Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head 07:19 - Jan 15 with 12336 viewsFlossy

If we are to believe that the Trust new nothing about the sale to the new owners and Jenkins and Co have shafted them plus the incompetence that Jenkins has shown over the last few years - why won't the Trust call for his head.....makes no sense to me unless they also have skeletons in the cupboard that would be exposed if they did so!!!!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:09 - Jan 17 with 1411 viewsperchrockjack

Dear God. It is worse than 82

No question.

We ve got people ,supposedly with brains ,looking after the interest of our club

In the 80 s ,we had nobody really. We had neither the means nor money

Now, we have the means and the money ...

I really don't see the point of the Trust as this car crash has been unfolding for too long and the damage seems terminal.

Jenkins could be in charge of us after we ve gone down?

Indefensible

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:35 - Jan 17 with 1360 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:02 - Jan 17 by costalotta

I took your post to mean results ... future tense, his results over the last few years have been appalling. So on this matter your either your ignoring his previous results or hoping he can perform and get results going forward.

Clearly the Trust think he's the best man for the job!

No, not clearly at all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:36 - Jan 17 with 1355 viewsperchrockjack

s

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:38 - Jan 17 with 1348 viewsperchrockjack

Seems clear he s going nowhere.

He stays, we re finished

Its about how much people care

MANY FACE LOSING THEIR JOBS yet the people responsible are comforted financially. These people are not seen worthy of vilification

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 1343 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:35 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

No, not clearly at all.

Clarity at last. That's all you need now is a pair of cajones! A spine or backbone. In simple terms courage and conviction.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 10:42]
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:44 - Jan 17 with 1330 viewsperchrockjack

So, if they are doubts, why is that so?

LOOK BACK AT THE RESULTS of his labours and there is but one conclusion.

The Trust is our shield/bastion/flood defence isn't it?

Ive not recovered from the "no ready made replacement " statement yet

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:51 - Jan 17 with 1316 viewsFerrieBodde

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:54 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Well, I'm looking at the league table and we're 1 point (+GD) from safety, with 51 points left on the table. That can't be "all but relegated". It's going to be a struggle of course, and we may even be odds against.

I'm not going to defend Jenkins. However, my point is there's a difference between asking the question of whether he's the best man for the job, or whether it's beneficial for the Trust to publicly campaign for his removal at this time.

"Well, I'm looking at the league table and we're 1 point (+GD) from safety, "

This is the response I'd feared I was going to hear from you. That we're merely 1 point from safety.

Us being one point from safety doesn't negate the fact that history is completely and unequivocally against our side and that teams with just 15 points after 21 games almost never stay up.

In the next 5 weeks we have (in order) L'pool, Saints, Man City, Leicester, and Chelsea. I haven't a god damn clue how we're going to be able to muster some results against teams like this, and there's every chance that we're be able to only get 1 point from this lot, if that. And after these 5 games they'll only be 12 left.

"with 51 points left on the table."

This is not at all a comforting fact when from a possible 63 points thus far we have only gained 15. There can be a million points left on the table but it means nothing when you're dealing with an atrocious team that cannot win points to save their lives. We're rock bottom of the table and average 0.7 points per game ffs.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 1311 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:51 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

"Well, I'm looking at the league table and we're 1 point (+GD) from safety, "

This is the response I'd feared I was going to hear from you. That we're merely 1 point from safety.

Us being one point from safety doesn't negate the fact that history is completely and unequivocally against our side and that teams with just 15 points after 21 games almost never stay up.

In the next 5 weeks we have (in order) L'pool, Saints, Man City, Leicester, and Chelsea. I haven't a god damn clue how we're going to be able to muster some results against teams like this, and there's every chance that we're be able to only get 1 point from this lot, if that. And after these 5 games they'll only be 12 left.

"with 51 points left on the table."

This is not at all a comforting fact when from a possible 63 points thus far we have only gained 15. There can be a million points left on the table but it means nothing when you're dealing with an atrocious team that cannot win points to save their lives. We're rock bottom of the table and average 0.7 points per game ffs.

History is equally against the other teams in our predicamant too. Of which there are 3 others. 4 if we count the team 5 points ahead of us that needs to come down here.

Login to get fewer ads

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:05 - Jan 17 with 1287 viewsFerrieBodde

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:53 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

History is equally against the other teams in our predicamant too. Of which there are 3 others. 4 if we count the team 5 points ahead of us that needs to come down here.

If we have to depend on 3 teams being somehow worse than us at the end of the season then we're as good as down.

And history isn't equally against Hull and Palace, 2 of the 3 you mentioned. They have one point more than we do. It has happened countless times where 1 point is the difference between staying up and going down. Hell, it happened to us back in 2003.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:16 - Jan 17 with 1268 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:05 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

If we have to depend on 3 teams being somehow worse than us at the end of the season then we're as good as down.

And history isn't equally against Hull and Palace, 2 of the 3 you mentioned. They have one point more than we do. It has happened countless times where 1 point is the difference between staying up and going down. Hell, it happened to us back in 2003.

Yeah, I can't agree. While goal difference alone could be enough to relegate us, and our GD worries me, we're no more as good as down as the teams around us ... and one of them has to stay up.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 1243 viewsTheResurrection

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 18:46 - Jan 16 by monmouth

Well up to a point. Doesn't it depend on what 'justice' looks like though?

If it is just a smack on the wrists for a technical breach and both sides paying their own costs, then it would cost the trust for no gain. I would have thought the Trust had to prove consequential loss and unless there was a potential buyer for 21% then that there isn't now, it's hard to see what that would look like. Not having the opportunity of being offered the shares pro rata would presumably only be of value if the judge believed it was likely that the Trust could have bought them?

I should qualify this by saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about really, other than the general point that a pyrrhic victory is no victory.

The loss is quite clear.

When the old shareholders were secretly (apparently) seeking to sell their shares and therefore breaking contract, those shares were valued at £1m per share, or thereabouts.

ALL BAR ONE of the shareholders were able to sell their shares to this value.

One wasn't and now how much are they worth?

The problem with the Trust now isn't too dissimilar to what went on before in the fact they are once again enjoying the small celebrity that comes from the role.

The Americans have patted the 3 or 4 of them that seem to run the Trust for the thousands on their heads, put an arm around their shoulders and said "Hey man, we're sorry, we like you guys, look.... These are the players we're after, this is our list. Keep it to yourselves and only whisper to your closest of friends, OK"

They seem to have employed a PR man in Pearlman, a go between to sooth our wounds and to chuck us the odd bone. The Trust are then allowed to claim credit for the sacking of Bradley and appointment of Clement. Probably the most naive thing I've ever read in any of their statements and even publicly backed Jenkins, regardless of what spin they've attempted to put on it after it was released, it still endorsed Jenkins in this coming transfer window.

Being lulled into a false sense of security is what the Trust excel at.

Showing bite and professional aggression they have no clue.

Being arrogant and dismissive and rubbing people up the wrong way is Ux's role and one he does standing on his head. He's perfect in this role and is continuing to alienate more and more by the dozen.

But if fans feel strongly about all this you need to do something about it.

If you want a vote of no confidence in Jenkins and the Trust won't do this - you have to petition a vote of no confidence in the Trust or individuals within.

How many would do this?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:57 - Jan 17 with 1221 viewsUxbridge

In fairness Chris, I'll happily pass on the role of being arrogant and dismissive and rubbing people up the wrong way to someone much more qualified if you're willing to step up.

Anyway, this whole maximising shareholder wealth thing interests me. Since when was that what the Trust is about? Never has been, and never should be. The Trust always has been about ensuring the club has a voice in the running of the football club and seeking to ensure that decisions are made in the best long term interests.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 12:00]

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:11 - Jan 17 with 1184 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:42 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

The loss is quite clear.

When the old shareholders were secretly (apparently) seeking to sell their shares and therefore breaking contract, those shares were valued at £1m per share, or thereabouts.

ALL BAR ONE of the shareholders were able to sell their shares to this value.

One wasn't and now how much are they worth?

The problem with the Trust now isn't too dissimilar to what went on before in the fact they are once again enjoying the small celebrity that comes from the role.

The Americans have patted the 3 or 4 of them that seem to run the Trust for the thousands on their heads, put an arm around their shoulders and said "Hey man, we're sorry, we like you guys, look.... These are the players we're after, this is our list. Keep it to yourselves and only whisper to your closest of friends, OK"

They seem to have employed a PR man in Pearlman, a go between to sooth our wounds and to chuck us the odd bone. The Trust are then allowed to claim credit for the sacking of Bradley and appointment of Clement. Probably the most naive thing I've ever read in any of their statements and even publicly backed Jenkins, regardless of what spin they've attempted to put on it after it was released, it still endorsed Jenkins in this coming transfer window.

Being lulled into a false sense of security is what the Trust excel at.

Showing bite and professional aggression they have no clue.

Being arrogant and dismissive and rubbing people up the wrong way is Ux's role and one he does standing on his head. He's perfect in this role and is continuing to alienate more and more by the dozen.

But if fans feel strongly about all this you need to do something about it.

If you want a vote of no confidence in Jenkins and the Trust won't do this - you have to petition a vote of no confidence in the Trust or individuals within.

How many would do this?

I wonder if both the club and the Trust rely heavily on fan apathy so that the status quo remains?

Having said that you are right as ultimately the fans are ones with the power to do what you suggest but they need an opinion first.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:16 - Jan 17 with 1173 viewsDafyddHuw

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:57 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

In fairness Chris, I'll happily pass on the role of being arrogant and dismissive and rubbing people up the wrong way to someone much more qualified if you're willing to step up.

Anyway, this whole maximising shareholder wealth thing interests me. Since when was that what the Trust is about? Never has been, and never should be. The Trust always has been about ensuring the club has a voice in the running of the football club and seeking to ensure that decisions are made in the best long term interests.

" The Trust always has been about ensuring the club has a voice in the running of the football club and seeking to ensure that decisions are made in the best long term interests."

Pfft. So when is th Trust gonna start doing either of theses things?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:18 - Jan 17 with 1172 viewsDafyddHuw

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:06 - Jan 17 by FerrieBodde

"But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here."

As if the sellers didn't already clearly and brazenly commit a gargantuan breach of contract themselves with the sale. Oh my days, the irony is killing me.

How you, as a representative of the trust, is expressing fear over potentially breaching a contract when the sellers already shamelessly broke the existing shareholder's agreement and dropped a giant dump on it is astounding.

This kind of cowardly and spineless behavior is playing right into the sellers and the current owners' hands. Right fúcking into them. It is the kind of behavior that has and is continuing to allow them to run this club straight into the ground. This is but a microcosm of the greater trust's complete inaction and timidity.

"The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action."

Let me ask you this: what is to gain by allowing those in charge to continue destroying this club unabated and treating the fans like utter shit? Please tell me.

We're already all but relegated. What much more and how much worse do our fortunes have to get before you lot take any sort of action? Jesus Christ.

Give it up butt.
If you're looking for someone to stick it to the sellers and the buyers, it won't be the Trust. They'll be too busy touching forelocks and not rocking boats.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:32 - Jan 17 with 1153 viewsTheResurrection

I'm not on the Trust Board, Andrew, there's a HUGE difference but thanks for reiterating my point (shared by too many i'm afraid)

And fack me backwards - they're back to that old mantra now haha!!

Lets face it, you've been wooed again by their sexy accents and to hell with the supporters - you're alright again Jack!!

Unbelievable lack of direction and leadership.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:42 - Jan 17 with 1125 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:32 - Jan 17 by TheResurrection

I'm not on the Trust Board, Andrew, there's a HUGE difference but thanks for reiterating my point (shared by too many i'm afraid)

And fack me backwards - they're back to that old mantra now haha!!

Lets face it, you've been wooed again by their sexy accents and to hell with the supporters - you're alright again Jack!!

Unbelievable lack of direction and leadership.

You could be on there if you chose to, Chris. Your choice. Let's not pretend otherwise. There'll be another election soon enough too. I hope lots of new people stand.

Anyway, I like to think I'm maintaining a healthy cynicism. Improved communication is a very good thing, but meaningless in itself as you also say.

There's definitely been more engagement though in recent times, which I'm glad about, as evidenced by the sacking of Bradley and the appointment of Clement, along with a whole host of day to day stuff. That's a good thing, which I'm sure even you would agree on.

Long way to go though.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:45 - Jan 17 with 1111 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:42 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

You could be on there if you chose to, Chris. Your choice. Let's not pretend otherwise. There'll be another election soon enough too. I hope lots of new people stand.

Anyway, I like to think I'm maintaining a healthy cynicism. Improved communication is a very good thing, but meaningless in itself as you also say.

There's definitely been more engagement though in recent times, which I'm glad about, as evidenced by the sacking of Bradley and the appointment of Clement, along with a whole host of day to day stuff. That's a good thing, which I'm sure even you would agree on.

Long way to go though.

Which one is it man? Can you chose to be on the Trust board or do you have to be elected? Make up your mind.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:51 - Jan 17 with 1092 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:45 - Jan 17 by costalotta

Which one is it man? Can you chose to be on the Trust board or do you have to be elected? Make up your mind.

Ha ha. Sorry, shouldn't laugh.

Anyway, If Chris stood I'm sure, with his supporters backing, he'd be elected. I've personally offered countless times to sign his nomination form myself and even campaign for his electon. The Trust needs passionate people who are prepared to put the work in involved.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:01 - Jan 17 with 1071 viewsDarran

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:51 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

Anyway, If Chris stood I'm sure, with his supporters backing, he'd be elected. I've personally offered countless times to sign his nomination form myself and even campaign for his electon. The Trust needs passionate people who are prepared to put the work in involved.

I concur.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:11 - Jan 17 with 1061 viewsvetchonian

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:45 - Jan 17 by costalotta

Its simple you can choose to be on the board by putting yourself up for election. As in most organisations where there are committees etc and people sit on the sidelines criticising.
Our fan base is great not so long ago many were praising HJ "in Huw we trust", I myself pilloried for calling him lucky in his succes at appointing managers and player acquisition, now he has become the devil incarnate given where we are in the league and the revelations about the sales of the shares. I am not defending him as I think
1. this so called fan has used us for self gratification
2. he has sold out our beloved club from "security" to a volatile future as we get passed from "speculator to speculator".
THis knocking of the Trust is wearing thin....what do people expect?
And I would love to see someone "fronting up" to the Americans what do people think that would achieve. The best tack is to work with them....As much as I am not a fan of HJ in the short term unless there is a better alternative we should keep him there and use the Trust as a moderator.....imagine Jason and Steve left to their own devices making more decisions similar to the appointment of Bradley whihc did more to contribute to our current plight in the the table in a short space of time. Whilst the squad lacks some quality it showed during the first half on Saturday it had the ability to compete with proper organisation....just as we did under Guido against Liverpool and Mancity at home.
The problem is during the interim th confidnece of the quality key players ( er Siggi ) has been knocked out of them as a result of the disasterous results under BB.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:27 - Jan 17 with 1036 viewsAngelRangelQS

It's very easy to shout from the rooftops how unhappy you are, demand Jenkins' head on a plate, destroy the relationship with the Yanks, etc. but at this point in time, how can it be the right thing for the club?

We've already had one of the most unstable seasons that any side has had in the history of the PL.. three managers by 3rd Jan must be some sort of record. The last thing we need is even more uncertainly and upheaval by removing someone who is presumably so involved with so many aspects of the way that we are run. I'd imagine it would take months to unravel that particular web.

Jenkins' days are numbered, certainly as the DOF but I think that needs to wait until May, irrespective of whether we stay up or not. I hope the yanks spend the time looking for a suitable alternative.

We aren't all but down. The historical argument means nothing. The fact is that we are two points (forget GD we wont be able to rely on that I don't think) away from getting ourselves out of this mess. Hull, Sunderland, us, Palace, Boro and Watford all look poor sides to varying degrees and I appreciate that we look just about the worst but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that with a bit of confidence, we can put a run together.

The next month or so looks quite tough with Liverpool, City and Chelsea to play away from home but if we can do enough so that we go into March still only a couple of results away from safety, we've got every chance.

As for the Yanks, these aren't a two bit crook like Petty who picked the club up for a quid - they've spent big money in acquiring the club and won't be chased out of town quite so easily. If the Trust can work alongside them as best they can, be involved in decisions where they can be whilst also considering the legal options open to them as well as looking for buyers, then they need to do that.

In terms of any legal action against the sellers, it needs to be worthwhile - I've got no idea what we are able to recover, if anything, but it's pointless doing it if they best we can hope for is a ticking off from a judge and some nominal damages. You can bet your bottom dollar that they all took legal advice before the sale, which would include the risks involved in doing it. The fact that they made the decision to go ahead in spite of that, may suggest our recourse is quite limited.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 13:30]
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 1008 viewsAngelRangelQS

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:22 - Jan 15 by Murph75

Jeez you really are a pit of a pompous prick. No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.

So you think that giving the clubs chairman a vote of no confidence isnt important?

Like I said previously you and your cronies are the distance between you and the fan base is growing wider and wider on a daily basis. I wouldn't trust you to run a bath.

I don't agree with the personal attacks on Uxbridge, however...

I think you are absolutely spot on that if the Trust are going to push for Jenkins' removal then it needs to go to the members first. We are talking about someone who has basically been running the club for the last 15 years or whatever it is... it would be a massive decision.

I personally think that there is an argument that this should be put to the members over and above whether legal action should be taken.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:38 - Jan 17 with 1004 viewsGowerjack

Which the Trust have failed at doing.

Or am I missing something here?

Bottom of the league.
Staring relegation in the face.
On our 3rd manager of the season.
A very very poor playing staff.
Former board members taking the f uckin piss out of us.

And best of all Huw Jenkins in charge of our recruitment strategy despite the fact it's clear to everyone he's no good at it.

Well done mate cheers!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 15:20 - Jan 17 with 926 viewscostalotta

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:51 - Jan 17 by Uxbridge

The irony! Glad you see the funny side though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024