst I've seen it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:11 - Dec 26 with 2031 viewsjackrabbit

Who scouts and recommends players to be acquired for the Club? Leadbetter is a name I have heard mentioned. Whoever agreed to pay £15m for Baston must have been on drugs. This is a poor team with poor players, but he in particular, looks decidedly average - no pace, no ball control and no goal-seeking instinct.. Appalling purchase.

I'm more disgusted with the ability of our players to do the basics - tackle, pass and score goals, than I am at the inability of our hapless manager to forge any sort of quality performance from this shower. In fact I am impressed by his post-match interviews where he comes across as perceptive, dignified and honourable. He won't duck responsibility, but it ain't all his fault. Fingers can be pointed in several directions.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:32 - Dec 26 with 1917 viewsLoyal

We are down and gone - accept it and pray for redemption.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:51 - Dec 26 with 1822 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:32 - Dec 26 by Loyal

We are down and gone - accept it and pray for redemption.

Yep.

Our whole situation reminds me of Villa under Remi Garde. It's over.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:09 - Dec 26 with 1744 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:51 - Dec 26 by 34dfgdf54

Yep.

Our whole situation reminds me of Villa under Remi Garde. It's over.

It was over the minute we sacked FG

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:14 - Dec 26 with 1715 viewsPURe_Evil

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:09 - Dec 26 by Smellyplumz

On his birthday.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:20 - Dec 26 with 1686 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:09 - Dec 26 by Smellyplumz

It was over when we sold our best players and didn't replace them.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 1592 viewsFireboy

This
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 1564 viewsFireboy

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:20 - Dec 26 by Headmaster

It was over when we sold our best players and didn't replace them.

And this
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 1554 viewsmonmouth

I refuse to accept it. Give us a proper manager, give us two competent defenders, give the best of the under 23s a chance. Move Sigurdsson back to play everything through him and get Fer behind Llorente.

Choose life.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 20:43]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:43 - Dec 26 with 1548 viewsvetchonian

Another typical supporter who fails to understand the game .ronaldo would struggle to score in this team. Bastion spent most of his time chasing the ball back in our our half covering at left back. Our forwards have zero service .
Our clueless manager has not picked a consistent side ...this is a problem he needs to decisive on an eleven and continue to work with them so partnerships and relating is on the pitch can develop leading to understanding and a pattern of play.
That was
Why we used to be so successful with a squad of less "quality" than we
Now have when we first came into the PL

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:49 - Dec 26 with 1520 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:14 - Dec 26 by PURe_Evil

On his birthday.

At least it wasn't by email hours after a handshake...
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:58 - Dec 26 with 1473 viewsLoyal

If guidolin was the boss on this run he would be long gone.so why not Bob ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 1437 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:58 - Dec 26 by Loyal

Cos he's american
[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 21:06]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 1432 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:58 - Dec 26 by Loyal

Because he has the right accent and passport

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 22:56 - Dec 26 with 1145 viewsGlyn1

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 21:06 - Dec 26 by vetchonian

Because he has the right accent and passport

That's garbage. He's had 40 years in football, so he isn't in any way a novice.

Real^
^****ç”°1111

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 23:29 - Dec 26 with 1078 viewsmajorraglan

I believe BB's appointment was part of a strategy to generate greater interest in the Swans on the other side of the pond. Increased interest and success would potentially increase commercial opportunities which in turn would fuel a growth in revenue etc etc. This appears to be reflected in some of the Swansea Forums which have already seen an increase in American contributors since BB arrived.

If things carry on as they are,it's a cert that Swansea will be in the Championship next season. The squad FG and BB have been working with is in my opinion the poorest for a number of seasons. FG took a lot of stick at the start of the season, but I think he was dong a reasonable job all things considered.

If I were K & L, I would be taking a really good look at how Southampton do things, they appear to have a good scouting system and an excellent academy.
The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 08:50 - Dec 27 with 935 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Swansea City Versus West Ham United Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:39 - Dec 26 by Fireboy

This

It was over the second Huw cnt Jenkins signed over the club.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024