Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins 17/18 21:16 - Jan 22 with 5470 viewsQJumpingJack

If we stay up, should he remain as Chairman for next season?

Discuss...
Jenkins 17/18 on 22:14 - Jan 22 with 2340 viewstaffpunk

Apart from angry posts on here, there have been no real protests so far, so I see no reason why he wouldn't be your Chairman next season if you stay up. If you are relegated, which I thought was unlikely even before yesterday, then everyone will throw their toys out of their prams and he will find his position difficult. Sadly modern football is all about results!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Jenkins 17/18 on 22:15 - Jan 22 with 2333 viewsWarwickHunt

Jenkins 17/18 on 21:24 - Jan 22 by QJumpingJack

I can't see how Pearlman/Levien and Kaplan can get rid of him if he takes us into our 7th season in the top flight.

You're a bit fûcking dim then.

Or, more likely, a patsy.
Jenkins 17/18 on 22:48 - Jan 22 with 2236 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins 17/18 on 22:02 - Jan 22 by deanscfc

I've not got an opinion one way or the other on this right now. Yes he's made mistakes (and been a little greedy over the last year or so), but he also got us to where we are now and frankly most people if they are honest would have thought about making such a big profit on shares that they owned if there was a chance that some point those shares could soon be worth a lot less.

His recruitment and lack of willingness to spend has annoyed me no end but I think that is also down to the Americans who big noises but put nothing in.

I do find it sad to see the abuse that he's getting tbh considering how highly thought of he and the other directors previously were.

That was before people found out what he had been up to behind the back of the Trust and behind the backs of the supporters of the club who have paid their money over the years.

By the supporters for the supporters rings very hollow no matter how much spin anyone tries to put on it.
Jenkins 17/18 on 23:15 - Jan 22 with 2165 viewsKilkennyjack

He should resign immediately. Full fecking stop.

Beware of the Risen People

Jenkins 17/18 on 00:47 - Jan 23 with 2058 viewsdeanscfc

Jenkins 17/18 on 22:48 - Jan 22 by dobjack2

That was before people found out what he had been up to behind the back of the Trust and behind the backs of the supporters of the club who have paid their money over the years.

By the supporters for the supporters rings very hollow no matter how much spin anyone tries to put on it.

What exactly?
Jenkins 17/18 on 07:34 - Jan 23 with 1958 viewsDr_Winston

Boot the f*cker out on on the first of February. Gives us 3/4 months to find a replacement before the next window opens.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins 17/18 on 08:17 - Jan 23 with 1897 viewsCooperman

No he shouldn't and I don't think he will.

The owners will be looking for a short period of stability following the change of manager and January transfer window. Then, if we are able to stay up the focus will be on further stability over the first half of next season. I would expect to see more activity from our CEO.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jenkins 17/18 on 08:18 - Jan 23 with 1897 viewsswan65split

You need your head read............NO ,
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins 17/18 on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 1871 viewsawayjack

Must go. Put personal greed and lied to fans so many times I'm suprised he's still able to show face in the ground.
Jenkins 17/18 on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 1847 viewswaynekerr55

I've not got an opinion one way or the other on this right now. Yes he's made mistakes (and been a little greedy over the last year or so), but he also got us to where we are now and frankly most people if they are honest would have thought about making such a big profit on shares that they owned if there was a chance that some point those shares could soon be worth a lot less.

His recruitment and lack of willingness to spend has annoyed me no end but I think that is also down to the Americans who big noises but put nothing in.

I do find it sad to see the abuse that he's getting tbh considering how highly thought of he and the other directors previously were.

"he got us here"

Have you been watching jack to a king? The lack of spending the Americans fault? Remind me who insisted on selling to Americans?

For me he's dined out on the work of others and him and the rest of the leeches should be purged immediately

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins 17/18 on 08:53 - Jan 23 with 1817 viewsLoyal

Jenkins 17/18 on 21:21 - Jan 22 by QJumpingJack

If we stay up it will strengthen his position that he is the right man to lead us.

Wonderful piece of angling 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jenkins 17/18 on 08:59 - Jan 23 with 1804 viewsUxbridge

Jenkins 17/18 on 22:15 - Jan 22 by WarwickHunt

You're a bit fûcking dim then.

Or, more likely, a patsy.

This'll make the next SEALS meet up interesting

Anyway, my take is that survival in itself would be no criteria. There'll be plenty who'll say there's no scenario he can possibly stay, and I've got some sympathy for that. As this thread and elsewhere shows though is that it'd be enough for plenty, and I can understand why. For me, it's all about ensuring we have the best people in the jobs for the future, and he's some considerable way from proving that. Still, the recent changes have gone well, and if we're damning him for past signings then he'll earn credit for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jenkins 17/18 on 09:27 - Jan 23 with 1753 viewsSheffieldjack

There's no way he should be allowed anywhere near the running of the club. The Americans will see it too if they have got any sense - and I think they have.
Jenkins 17/18 on 09:29 - Jan 23 with 1734 viewsSmellyplumz

Way no f ucking!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jenkins 17/18 on 10:12 - Jan 23 with 1678 viewsLeonWasGod

Heart says 'no, fuggin way'.

But I do worry what will happen if he clears off and we leave the Americans to it though - we'll probably have Bob back (or someone equally as rubbish).

By wanting him out at all costs, we may well be cutting off our nose to spite our face.
Jenkins 17/18 on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 1569 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins 17/18 on 10:12 - Jan 23 by LeonWasGod

Heart says 'no, fuggin way'.

But I do worry what will happen if he clears off and we leave the Americans to it though - we'll probably have Bob back (or someone equally as rubbish).

By wanting him out at all costs, we may well be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Not a chance will they go for someone who'll jeopardise their investment. Ultimately they've got to justify their running of the business to whoever their pay masters are. If Clement turns out as a success and we have a root and branch review of the current football admin side (recruitment and DoF) positions then anyone with more than one brain cell will see that change is needed.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins 17/18 on 12:57 - Jan 23 with 1511 viewsdeanscfc

Jenkins 17/18 on 09:27 - Jan 23 by Sheffieldjack

There's no way he should be allowed anywhere near the running of the club. The Americans will see it too if they have got any sense - and I think they have.

As someone else pointed out, I think it would be very misguided to think that the Americans will have better intentions than Huw Jenkins, someone who has been through everything with the club.

Yes, Jenkins and co sold to the Americans but did the Americans make promises on investment that they didn't keep? For all the noise about improving the playing squad they did nothing and even made a profit in the transfer window. No way is it as simple as HJ is guilty and the Americans are innocent.

I would keep HJ on but both he and the Americans now need to stop trying to do everything on the cheap and invest properly.
Jenkins 17/18 on 13:01 - Jan 23 with 1506 viewsjack247

No he shouldn't. He will though
Jenkins 17/18 on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 1496 viewsLeonWasGod

Jenkins 17/18 on 10:31 - Jan 23 by waynekerr55

Not a chance will they go for someone who'll jeopardise their investment. Ultimately they've got to justify their running of the business to whoever their pay masters are. If Clement turns out as a success and we have a root and branch review of the current football admin side (recruitment and DoF) positions then anyone with more than one brain cell will see that change is needed.

You'd think so, but remember these are the people who thought Bob was a good idea.....

We've seen enough new 'businessman' owners over the years drag other clubs down, so that's always a possibility. If we could get the right person though, yes absolutely make the change. Morally, I'm gobsmacked at HJ & LD's frontage at hanging around.
Jenkins 17/18 on 13:22 - Jan 23 with 1488 viewsBloodyhills

No. The reason we are in the shit is Jenkins.
It seems that Jenkins was the man for the job when running things on a shoestring but he seems to be unable to break free from that mentality and it doesn't work for a Premier League Club.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins 17/18 on 13:26 - Jan 23 with 1483 viewsBloodyhills

Jenkins 17/18 on 21:24 - Jan 22 by QJumpingJack

I can't see how Pearlman/Levien and Kaplan can get rid of him if he takes us into our 7th season in the top flight.

I don't see how they can keep him. The fact that we are talking about 'if' is down to Huw and am sure the yanks will be aware that Huw has put their money at risk and am sure they won't like that and wouldn't want to risk it again.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins 17/18 on 13:34 - Jan 23 with 1479 viewsdobjack2

Jenkins 17/18 on 00:47 - Jan 23 by deanscfc

What exactly?

have you been asleep for a couple of years or are you a relation?

Did he sell his shares,along with others without letting the trust know what was happening? Was that in breach of the shareholders agreement? Did he admit that he didn't really know who he was selling his shares to? Etc etc.
Jenkins 17/18 on 13:39 - Jan 23 with 1470 viewsBloodyhills

Jenkins has been recruiting badly for a long time and not just since the Americans bought the club so can't see how you can blame the Americans for that.

I agree that Jenkins did well in getting us where we are today (being in the Prem) but he is also to blame for getting us where we are today (huge risk of relegation)

For the last few years he has shown that he is not up to the job of running a Premier League Club. You are only as good as your last game and Huw has been poor for a few years.

Jenkins 17/18 on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 1456 viewsvetchonian

Before I start I am not defending , supporting Jenkins As far as I am concerned he is a low down because he has sold our club down the river and put us back in a postion that the and others said should never happen again follwing the Petty fiasco and their "saving " us.

BUT from a totally independant stanpoint if you were looking at it with out the emotional attachment and feeling we have as fans ...if you were purely a business man ie our new owners and we avoid relegation why shouldnt they keep him ...especially if it proved he was right about their appointment of Bradley?

Hopefully the Trust will have some input and be able to persaude the owners a change is needed. Maybe there always was going to be a change as often happens in these osrts of things when companies are taken over.Maybe given as how things went belly up with Bradley the Americans will be more cautious . Personally Id like to see a professional DoF but you would find it hard to argue from a purely business point of view if we stay up. As a fan I think he should go because of what he as a so called "fan" has done to my club.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Jenkins 17/18 on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 1439 views34dfgdf54

"and been a little greedy"

Understatement of the year so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024