Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head 07:19 - Jan 15 with 12144 viewsFlossy

If we are to believe that the Trust new nothing about the sale to the new owners and Jenkins and Co have shafted them plus the incompetence that Jenkins has shown over the last few years - why won't the Trust call for his head.....makes no sense to me unless they also have skeletons in the cupboard that would be exposed if they did so!!!!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:33 - Jan 15 with 4640 views34dfgdf54

FAO Phil, I obviously realise you can't make a statement on an active employee of the club, but after the West Ham game you came on here and said you told the owners what the trust thought about Bradley, all but confirming the trust wanted him axed.

Where do you stand on Jenkins?
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 4620 viewsHeadmaster

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:33 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

FAO Phil, I obviously realise you can't make a statement on an active employee of the club, but after the West Ham game you came on here and said you told the owners what the trust thought about Bradley, all but confirming the trust wanted him axed.

Where do you stand on Jenkins?

I'm pretty sure he said concerns about Jenkins have been raised, but it's best not to unsettle things during the transfer window. I don't want to put words in his mouth, so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember him saying.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:40 - Jan 15 with 4619 viewsPawelAbbott

Everyone blames Jenkins for the recruitment, but surely our terrible scouting network are even more to blame.
Rather than build 2 state of the art training facilities they should have built one and an international scouting network.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:09 - Jan 15 with 4578 viewsclloy2

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 08:40 - Jan 15 by PawelAbbott

Everyone blames Jenkins for the recruitment, but surely our terrible scouting network are even more to blame.
Rather than build 2 state of the art training facilities they should have built one and an international scouting network.

who was responsible for employing our scouts and putting the scouting network in place. Yes you guessed it our DoF. What does he do for 500k pa. I would like to see the trust call for the new owners to at least come out and confirm that he will no longer be given any direct responsibility for on field matters, which includes transfer targets. He has done enough damage on that front to last us a lifetime.
In any case after achieving his stated objective of the sale "take us to the next level" (absolutely bloody backwards which no one can dispute), then why does he need to hang around any longer.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 4536 viewsSmellyplumz

You won't hear the trust on this issue.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 4509 viewsexiledclaseboy

What's the point in calling for Jenkins' head? What do you think it would achieve?

Poll: Tory leader

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 4509 viewsbermudajack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:09 - Jan 15 by clloy2

who was responsible for employing our scouts and putting the scouting network in place. Yes you guessed it our DoF. What does he do for 500k pa. I would like to see the trust call for the new owners to at least come out and confirm that he will no longer be given any direct responsibility for on field matters, which includes transfer targets. He has done enough damage on that front to last us a lifetime.
In any case after achieving his stated objective of the sale "take us to the next level" (absolutely bloody backwards which no one can dispute), then why does he need to hang around any longer.

Surely The trust has to represent the thoughts of all of its its members, not just the thoughts of the elected board or Chairman.

The only democratic way that the chairman of the trust can pass on a no confidence concern in HJ is via a poll/ vote of its members & deliver the results to the board of SCFC.

As a 21% shareholders (and major fan voice representative) surely this would have to be discussed.
(Phil's personal thoughts on Huw should be kept personal at this point in my view)

Plant the seed 🤠 Get out of our club 🤡

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:33 - Jan 15 with 4489 viewsexiledclaseboy

From what I observed there wasn't a murmur against Jenkins and the Board yesterday. Nobody cares. Apathy rules for the most part. A good chunk of the 20k there yesterday will be doing something else on Saturday afternoons from August.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 4479 viewsStarsky

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:27 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

What's the point in calling for Jenkins' head? What do you think it would achieve?

Maybe it would stop him buying £5 million players all the time.
It's absolutely plucking ridiculous that he's still involved in this.
He's a cheating fecker who is now squandering someone else's player recruitment budget.

It's just the internet, init.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:35 - Jan 15 with 4476 viewsDr_Winston

They have haven't they?

The Trust's concerns about Jenkins continuing in place have been stated if memory serves. Difference is they have to be diplomatic about it and not scream "GET OUT JENKINS YOU C*NT!" like everyone else can.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 4436 viewstylagarwjack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:35 - Jan 15 by Dr_Winston

They have haven't they?

The Trust's concerns about Jenkins continuing in place have been stated if memory serves. Difference is they have to be diplomatic about it and not scream "GET OUT JENKINS YOU C*NT!" like everyone else can.

Genuine question here, the trust raising concerns about Jenkins, were they simply due to him continuing in the role after the share sale or were they around his performance in his role of chairman?

The best example of his recent performance is him authorising the sale of our club captain and best centre back by a long way, and replacing him with a kid from Barnsley, which, even without the benefit of hindsight, anyone who knows our squad, would have seen a mile off that it wouldn't be enough. For that alone he should go.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 4370 viewsSmellyplumz

All quiet from the fans rep?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 4362 viewsQuincy999

It's what the trust are saying to the americans in private is what's important and we just have to trust them on that. Them screaming from the rooftops for HJ to be sacked isn't really going to acheive anything.
I thought Phil's comments on here after the Curtis debacle were quite clear and don't think more needs to be said at this point.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:27 - Jan 15 with 4321 viewsdobjack2

Many disagree but I feel that the last trust statement regarding the chairman was basically challenging Jenkins to come up with the goods in this window as our recruitment in previous windows has been abysmal.

If our recruitment in this window is poor the trust are in a stronger position to ask for his head.

What we don't know is what the majority owners are saying in private - I.e what is our transfer kitty. If it's around £15 million then we are going to get 3 players at about £5 million each and maybe a couple in loan towards the end of the window. If that is all he Is given to work with then there is little more he can do.

Then there is the question of our more desirable players. I know the resurrection is becoming obsessive in his anti gylfi posts but if results don't improve during the window that may be the only throw of the dice left. However there would be little point in selling him unless we could convince quality replacements to sign- down to Jenkins- and if we are cast adrift who would want to come here.

In short I think the trust have to play it carefully. If this window doesn't work out I think they have to ask for Jenkins head but primarily over his failures from previous windows which have left him in an almost impossible position for this window. Concentrating solely on this window will allow him some wriggle room.

Unfortunately I feel we will only get rid of him once we are well and truly fecked.

Remember the trust can't fire Jenkins and asking for his head in public when the majority owners are asking for unity could burn a lot of bridges with the owners.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:30 - Jan 15 with 4308 viewsjacabertawe

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:27 - Jan 15 by dobjack2

Many disagree but I feel that the last trust statement regarding the chairman was basically challenging Jenkins to come up with the goods in this window as our recruitment in previous windows has been abysmal.

If our recruitment in this window is poor the trust are in a stronger position to ask for his head.

What we don't know is what the majority owners are saying in private - I.e what is our transfer kitty. If it's around £15 million then we are going to get 3 players at about £5 million each and maybe a couple in loan towards the end of the window. If that is all he Is given to work with then there is little more he can do.

Then there is the question of our more desirable players. I know the resurrection is becoming obsessive in his anti gylfi posts but if results don't improve during the window that may be the only throw of the dice left. However there would be little point in selling him unless we could convince quality replacements to sign- down to Jenkins- and if we are cast adrift who would want to come here.

In short I think the trust have to play it carefully. If this window doesn't work out I think they have to ask for Jenkins head but primarily over his failures from previous windows which have left him in an almost impossible position for this window. Concentrating solely on this window will allow him some wriggle room.

Unfortunately I feel we will only get rid of him once we are well and truly fecked.

Remember the trust can't fire Jenkins and asking for his head in public when the majority owners are asking for unity could burn a lot of bridges with the owners.

I feel sure that the owners will have noted the dissatisfaction with HJ expressed by some posters on PS.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:37 - Jan 15 with 4277 viewsmonmouth

Well I think that Jenkins incompetence should be put firmly in the public domain, as I said when the last trust statement came out. His own words and actions can be used to do it. 3 managers expensively paid off months into new contracts and glowing endorsements from him in just over a year? Him being paid over half a mil to do it. F**k off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:37 - Jan 15 with 4277 viewsmagicdaps10

Firstly, we dont know what is going on in the background and the trust might be turning the screw on Jenkins.......if their not then they should hang their head in shame.

It seems to me that recent developments on the sacking of Bradley, appointment of Clement and "involving" the trust with the transfer window as appeased some if not all on the trust...........it seems quite clear to me that the major shareholders and Huw have said to the trust " hold my hand and we will skip down this garden and watch it bloom once again all together" whilst at the same time, behind the trusts back they are smiling at each other in acknowledgement and surprise at how easy they have pulled the wool over the trusts eyes.

That is an opinion from outside the circle BUT sometimes you can see the truth far clearer from a distance.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:44 - Jan 15 with 4254 viewsperchrockjack

What would it achieve?

Blindingly obvious to me

Our recruitment over several seasons is and has been killing us.

We re about to welcome Tom fookn CARROLL ffs, basically another Grimes

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:55 - Jan 15 with 4231 viewsQuincy999

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:44 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

What would it achieve?

Blindingly obvious to me

The trouble is if the Trust stated publicly that the wanted HJ sacked it wouldn't mean that he actually would be. It could bring a bit of a siege mentality to the americans and dialogue would stop.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:57 - Jan 15 with 4226 viewstylagarwjack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:37 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Firstly, we dont know what is going on in the background and the trust might be turning the screw on Jenkins.......if their not then they should hang their head in shame.

It seems to me that recent developments on the sacking of Bradley, appointment of Clement and "involving" the trust with the transfer window as appeased some if not all on the trust...........it seems quite clear to me that the major shareholders and Huw have said to the trust " hold my hand and we will skip down this garden and watch it bloom once again all together" whilst at the same time, behind the trusts back they are smiling at each other in acknowledgement and surprise at how easy they have pulled the wool over the trusts eyes.

That is an opinion from outside the circle BUT sometimes you can see the truth far clearer from a distance.

I think this is the key point, on a lot of things, we, as fans, don't know.

The Trust are saying that discussions are having to take place in private and they have to be careful what is stated publicly. That is fair enough when it comes to confidential information i.e. finances and transfer targets, but what it also means is that the wider fan base have no visibility of what questions are being asked.

And as for what questions are being asked, are they just questions that are based on the views of the trust board? If so is that the way it should work?

In other words, we have no visibility on whether the Trust are doing their job or not (and I am not for one minute saying that they are not, just that we, as fans, don't know). Are they asking for Jenkins to be removed? We don't know, in my opinion they should be, but again, we don't know.

We are being asked to trust the Trust, well, another question, have they earned that trust?

It seems that the Trust is now very much along the lines of a government where the only time members get a chance to have an input is at election time. Yes there are trust forums but are points raised by non trust board members then raised with the club, (we don't know) and if they are, what is the response/outcome (we don't know)?

Again, not criticising just asking, is this the way it should work and is there any other way, where members views are canvassed, as sometimes the Trust will make a public statement, how do they know that is representative of members views as a whole, such as, endorsing Paul Clement's appointment? I know they're not going to come out and say he's the wrong appointment but they could have said nothing.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:59 - Jan 15 with 4211 viewsWingstandwood

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:44 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

What would it achieve?

Blindingly obvious to me

Being from Liverpool area you will no doubt know about the complete and utter genius of the late super-scout talent spotter Geoff Twentyman. Sadly SCFC has had the complete and utter opposite i.e. a failed roofing supplies merchant from Skewen whose only talent would to be to spot some 'promising' lead sheet roll for valley gutter repair.

Farce! Farce! Farce ain't it, a club playing in a league where tens (hundreds maybe?) of millions of Pounds can be lost if lunacy infiltrates. And it has bloody well infiltrated courtesy of the most insane scenario imaginable i.e. a failed roofing supplies merchant as D.O.F at a Premier League club. And people think the Cullis of Cradley Heath F.C managerial appointment was surreal!

Argus!

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:01 - Jan 15 with 4189 viewsbritferry

I'd like to see a clear out of the parasites on the board but lets make sure we stay up first.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:03 - Jan 15 with 4181 viewsclloy2

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 09:27 - Jan 15 by exiledclaseboy

For one, it would stop someone meddling in football matters which clearly he is not qualified to do.
Just look at our latest intended signings. A team full of poor/bang average players (IN TERMS OF THE CURRENT LEAGUE WE PLAY IN) and he wants to bring in more of the same !!
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 4139 viewsJJJack

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:37 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Sadly, I suspect this is closer to the truth.
Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 11:24 - Jan 15 with 4095 viewsDafyddHuw

Why Won't the TRUST call for Jenkins Head on 10:27 - Jan 15 by dobjack2

Your last sentence - see, that's exactly what's wrong with the mentality between the the Trust, the fans and the owners.

We're talking about a group of people who had no qualms about buying the club secretly behind the Trust's back - the same group of people who informed the Trust that the club was getting an American as our new manager, someone who had never managed a club side at any sort of senior level.

And then you (and the Trust) say that calling for HJ's head might burn bridges?
I would have thought that all bridges has already been well and truly burned by the yanks. How many times do they have to shit on the Trust before you/the Trust realise wtf is going on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024