Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities 13:18 - Jan 8 with 16196 viewsStarsky

Can someone explain to me why both of the above couldn't have been incorporated at just Landore.
I assume that there are numerous staff (catering, kit, maintenance etc) at both sites.

Wouldn't it have been better to keep it all at Landore... right next to the Liberty?

It's just the internet, init.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 18:17 - Jan 9 with 1774 viewsjackeinstein

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:09 - Jan 9 by britferry

It was originally built with 2 floors with the intention of the academy players attending Neath College for their education but their attendance was so poor, their education had to be brought in-house, hence the 3rd floor being built.

Me thinks your talking absolute bollox there britferry, and am sure there was another reason why.The use of Portacabins would of been far more cost effective although perhaps not as aesthetically pleasing.

Skippy me thinks your way out on your averages for the u23s apart from the jocks and the bought players I wouldn't of thought our local lads or the younger players are on that sort of money.

As for value for value for money here's some costs of other training facilities :
Man Citieh £200m
Spurs £70m
St George's Park (Englands training ground) £105m
Brighton FC £30m
Everton Fc £14 m
Everton being an interesting one whereby the club were struggling to pay for the upkeep so the council bought it and rent it back out to them.
Another aspect is some clubs are now selling the training ground naming rights Everton being the latest to USM with memory serving me right is something to do with Arsenals shareholder Usmanov.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 19:27 - Jan 9 with 1724 viewsskippyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:44 - Jan 8 by exiledclaseboy

Skippy is absolutely one of my favourites save for when he decides to get personal with me but "right" is not an adjective I'd use to describe him.

i'm not particularly left either.. I'm just a master at pointing out 'obvious' flaws from people with a 'superiority complex'.

people are 'mental'..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 19:42 - Jan 9 with 1716 viewsexiledclaseboy

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 19:27 - Jan 9 by skippyjack

i'm not particularly left either.. I'm just a master at pointing out 'obvious' flaws from people with a 'superiority complex'.

people are 'mental'..

Aren't they just.

Poll: Tory leader

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:19 - Jan 9 with 1628 viewsKilkennyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:33 - Jan 9 by jasper_T

Then the good prospects will go to another academy without such strict rules.

Shirley you cannot mean that...?

You would have a bunch of spotty kids call the shots and cost our club millions (which could otherwise be spent on real first players) rather than insist on some discipline and application.
None of them will make it anyway if the current (lack of) production line is maintained.

We don't want kids with that attitude at our club, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Feck off to Cardiff City 👍.

Beware of the Risen People

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 22:27 - Jan 9 with 1580 viewsJJJack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:14 - Jan 9 by NOTRAC

Why go ahead with a project if you haven'got the money to build it. Why build up an overdraft that dramatically affects what you are there for in the first place.To run a Premiership team.
Our Sky money gone before we've had it.And this was in 2015. God help our position now.

All sounds very "Labour Party" to me. Doesn't stop most of you lot continually voting for the inept clowns though....
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 07:47 - Jan 10 with 1510 viewswaynekerr55

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:19 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

You would have a bunch of spotty kids call the shots and cost our club millions (which could otherwise be spent on real first players) rather than insist on some discipline and application.
None of them will make it anyway if the current (lack of) production line is maintained.

We don't want kids with that attitude at our club, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Killy it's not the kids that are the problem. Often it's gobshite parents living their dream through their child. 9 times out of 10 it's the parents who don't have a clue who cause the problems, and the other time it's someone who thinks they can call the shots as they've got business relations with the club.

If anybody wants an example of the model parent - Ben Davies' parents used to drop him off and pick him up. No meddling, no interference, never seen as the star.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 1484 viewsjasper_T

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 21:19 - Jan 9 by Kilkennyjack

We want the most talented kids here. A 'my way or the highway' approach doesn't work in a competitive marketplace. Cardiff and other academies will be happy to take the cream of players.

You have to make it easy for them to an extent. Making them walk ten miles in the snow to get to school doesn't 'instill discipline', and neither does putting them on a bus for a couple of hours a day when they have a full school schedule and training.

I read an article about Madrid's academy sometime last year, written by a former student there, and it sounded awful. Yes, they were making good money (some kids out-earning their parents combined at 14/15) but they had no time to eat properly or sleep enough or be kids, you know? Their development as people and footballers suffered, and many came to hate the game.

That class produced some tidy footballers in the end, mind. Maybe it's not so bad.

In-house schooling is a good thing if it cuts down on travel time.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 11:02 - Jan 10 with 1453 viewsandypitt56

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:48 - Jan 8 by Kilkennyjack

Rubbish.

It may have been built for some reasons other than football...?
Its provided 'jobs for the boys'.
Its collected many players from Scotland instead of developing local talent through hard work.
Of course it should be all in a single location. Madness.

Its cost us multi millions per year that could have been used on our first team players, or expanding the liberty.

It is produced no players at all for our first team.
None in the squad vs Hull yesterday.

Its the elephant in the room.

Be interesting to see how relegation impacts it.

How quickly do expect players to be produced? It wont benefit the u18 or u23's yet because its not long been in place. we wont see the benefits until at least the u16's and below start coming through. What it does do is convince other good youngsters to join us. Academies are not for quick reults, they benefit in the long term. Southampton have had an outstanding academy for years, it didnt happen overnight.
Login to get fewer ads

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 12:05 - Jan 10 with 1415 viewsjasper_T

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/real-madrid-football-youth-academy-876

The article for anyone interested.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:51 - Jan 10 with 1366 viewsWatchman

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 11:02 - Jan 10 by andypitt56

How quickly do expect players to be produced? It wont benefit the u18 or u23's yet because its not long been in place. we wont see the benefits until at least the u16's and below start coming through. What it does do is convince other good youngsters to join us. Academies are not for quick reults, they benefit in the long term. Southampton have had an outstanding academy for years, it didnt happen overnight.

and if not mistaken they took SCFC staff to start the ball rolling

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 1347 viewsskippyjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 13:51 - Jan 10 by Watchman

and if not mistaken they took SCFC staff to start the ball rolling

Yes.. Huw and Wales thought they were all incompetent and not worth the money..

So they went off and developed the likes of Gareth Bale and Marcus Rashford instead..

This is probably why Gwion Edwards and Ben Davies f*cked off sharpish..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024