Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building Bridges 13:24 - Feb 15 with 14295 viewsSwansTrust

The Supporters Trust has further bolstered its presence within Swansea City Football Club...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2017/02/15/building-bridges/

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Building Bridges on 14:14 - Feb 20 with 1237 viewsQJumpingJack

A friend summed up the situation brilliantly last week.

This is like your wife having an affair with your next door neighbour.
You take her back.
You want it to be ok. You think it will be ok.
But it is not.
Building Bridges on 15:21 - Feb 20 with 1197 viewsLoyal

Building Bridges on 12:58 - Feb 20 by TheResurrection

The Trust needs a shake up but a proper one and not the token gesture we've been appeased with.

You can feel the bitterness in people's written voices on here and this all stems from the terrible mistakes of the last few years.

Well the same people are still there doing the same things now.... Building bridges!!!?

Most fans don't know who the Trust Board consists of, even though most of them have been on there the whole time the Trust has existed. The ones we do know have made it like their own little boys club.

In the past elections have come and gone and nobody has cared, who was up for them, why and how they even knew about them. Thus elections have been nothing more than a farce.

But when the leaders of the little boys club wanted someone in particular they just co-opted them.

They have made it very personal to just a few and let's face it they haven't had the results to justify how much of a closed operation it's been.

Of course the usual suspects will argue some of these points and on technicalities they'd have some grounds, but in reality and looking at the big picture the way I've described it is very apt.

So what needs to happen, in my opinion, is for real change to be enforced.

And the present lot need to make it happen.

They need to put the Trust on the map, make sure the Trust are asked for their opinion on everything, be loud and proud; they should adopt a formula for more fans, a select few but more than the same old 12 every year, every time to make decisions or at least provide evidence that these fans' views have been canvassed; then they need to advertise for their positions and revitalise the whole operation.

We shouldn't be afraid of change, we should be afraid of standing still as we have been looking on from the sidelines for too long.

It's time to make things happen and nip the cosying up that's happening all over again in the bud.

These aren't drastic changes, they just need a little impetus to make things happen.

Exactly right, and if it is a fight we need, then sadly I'm afraid nobody has the bottle for a fight on the trust, it's not in their make up or DNA. And I don't mean kicking fck out of someone, although if you have that in you at least you can raise your game when required. With all due respects, bar one member I wouldnt want one in my corner in a proper scrap, so why would I want any of them in this scrap ?
It's failing again.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Loyal Blue Rinse Brigade on 16:27 - Feb 20 with 1159 viewsTheResurrection

This is another major failing of the Trust. The Loyal Blue Rinse Brigade.

If you took out, maybe 4 or 5 notable exceptions, here from this photo of the Trust meeting last year, you'd have 95% with an average age of what, 65/70??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1790916601185155&set=pcb.179091933118488

They will come back with they can't help who turns up to their meetings but that argument is a failure itself.

The Trust just don't reach out and grab the supporters attention.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Building Bridges on 16:43 - Feb 20 with 1133 viewsNeathJack

Building Bridges on 08:49 - Feb 21 with 1019 viewsdobjack2

Building Bridges on 22:20 - Feb 19 by TheResurrection

This is becoming oh so like it always has been with the Trust...

We all want a cohesive, functioning and efficient way to co-exist with the present owners, or any owners for that matter, but "building bridges"? And acclaiming that to the world like the cat who's got the cream is an extremely worrying development.

Does any Swans fan, sorry, let me try again,. does any Swans fan apart from Neath Jack actually believe the American owners haven't got exactly what they need?

And like with Huw Cooze beforehand, they've got us exactly where they want us.

The Trust, it seems, are enjoying the new relationship a bit too much. The US owners fronted by the charming Pearlman are able to throw them the odd bone so the Trust are able to proclaim some minor victories and alternately one of them plus family gets the VIP treatment in the Directors Box...

Oh, and they are also kept in the loop about potential new signings and all of a sudden we, the real fans, are left with more sitting duck patsy's when what we really need is some guts and teeth and a respectful arms length relationship, which would genuinely be of true benefit for the supporters of the City's football club.

We've been here before and whilst we've had some notable sacrificial lambs we are still largely left wth the same old regime.

Is it 9 of the 12 that are still there that were there through the debacle of the last few years?

I like Phil and Stu, I have met with them and they are good guys, intelligent too who can both hold a good conversation, so I am not on a witch hunt here but I would have really liked to have seen some tangible change by now and not least some progress with action against the disgusting behaviour of the selling shareholders and the resulting scenario.

They have been lulled into yet another false sense of security and sucked in by the American psychobabble and all I can say is shame on you.

Let's face it, we are never going to see genuine change with the present Trust Board, we've just got to get bloody used to it.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2017 22:53]

I agree that some changes are necessary from talking with people who meekly accept all that has gone on with lines like "if it wasn't for them (the sell outs) we wouldn't have premier league football" or "you can't blame them for selling can you?". It's not that a propaganda war has been lost we didn't even turn up for it.

However pi$$ing in from the outside won't Make those changes happen. We have spoken previously about you standing for the trust board and I respect that you are unable to do so, but there must be like minded people to yourself who would be prepared to stick their head above the parapet.

The trust is an elected body - therefore your opportunity to represent like minded supporters is the next election. Sort out who is going to stand and what they are going to stand for. I.e. What you want to do if elected. Broadcast that message to supporters (printing and handing out cards is an easy start) along with a snappy slogan, one that could be chanted at the game.

Then once you have interest hold meetings and encourage people to join the trust and vote for your candidate(s) in the next election.

However the first step is the hardest one. That first step is getting someone to move from bumping their gums on an internet site (that isn't aimed at you by the way) to stand up, say what they want to do and for them to be prepared to take the sh!t that will undoubtedly go their way if things don't go to plan as well as take the applause if it does.
Building Bridges on 14:43 - Feb 21 with 934 viewsTheResurrection

Building Bridges on 08:49 - Feb 21 by dobjack2

I agree that some changes are necessary from talking with people who meekly accept all that has gone on with lines like "if it wasn't for them (the sell outs) we wouldn't have premier league football" or "you can't blame them for selling can you?". It's not that a propaganda war has been lost we didn't even turn up for it.

However pi$$ing in from the outside won't Make those changes happen. We have spoken previously about you standing for the trust board and I respect that you are unable to do so, but there must be like minded people to yourself who would be prepared to stick their head above the parapet.

The trust is an elected body - therefore your opportunity to represent like minded supporters is the next election. Sort out who is going to stand and what they are going to stand for. I.e. What you want to do if elected. Broadcast that message to supporters (printing and handing out cards is an easy start) along with a snappy slogan, one that could be chanted at the game.

Then once you have interest hold meetings and encourage people to join the trust and vote for your candidate(s) in the next election.

However the first step is the hardest one. That first step is getting someone to move from bumping their gums on an internet site (that isn't aimed at you by the way) to stand up, say what they want to do and for them to be prepared to take the sh!t that will undoubtedly go their way if things don't go to plan as well as take the applause if it does.

I think you'll find quite a lot has been "achieved" from posters airing their views on the internet.

Not all warnings were heeded and terrible, apathetic mistakes were made over a long time, but more people than ever are a lot more aware than they ever were before or cared to be.

Think Tanks, Focus Groups, Pressure Groups, call them what you like, these are healthy for any organisation but especially one like ours. These should be encouraged over any platform and I'm surprised that you REPEATEDLY like to pour cold water over any sort of critique or observation.

This may say quite a lot about you and what you really think. I can't speak for or you and certainly can't defend you, but you've done this before. Why?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Building Bridges on 15:44 - Feb 21 with 913 viewsdobjack2

Building Bridges on 14:43 - Feb 21 by TheResurrection

I think you'll find quite a lot has been "achieved" from posters airing their views on the internet.

Not all warnings were heeded and terrible, apathetic mistakes were made over a long time, but more people than ever are a lot more aware than they ever were before or cared to be.

Think Tanks, Focus Groups, Pressure Groups, call them what you like, these are healthy for any organisation but especially one like ours. These should be encouraged over any platform and I'm surprised that you REPEATEDLY like to pour cold water over any sort of critique or observation.

This may say quite a lot about you and what you really think. I can't speak for or you and certainly can't defend you, but you've done this before. Why?

I think you are missing the point and seeing this as an attack on you which it is not. We agree on some points disagree on others but don't start your shouting and casting doubts on my motives game if there are bits in my post you don't like.

There is only so much that can be done by "pi$$ing in from the outside" as I put it. Yes it can push things a little but that is as far as it goes. A little. It's not pouring cold water it's pointing out the bleeding obvious.

If people want real change - then they have to do it themselves. Again not rocket science.

You have made some very valid comments about the age profiles of people attending trust meetings. Add that to the clear failure of the trust to connect to a large part of our fan base and it is evident that the trust board are missing something.

That something could be becoming more representative of those of our supporters who haven't spent most of their football lives watching the swans at far flung places when we were sh!t.

Only 2 ways that can happen: get the trust rules changed via the agm or get people who will feed in their views elected onto the trust board.

I am no expert in changing rules etc. But to go down the election front people need to be organised. They need candidates who have the balls to stand and be big enough to take any sh!t. Also did I say that they need to organise. As without organising they will fail.

The current trust board won't stick around forever and a day. What happens when they go? They will always need wise old heads around on the board but they also need to reach out to a larger part of our fan base. That has to happen and quickly.

Why am I posting this? To give people time to think and organise if they want to go down the election front and to chuck ideas out there. I'm trying to offer a constructive way forward rather than just criticising.

my health precludes my involvement and I've come to the conclusion that even if it didn't my age does now as I am not of an age to represent those supporters that need to have their voices heard.
Building Bridges on 07:27 - Feb 22 with 854 viewsskippyjack

Everyone just seems to ignore me..

The Americans are in control of 68%
The protest has been ratified by the Premier League.

The only way this is in anyway achieveable.. is if the Trust hierarchy signed one specific document.

Now.. if any EMAILS or conversations floating around the internet 'manipulating' situations for self gratifying purposes on this one 'specific' document..

A criminal activity has occured..

But it'll never go to court, the councillors will never allow it to go to court.. and the whole region will be against it.. because Swansea FC is a political chess piece.. and economical blanket.

Therefore it'll be brushed under the carpet like every single game of corporate chess the 'nursery children' like to play in their imaginative castle..

An asset that is critical to a certain area will never be liquidated.

Levein & Kaplan have dedicated their life and study to the economical machine since they were both probably toddlers.. they've got this club, area and especially the sellouts under their grasp of economical standing.

They're highly qualified economical marksmen.. Huw is some chump from Skewen.. Dineens a tea boy.. Morgan is an egotistical lucky hot shot opportunist.. JVZ is a wallpaper seller..

A thing called 'depth' and superior knowledge is at work here.

As i have stated on multiple occasions.. I can dissect quantum mechanical theories..

But people just will not listen..

Quantum Mechanics is the 'basis' on how the whole world structure is manipulated and created.. Quantum Mechanical theorists invent and manipulate the whole world structure for progressional purposes..

Every subject.. every equation.. every motive.. every move in the world is designed by theoretical projections with fluctuating odds..

The fact that I'm unemployed goes against the very thing that the world is based on.

Now that's a scary thought.. and opens up a new paradigm in the quantum realm..

It's a scary thought.. that nobody will employ me.. It's frightening in fact.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024