Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities 13:18 - Jan 8 with 16194 viewsStarsky

Can someone explain to me why both of the above couldn't have been incorporated at just Landore.
I assume that there are numerous staff (catering, kit, maintenance etc) at both sites.

Wouldn't it have been better to keep it all at Landore... right next to the Liberty?

It's just the internet, init.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 19:58 - Jan 8 with 2108 viewsDewi1jack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 18:12 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

Chelsea would give us a run for our money

And man city

Seem to remember reading Chelsea had the most development players of any club- somewhere in the region of 500-600.

Don't think anyone is having a pop at the much needed training facilities, rather the seeming overrun of costs that the build has generated for certain companies/ people

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:00 - Jan 8 with 2096 viewsFlashberryjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:26 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

One of the most important builds of us being in the premier league .

Great decision by the club

Don't knock it

He's not knocking it.........he's asking a question.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:10 - Jan 8 with 2070 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:51 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

There was nothing wrong with the OP starsk fair point .

It was answered as well

It was the the aftermath .

All this know your place as well

What's that all about ?

Thank you Tommy

I did get a couple of great answers.

Shonky... you didn't enter the debate, just decided to be all clever about it.

You're calling me pompous & thick? I'm many things but neither of those two.

We used get on quite well a few years back when I was Flacky. What the feck happened to you?

Put me on ignore if you like but I don't deserve the crap you're throwing my way on this thread.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:30 - Jan 8 with 2021 viewsmorningstar

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:10 - Jan 8 by Starsky

Thank you Tommy

We used get on quite well a few years back when I was Flacky. What the feck happened to you?

Put me on ignore if you like but I don't deserve the crap you're throwing my way on this thread.

Shonky's a cock.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:37 - Jan 8 with 2002 viewsheadcleaner

I think its fair to ask questions of both sites. Sure its great to have decent facilities I doubt one single honest swans fan would want a return to jersey marine and crawling under a broken fence but we've been going great guns with these sites since we've been in the prem it would be a fair question to ask how far away are we of seeing the first players to come out of the academy and near the first team?

I'm not on about buying in a plethora of "will never make it" scottish boys (thats another debate on wasting money) does anyone know how far away our first home grown players are?
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 1980 viewsWingstandwood

Thank you Tommy

I seriously cannot see anything wrong with an extremely relevant thread topic you initiated bearing in mind the uncertainty/repercussions a possible relegation could bring?

I personally believe the two developments could be subject to the threat of job losses, negative restructuring, downscaling/downsizing etc in a relegation circumstance. The SCFC owned non-joint enterprise one would be under closure or mothballing threat most obviously, but that does not mean the Fairwood one would go unscathed if SCFC cannot meet its obligations to that venture.

Now I'm not saying SCFC is a Bolton/Wrexham (two training grounds gone last year) case but bearing in mind a U.S venture capitalist/sellout combo is running the SCFC show with full voting rights. We may have a reason to be concerned because they could not give a f#ck about SCFC/SCST/supporters.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/10172965/bolton-confirm-sale-of-eux

Argus!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:49 - Jan 8 with 1974 viewsmorningstar

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:37 - Jan 8 by headcleaner

I think its fair to ask questions of both sites. Sure its great to have decent facilities I doubt one single honest swans fan would want a return to jersey marine and crawling under a broken fence but we've been going great guns with these sites since we've been in the prem it would be a fair question to ask how far away are we of seeing the first players to come out of the academy and near the first team?

I'm not on about buying in a plethora of "will never make it" scottish boys (thats another debate on wasting money) does anyone know how far away our first home grown players are?

I'm not entirely sure, but i believe some of our better ones have been out on loan at lower placed lge2 sides, whilst some of the others have already done so and been sent back!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 1962 viewsCatullus

I'm a bit late with this but, don't Man Utd AND Citeh have their training facilities all in one place?
I know they are on a completely different scale to us but if they can be on one site, why couldn't we?
This 9 pitches at Fairwood thing, how many pitches do we actually need? Honest question. We needed better training facilities and that can't be argued against. But the way we went about it can be examined and questioned.
After all, many have been critical of our not extending the ground and the reasons given for not doing so. The fear of relegation was always in there, but surely it's been more important to have extended and tie fans in than build a facility that could well be shut when we go down, I say when because even if not this season, it will happen one day.
We have not brought young players through and we have not tied young fans in, because they can't get in, were the clubs priorities wrong on this?
I honestly don't know and it's a bit late to worry about it, the damage has been done, so to speak.
However, some people are always happy to knock the club, whatever they do AND make accusations about who has benefited from money spent. Usually after the event too.
Me, I used to stick up for HJ and the board, now I'm much more ambivalent. Mistakes have definitely been made but there is nothing I can do about them. Looking back though, hindsight being a fantastic thing, one site for all would have been a better idea.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:32 - Jan 8 with 1910 viewsKilkennyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:37 - Jan 8 by headcleaner

My mate watches a lot and he reckons the only local player with any hope of being a first team regular in the next 3 years is Rodon.

Be great to see.
Its been a long while.

Beware of the Risen People

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:44 - Jan 8 with 1875 viewsNOTRAC

Could this have something to do with the fact that the main contractor was a firm called Jaxx Limited.
Up to 31st July 2015 the total money paid to Jaxx Limited amounted to £7.4 m.
The owner of Jaxx Limited is a certain Mr Morgan.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:55 - Jan 8 with 1853 viewsairedale

So a bloke owns or part owns a football club, which is a private business.

This bloke also owns a builders.

The football business of his needs some building work done, so the bloke uses his building business to do it. The other owners of the football club have no objections.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:11 - Jan 8 with 1819 viewsNOTRAC

Yes fine, if the football club could afford to pay for it.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:16 - Jan 8 with 1805 viewsairedale

It's their business, and their responsibility.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:24 - Jan 8 with 1783 viewsWingstandwood

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:55 - Jan 8 by airedale

So a bloke owns or part owns a football club, which is a private business.

This bloke also owns a builders.

The football business of his needs some building work done, so the bloke uses his building business to do it. The other owners of the football club have no objections.

I don't think the other sellouts would have a problem even if for theoretical example an awarded contract was way overpriced bearing in mind that post-takeover evidence points to the fact they are nothing but a bunch of lowlife conniving parasitic troughing scumbags.

Hardly any of the gang would object to 'one-of-their-own' lining his pockets and profiteering without any shame or conscience. In fact two of them work in partnership in their nice Dutch Travel Club initiative that lines their pockets. Oh and there was the attempt to get Dineen back by reinstating his directorship.

And I bet we don not know half of what has gone on? You know they were rather a despicable bunch what with the take-over shenanigans.

Argus!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:27 - Jan 8 with 1766 viewsbritferry

Do the University still play at the Fairwood complex?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:39 - Jan 8 with 1726 viewsairedale

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:27 - Jan 8 by britferry

Do the University still play at the Fairwood complex?

Don't the Uni own it?
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:41 - Jan 8 with 1721 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Thank you Tommy

I've called you Pompous and thick really ?

Can you point this out for me please ?

And why would I put you on ignore ?

I get on with most , just because I disagree with posts (of which I agreed with yours to a point ) doesn't mean f@ck all really .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:45 - Jan 8 with 1710 viewsStarsky

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:41 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

I've called you Pompous and thick really ?

Can you point this out for me please ?

And why would I put you on ignore ?

I get on with most , just because I disagree with posts (of which I agreed with yours to a point ) doesn't mean f@ck all really .

No Tom.

I was talking to Shonky.

You're one of my Faves mun

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:48 - Jan 8 with 1691 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:45 - Jan 8 by Starsky

No Tom.

I was talking to Shonky.

You're one of my Faves mun

Ah I see

I have had a few vino's

Sorry

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:01 - Jan 8 with 1659 viewsGowerjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:44 - Jan 8 by NOTRAC

Could this have something to do with the fact that the main contractor was a firm called Jaxx Limited.
Up to 31st July 2015 the total money paid to Jaxx Limited amounted to £7.4 m.
The owner of Jaxx Limited is a certain Mr Morgan.

At last.

It's not difficult is it?

Maybe we shelled out £7 million big ones for a job that was only worth £5 million....or maybe even less.

I bet there are lots of builders,mechanical engineers and electricians or building plumbing and electrical suppliers on here.

Did any of you quote for any of Landore or Fairwood work?

You must remember they were big jobs maybe £10 million pounds in total.

Surely the club looked for best value.....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:07 - Jan 8 with 1649 viewsGowerjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:53 - Jan 8 by morningstar

Academies, training facilities down the Gower! Ha! Say what you like, the way our club is going they'll all be training on the beach again within 3 years!

Just to clarify.

There is no such place as the Gower.

It's Gower or the the Gower Peninsula.

As I may have said before....

Plastic since 1974

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:07 - Jan 8 with 1649 viewsSwanseajill

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:44 - Jan 8 by morningstar

In fairness, i don't think anyones complaining about training facilities. But how we are going too afford to run them should we be relegated. After all, if we can't then it would all have been a hell of a lot of money wasted for nothing!

Not for nothing Gar, you'll remember when we dropped out of the first division we had ...nothing, not a ha penny to rub together to show for our three years at the top.

If we drop this season, at least we have assets in the training grounds, considering we have none in the stadium.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:08 - Jan 8 with 1649 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

7 million seems about right I'd say .

Might of got it cheaper but we'll never know, not by much if so .

7 million well invested .

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:14 - Jan 8 with 1636 viewsGowerjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:37 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

I remember the days when we used to complain about inadequate training facilities. Now we're complaining about adequate training facilities.

You lot are mental.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 17:37]

Clasie

I don't think anyone is questioning the need for adequate training facilities but surely the duplication needs to be addressed?

Plastic since 1974

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:19 - Jan 8 with 1621 viewsBanosswan

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:14 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

Clasie

I don't think anyone is questioning the need for adequate training facilities but surely the duplication needs to be addressed?

Duplication? One for senior team, one for academy. Ffs.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024