Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 13:11 - Jan 5 with 26045 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 18:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 2531 viewsmax936

Same old problems shit in defence, centre mid and as an attacking unit. massive job ahead for Messr Clement.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 2531 viewsPintado

Clement out, he's had long enough to sort it out.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 2481 viewsDanWelsh86

I hoped we'd lose so we could focus on the league and it would give no false illusions about the depth of the squad and players needed.

Let's be honest with ourselves, the players need as much time on the training ground with the new manager, including bedding in new players etc than traveling to Port Vale for cup tie.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:55 - Jan 7 with 2477 viewspencoedjack

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:52 - Jan 7 by GB11

Not exactly hard to realise that you will mention last years exit with this years.

He is far from a biased cardiff fan.

John Hartson is biased but I dont give a shit.

Funny enough I don't give a shite what you think

Mohamed is an unprofessional tw@t I have not heard him mention any other upset from last season
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 2395 viewsGeoffThom

New manager ,same result ,did he say he wants to give these players a chance ?
God help us ,not bothered by the cup but for morall this is poor ,please bring in new players asap
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 2383 viewsawayjack

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:52 - Jan 7 by Rancid

Wow.Awful scenes.Hull are dogshite and we couldn't even compete with them.Oh well concentrate on the league now and Clement will realize just how poor a squad we have and hopefully do something about it.

True. I can imagine the greedy one trying to persuade Clement the squad was fine after the Palace win. He knows it's shit now so hopefully be pushing for new recruits and shipping out the dross Jenkins has signed.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 2362 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:50 - Jan 7 by Fireboy

After watching the last 20 mins of ashley's stream it looked like they were all over us and the goal was bound to come but it's the way we don't seem to be any close to creating anything against a team we are on the sh!t with and we also have to play again at their gaff

Didn't take our chances . Ki through on quite a few occasions. Conceded a poor goal and got our pocket picked at the end as we tried to get back in.
Seems we are more organised in our play but lacking a cutting edge. Clem knows what he is dealing with now which is a plus point from a poor game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 2345 viewsGB11

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:55 - Jan 7 by pencoedjack

Funny enough I don't give a shite what you think

Mohamed is an unprofessional tw@t I have not heard him mention any other upset from last season

Cool.

What a scummer. Straight to hell upon death.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 2336 viewsPegojack

I don't want to hear "glad we're out of the cup, it's a distraction, blah, blah, blah".

We put in another cr*p performance against the team bottom of the league, that's what matters to me, and what it means for our prospects in the next five months. I hope Clement is laying down the law at this moment in the dressing room.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 2297 viewsmax936

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:53 - Jan 7 by AnotherJohn

Pity we didn't play Mawson with FF to see if that CH partnership could gel. If the change was tactical it was a mistake - back to square one now with usual dodgy defense.

Agreed it might have been better to have kept those two [Mason and FF] together.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:57 - Jan 7 with 2322 viewsAnotherJohn

Feel sorry for the 200 or so Jacks who traveled up to Humberside for that - respect.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:58 - Jan 7 with 2277 viewsMorfa_Same

I love the cups and am always gutted to go out.

But it could be useful for Clement to see how poor we are at first hand while there is still time in the window to do something about it.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:58 - Jan 7 with 2264 viewsFireboy

Well pc's honeymoon period is definitely over with buy at least its only the cup and he has seen most of the players apart from barrow and montero so he will know where he will need to strengthen

COYJB
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:58 - Jan 7 with 2262 viewstomdickharry

Good learning exercise for Clement,no replay to get in the way of our battle to stay in the PL whilst several of our rivals have to play again. At least 3 new signings are needed and please no messing around lets get the ball moving the coming week.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:59 - Jan 7 with 2215 viewsSwaneeRiver

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:50 - Jan 7 by max936

2-0 now.

What is with managers standing on the touchline like statues?
If I was Clement I'd be screaming at the lack of ability to do the simple things like defend and make chances.
I don't care that we are out of the cup, but it didn't sound as if much has changed in the way of the way the team is playing.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 2190 viewsGeoffThom

Bring back curt !
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 2085 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 by max936

Same old problems shit in defence, centre mid and as an attacking unit. massive job ahead for Messr Clement.

Just listened to the match on the radio and it sounded a bloody awful game.

As you say, a massive job ahead if we are to avoid relegation.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Jan 7 with 1830 viewsGriffting

The second we were pushing so fair enough, but the first goal sounds like they walked it in ala b'mouth second a week ago. We need to strengthen in this period before arsenal because the tough run we have some players would potentially deem us a lost cause by then. League position doesn't look as bad atm.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:24 - Jan 7 with 1619 viewsStarsky

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 by DanWelsh86

I hoped we'd lose so we could focus on the league and it would give no false illusions about the depth of the squad and players needed.

Let's be honest with ourselves, the players need as much time on the training ground with the new manager, including bedding in new players etc than traveling to Port Vale for cup tie.

I'd never hope we'd lose a competitive game mate.

Another thing... you'd rather see us more training instead of an FA Cup tie?

I would argue that FA Cup games are more insightful than just training.

Weve now got a blank Saturday in the next round and the round after.

There's been enough disruption with the international breaks.

Anyway, as long as you're happy Mr Welsh

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 1538 viewstrampie

I don't subscribe myself to the 'we don't want a replay' line of logic, I would have taken a draw before a ball was kicked but it wasn't to be, as for those that want to see our rivals playing extra games then Sunderland, Burnley and Palace are all involved in replays, Hull are still going and also have a two legged league cup semi to play, Watford and Leicester are still going and Middlesbrough are still to play in the FA Cup.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 1538 viewsmonmouth

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:24 - Jan 7 by Starsky

I'd never hope we'd lose a competitive game mate.

Another thing... you'd rather see us more training instead of an FA Cup tie?

I would argue that FA Cup games are more insightful than just training.

Weve now got a blank Saturday in the next round and the round after.

There's been enough disruption with the international breaks.

Anyway, as long as you're happy Mr Welsh

I didn't fancy a replay but I'm disappointed to be out. I wish we'd really gone for them in the last twenty instead of carrying on with more of the same. If they'd then scored from breakaways fair enough. This way it feels like someone's walked away with the girl you fancied because you never asked.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 1497 viewsScotia

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:31 - Jan 7 by trampie

I don't subscribe myself to the 'we don't want a replay' line of logic, I would have taken a draw before a ball was kicked but it wasn't to be, as for those that want to see our rivals playing extra games then Sunderland, Burnley and Palace are all involved in replays, Hull are still going and also have a two legged league cup semi to play, Watford and Leicester are still going and Middlesbrough are still to play in the FA Cup.

I am disappointed to be out, but that is the positive. Let's get some players in and concentrate on the league and te checkatrade trophy.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:41 - Jan 7 with 1438 viewsBorojack

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 by DanWelsh86

Port Vale are out they lost 4 0 to Huddersfield how any true Swans fan can be glad we lost is beyond me.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:48 - Jan 7 with 1371 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:41 - Jan 7 by Borojack

Port Vale are out they lost 4 0 to Huddersfield how any true Swans fan can be glad we lost is beyond me.

I'm not glad we lost - I hate it when we lose.

But the worst thing that could have happened today was not us losing, nor even having to replay the fixture. The worst thing that could have happened today was the team flattering to deceive, giving an excuse to those that need to spend serious money, not to spend serious money.

It has been obvious for months that the squad is awful, and any possibility at all for a couple of mediocre signings from the championship to be viewed as 'all we need' to give us a slight chance of keeping our premier league status would have been a total disaster.

Thank God that excuse has been taken away. Doesn't mean we will spend serious money, but it means no one can pretend that it's OK if we don't.
The Official Hull City Versus Swansea City FA Cup 3rd Round Match Day Thread on 17:56 - Jan 7 with 1302 viewsLandore_Jack

We must take our chances, says Clement

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/2016-17/swansea-city-3506140.aspx

Paul Clement felt Swansea City paid the price for failing to take their chances as his first game in charge ended in FA Cup defeat at Hull City. The Swans’ new head coach was encouraged by some aspects of his team’s performance at the KCOM Stadium. But ultimately there was frustration for Clement as the Swans conceded two late goals.

“I wanted to win this game, so did the players, and most importantly I wanted a performance,” he said.

“I felt for long periods I got that performance. I thought the game was quite even, and maybe we even had better chances.

“We had some really good chances — Ki Sung-Yueng in the first half, Nathan Dyer and Fernando Llorente in the second — and we have to take those.

“Then we conceded a disappointing goal. We defended pretty well for most of the game but you could see we were tiring by 78 minutes.

“There was a lapse of concentration and they got in quite easily. In the end, the scoreline flatters Hull.”

Ki came closest to scoring for the Swans when he hit the post just minutes before Abel Hernandez tapped home Hull’s opener. Tigers keeper Eldin Jakupovic also made notable saves to deny Ki, Dyer and Llorente. Hernandez broke the deadlock with 12 minutes of normal time remaining and, with the Swans pushing forward in search of an equaliser, Hull sealed victory deep in the 94th minute when Josh Tymon’s shot went in off the far post.

A crowd of just 6,608 turned up to watch the game, and Clement felt the atmosphere — or lack of — influenced what happened on the pitch.

“I found it very strange,” he admitted. “I think the size of the crowd affected the intensity in the first half.

“There was not much tempo to the game. Maybe there was a bit more in the second half when both teams were trying to win it, but we are looking to play with much more intensity than that.”

Clement reckons time working on the training ground will benefit his new team — while he also acknowledged that he is keen to spruce up the Swans squad with some new faces.
“I learned a lot at Crystal Palace, I have learned a lot in three days of training and I have learned a lot again here,” he said.

“I wouldn’t say we need an influx because there are good players in this squad already.
“But we are looking to do something, and we have got to make sure the players we bring in are better than what we have got.

“We are also working hard on the training field to get my ideas across as quickly as possible.

“That’s an area where we can help improve the team, as well as bringing in new signings.”
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 17:56]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024