Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head 07:19 - Jan 15 with 12414 viewsFlossy

If we are to believe that the Trust new nothing about the sale to the new owners and Jenkins and Co have shafted them plus the incompetence that Jenkins has shown over the last few years - why won't the Trust call for his head.....makes no sense to me unless they also have skeletons in the cupboard that would be exposed if they did so!!!!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:02 - Jan 15 with 1291 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:59 - Jan 15 by Murph75

So you think a vote of no confidence in the club's chairman shouldn't be decided by the trust members?

There's the problem boys and girls.

The supporters trust, to represent the needs and aims of our members at all times. Well sometimes.

Yeah, that's what I said. I said I didn't think it merits a ballot, not that members shouldn't be consulted. in fact I actually stated members should be consulted. But yeah, feel free to twist what I said.

It's utterly impractical for the Trust to ballot its members every time it issues a press release.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:07 - Jan 15 with 1269 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:02 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Yeah, that's what I said. I said I didn't think it merits a ballot, not that members shouldn't be consulted. in fact I actually stated members should be consulted. But yeah, feel free to twist what I said.

It's utterly impractical for the Trust to ballot its members every time it issues a press release.

You and your pals are becoming so far disconnected from the supporters its unbelievable.

You feeling a little sensitive tonight? I've not twisted anything mush.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:14 - Jan 15 with 1241 viewsDarran

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:07 - Jan 15 by Murph75

You and your pals are becoming so far disconnected from the supporters its unbelievable.

We lost 4-0 yesterday Murph and when the third goal went in I said to my next door neighbour that only comes to the games when my daughters not up to going here we go.

There was nothing,not a murmur.

Now that's not sticking up for the Trust or being misguided that's a FACT.

The majority of our fans couldn't give a fuçk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:14 - Jan 15 with 1241 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:07 - Jan 15 by Murph75

Ha. Far from it my friend. It's Sunday night, I have a glass of wine in my hand, about to watch a film and I've had a great weekend, catching up with one of my oldest friends and his family visiting. Apart from 2 hours yesterday afternoon of course. Life is good.

However your proposal is a bit impractical. Sending out voting forms to the 1500 or whatever it currently is members every time the Trust have to decide something is implausible, unwieldly, expensive and overkill. Such things have to be for the things that are utterly fundamental to the Trust - election of its board members, a potential share sale, that sort of thing. The Trust board are then elected to act on behalf of its members on such things as deciding whether the Trust should call for Jenkins' head or not. Now, that's not to say that members views shouldn't be canvassed and there are lots of ways to do that these days, without holding a formal referendum on the topic. It'd be like the Government holding a referendum for every decision it makes.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:18 - Jan 15 with 1221 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:14 - Jan 15 by Darran

We lost 4-0 yesterday Murph and when the third goal went in I said to my next door neighbour that only comes to the games when my daughters not up to going here we go.

I'd say that's the fault of the trust. We have 20k support at a home game and yet the trust has 1800 members.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:22 - Jan 15 with 2274 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:14 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Ha. Far from it my friend. It's Sunday night, I have a glass of wine in my hand, about to watch a film and I've had a great weekend, catching up with one of my oldest friends and his family visiting. Apart from 2 hours yesterday afternoon of course. Life is good.

However your proposal is a bit impractical. Sending out voting forms to the 1500 or whatever it currently is members every time the Trust have to decide something is implausible, unwieldly, expensive and overkill. Such things have to be for the things that are utterly fundamental to the Trust - election of its board members, a potential share sale, that sort of thing. The Trust board are then elected to act on behalf of its members on such things as deciding whether the Trust should call for Jenkins' head or not. Now, that's not to say that members views shouldn't be canvassed and there are lots of ways to do that these days, without holding a formal referendum on the topic. It'd be like the Government holding a referendum for every decision it makes.

Jeez you really are a pit of a pompous prick. No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.

So you think that giving the clubs chairman a vote of no confidence isnt important?

Like I said previously you and your cronies are the distance between you and the fan base is growing wider and wider on a daily basis. I wouldn't trust you to run a bath.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:25 - Jan 15 with 2266 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:22 - Jan 15 by Murph75

Jeez you really are a pit of a pompous prick. No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.

So you think that giving the clubs chairman a vote of no confidence isnt important?

Like I said previously you and your cronies are the distance between you and the fan base is growing wider and wider on a daily basis. I wouldn't trust you to run a bath.

Yeah, not important, that's what I said. I think our opinions of each other are quite similar.

Anyway, probably best I bow out of this little spat now. Have a good evening.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:30 - Jan 15 with 2259 viewsMurph75

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:25 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Yeah, not important, that's what I said. I think our opinions of each other are quite similar.

Anyway, probably best I bow out of this little spat now. Have a good evening.

Aye, those statements don't copy and paste themselves.
Login to get fewer ads

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:31 - Jan 15 with 2255 viewsDarran

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:18 - Jan 15 by Murph75

I'd say that's the fault of the trust. We have 20k support at a home game and yet the trust has 1800 members.

I'd say it's the fault of a lot of people not giving a fuçk.

Again seriously how many times have you seen on Sky etc over the years hundreds of people standing outside the main entrance of a football club all singing sack the board sack the board etc?

The third goal goes in and hundreds of people get up and leave,where did they go? They didn't go around to the main entrance to protest did they? Then the fourth goal goes in and hundreds more get up and walk out,where did they go? It wasn't around to the main entrance to join the others protesting was it because there was no fuçker there.

I've no idea what happened when you were arranging the meeting up the Landore Club but what you were doing is exactly what we needed and what we need is things the Trust can't possibly put their name to.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:39 - Jan 15 with 2231 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Chris Pearlman can replace Jenkins on a temporary basis.

Jenkins has played Chairman/Chief Exec/Head of Transfer Strategy for nearly 15 years. He has become stale and it is time for change.

As for relegation - we deserve to go down.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:41 - Jan 15 with 2229 viewsWingstandwood

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:14 - Jan 15 by Darran

The ones who truly give a f#ck are Petty era veteran type (or of similar mindset if too young) that truly care (sing Greedy bastard song etc) and ironically because of their anti-board status the Yanks can least afford to lose. In fact someone like you and quite a few others on here, on this forum that have stood by/supported no matter what.

Now I remember you saying that you had to push yourself to attend over Xmas! How many more share your mindset? How many more rapidly starting to succumb to the side effect of the takeover? I've put a fair amount of money myself into supporting SCFC but I no longer have a fraction of the loyalty and respect for SCFC. Loyalty and respect was not shown to myself and thousands of others so why the f#ck should I care. The club has now become an alien-entity undeserving of respect, loyalty, positive reciprocation and my money!

Argus!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:04 - Jan 15 with 2179 viewsDarran

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 21:41 - Jan 15 by Wingstandwood

The ones who truly give a f#ck are Petty era veteran type (or of similar mindset if too young) that truly care (sing Greedy bastard song etc) and ironically because of their anti-board status the Yanks can least afford to lose. In fact someone like you and quite a few others on here, on this forum that have stood by/supported no matter what.

Now I remember you saying that you had to push yourself to attend over Xmas! How many more share your mindset? How many more rapidly starting to succumb to the side effect of the takeover? I've put a fair amount of money myself into supporting SCFC but I no longer have a fraction of the loyalty and respect for SCFC. Loyalty and respect was not shown to myself and thousands of others so why the f#ck should I care. The club has now become an alien-entity undeserving of respect, loyalty, positive reciprocation and my money!

That's a beautiful post mate so let's leave the Trust get on with the legal business and the fans takeover the protest.

That's if any fans at games give a fuçk of course.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:09 - Jan 15 with 2156 viewsClinton

As a 10 quid Trust member and having renewed my ST, and stayed to the end on Saturday; I would vote to leave HJ in place for the time being. Maybe at the end of the season everything should get reviewed.
Conclusion based on the points debated in the whole of the thread above.
I find Uxbridges points well put in general. Edit: although I think it would be good practice to refer to the majority owners as the 'majority owners' rather than 'the yanks'. lets face it, they own the club and the only way forward is to embrace that fact for what it is.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 22:53]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 06:11 - Jan 16 with 2006 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 19:50 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

Fancy people from the Trust having a life. For what it's worth, I've been playing Lego with the daughter most of the day ... a welcome distraction after yesterday.

There's hardly been universal agreement on here regarding what should happen. Some people think he should go now, some think he should go in the summer, some think the Trust should have better things to do. Clasey made a very good point earlier comparing the tone on here with the tone in the stands and offline ... they're not entirely in sync. The Trust will have the same discussions and differing opinions internally too.

Anyways, here's my take on things. Jenkins clearly has the backing of the Americans, otherwise he wouldn't have been kept in the gig, and on paper you can see why he would ... been chairman during a period of unparalleled success etc, whilst they have no experience of the PL. Whether they have as much confidence now as they did at the start is another question and not one I can answer, but regardless he clearly has their backing for the role.

Is the January transfer window the right time for a transition? Say we get rid of Jenkins, how would that affect what happens during this window. There's no ready made replacement who could simply slip into the roll. Dineen perhaps Also, like it or not, recruitment isn't a one man band. You've got the whole scouting and recruitment process. You've got Clement coming out and supporting the targets that are being mentioned. Can a change be made that would significantly improve recruitment in the next 16 days? Short of seeing if Tutumlu fancies the job, I'm not sure. That's a joke by the way! Although, given our recruitment process has been poor in my eyes since Monk took charge, I think the issues we face are deeper than the bloke at the top.

Some talk on this thread of whether the Trust has to worry about other concerns ... would publicly calling for Jenkins' head on a spike impact the tentatively improving nature of the relationship between the Yanks and the Trust. It's probably a valid concern, although not one that would be a determining factor for me.

Anyway, I do think the latest Trust statement was a challenge to Jenkins to make a step forward in rectifying the mistakes of previous windows. Gylfi aside, it's difficult to think of one signing who's fitted the Swansea model of the pre-Monk years. That has to change. I think the appointment of Clement is the right sort of appointment for a change, and the likes of Carroll are the right sorts of player (although I'm not exactly convinced of his merits).

Anyway, Jenkins is like any employee now and has to be judged accordingly. Many have already judged him, partly for the sale itself but partly for the record of the last couple of years. Many have not. The Americans don't seem to have. For me, if we suffer another poor window and there's no progress made then it's difficult to see how change could not be forthcoming.

"Also, like it or not, recruitment isn't a one man band. You've got the whole scouting and recruitment process."

And who was the one who put this pitiful scouting and recruitment system in place? Who was the one who hired those useless muppets Dave Leadbetter, Tim Henderson, and George Foster? And who is the one who has and has always had the final say on transfers?

It all starts with Huw Jenkins. He was the one who thought it would be a good idea hiring three lower league peons with zero football pedrigree whatsoever to be in charge of recruitment for a Premier League club, and he is the one who somehow continues to rely and retain that trio despite years of pathetic performance. It is utterly ridiculous. I'm not normally one to shift blame on just one person, but this is all down to Jenkins. He has to go.

Come on you Swans.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 07:35 - Jan 16 with 1960 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 22:09 - Jan 15 by Clinton

As a 10 quid Trust member and having renewed my ST, and stayed to the end on Saturday; I would vote to leave HJ in place for the time being. Maybe at the end of the season everything should get reviewed.
Conclusion based on the points debated in the whole of the thread above.
I find Uxbridges points well put in general. Edit: although I think it would be good practice to refer to the majority owners as the 'majority owners' rather than 'the yanks'. lets face it, they own the club and the only way forward is to embrace that fact for what it is.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 22:53]

Kind of think we have to embrace the reality as you say, and this has been a common theme really. There was always going to be change, pretty much after the initial American offer. Anyway, nowt more than a bit of shorthand.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:25 - Jan 16 with 1902 viewsbarry_island

I thought someone said Jim Henson was in charge of our recruitment. It must be Tim Henderson I heard, I think.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:54 - Jan 16 with 1835 viewswaynekerr55

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:25 - Jan 16 by barry_island

I thought someone said Jim Henson was in charge of our recruitment. It must be Tim Henderson I heard, I think.

Judging by the cr*p we've recruited it looks like we've got Tim Nice but Dim in charge...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:14 - Jan 16 with 1813 viewsDafyddHuw

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 20:18 - Jan 15 by Uxbridge

For what it's worth, it's the first appointment since Laudrup where I can see the logic to it. Young coach, experience at some of the biggest clubs in the world, excellent apprenticeship, has ideas about football that should resonate with what we were trying to do in the past. It makes a lot of sense to me. Whether it works is another question entirely, but it's a decent appointment IMO. Far better him than someone like Redknapp or Allardyce ... all they are are sticking plasters. We have deeper issues.

speaking of deeper issues....

is the Trust STILL looking into the possibility of taking the old owners to court?

If this is dead in the water, we should be told and the reasons why.

If not, what is the next few months going to tell you that the last 12 months hasn't?

You needn't rush to answer, I long ago stopped expecting any communication from the Trust.

Since the Yanks took over, I've felt a disconnect which seems to be growing by the week. The Trust really isn't helping me to get over how I feel.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:41 - Jan 16 with 1782 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:14 - Jan 16 by DafyddHuw

speaking of deeper issues....

is the Trust STILL looking into the possibility of taking the old owners to court?

If this is dead in the water, we should be told and the reasons why.

If not, what is the next few months going to tell you that the last 12 months hasn't?

You needn't rush to answer, I long ago stopped expecting any communication from the Trust.

Since the Yanks took over, I've felt a disconnect which seems to be growing by the week. The Trust really isn't helping me to get over how I feel.

OK, I won't then.

But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here. The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action. That bit, whilst things are progressing with the Americans, is what remains open.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:46 - Jan 16 with 1763 viewsSmellyplumz

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:41 - Jan 16 by Uxbridge

OK, I won't then.

But, as I'm here, the Trust can take the sellers to court if the Trust wishes to do so. There's a pretty clear breach of contract here. The question then becomes what is to gain by taking that course of action. That bit, whilst things are progressing with the Americans, is what remains open.

Progressing! Stop taking the piss out of us please.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:48 - Jan 16 with 1757 viewsDafyddHuw

OK, I won't then.

Thank you. And will that question be put to the members? Or will the Trust make that decision on the members' behalf?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 1713 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:48 - Jan 16 by DafyddHuw

Thank you. And will that question be put to the members? Or will the Trust make that decision on the members' behalf?

That's one for the members I'd say. And, unless I'm mistaken, that was already stated in the October forum?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 1690 viewsLandore_Jack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:49 - Jan 16 by Uxbridge

That's one for the members I'd say. And, unless I'm mistaken, that was already stated in the October forum?

Has a date been set for the next Trust meeting? Will all shareholders be present or will there be someone representing all shareholders?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 12:58]

#backtojack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:11 - Jan 16 with 1666 viewstylagarwjack

OK, I won't then.

What is to gain by taking the sellers to court?

Well if there is a good chance of financial gain (i.e. compensation) for the Trust by doing so, and if there is a pretty clear breach of contract then there should be, then isn't that enough to warrant that course of action? Any compensation received will obviously benefit the Trust so why not?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 13:15 - Jan 16 with 1653 viewsUxbridge

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 12:57 - Jan 16 by Landore_Jack

Has a date been set for the next Trust meeting? Will all shareholders be present or will there be someone representing all shareholders?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 12:58]

Not yet.Hoping for something to be announced on that score in next week or two.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024