Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia 12:00 - Jan 24 with 11822 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea make enquiry for Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4151536/Swansea-enquiry-Inter-

#backtojack

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:23 - Jan 24 with 3061 viewsmax936

He's valued at around 4 to 5 mill, bound to be coming here, Jenkins loves that figure.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:39 - Jan 24 with 3010 viewsBorojack

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 19:43 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

You can't judge a player without having seen him play and just using his appearance record alone. Doing that is complete idiocy. Nagatomo joined Inter in 2011 and played 150 games, and he's been mostly crap. Similarly, Neil Taylor joined us in 2010 and has made 160 appearances. He's been absolute garbage.

In regards to the Italy caps, it's very telling that 13 of his 21 caps came in friendlies. And yes, the Italian defenders who play in the Euros and the World Cup are very good. But Ranocchia never made the squad for any Euro or World Cup, or even the Confederations Cup. There's a reason for that.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 19:44]

I have seen him play but the stats do have a bearing you don't get to play that amount of games for Inter without having some quality.
Out of interest were you happy with the other 3 signings we have made so far.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:40 - Jan 24 with 3003 viewsJango

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:18 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

"You do know who's been up against since he first came into the scene?"

Yes I do.

Criscito, Paletta, Astori, Bocchetti, and current West Ham wasteman Angelo Ogbonna are just some of the centre halves who were picked to play at a major tournament at Ranocchia's expense. Definite world beaters that lot.

But as I said previously in my first post in this thread, 1) I am not against us getting Ranocchia and 2) I think that a change in league and environment can do wonders for him. I'll leave it at that.

You've listed 2 Milan players, 1 fiorentina and 1 zenit st Petersburg. Plus add the fact ogbonna would walk into our team aswell and you've had a mare
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:46 - Jan 24 with 2981 views34dfgdf54

What injuries has this guy had?

I would be lying if I said that hearing fans saying he is the worst in serie A doesn't concern me, but I suppose our recent successes have been made by players who have come here with similar reviews.

If he got the captaincy at Inter Milan, surely he has something about him aswell?
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:50 - Jan 24 with 2960 viewsnyc_swans

people talking like not getting into the inter team is a disgrace.

up until a few years ago (and including some of the time Andrea was in the team) they were arguably the greatest team in the world.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:17 - Jan 24 with 2900 viewsFerrieBodde

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:40 - Jan 24 by Jango

You've listed 2 Milan players, 1 fiorentina and 1 zenit st Petersburg. Plus add the fact ogbonna would walk into our team aswell and you've had a mare

ogbonna sucks
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 21:18]
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:46 - Jan 24 with 2784 viewscostalotta

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 20:18 - Jan 24 by MyFinalHeaven

"You do know who's been up against since he first came into the scene?"

Yes I do.

Criscito, Paletta, Astori, Bocchetti, and current West Ham wasteman Angelo Ogbonna are just some of the centre halves who were picked to play at a major tournament at Ranocchia's expense. Definite world beaters that lot.

But as I said previously in my first post in this thread, 1) I am not against us getting Ranocchia and 2) I think that a change in league and environment can do wonders for him. I'll leave it at that.

Criscito is a full back. Paletta is a defensive midfielder, Astori is a good few years younger and is with the under 21s, or was until recently. And ogbanna is shite!

You conventiently left out Bonucci, Chielini, and Barzaglia and that's just from Juventus. The bedrock of the Italian defence for years.

I accept he's not near the best Italian defender at this time but he'd bring something to the table we could definitely use given our predicament.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:02 - Jan 24 with 2740 viewsSwan91

He was Captain of Inter for a while... we need a player who can do that role, even the manager has said that. If he has those attributes to be captain then it could help mentally aswell.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:19 - Jan 24 with 2701 viewsjasper_T

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 18:40 - Jan 24 by FerrieBodde

Like who? And how many of these have 43 or more caps as Babel does?

Dwight Tiendalli ring any bells?

Dutch football's been in a right state for a while.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:37 - Jan 24 with 2667 viewstrampie

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 13:29 - Jan 24 by WarwickHunt

Argentinians don't get Italy caps.

Oh yes they do :- Omar Enrique Sivori , won the Copa America with Argentina [player of the tournament] and then a few years later played in the World Cup finals for Italy.
He was European footballer of the year at one time also.

There was a story involving him and England's greatest centre forward but that's another story as they say.

When it comes to footie WarwickHunt I can see you need a lot of educating, an awful lot. lol

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:55 - Jan 24 with 2621 viewsveng9

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:46 - Jan 24 by costalotta

Criscito is a full back. Paletta is a defensive midfielder, Astori is a good few years younger and is with the under 21s, or was until recently. And ogbanna is shite!

You conventiently left out Bonucci, Chielini, and Barzaglia and that's just from Juventus. The bedrock of the Italian defence for years.

I accept he's not near the best Italian defender at this time but he'd bring something to the table we could definitely use given our predicament.

Paletta has played 17 games as a CB this season. Nowhere else. He is a centre back. Astori is 30 and so 2 years older than Ranocchia. He left out the BBC because they aren't the ones keeping him out of the team.

Some comments from Inter fans on their forum

"If he leaves in the next week, it will be a damn miracle."

"Captain Ranocchia is like a big piece of smelly poo that you simply cannot flush."

"Just f off already Frog"

"Just f off already to someplace else you stupid talentless ftard!"

"This guy is a never ending nightmare that just won't go away!"

"Both are terribly bad captains. The only difference between the two is that one is useful for the team as a footballer while the other(Ranocchia) is only useful at changing light bulbs."

I'm not saying he wont work out for us. You never know and I certainly wouldn't criticise him myself unless he started performing badly but why are people trying to pretend in this thread that he has anything but a negative reputation?
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 23:15 - Jan 24 with 2576 viewsKerouac

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:55 - Jan 24 by veng9

Paletta has played 17 games as a CB this season. Nowhere else. He is a centre back. Astori is 30 and so 2 years older than Ranocchia. He left out the BBC because they aren't the ones keeping him out of the team.

"Captain Ranocchia is like a big piece of smelly poo that you simply cannot flush."

"Both are terribly bad captains. The only difference between the two is that one is useful for the team as a footballer while the other(Ranocchia) is only useful at changing light bulbs."

I'm not saying he wont work out for us. You never know and I certainly wouldn't criticise him myself unless he started performing badly but why are people trying to pretend in this thread that he has anything but a negative reputation?

Somebody put up a similar list of fan comments concerning Tom Carroll shortly before he signed....he had a stormer and won most over just days later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 07:05 - Jan 25 with 2408 viewscostalotta

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:55 - Jan 24 by veng9

My mistake. I should have checked but didn't. for some reason I always mix up Rugani and Astori.

MFH was trying to say that these players are keeping AR out of the Italian national team when their not.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:04 - Jan 25 with 2323 viewsLegend83

If he was a top Italian centre back he wouldn't be being linked with Swansea City, and that is the bottom line.

As with all our signings the hope has to be he is better than what we already have, not that he will turn out to be the next Sergio Ramos.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:29 - Jan 25 with 2277 viewsJango

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:04 - Jan 25 by Legend83

If he was a top Italian centre back he wouldn't be being linked with Swansea City, and that is the bottom line.

As with all our signings the hope has to be he is better than what we already have, not that he will turn out to be the next Sergio Ramos.

Some of our fans would turn their nose up at Ramos.
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:30 - Jan 25 with 2271 viewsSmellyplumz

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:04 - Jan 25 by Legend83

Clement has already shown he can sort players out so Im confident he could get the best out of this Italian geezer.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 09:49 - Jan 25 with 2233 viewsLord_Bony

When is she coming?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 10:15 - Jan 25 with 2186 viewsWarwickHunt

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 22:37 - Jan 24 by trampie

Oh yes they do :- Omar Enrique Sivori , won the Copa America with Argentina [player of the tournament] and then a few years later played in the World Cup finals for Italy.
He was European footballer of the year at one time also.

There was a story involving him and England's greatest centre forward but that's another story as they say.

When it comes to footie WarwickHunt I can see you need a lot of educating, an awful lot. lol

*whooooosh*
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 14:29 - Jan 26 with 1935 viewsLandore_Jack

Ranocchia could STAY at Inter Milan.

On Wednesday, Swansea City were pushed to the front of the queue and a deal looked possible. Now, Gazzetta dello Sport say Swansea are interested, but Ranocchia could decide to stay at Inter.

The Milan club are keen to sell but every time they try, things fall to pieces. Ranocchia is on €2.5m a year (we assume that’s after tax, not sure how he would cope otherwise) and that’s apparently proving a problem.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-defender-transfer-goes-full-boil-gentle-s

#backtojack

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 17:55 - Jan 26 with 1740 viewsmax936

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 14:29 - Jan 26 by Landore_Jack

Ranocchia could STAY at Inter Milan.

On Wednesday, Swansea City were pushed to the front of the queue and a deal looked possible. Now, Gazzetta dello Sport say Swansea are interested, but Ranocchia could decide to stay at Inter.

The Milan club are keen to sell but every time they try, things fall to pieces. Ranocchia is on €2.5m a year (we assume that’s after tax, not sure how he would cope otherwise) and that’s apparently proving a problem.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-defender-transfer-goes-full-boil-gentle-s

Not a great reference point for a true picture of Football rumours Sports Witness though is it, things have gone quiet on any incomings though, I had thought that we'd see another come in this week ready for Saints game, unlikely now though was hoping for DM myself.

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 18:16 - Jan 26 with 1682 viewsAussieSwan

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 17:55 - Jan 26 by max936

Not a great reference point for a true picture of Football rumours Sports Witness though is it, things have gone quiet on any incomings though, I had thought that we'd see another come in this week ready for Saints game, unlikely now though was hoping for DM myself.

think Carroll will be out one and only midfield signing this window. Happy to be proven wrong though

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 18:39 - Jan 26 with 1628 viewsmax936

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 18:16 - Jan 26 by AussieSwan

think Carroll will be out one and only midfield signing this window. Happy to be proven wrong though

If his performances are like his Liverpool performance then he won't go far wrong, Southampton's midfield were solid last night especially Romeu's solid, gutsy, good in the air and strong, think we'd benefit from a player of his qualities myself with Carroll alongside him or just in front.

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 1529 viewsAussieSwan

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 18:39 - Jan 26 by max936

If his performances are like his Liverpool performance then he won't go far wrong, Southampton's midfield were solid last night especially Romeu's solid, gutsy, good in the air and strong, think we'd benefit from a player of his qualities myself with Carroll alongside him or just in front.

Completely agree with you. Someone like Jake Livermore would've been a great pick up.

Random shout but what about one of Chelsea's youngsters - Loftus-Cheek, Musonda or Chalobah? Or are they more of attacking midfielders?

I really don't know a lot about them but they are looking for Premier League football somewhere and maybe a loan move might not be bad. Perhaps not good enough to start but certainly would get minutes off the bench you'd think?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:47 - Jan 26 with 1510 viewsspiderboy

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 19:54 - Jan 24 by costalotta

You do know who's been up against since he first came into the scene?

The stat you quote is irrelevant. there are many cases when some very good , top quality players were unlucky enough to have been playing around the same times as just a few others who've been better! I'm not saying that about this guy, but two things you will get from him is he will know how to Defend! And he'll be tactically sound. he will als be an upgrade on our entire collection of centre backs.

So lets sign the tw*t then!!
Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:54 - Jan 26 with 1483 viewsjasper_T

Swans linked with Andrea Ranocchia on 21:36 - Jan 26 by AussieSwan

Completely agree with you. Someone like Jake Livermore would've been a great pick up.

Random shout but what about one of Chelsea's youngsters - Loftus-Cheek, Musonda or Chalobah? Or are they more of attacking midfielders?

I really don't know a lot about them but they are looking for Premier League football somewhere and maybe a loan move might not be bad. Perhaps not good enough to start but certainly would get minutes off the bench you'd think?

Loaning in players that aren't good enough to start and just giving them a few minutes doesn't feel like sensible transfer strategy to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024