Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities 13:18 - Jan 8 with 16183 viewsStarsky

Can someone explain to me why both of the above couldn't have been incorporated at just Landore.
I assume that there are numerous staff (catering, kit, maintenance etc) at both sites.

Wouldn't it have been better to keep it all at Landore... right next to the Liberty?

It's just the internet, init.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:20 - Jan 8 with 2045 viewsGowerjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:08 - Jan 8 by oh_tommy_tommy

7 million seems about right I'd say .

Might of got it cheaper but we'll never know, not by much if so .

7 million well invested .

Tommy

What do you base that on?

just aking?

Do we have anyone on here that could give an informed estimate of the cost of the works....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:29 - Jan 8 with 2024 viewsGowerjack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:19 - Jan 8 by Banosswan

Duplication? One for senior team, one for academy. Ffs.

Ok

Why do we need seperate facilities?

Think it through...

The 1st team use the ground for maybe 3 mornings a week probably between 9 and 12 am.
Most of the academy players are still in school then.

Remember it's an academy its for youngsters the best of the older players could still gain valuable experience by running out with the 1st team.

And thats without thinking about how many pitches there are at Landore.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:35 - Jan 8 with 2017 viewsBanosswan

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:29 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

Ok

Why do we need seperate facilities?

Think it through...

The 1st team use the ground for maybe 3 mornings a week probably between 9 and 12 am.
Most of the academy players are still in school then.

Remember it's an academy its for youngsters the best of the older players could still gain valuable experience by running out with the 1st team.

And thats without thinking about how many pitches there are at Landore.

The first team are probably there for a couple of hours a couple of times a day.

Regardless of timings, a premiership team should have access to their training ground whenever they need it. If the manager decides they need to change the routine tomorrow then it happens, not ' ooh we can't train an hour earlier as it's been loaned out to bishopston u10s'.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:43 - Jan 8 with 2005 viewsharryhpalmer

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 20:55 - Jan 8 by Catullus

I'm a bit late with this but, don't Man Utd AND Citeh have their training facilities all in one place?
I know they are on a completely different scale to us but if they can be on one site, why couldn't we?
This 9 pitches at Fairwood thing, how many pitches do we actually need? Honest question. We needed better training facilities and that can't be argued against. But the way we went about it can be examined and questioned.
After all, many have been critical of our not extending the ground and the reasons given for not doing so. The fear of relegation was always in there, but surely it's been more important to have extended and tie fans in than build a facility that could well be shut when we go down, I say when because even if not this season, it will happen one day.
We have not brought young players through and we have not tied young fans in, because they can't get in, were the clubs priorities wrong on this?
I honestly don't know and it's a bit late to worry about it, the damage has been done, so to speak.
However, some people are always happy to knock the club, whatever they do AND make accusations about who has benefited from money spent. Usually after the event too.
Me, I used to stick up for HJ and the board, now I'm much more ambivalent. Mistakes have definitely been made but there is nothing I can do about them. Looking back though, hindsight being a fantastic thing, one site for all would have been a better idea.

I'm a bit late with this but, don't Man Utd AND Citeh have their training facilities all in one place?

Yes, Man City spent £200m on it complete with a bridge to the stadium!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:51 - Jan 8 with 1996 viewsJackUlation

A method of getting green belt planning, for a future Gower Hotel.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:53 - Jan 8 with 2100 viewsmonmouth

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:51 - Jan 8 by JackUlation

A method of getting green belt planning, for a future Gower Hotel.

Ah yes. The Gower Hotel.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:55 - Jan 8 with 2099 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:20 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

Tommy

What do you base that on?

just aking?

Do we have anyone on here that could give an informed estimate of the cost of the works....

I spoke to 2 persons who were doing the building works .

Here's Brighton complex at £30 million

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24476352

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 06:54 - Jan 9 with 2029 viewsglanmorjak

Some facts regarding the training grounds. During the period when the old Landore football/rugby/ old admin building was being dug up and knocked down there was an article in the local paper that mentioned the local council selling the land to the Swans, enabling them to build a new training centre for a proposed academy.
At that time there were various sites offered to the Swans for the purpose of a football academy, one notably behind the Ospreys academy in Llandarcy. The Univerity site at Fairwood, a training ground where Swans regularly utilised for pre-season training was also made available to the Swans on a shared lease with use by students at the Univerity.
The major problems that has always been at Fairwood was the poor drainage of the 5/6 pitches there, and usually by October or November matches would be called off. Millions of pounds were spent just on improving the drainage at Fairwood.
With the club aiming for academy one status, the basic demands that needed to be available were the requirements of a set number of full size, halfsize and miniature pitches, grass and 4G, admin buildings, teaching facilities and an indoor barn.
The size of the land at Landore was not big enough to accomodate all of the criteria for academy one status but by including Fairwood it would be. One other reason is that an academy had to be close to a comprehensive school to provide the link that enabled scholars to undergo their set number of hours school work per week. That link was set up with Cwmtawe Comp.
There could be an accusation that there was no competitive tendering which saw a Swans director's building company being employed at Landore, but the excuse was that if there was a shortage of cash at the club the builders would be laid off, a factor most building companies wouldn't accept.
There had to be competitive tendering at Fairwood because of the link with the University and as such the Directors company was not used.

In a nutshell, Landore in itself was not big enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:04 - Jan 9 with 1994 viewsNeath_Jack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:01 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

At last.

It's not difficult is it?

Maybe we shelled out £7 million big ones for a job that was only worth £5 million....or maybe even less.

I bet there are lots of builders,mechanical engineers and electricians or building plumbing and electrical suppliers on here.

Did any of you quote for any of Landore or Fairwood work?

You must remember they were big jobs maybe £10 million pounds in total.

Surely the club looked for best value.....

The client at Fairwood was SCFC themselves, nothing to do with Jaax Ltd.

The main works at Fairwood was carried out by contractors, not Jaax.

The tender process for those works was all above board.

FACT as they say around these parts.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:37 - Jan 9 with 1971 viewsNOTRAC

Jaxx ltd was involved with Landore because if the money ran out it could be stopped ? I would have thought it was less likely to be stopped because it was Morgan's Company .In reality of course we couldn't afford the project, because in the end the club had to borrow the money ,and it is one of the main reasons why financially we are in a mess.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:55 - Jan 9 with 1953 viewsLandore_Jack

A second floor was added to the Landore building. It must have cost a fortune. Why was it not part of the original design? A bit short sighted by the club since the original building had opened in 2013.

#backtojack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:58 - Jan 9 with 1947 viewswaynekerr55

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:48 - Jan 8 by Shonky

How do you know how hard I'm trying?

Maybe because you're trying to be a WUM but coming across as a tedious cūnt.

Just a thought

*DISCLAIMER - this is said with sarcastic humour, no offence meant 😎

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 09:03 - Jan 9 with 1942 viewswaynekerr55

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:55 - Jan 9 by Landore_Jack

A second floor was added to the Landore building. It must have cost a fortune. Why was it not part of the original design? A bit short sighted by the club since the original building had opened in 2013.

Of all the questions (bar maybe the tendering process) this is the most pertinent and valid of them all.

The EPPP criteria hadn't changed so if Cat 1 was the intention all along, then why did they not complete this within the initial build phase? Having seen The Hive in Harrow (ironically where Barnet are now based) that was a phased build over a number of years where the shell was made then the site was gradually kitted out for use.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 09:09 - Jan 9 with 1934 viewsLeonWasGod

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 06:54 - Jan 9 by glanmorjak

Some facts regarding the training grounds. During the period when the old Landore football/rugby/ old admin building was being dug up and knocked down there was an article in the local paper that mentioned the local council selling the land to the Swans, enabling them to build a new training centre for a proposed academy.
At that time there were various sites offered to the Swans for the purpose of a football academy, one notably behind the Ospreys academy in Llandarcy. The Univerity site at Fairwood, a training ground where Swans regularly utilised for pre-season training was also made available to the Swans on a shared lease with use by students at the Univerity.
The major problems that has always been at Fairwood was the poor drainage of the 5/6 pitches there, and usually by October or November matches would be called off. Millions of pounds were spent just on improving the drainage at Fairwood.
With the club aiming for academy one status, the basic demands that needed to be available were the requirements of a set number of full size, halfsize and miniature pitches, grass and 4G, admin buildings, teaching facilities and an indoor barn.
The size of the land at Landore was not big enough to accomodate all of the criteria for academy one status but by including Fairwood it would be. One other reason is that an academy had to be close to a comprehensive school to provide the link that enabled scholars to undergo their set number of hours school work per week. That link was set up with Cwmtawe Comp.
There could be an accusation that there was no competitive tendering which saw a Swans director's building company being employed at Landore, but the excuse was that if there was a shortage of cash at the club the builders would be laid off, a factor most building companies wouldn't accept.
There had to be competitive tendering at Fairwood because of the link with the University and as such the Directors company was not used.

In a nutshell, Landore in itself was not big enough.

No facts please. It gets in the way of a good anti-board rant.
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 15:38 - Jan 9 with 1846 viewsDyfnant

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 23:01 - Jan 8 by Gowerjack

At last.

It's not difficult is it?

Maybe we shelled out £7 million big ones for a job that was only worth £5 million....or maybe even less.

I bet there are lots of builders,mechanical engineers and electricians or building plumbing and electrical suppliers on here.

Did any of you quote for any of Landore or Fairwood work?

You must remember they were big jobs maybe £10 million pounds in total.

Surely the club looked for best value.....

Could explain why the ground 'extension' estimated costs have almost doubled from the original figure

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 15:46 - Jan 9 with 1835 viewsjasper_T

What building works don't go over budget?
Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 15:58 - Jan 9 with 1818 viewsDyfnant

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 15:46 - Jan 9 by jasper_T

Get the contracts done properly and leave others exposed to the risk
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/487761.stm

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:00 - Jan 9 with 1814 viewsNOTRAC

Was it worth having a £15m overdraft at July 2015 ,charged against FUTURE income from Sky tv rights?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:09 - Jan 9 with 1789 viewsNeath_Jack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 15:46 - Jan 9 by jasper_T

Exactly.

For a small example of this, during the refurbishment of Fairwood changing rooms, asbestos was discovered in the building, which hadn't been picked up on the original asbestos survey. Asbestos removals do no come cheap either.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:09 - Jan 9 with 1789 viewsbritferry

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 08:55 - Jan 9 by Landore_Jack

It was originally built with 2 floors with the intention of the academy players attending Neath College for their education but their attendance was so poor, their education had to be brought in-house, hence the 3rd floor being built.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:14 - Jan 9 with 1777 viewsNOTRAC

Why go ahead with a project if you haven'got the money to build it. Why build up an overdraft that dramatically affects what you are there for in the first place.To run a Premiership team.
Our Sky money gone before we've had it.And this was in 2015. God help our position now.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:51 - Jan 9 with 1734 viewsskippyjack

Jobs will be lost
Players will be released
Contracts will be downgraded

Just like any capitalistic machine.. it just chews you up and spits you back out again.

I feel sorry for some of the U23 lads.. because some will be released if relegated.. and they're having a fantastic season.

I hope the seniors are feeling good about themselves.. and Curtis, the poor soul.. increase in pay and all inclusive holidays because he was totally useless at his job.

But what am I on about anyway.. the u23s get paid on average 3k a week anyway.. McBurnie who looks absolutely awful is the highest earner.. he's not very good for the money he is on..

Just like Jenkins.. 500k a year.. Dineen was earning 100k a year.. come on, let's get with reality now.. are these two numpties genuinely worth it?..

Interviews, conversations, meetings and many aspects of their interviews SCREAM out, lacking depth.. but it's not just Huw and Dineen.. it's thousands of people in 'supposed' influential positions around the globe who are f*cking lacking depth.. information processing is a key aspect.. and at least get the 'basics' like 'responsibility' 'accountability' and 'value' in their skill set for God sake..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:03 - Jan 9 with 1710 viewsDewi1jack

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:09 - Jan 9 by britferry

It was originally built with 2 floors with the intention of the academy players attending Neath College for their education but their attendance was so poor, their education had to be brought in-house, hence the 3rd floor being built.

Easy one to solve that.

Either full attendance at Neath or byebye to academy place.
As someone said earlier "Get the contracts right."

No need for a costly extension then

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 1695 viewsWingstandwood

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 16:51 - Jan 9 by skippyjack

Jobs will be lost
Players will be released
Contracts will be downgraded

Just like any capitalistic machine.. it just chews you up and spits you back out again.

I feel sorry for some of the U23 lads.. because some will be released if relegated.. and they're having a fantastic season.

I hope the seniors are feeling good about themselves.. and Curtis, the poor soul.. increase in pay and all inclusive holidays because he was totally useless at his job.

But what am I on about anyway.. the u23s get paid on average 3k a week anyway.. McBurnie who looks absolutely awful is the highest earner.. he's not very good for the money he is on..

Just like Jenkins.. 500k a year.. Dineen was earning 100k a year.. come on, let's get with reality now.. are these two numpties genuinely worth it?..

Interviews, conversations, meetings and many aspects of their interviews SCREAM out, lacking depth.. but it's not just Huw and Dineen.. it's thousands of people in 'supposed' influential positions around the globe who are f*cking lacking depth.. information processing is a key aspect.. and at least get the 'basics' like 'responsibility' 'accountability' and 'value' in their skill set for God sake..

Extremely good read!

Argus!

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 1664 viewsjasper_T

Landore Academy & Gower training facilities on 17:03 - Jan 9 by Dewi1jack

Easy one to solve that.

Either full attendance at Neath or byebye to academy place.
As someone said earlier "Get the contracts right."

No need for a costly extension then

Then the good prospects will go to another academy without such strict rules.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024